Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Kirk Cousin’s Turnovers

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
UnFadeable21

Kirk Cousin’s Turnovers

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Adrian Peterson has 37 fumbles in 10 years of playing

Kirk cousins has 37 fumbles in 5 years of playing.

It’s an issue, a very real issue I haven’t heard him, the team or anyone else address during this honeymoon period.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
UnFadeable21

Re: Kirk Cousin’s Turnovers

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Hector

Post by Hector »

13 fumbles last year (9 lost), Case had one.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:56 pm
Lol. He's getting completely blown up on almost all of those plays. Most QBs are not going to fumble getting lit like that. I can deal with a few fumbles if he is lighting teams up.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Anyone who makes a case (pun intended) for Keenum over Cousins is a complete dumb ass in my book.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:09 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:56 pm
Lol. He's getting completely blown up on almost all of those plays. Most QBs are not going to fumble getting lit like that. I can deal with a few fumbles if he is lighting teams up.
Really? I thought maybe 1/3 of those fumbles were legit. Most of those were sacks that every QB takes. And quite a few others were strips where the defender didn't even touch anything but his arm.

This type of thing plus the current right side of our OL could be a disaster.
Dayman, Fighter of the Nightman.

Stup up, Abe!
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

You are going to get sacked but out of 44 sacks he fumbled 13 times last season.

That’s a lot
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

An easily correctable thing. Something to be conscious of and keep an eye on, but I'm not worried.

He's still easily better than any of the other realistic options at QB for '18.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:10 pm An easily correctable thing. Something to be conscious of and keep an eye on, but I'm not worried.

He's still easily better than any of the other realistic options at QB for '18.
Exactly!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hector

Post by Hector »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:09 pm Anyone who makes a case (pun intended) for Keenum over Cousins is a complete dumb ass in my book.
That's cute. You didn't want Cousins but now apparently you're his number one fanboy, anything less than a Superbowl with the improvements made will be a major flop.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Hector wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:23 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:09 pm Anyone who makes a case (pun intended) for Keenum over Cousins is a complete dumb ass in my book.
That's cute. You didn't want Cousins but now apparently you're his number one fanboy, anything less than a Superbowl with the improvements made will be a major flop.
I don't think he's the greatest thing out there but he's better than Keenum by a long shot and the best we could get.

I agree. He needs to win a SB in the 3 year's he is here or I wouldn't resign him after that and it will be a bust.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Mnsportsfan22

Post by Mnsportsfan22 »

Cousins has 62 games played and 37 fumbles
Rodgers last 63 starts he has fumble 34 times

It is a concern but when seeing this is it really that big of a issue? I don't hear people ripping Rodgers fumbles.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Hector wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:23 pm
:lol:

It may be helpful to put into context exactly what kind of moron you are dealing with. He was the originator of one of this sites instant classic threads "Demry Croft is a superstar" - a take that was awesome at the time, but morphed into legendary when he still deemed him a superstar even AFTER he was embarrassingly bad in actual games. Never did come off the take. It was awesome stuff.

The point being, "the tube" knows about as much about football or qb play as you do about vascular surgery.
brison
***Official Gibby Award Winner - July and September 2018***

Post by brison »

This team and fanbase will try to turn him into Bridgewater after the first fumble/interception ruins the season for them. It will be up to Cousins to lead the team beyond that kind of thinking.
Tom Selleck is a twat
Tmoney

Post by Tmoney »

I knew going in he would turn it over in occasion.

he takes a little more risk.

he also hasn't faces a defense like this.
Deep Purple

Post by Deep Purple »

No way Zimmer brings in a QB that turns the ball over. After all that's why he didn't care for Case Keenum. Those video's have to be fake news.
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

He had two goal line INTs the other day in practice. It must be time to jump off the bandwagon.
In Kwesi we trust.
vikesbumeout
***Official Gibby Award Winner - August 2018***

Post by vikesbumeout »

PurpleFloyd wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:26 am He had two goal line INTs the other day in practice. It must be time to jump off the bandwagon.
But he was "Salty" about it.
Liberals are always so confident in their ideas until history meets up with them
Deep Purple

Post by Deep Purple »

Its pretty hard to win games in the NFL if you turn the ball over....that's what Zim keeps sayin' anyway.
vikesbumeout
***Official Gibby Award Winner - August 2018***

Post by vikesbumeout »

Deep Purple wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:17 pm Its pretty hard to win games in the NFL if you turn the ball over....that's what Zim keeps sayin' anyway.
Is that a reference to AP in 09 Saints game?
Liberals are always so confident in their ideas until history meets up with them
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

If you look up random QBs, you will see that fumbling is an issue with a lot of them.
Deep Purple

Post by Deep Purple »

bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:40 pm If you look up random QBs, you will see that fumbling is an issue with a lot of them.
That's why they have losing records.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Deep Purple wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:56 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:40 pm If you look up random QBs, you will see that fumbling is an issue with a lot of them.
That's why they have losing records.
Tom Brady, Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers? Pffft

QBs fumble a lot, simply because of the position they are in... winding up for a throw, o-line getting blown through, handling the ball on every play, etc...etc...

Kirk will likely have 6-10 fumbles this year, if he has 12-15, then there's cause for concern
Last edited by bubu dubu. on Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tuck ya in

Post by Tuck ya in »

Mnsportsfan22 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:49 pm Cousins has 62 games played and 37 fumbles

It is a concern but when seeing this is it really that big of a issue? I don't hear people ripping Rodgers fumbles.
Boom! 👏👏👏
Hector

Post by Hector »

Mnsportsfan22 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:49 pm Cousins has 62 games played and 37 fumbles

His 40 more touchdowns over Cousins over that time period has a way of making people not so nitpicky. That said, Kirk should have plenty of weapons to keep pace with Rodgers this year stat wise.
Mnsportsfan22

Post by Mnsportsfan22 »

Hector wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:43 pm

His 40 more touchdowns over Cousins over that time period has a way of making people not so nitpicky. That said, Kirk should have plenty of weapons to keep pace with Rodgers this year stat wise.
Agreed I was just pointing out the fumbles I never said cousins was on Rodgers level.
Let's hope he comes close to Rodgers this year!
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Tuck ya in wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:07 pm

Boom! 👏👏👏
It seems like an issue, til you look at other QB's, and realize fumbling is a thing with a lot of them.

...QB's handle the ball on every offensive play of the game, with one hand a lot of the times. They're going to fumble. This is a fringe story, since Kirk fumbles slightly more than other QB's in a nitpicked 3 year sample size. Its not like he's Daunte Culpepper who had real fumble concerns as a QB.
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

He ran alot for not being a very big guy - he's going to fumble. I bet that gets limited though. WIth this D, he's is going to be forced to be more conservative more often. More early slides... more passes being thrown away... instead of trying to make something out of nothing.
shadowfax

Post by shadowfax »

If you didn't like Daunte you likely won't like Kirk. He is going to turn the ball over but he is also going to do things that Case couldn't. I will take the gunslinger QB over the Alex Smith game manager QB every single time. Sorry but I hate boring offense. Always have always will. Plus I am a firm believer in keeping the other team down and not letting them think they have hope of winning the game. Run up the score and leave no doubt who the better team is.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

I told you guys, my biggest gripe with him was that he can’t fee the rush and he is a fumbling machine!!!