Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

NFL Best and worst Uniforms

NFL Chat
Gary IV

NFL Best and worst Uniforms

Post by Gary IV »

Gary IV

Re: NFL Best and worst Uniforms

Post by Gary IV »

Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Really interesting read actually.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Didn't read it. Funny I was thinking about the Bears and see Chicago in the link. Bears have one of the best ones. The teams that have kept their unis basic and true to the originals, win it for me. Hate the new designs.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Gary IV

Post by Gary IV »

Gary IV

Post by Gary IV »

twgerber

Post by twgerber »

Vikings not in first 4 parts so must be in part 5 great.
o
GM Spielman:
  • Record 62-48-2 (.559 winning %)
  • Playoffs 1-3
  • 7 years - reached playoffs 3 times.
  • Winner of the North 2 of last 4 years
Zimmer is 48-33-1
Gary IV

Post by Gary IV »

Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Vikings uniforms are probably in the top half for me. They look nice, no complaints, but they aren’t anything special.

At first I really liked the number font because it was unique, but it isn’t as timeless as the throwbacks.
Gary IV

Post by Gary IV »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:13 pm Vikings uniforms are probably in the top half for me. They look nice, no complaints, but they aren’t anything special.

At first I really liked the number font because it was unique, but it isn’t as timeless as the throwbacks.
It's curious you mention that, because as I had posted (and so many agreed) on the old forum, was when the rumors were out a few years ago about the latest redesign coming around so many fans were SCREAMING for the throwbacks, exactly like they wore in Favre's last game at TCF. Those are perfect. Coupled with the Road all-whites, with the UCLA shoulder rings, were about the most crisp uniforms in the NFL and my favorites (no bias of course).

I personally don't care for the latest, even though the author of these likes a lot of the things I find terrible, like the purple matte helmet and the shoulder stripes that look like a viking bow or stern. On the home jerseys, it's 'ok', but on the road it looks like a purple blob or someone spilled ink on the shoulder. The offset stripe on the pants is annoying as F too...and I won't even mention again the stupid mismatched fonts for the numbers.

What was unique, is at that time the Vikings were the only team in the NFL that had two distinctly different patterns for Home vs. Away. That's something cool.

The Wilf's heard the calls for the throwbacks and tradition, so they contracted NIKE to "come up with something traditional" and they reinvented the whole works and called it an ode to the past. No, the past would have been good enough...we don't need an interpretation of it.

Anyway, where I'm going with that (Spoiler alert), just through the process of elimination the Top of the line -WOOWZA uniforms they'll put out tomorrow are these remaining teams:

Bills
Steelers
49ers
Raiders
Bears

The one thing they all have in common? They are the simple "Throwback" versions and for the Steelers Raiders and Bears have essentially not changed one iota.

The Bills and 49ers were smart enough to realize their past, and tradition, and went all the way back to the simple long standing brand and most identifiable look. The 49ers spent nearly 20 years screwing around with white pants, weird stripes, goofy shading on the numbers, black here black there...then ultimately the KISS approach won out.

Had the Vikings done that, they too may have been in that same class as Steelers Raiders Bears. Crisp, classic. It would have been fitting as well, since GB and CHI are the two biggest rivals and never changed anything for nearly 50-60 years, the Vikings should be of that same ilk...not tweaking like Detroit or weird teams with sh*tty gimmicks and terrible brand recognition.

Simplicity is the key to brilliance.

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Jare ... 0Z3mul.jpg <--That's football.
Last edited by Gary IV on Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

The Niners have the best uniforms in the league in my opinion, and I agree, simple is better.

Colors, simple block numerals, that’s it. No fucking wavy piping, no racing stripes, etc.
Gary IV

Post by Gary IV »

bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Here I was thinking he forgot about the Bears.

He sure does like the NFC North. I think he might be the only person living outside of Wisconsin that would consider the GB jerseys, good ones.

Edit: Nevermind, looked at a few other articles, apparently jersey critics love a yellow and green color scheme.