Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

The End Zone Catch

NFL Chat
ThatGuy

The End Zone Catch

Post by ThatGuy »

The NFL needs to fix this BS rule of what they see as a catch in the end zone. If they have possession with 2 feet in bounds. It's a catch and a TD. If the ball wobbles out at the end or when they're out of bounds from hitting the ground, so be it. If a runner crosses the plain of the goal line, it's an instant TD. as it should. They need to get this figured out.
Qman65

Re: The End Zone Catch

Post by Qman65 »

James made the catch, the ground can't cause a fumble. He crossed the goal line before the ball moved.
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

everybody and his or her mom who watches football knows that was a catch. tony romo and jim nantz had no idea that the play could be overturned for the longest time. i knew that that was what they were looking at and that it could. personally i didn't even think they had enough evidence that the ball hit the ground even under this silly rule. but they did.

i hope people heard tony dungy on the subject after. he said that that is a catch wherever they play football but in the nfl. it's past ridiculous. that guy made a football move to get that ball over the goal line-you'd have to be an idiot not to understand that.
CasualObserverGuy

Post by CasualObserverGuy »

Watch:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCEVvd1CXDo[/youtube]

There has to be a distinction between the forward pass and the handoff, because of the forward pass to James then an entirely different set of rules apply. I believe the NFL called it right, but the rule could theoretically be changed, not sure how I would just yet.
Jesus threw the money changers out of the Temple in Jerusalem. We need to throw the bankers out of Washington.