Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Have the Patriots lost their touch?

NFL Chat
Dan33185

Have the Patriots lost their touch?

Post by Dan33185 »

It's about time this thread was brought back
Untitled.png
Donovan McNabb
***Official Gibby Award Winner February 2018***

Re: Have the Patriots lost their touch?

Post by Donovan McNabb »

I could see them going down this year. The Chiefs are pretty good.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Man, I wish the original thread on Rube Chat was still around.
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

I know. I never would have thought that my stupidity would inspire 60 pages of hilarity.

Dayman, Fighter of the Nightman.

Stup up, Abe!
Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Post by Night Train »

Doesn't appear so... and now they're adding Antonio Brown.
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Patriots lead the NFL in "net points" with +121.

2nd place is San Fran with +42

That's insane.

FWIW, Vikes are 4th with +39.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:07 am Patriots lead the NFL in "net points" with +121.

That's insane.

I noticed that as well, crazy stat. Obviously playing bad teams helps, but they are giving up about a touchdown a game, that's an impressive stat in today's NFL.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Dan33185 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:38 am
Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:07 am Patriots lead the NFL in "net points" with +121.

That's insane.

I noticed that as well, crazy stat. Obviously playing bad teams helps, but they are giving up about a touchdown a game, that's an impressive stat in today's NFL.
What is even scarier is Brady says this is the best defense he has seen since he became a Patriot. Looks like number 7 is a real possibilty
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

Well?
Dayman, Fighter of the Nightman.

Stup up, Abe!
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

B-Town wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:34 pmWell?
Kind of an odd time to bump this, nothing's even happened yet
RM22

Post by RM22 »

One of the all time classic face palm threads. Patriots won 2 titles and went to the SB 3 times after Fresh Dunce posted this.

I truly believe Bill is tanking for Trevor Lawerence. Edelman gets traded, so does Gillmore.
Living Rent Free in Fat Mike's head
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

RM22 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 8:41 am One of the all time classic face palm threads. Patriots won 2 titles and went to the SB 3 times after Fresh Dunce posted this.

I truly believe Bill is tanking for Trevor Lawerence. Edelman gets traded, so does Gillmore.
I want us to tank for Lawrence. Sadly, that dream is dead with the Cousins extension. I don't think Belicheat would be able to tank a season. He's too competitive. It may happen naturally though. That offense looks hideous on paper.
RM22

Post by RM22 »

Small Hands wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:08 am
RM22 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 8:41 am One of the all time classic face palm threads. Patriots won 2 titles and went to the SB 3 times after Fresh Dunce posted this.

I want us to tank for Lawrence. Sadly, that dream is dead with the Cousins extension. I don't think Belicheat would be able to tank a season. He's too competitive. It may happen naturally though. That offense looks hideous on paper.
He has a stockpile of 2021 picks. Rumor is Edelman to Green Bay and He could get a 2021 1st rounder and more for Gillmore.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

RM22 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:20 am
Small Hands wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:08 am

He has a stockpile of 2021 picks. Rumor is Edelman to Green Bay and He could get a 2021 1st rounder and more for Gillmore.
I would love to see GB give dome decent for a almost 34 yesr.old Edelman.

I don't believe this move will happen though.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RM22

Post by RM22 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:25 pm

Don't sleep on JE. That dude is a gamer. Who on the Vikes is going to cover him in the slot?

AJ Dillon is my favorite back in this draft class. Plus the Pack drafted a solid TE/FB. Add Edelman, Dillon, Jones with Adams. Arog has some weapons.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

RM22 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:30 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:25 pm

Don't sleep om JE. That dude is a gamer. Who on the Vikes is going to cover him in the slot?

AJ Dillon is my favorite back in this draft class. Plus the Pack drafted a solid TE/FB. Add Edelman, Dillon, Jones with Adams. Arog has some weapons.
Not worried how the Vikings will cover him. Vikings are going to be mediocre this year. He's not enough to put GB over the top of a SB. Let them trade away a future piece for him.

I can't imagine it would cost much thlugh. 5th rounder?
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RM22

Post by RM22 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:32 pm

Don't sleep om JE. That dude is a gamer. Who on the Vikes is going to cover him in the slot?

Not worried how the Vikings will cover him. Vikings are going to be mediocre this year. He's not enough to put GB over the top of a SB. Let them trade away a future piece for him.

For a Superbowl MVP? You obviously don't watch many Patriots games. He was literally Brady's only target last year. He took a beating. And ended up with 100 catches and 1117 yards.

Prime Time compared him to Scottie Pippen. On how valuable he was to the Championship Franchise.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

RM22 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:39 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:32 pm

For a Superbowl MVP? You obviously don't watch many Patriots games. He was literally Brady's only target last year. He took a beating. And ended up with 100 catches and 1117 yards.
He's ancient. The Pats imo don't want to win. If they do, they won't trade him. Nobody is giving up much for him. You might be able to pry a 4th. No higher and I wouldn't even do that.

I'm not saying he isn't/wasn't good.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RM22

Post by RM22 »

He's Clutch. And no, the Patriots do not want to win. Bill is tanking for Trevor Lawerence.

I bet Edeleman is worth a 3rd from a team like GB. Or TB.
RM22

Post by RM22 »

Last year Edelman had his best statistical season. He turns 34 this month. There is plenty left in his tank. well worth a 3rd to any team.

It's like saying ARodg isn't any good because he is 34.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

RM22 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:42 pm He's Clutch. And no, the Patriots do not want to win. Bill is tanking for Trevor Lawerence.

TB makes more sense as they are all in. They are a legit SB contender.

Having Evans, Godwin, Gronk and Edelman would be sick.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RM22

Post by RM22 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:47 pm
RM22 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:42 pm He's Clutch. And no, the Patriots do not want to win. Bill is tanking for Trevor Lawerence.

Green Bay went to the NFC Champ game last year. In a weak division. They could get the #1 seed and have a home playoff game in Lamblow come January. You're clearly not seeing this the way I am. Plus. ARodg is pissed at the team for drafting Love. They trade for JE, it brings in a proven winner/gamer.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

RM22 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:50 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:47 pm

Green Bay went to the NFC Champ game last year. In a weak division. They could get the #1 seed and have a home playoff game in Lamblow come January. You're clearly not seeing this the way I am. Plus. ARodg is pissed at the team for drafting Love. They trade for JE, it brings in a proven winner/gamer.
Meh. I watch the Packerd like.I do the Vikings. Even all their preseason. Most.of.my family and friends are Packer fans.

That team was a major fluke last year. They are at best a 10-6 squad. The division will be a shit show this year imo. They are all decent but no one is great.

They shouldn't even have beat the Hawks in blow and lost just as bad as the Vikings did to the Niners.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RM22

Post by RM22 »

Well as I told you the Niners were the class of the NFC. They crushed GB twice. Hawks have the best outside chance. But GB isn't as far away with ARodg. Give him these weapons, in a weak division and they have a legitimate shot.

Good talk Tube. I'm audi.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

RM22 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:56 pm Well as I told you the Niners were the class of the NFC. They crushed GB twice. Hawks have the best outside chance. But GB isn't as far away with ARodg. Give him these weapons, in a weak division and they have a legitimate shot.

The North is not a week division at all. None really scream Championship contender, but the Packers, Bears and Vikings all could be highly competitive this year...and maybe one of them steps up as a championship contender. Foles could be a Wild Card in this division. How much better would the Bears have been last year with someone more capable than Trubisky? Certainly better than 8-8.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:40 pm
RM22 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:56 pm Well as I told you the Niners were the class of the NFC. They crushed GB twice. Hawks have the best outside chance. But GB isn't as far away with ARodg. Give him these weapons, in a weak division and they have a legitimate shot.

The North is not a week division at all. None really scream Championship contender, but the Packers, Bears and Vikings all could be highly competitive this year...and maybe one of them steps up as a championship contender. Foles could be a Wild Card in this division. How much better would the Bears have been last year with someone more capable than Trubisky? Certainly better than 8-8.
Don't count the Lions out either.

I don't see anyone worse than 7-9 and anyone better than 10-6.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:44 pm

yeah, I was gonna say 6-10 for the Lions, and if thats your worst team in a division, thats a pretty competitive last place team. Lions have some real nice offensive players on paper too. I'm just really never worried about the Lions, even when they are having up years.

I could very well see a scenario like yours of the 4 teams in this division being within 3 games of each other...that would be a very entertaining year. I still think one of the 3 of the Vikes, Pack and Bears get momentum, and rise to 11-5 or 12-4. Vikes have a very talented roster, but some huge holes. Packers have a balanced team now, though I think they blew their shot at ascending to an elite offense without adding a playmaker on offense. And the Bears have one of the leagues most feared defenses in the whole league as long as Mack is healthy, to go along with one of the better home field advantages in the whole league...Foles is the key for that team. He hasnt had a great regular season since 2013, and has never even played a full season (He hasnt even played more than 7 games since 2015), but we all saw what he could do in the playoffs with Philly. If he does during the season, what he did in the playoffs for Philly, Bears could run away. If he's his usual regular season self, the Bears have a QB controversy all season, and have mediocre QB play and will probably look like the 8-8 team they were last year.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:58 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:44 pm

yeah, I was gonna say 6-10 for the Lions, and if thats your worst team in a division, thats a pretty competitive last place team. Lions have some real nice offensive players on paper too. I'm just really never worried about the Lions, even when they are having up years.

I could very well see a scenario like yours of the 4 teams in this division being within 3 games of each other...that would be a very entertaining year. I still think one of the 3 of the Vikes, Pack and Bears get momentum, and rise to 11-5 or 12-4. Vikes have a very talented roster, but some huge holes. Packers have a balanced team now, though I think they blew their shot at ascending to an elite offense without adding a playmaker on offense. And the Bears have one of the leagues most feared defenses in the whole league as long as Mack is healthy, to go along with one of the better home field advantages in the whole league...Foles is the key for that team. He hasnt had a great regular season since 2013, and has never even played a full season (He hasnt even played more than 7 games since 2015), but we all saw what he could do in the playoffs with Philly. If he does during the season, what he did in the playoffs for Philly, Bears could run away. If he's his usual regular season self, the Bears have a QB controversy all season, and have mediocre QB play and will probably look like the 8-8 team they were last year.
I'll wait until the schedules are out to make my final predictions but have you seen GBs opponents? :shock:

It's has to be one of the hardest in the league.

@Niners, @Saints, @Tampa :shock:

Home games against the Titans, Eagles, Vikings.

Right now I'm going...

Bears 10-6
Packers 9-7
Vikings 8-8
Lions 7-9
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

Dan33185 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:03 am It's about time this thread was brought back

Untitled.png
Yes
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

PurpleFloyd wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:13 pm
Dan33185 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:03 am It's about time this thread was brought back

Untitled.png
Yes
I mean...they made the playoffs with a rookie QB, and even though they did get blown out, I would consider that a success.