Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Eagles

NFL Chat
CasualObserverGuy

Re: Eagles

Post by CasualObserverGuy »

Night Train wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:58 am
CasualObserverGuy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:54 am phillyeaglesnews is referencing a G.O.A.T. when mentioning Carson is involved in the QB meetings? Lord I hope they don't have to face Brady, he will humiliate them. Carson is trending up but man this goat stuff is so premature.
Remember, there are G.O.A.T.s and there are goats. Maybe they're foreboding that next year Wentz will throw 3 picks in a playoff game and be a goat.
Haha, maybe. He certainly wouldn't be a dog.
Jesus threw the money changers out of the Temple in Jerusalem. We need to throw the bankers out of Washington.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Jimtown guy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:42 am
i got my hope from mid-season but that was when your nephew was on his way to the mvp. i would have been pulling for the vikings big-time-but if they came up short at least i could cheer for wentz in the SB. now that's not part of the equation-so there's no consolation prize for me if the purple don't get it done. not a big philly fan without that north dakota QB taking snaps-sorry.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

weimy froob wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:48 am
Jimtown guy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:42 am
i got my hope from mid-season but that was when your nephew was on his way to the mvp. i would have been pulling for the vikings big-time-but if they came up short at least i could cheer for wentz in the SB. now that's not part of the equation-so there's no consolation prize for me if the purple don't get it done. not a big philly fan without that north dakota QB taking snaps-sorry.
No need to be sorry buddy. With Carson out and me being a lifelong Vikings fan I’m fine with either team winning now. If Carson was still playing the Eagles all the way. So with that said anybody but the Patriots.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

PHILADELPHIA -- Just because Carson Wentz won’t be on the field Sunday in the NFC Championship Game doesn’t mean he isn't supporting the team. He has just taken on a new role as the Philadelphia Eagles have embarked on a playoff run that has them one win away from the Super Bowl.

http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelphia-e ... layoff-run
CasualObserverGuy

Jimtown guy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:51 am
With Carson out and me being a lifelong Vikings fan I’m fine with either team winning now. If Carson was still playing the Eagles all the way. So with that said anybody but the Patriots.
#1 - Said no lifelong Vikings fan ever.

#2 - How upset would you be if your nephew's only ring comes when he's sidelined?

You are still proving my original point which is people in North Dakota never have professional football team alliance, they always follow the pro teams of their local college heroes. So when Wentz is done I'm sure your Eagles passion will fade like your so-called "lifelong Vikings fan" faded the moment Carson was drafted.
Jesus threw the money changers out of the Temple in Jerusalem. We need to throw the bankers out of Washington.
CasualObserverGuy

You have now aligned yourself with a city that commits assault on opposing teams' fans on a routine basis.

Hope your nephew calls those people out, because even the most rabid Bison fan would never do that. But the team won't, they never do. Garbage city for garbage fans.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

8298E47D-4410-48B1-ADE5-898844BE2FE6.jpeg
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Super Bowl 2018: Eagles' Carson Wentz to be recognized for charity work"

FTA: Although he won't be playing in the big game, Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz will not be leaving Super Bowl LII weekend empty handed.

Wentz, who suffered a season-ending ACL injury back in December, is set to be recognized for his charity work by The Giving Back Fund during a fundraising event held in Minnesota during Super Bowl weekend
http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2018 ... ogniz.html
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Jimtown guy wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:31 am Super Bowl 2018: Eagles' Carson Wentz to be recognized for charity work"

FTA: Although he won't be playing in the big game, Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz will not be leaving Super Bowl LII weekend empty handed.

Wentz, who suffered a season-ending ACL injury back in December, is set to be recognized for his charity work by The Giving Back Fund during a fundraising event held in Minnesota during Super Bowl weekend
http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2018 ... ogniz.html
:clap:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Herky

Post by Herky »

The Patriots are going to hand the Eagles their ass.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Herky wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:28 pm The Patriots are going to hand the Eagles their ass.
Could you imagine what they would of done against the Vikes since the Eagles handed them
their ass. Ouch
Herky

Post by Herky »

Jimtown guy wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:34 pm
Herky wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:28 pm The Patriots are going to hand the Eagles their ass.
Could you imagine what they would of done against the Vikes since the Eagles handed them
their ass. Ouch
Depends on if Minnesota plays their worst game in 2 years that day like they did against the Eagles.

Philly caught them on a rare day. Congrats to them.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Herky wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:12 am
Jimtown guy wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:34 pm
their ass. Ouch
Depends on if Minnesota plays their worst game in 2 years that day like they did against the Eagles.

Philly caught them on a rare day. Congrats to them.
Eagles just got lucky. They had nothing to do with the Vikes bad play. Got it.
Herky

Post by Herky »

Eagles executed but you can't tell me you saw that coming. They looked like utter shit for the most part when Wentz went down.

Foles is a garbage QB.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Herky wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:36 am Eagles executed but you can't tell me you saw that coming. They looked like utter shit for the most part when Wentz went down.

Foles is a garbage QB.
Nobody saw that ass kicking coming. I did think the Eagles would win by 3. Foles is a hot and cold QB. He picked the right time to be hot. Who knows what he and the team will do Sunday. That’s the mystery of sport.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Still wear my Dutch Destroyer bracelet
http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/t ... super-bowl
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

A2EF82F8-7088-444A-B370-F49A0496E313.jpeg
CasualObserverGuy

Hope Carson proves this wrong, but damn it looks like Peterson is a genius.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

The Dutch Destroyer is smiling from ear to ear in heaven. Eagles gave his family a gift they will never ever forget. Fly Eagles Fly!!!!!
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Jimtown guy wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:00 pm A2EF82F8-7088-444A-B370-F49A0496E313.jpeg
congrats. now i hope that carson takes his time and let's that injury fully heal before coming back. there should be no pressure to rush it and i think that the team will keep foles so it looks like the team will be in good hands until he returns.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:09 pm
Jimtown guy wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:00 pm A2EF82F8-7088-444A-B370-F49A0496E313.jpeg
congrats. now i hope that carson takes his time and let's that injury fully heal before coming back. there should be no pressure to rush it and i think that the team will keep foles so it looks like the team will be in good hands until he returns.
I hope they keep Foles. Really seems like a genuine guy. I’d hate to see him go to the shithole known as Cleveland. With that said I’m sure there is a team out there that will overspend for him and it will be tough for the Eagles not to oblige. With that said I really think they hang onto him in case Carson isn’t ready.

Philly is the 3rd team ever to win a Super Bowl as an underdog in every playoff game.

They're the only 1 seed to do it.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Jimtown guy wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:00 pm
I hope they keep Foles. Really seems like a genuine guy. I’d hate to see him go to the shithole known as Cleveland. With that said I’m sure there is a team out there that will overspend for him and it will be tough for the Eagles not to oblige. With that said I really think they hang onto him in case Carson isn’t ready.

Philly is the 3rd team ever to win a Super Bowl as an underdog in every playoff game.

foles does seem like a very centered guy. i'm glad for him to have gotten this moment.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:40 pm
Jimtown guy wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:00 pm

foles does seem like a very centered guy. i'm glad for him to have gotten this moment.
He and Carson have become close friends. They both lead a Bible study class twice a week with team members. Lot of faith driven guys on the team.

https://faithit.com/philadelphia-eagles ... -millions/
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Philadelphia joins New York, Boston, Chicago and Los Angeles as the only cities with a team to win the World Series, Stanley Cup, Super Bowl and NBA title.
Herky

Post by Herky »

Congrats to the Eagles. That was pretty impressive.