Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Steelers might be auditioning Cousins for next season!

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Abe Froman
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Re: Steelers might be auditioning Cousins for next season!

Post by Abe Froman »

I'm not opposed to moving Cousins. He's not part of the long term plan and it would be good to get the cap space and something in return for him.

I am not looking forward to going back to years of absolutely horseshit Quarterbacking...
I made this!
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Slap Shot wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:29 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:58 pm
Slap Shot wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:41 pm

Bullshit. You claim he needs perfection so let me ask:

How many teams have won 2 playoff games in row with a 30th ranked defense and an ass HC just for starters?

Or a team with a revolving door at OC and a shit OL?

Or a defense that can't stop anyone after the 2 minute warning and has never had a FG kicker worth a shit?

Perfection? jfc how about just the bare minimum?

jfc not one of you have made a logical and contextual argument against him, just emotional and over reactionary.
Did they have the 30th ranked defense in 2018 when he took them to a glorious 8-7-1? That defense was ranked in the top 5.

This isn't his first year here. Almost half a decade. He is who we thought he was. A loser.
Answer the questions - how many teams have won 2 playoff games in row with a 30th ranked defense and an ass HC just for starters?

Or a team with a revolving door at OC and a shit OL?

Or a defense that can't stop anyone after the 2 minute warning and has never had a FG kicker worth a shit?

Perfection? jfc how about just the bare minimum?

While in MN: 68.9%, 116 TD, 32 INT, 15,519 YDS, 7.7 AVE, 104.2 RTG

But yeah you have that 1 season. :lol:
Pssst. It will help you when you realize you are debating with a bit and therefore, reason, logic etc, is futile. Why waste your breath?

One thing we havent maybe talked enough about is the revolving coordinators for this guy. He is what he is, and has flaws, but man, between the guy being acquired by a GM moronic enough to place a poor pocket savvy/aware good qb in front of a terrible OL 3 years straight is bad enough, but look at how many OC's he has had in his career. Its preposterous.
salamander

Post by salamander »

1st rounder in play?
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:04 pm I'm not opposed to moving Cousins. He's not part of the long term plan and it would be good to get the cap space and something in return for him.

I am not looking forward to going back to years of absolutely horseshit Quarterbacking...
RT says Mond is the real deal so no worries about that Abe!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

JFC, this might be a way that Spielman can save his ass and live for another season. Maybe he can pull off one of his fleecings of another team and actually get a first round draft pick for KDC. He was able to sucker Seattle into giving them a first rounder for Harvin. Maybe he can do it again!
Abe Froman
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Abe Froman »

Hornets wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:07 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:04 pm I'm not opposed to moving Cousins. He's not part of the long term plan and it would be good to get the cap space and something in return for him.

I think Mond has a legit shot at becoming a good QB in the league, but he seems VERY raw. He's gonna need more time to marinate before he's ready to start.
I made this!
Coach Guy

Post by Coach Guy »

Hornets wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:07 pm

His Mond Boner went away when he heard he wasn't vaxxed. His "of course it's the white guys on the team unvaccinated" take took a shit and he wasn't happy. Stay woke
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

whiskerbiscuit wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:13 am
Da Gas Man wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:46 am I know Vikings fans like to think that Kirk is great and they show stats to back them up but the rest of the league has watched Kirk for almost a decade. They know he is a very good QB who gets rattled in the big moments. And most importantly, he is very expensive.

Why wouldn't they just draft a QB next year? Unless they are thinking about having Kirk come for one year but why would Kirk agree to that?

I find it very odd that Pittsburgh would be interested in Kirk. Carr is cheaper, younger, and maybe better. Certainly more mobile although that's not saying much.
Another NFL team would absolutely pay Kirk what he's owed and he actually took less money to come here.

Say you want about Kirk, a bunch of teams would be happy to have him over their other options.
Minnesota fans want a QB who is kind of a running back but can’t really pass but might get good some day.
BlackDog

Post by BlackDog »

I read the article. It also mentions Wilson and Rodgers. It’s just an article where a reporter looks at what could be available in FA/draft/trade. There’s nothing that says the Steelers are interested in Cousins. It’s just a possibility since the Vikings could be in rebuild mode and Cousins has a year left.

https://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/32945/if-ben-roethlisberger-retires-whos-the-next-pittsburgh-steelers-quarterback?platform=amp

Not happening
“Your boos mean nothing to me, I’ve seen what makes you cheer!”
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

PurpleFloyd wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:30 pm
Da Gas Man wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:46 am I know Vikings fans like to think that Kirk is great and they show stats to back them up but the rest of the league has watched Kirk for almost a decade. They know he is a very good QB who gets rattled in the big moments. And most importantly, he is very expensive.

Why wouldn't they just draft a QB next year? Unless they are thinking about having Kirk come for one year but why would Kirk agree to that?

I find it very odd that Pittsburgh would be interested in Kirk. Carr is cheaper, younger, and maybe better. Certainly more mobile although that's not saying much.
Another NFL team would absolutely pay Kirk what he's owed and he actually took less money to come here.

Say you want about Kirk, a bunch of teams would be happy to have him over their other options.
Minnesota fans want a QB who is kind of a running back but can’t really pass but might get good some day.
I want a QB that win a Super Bowl. That should be the goal. Period.
Let's get Tropical
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

A market for QBs like this was obviously established last year with the Stafford and Wentz trades, where both teams got actual good returns. (Even if you isolate the added bonus that Det got for taking back Goff, they still got a very good return for Stafford alone.)
You cannot deny that.

Who knows if that will trickle over into this year as well (remember it is a weak QB draft), but I have a hard time believing that there wouldn't be some interest.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

there's going to be a market. are the vikings ready to deal will be the question.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

weimy froob wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:38 am there's going to be a market. are the vikings ready to deal will be the question.
Depends on if we still have Rick Spielman. He isn't gonna trade Cousins away. If he leaves there might be a chance, but the next guy might think he can make lemonade as well.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

jffl_commish wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:01 am

No QB is winning a SB with this roster and coaching staff, and possibly the GM too.
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

You first need a coach that has the right stuff. Without that the QB means Dick.

Hell- Jeff Hostetler, Doug Williams and Trent Dilfer win SBs as did others who were not any better than we have.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Slap Shot wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:16 pm

No QB is winning a SB with this roster and coaching staff, and possibly the GM too.
Agreed. They can all go. QB, HC & GM. No one in that trio is getting going to get it done.
Let's get Tropical
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

BlackDog wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:40 pm I read the article. It also mentions Wilson and Rodgers. It’s just an article where a reporter looks at what could be available in FA/draft/trade. There’s nothing that says the Steelers are interested in Cousins. It’s just a possibility since the Vikings could be in rebuild mode and Cousins has a year left.

https://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-st ... atform=amp

Not happening
Yeah, Cousins would not be a good fit in Pittsburg. If he were to get traded I'm thinking of teams like the Broncos, Texans, Dolphins, and maybe even Browns. I think he'll finish his contract in MN, though.

I think Rodgers would definitely want to play for Pitt, but I don't they would take on that contract given his age/money. Wilson makes the most sense imo.
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

ForCaleb wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:39 pm
BlackDog wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:40 pm I read the article. It also mentions Wilson and Rodgers. It’s just an article where a reporter looks at what could be available in FA/draft/trade. There’s nothing that says the Steelers are interested in Cousins. It’s just a possibility since the Vikings could be in rebuild mode and Cousins has a year left.

Not happening
Yeah, Cousins would not be a good fit in Pittsburg. If he were to get traded I'm thinking of teams like the Broncos, Texans, Dolphins, and maybe even Browns. I think he'll finish his contract in MN, though.

I think Rodgers would definitely want to play for Pitt, but I don't they would take on that contract given his age/money. Wilson makes the most sense imo.
I would bet Rodgers goes to a big market team where he could revive a franchise similar to what big stars do when they go to the Lakers in basketball.

I could see him going to
Miami
San Fran
Los Angeles Rams

I’m not even sure he would go to a cold weather team.
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

Steelers Mgmt:

BlackDog

Post by BlackDog »

Not happening

If you read the article, you’ll see the cap hits for any an she identified for a trade. Cousins has the most expensive cap hit out of all the trades possibilities. A team would have to be crazy to take that hit when Wilson is way less.
“Your boos mean nothing to me, I’ve seen what makes you cheer!”
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

BlackDog wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:13 pm

Not happening

If you read the article, you’ll see the cap hits for any an she identified for a trade. Cousins has the most expensive cap hit out of all the trades possibilities. A team would have to be crazy to take that hit when Wilson is way less.
Well lots of people said it was crazy that we offered him a fully guaranteed 3 year 84 million dollar contract yet the Jets reportedly offered over 90 million. Some team would be crazy enough if that’s what it took.