Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Eagles

NFL Chat
Jimtown guy

Re: Eagles

Post by Jimtown guy »

Love this
tbgh

Post by tbgh »

packfaninvikeland wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:23 am Holy shit, what an insecure fanbase... They should have shipped the Vikings out of Minnesota when they had the chance.
I'll need this explained to me.

How does this thread show the Vikings as an insecure fanbase?

I think you're probably making shit up again.
Put 'er in the ole vise.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Terrible loss. Up 17 going into the fourth and lose 21-17. Had a chance at the end but Carson failed. Onto London.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Jimtown guy wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:49 pm Terrible loss. Up 17 going into the fourth and lose 21-17. Had a chance at the end but Carson failed. Onto London.
real bad loss. they are weak on the back end and this year that weakness is killing them. lucky the division isn't stacked-but washington has a two game lead in the loss column. they go 6-4 in their last 10 and eagles will have to get on a real run to catch them.
CasualObserverGuy

Post by CasualObserverGuy »

Awfully quiet in this thread... Super Bowl hangover big time this year.
Jesus threw the money changers out of the Temple in Jerusalem. We need to throw the bankers out of Washington.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

CasualObserverGuy wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:09 pm Awfully quiet in this thread... Super Bowl hangover big time this year.
Worse loss yesterday by a defending Super Bowl team. That was brutal all the way around.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Carson with anotha health issue....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 302524002/
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

great job by doug pederson and co. to put on the late season rush and play their best football at the end of the season. from 4-6 to 9-7 and beating the rams in LA and the texans in two of the last three weeks was impressive. foles is clutch and pederson calls a great game and he kept the team motivated when they could have rolled over and blamed it on a SB hangover and a hurt QB.

Doug Pederson is the last man standing from the 2016 coaching class, and for good reason
From worst to first
By Dave Mangels@Southern_Philly Dec 31, 2018, 11:08am EST

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/201 ... -kelly-hue

The Miami Dolphins fired Adam Gase today, and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers fired Dirk Koetter yesterday, ending the tenure of the last of Doug Pederson’s peers. In 2016 seven teams changed coaches, and all of them except for Doug Pederson have been fired. Pederson won the Super Bowl, and will coach this weekend defending it.

And then there’s Doug Pederson. Pederson was easily the least popular of the 2016 hires. NFL.com, ESPN, and Rotoworld all called Pederson the worst hire of the year. Michael Lombardi, the guy who made Rob Chudzinski a head coach, famously criticized the hire a year later.

While his peers were getting canned, Doug Pederson won a Super Bowl and single-handedly changed the league’s attitude towards fourth down attempts. Not bad for the worst hire of 2016.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Here's food for thought....what if the Eagles run the table and win anotha SB with Foles leadin the way? Is Wentz out? JimmyT, I'd like your thoughts.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Hornets wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:50 pm Here's food for thought....what if the Eagles run the table and win anotha SB with Foles leadin the way? Is Wentz out? JimmyT, I'd like your thoughts.
Hell I’d love to see Foles and the Eagles win it again. Got to meet Foles this summer and he’s a class act through and through. If they decide to part ways with Carson then I’ll support whatever team he goes to. I would be surprised if they did though.
CasualObserverGuy

Post by CasualObserverGuy »

Wentz is going nowhere Hornets...too young too talented. It's just a slump for him and he's still not 100% on the knee, those take 12-18 months for 100%. Foles is a lightning in a bottle guy, he never gets it to last for a full season.
Jesus threw the money changers out of the Temple in Jerusalem. We need to throw the bankers out of Washington.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Off the post then the crossbar and the Eagles move on. What a game. St Nick and the D will really have to show some magic next Sunday in New Orleans but they love the underdog role
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

the eagles are proving to be proud champions and not going down without a fight. i think if they win this week it'll have to be in a shootout though. the secondary is not good and the bears will be kicking themselves all off-season for not exploiting it more yesterday.
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

@RealSkipBayless
Foles>Wentz.
:mute:
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Jeffrey drops that darn ball just when the Eagles were poised to go down and win the game....oh well, can't be SB champs every year.
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

Unnamed Eagles begin to push back against Carson Wentz

Mike Florio30 mins ago
It was apparently a no-brainer for the organization. For the locker room, it’s a different story.

Joseph Santoliquito of PhillyVoice.com has published a potentially explosive article that contains quotes from “more than a half dozen players, plus other sources close to the team,” all of whom insisted on anonymity, regarding quarterback Carson Wentz.

The coaching staff and front office continue to anoint Wentz as the starter. Nick Foles seems to be on his way out, regardless of the specific mechanism by which he exits. Per the report, however, Foles is “universally loved” in the locker room. And Carson Wentz is not.

While he has been described as “incredibly hard working,” “determined,” and “highly intelligent,” Wentz also has been dubbed as, quoting from the story, “‘selfish,’ ‘uncompromising,’ ‘egotistical,’ one who plays ‘favorites’ and doesn’t like to be ‘questioned,’ one who needs to ‘practice what he preaches’ and fails ‘to take accountability.'”

“Carson Wentz’s biggest enemy is Carson Wentz,” one unnamed source told Santoliquito. “He’s had his ass kissed his whole life, and sometimes acts like he’s won 10 Super Bowls, when he hasn’t played in, let alone won, a playoff game yet. Everyone around him wants good things for him. He did more thinking on the field than he did playing [in 2018]. You don’t have to be a brain surgeon or a football expert to see how differently this team plays and reacts with one guy as opposed to the other.”

That part is true. While Wentz may be the better quarterback than Foles, the Eagles seem to be the better team when Foles plays.

The problem with Wentz, per the report, comes from alleged tendency to “complicate” the offense. Wentz could “complicate 2+2,” one source told Santoliquito.

One criticism of Wentz comes from the perception that, while Foles runs the offense and goes through the required progressions, Wentz all too often throws to tight end Zach Ertz. There also was a sense this season that Wentz’s desire to match what Foles accomplished last year, winning the Super Bowl after Wentz tore an ACL, made Wentz do too much.

“He has to return to who ‘Carson Wentz’ is,” an unnamed source told Santoliquito. “That comes with relaxing and not forcing things. It also comes with being able to take constructive criticism. He has to learn that it’s not always about him and that’s partly what hurt this team this year. We know what type of player he can be, and who he normally is. He needs to realize it’s the Philadelphia Eagles not the Philadelphia Carsons. . . . A little humility goes a long way.”

Could these criticisms prompt the Eagles to reconsider their commitment to Wentz? Probably not. If nothing else, however, these are things that the team and Wentz may need to hear and to heed in order to get back to the success the team had under Wentz in 2017, before the injury.

The Eagles also may need to change how they coach Wentz. The article suggests that former offensive coordinator Frank Reich and former quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo were able to steer Wentz the right way, but that Wentz “bullied” offensive coordinator Mike Groh in 2018.
40+ year Viking fan turned Packer fan turned J-E-T-S fan.
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

^^^

I just read this article. It sounds like Wentz is a man baby and Foles is the leader that everyone wants to follow. It definitely shows on the field, and it looks like the Eagles are teetering on the edge of implosion (it's easy to spot as a Vikings fan).
Dayman, Fighter of the Nightman.

Stup up, Abe!
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Saw that article....unnamed sources. Doesnt mean its not true, you just always have to take those with a grain of salt. Some veterans have come out and said the article is bogus...which of course, they would do even if it was true.

Wentz has such humble beginnings, its hard for me to picture him in the bad guy role...some of that might also be living in Fargo right now. The guy is a god here, its kind of annoying.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

I don't know how the guy act's but I doubt something that's this big of a story doesn't have a bit of truth.

I just simply think he was crowned to quick. Many of these young QB's have a good first year or two and they are the second coming. Guys like Carr, Garapolo, Winston, Mariota etc have fallen flat.

I don't know how good Wentz is. I never thought he was as good as some made him out to be last year. It's year 3, 4 or 5 when we see what these guy's really have.

Mahomes I think is a sure thing because you see incredible talent on display.

I'm not sure on Wentz. I'm definitely not keeping Nick Foles over him though.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Eagles give Wentz stupid contract he doesn't deserve and wont earn also ruining their cap. Lol
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

Good for Carson! Even if he doesn't complete another pass the guy is 26 years old with a Brinks truck full of money, a starting gig, and q Super Bowl ring. The kid is set for life on that deal. Pretty good for a dude that came from the FCS!
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

bombers3shooter wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:10 am Good for Carson! Even if he doesn't complete another pass the guy is 26 years old with a Brinks truck full of money, a starting gig, and q Super Bowl ring. The kid is set for life on that deal. Pretty good for a dude that came from the FCS!
:thumbsup:
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

bombers3shooter wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:10 am Good for Carson! Even if he doesn't complete another pass the guy is 26 years old with a Brinks truck full of money, a starting gig, and q Super Bowl ring. The kid is set for life on that deal. Pretty good for a dude that came from the FCS!
No kidding, very envious. Hoping he takes care of his uncle!

:beer:
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong