Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

If Spielman Has Half A Brain, Cousins Is In Purple Next Season

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Gary IV

Re: If Spielman Has Half A Brain, Cousins Is In Purple Next Season

Post by Gary IV »

This will be a mistake and the end of Rick Spielman

From Kevin Seifert today:

The Vikings' current tally for Teddy Bridgewater's catastrophic 2016 knee injury: $109 million paid/guaranteed to Sam Bradford + Kirk Cousins. First- and fourth-round draft picks to acquire Bradford.
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

Gary IV wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:32 pm This will be a mistake and the end of Rick Spielman

The Vikings' current tally for Teddy Bridgewater's catastrophic 2016 knee injury: $109 million paid/guaranteed to Sam Bradford + Kirk Cousins. First- and fourth-round draft picks to acquire Bradford.
Yawn
GM Spielman:
  • Record 62-48-2 (.559 winning %)
  • Playoffs 1-3
  • 7 years - reached playoffs 3 times.
  • Winner of the North 2 of last 4 years
Zimmer is 48-33-1
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

ZZZzzzzz....
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

Gary IV wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:32 pm This will be a mistake and the end of Rick Spielman

Is that a bad thing? I love Teddy as a person but if not for his injury, we wouldn't have Cousins. This is an example of something great coming out of something tragic. Sad for the tragic part but happy for the great part.

And Sam Bradford might indirectly net us a third round compensatory pick after Sam cancels out Kirk.

So while Teddy's injury is sad, we are in better shape now. Yeah, it cost a little but so do all nice things.

And before you argue otherwise, consider this: if Teddy had produced and grown, he would have cost $25M+ this year. Had he not progressed, we would have been in exactly the same position now going for Cousins. And had he been middling to where he was not great but okay, then we would have a cheaper option at QB but not a very good one.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

We could have picked up Teddy’s option last year for this year if he were healthy and productive.

We declined that option.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
AaronVikes

Post by AaronVikes »

Oscar?
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Oscar, you there?
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

Oscar wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:03 pm Keenum had a career year. He will never produce those numbers again.

Bradford is unreliable, can’t stay healthy.

Bridgewater is a game manager at best with a bum knee.

Cousins is the answer.

Play to win not play not to lose.
No backtracking.
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Spielman will always suck.

This guy made me sit through 3 years of Ponder. The QB position has been finally fixed and it only took 11 years. Job well done Spielman!

The majority of you blind homers got your panties all wet after a career year by Keenum, playing a 3rd place schedule, the best player in the NFC going down and a miracle play made to get to the NFC Championship game.

My gut is telling me the Vikings don't make the playoffs this season. The last time the Vikings made back to back playoff appearances was in 2008/2009. Thanks Favre!

You want to praise Spielman, here you go, praise away.
1st Round Picks
2011 Ponder
2012 Kalil, Smith
2013 Floyd, Rhodes, Patterson
2014 Barr, Bridgewater
2015 Waynes
2016 Treadwell
2017 Traded for Bradford

6 of the 11 not on the roster. 4 of 11 contribute. Top 5 GM shit right there.

If Zimmer's philosophy continues to be dink and dunk conservative offensive football, the Vikings wasted big money on Cousins, especially when his defense got exposed big time the last 6 quarters of last season.

Early prediction for the 2019 season. Diggs or Rudolph will not be on the roster.

Brees for NFL MVP.
1.10.22: Never Forget! Zimmer and Spielman are done destroying the Vikings Organization!

Still can’t start a thread on this forum! Bozo’s hate the truth!
Tuck ya in

Post by Tuck ya in »

Oscar wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:22 am Spielman will always suck.

This guy made me sit through 3 years of Ponder. The QB position has been finally fixed and it only took 11 years. Job well done Spielman!

The majority of you blind homers got your panties all wet after a career year by Keenum, playing a 3rd place schedule, the best player in the NFC going down and a miracle play made to get to the NFC Championship game.

My gut is telling me the Vikings don't make the playoffs this season. The last time the Vikings made back to back playoff appearances was in 2008/2009. Thanks Favre!

You want to praise Spielman, here you go, praise away.
1st Round Picks
2011 Ponder
2012 Kalil, Smith
2014 Barr, Bridgewater
2015 Waynes
2016 Treadwell
2017 Traded for Bradford

If Zimmer's philosophy continues to be dink and dunk conservative offensive football, the Vikings wasted big money on Cousins, especially when his defense got exposed big time the last 6 quarters of last season.

Early prediction for the 2019 season. Diggs or Rudolph will not be on the roster.

Brees for NFL MVP.
You're a one dimensional cowardly turd, go away already.
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

Oscar wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:22 am You want to praise Spielman, here you go, praise away.
1st Round Picks
2011 Ponder
2012 Kalil, Smith
2014 Barr, Bridgewater
2015 Waynes
2016 Treadwell
2017 Traded for Bradford

What's the NFL avg?

And how do you really factor in two freak injuries to Bridgewater and Floyd. If they hadn't been injured both would still be starters on this roster so that has to factor in. FO/Coach have no control over those types of situations.
GM Spielman:
  • Playoffs 1-3
Zimmer is 48-33-1
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

From KC Fan site analysis where success is player is a starter for at least half their career:
1st Round - OL (83%) LB (70%) TE (67%) DB (64%) QB (63%) WR (58%) RB (58%) DL (58%)

Vikings by position: OL (1), LB (1), TE(0), DB(3), QB(1), WR(2), RB(0), DL(1)

So success by position if you remove the 2 freak injuries and assume both would still be starters:
OL (100% although we can all agree Kalil sucks even in Carolina so 0%?) LB (100%) DB (100%) QB (66%) WR (0%) DL (100% Freak injury)

So overall above avg.
GM Spielman:
  • Playoffs 1-3
Zimmer is 48-33-1
bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

twgerber wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:45 pm From KC Fan site analysis where success is player is a starter for at least half their career:
1st Round - OL (83%) LB (70%) TE (67%) DB (64%) QB (63%) WR (58%) RB (58%) DL (58%)

So success by position if you remove the 2 freak injuries and assume both would still be starters:
OL (100% although we can all agree Kalil sucks even in Carolina so 0%?) LB (100%) DB (100%) QB (66%) WR (0%) DL (100% Freak injury)

So overall above avg.
So you made your own chart and because players had injuries you removed them from being busts because it fit your narrative better? Injuries are a part of football and probably contributes to a player not reaching their potential more than anything ever.
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

bombers3shooter wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:51 am
twgerber wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:45 pm From KC Fan site analysis where success is player is a starter for at least half their career:

So overall above avg.
So you made your own chart and because players had injuries you removed them from being busts because it fit your narrative better? Injuries are a part of football and probably contributes to a player not reaching their potential more than anything ever.
I did a comparison between what someone else did for KC Web site and compared to Rick's picks. The two freak injuries I noted that I removed. Even if you count them as a bust as a result Rick is still above avg hit rate.
GM Spielman:
  • Playoffs 1-3
Zimmer is 48-33-1
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:26 pm
Djking wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:41 pm I'm all for it. This team has a small 2-3 yr window left with this current group. Cousins basically unseated RG3 after being drafted 4 rounds later by mistake. And now they won't let him go. He is a gamer and is carrying that sorry team and they know it. He is worth 25-30 mil a season in this market. After 2020 the window closes again on this team unless Spielman hits the lottery these next few drafts. Might as well go all in and see if we can get one. This team is built to win games. They just need a QB that takes them over the top.

But...

There will guaranteed at least be 5 other teams willing to pay top dollar in the mix. So who knows if he would even want to play here. Maybe he rather stay warm in Jacksonville or Arizona or if he has to freeze do it in Denver. They are similar situation to us. And then there is Cleveland.

Brees is my second choice if he becomes available I'd offer same for him on a 1-2yr deal.

Otherwise it's just hope we can squeeze another miracle season out of someone with upside. Teddy is the big unknown. I thought the kid played with guts and think he is capable of being better than Case. Draft a QB in the 1st if you like one. And hope one of them pans out. With Sloter the wild card developmental QB.
Let me see if I have this straight, you'd rather have Kirk cousins rather than drew Brees? :lol:
It's pretty close.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Interesting takes....
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

Obi-Wan wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:34 pm
Oscar wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:03 am Keenum vs Cousins against 2017 playoff teams-

Keenum
PIT, LA, ATL, CAR, NO, PHI
152-237, 1,543 Yards, 64%, 7 TD’s, 5 INT’s

Cousins
PHI(2), LA, KC, MN, NO
133-208, 1,591 Yards, 64%, 11 TD’s, 3 INT’s

Keenum went 3-3, Cousins 1-5

The Vikings put up 25 passing TD’s and 15 rushing TD’s on the season.

The Redskins put up 27 passing TD’s and 10 rushing TD’s on the season.

How many times this season did you hear the Vikings defense has the best 3rd down percentage? It should mean more opportunities for the offense to score, right?

Vikings only had 3 more total TD’s then Washington?

Cousins would help the Vikings put teams away on offense. It’s a no brainer.
Those are some nice stats for Cousins. Cousins carried that Redskins team. Horrible oline, horrible wr, and 3rd string RB. Only thing that concerns me is his fumblng and how many of those stats were garbage time? Also, look at his int when trailing.

2017 Cousins when trailing - 8 TD 9 INT
2017 Keenum when trailing - 8 TD 2 INT
Take out the Packers and Rams game and Cousins did not perform well when trailing

2018 Cousins when trailing - 18 td 7 int
2018 Keenum when trailing - 14 td 8 int
Simpson Get Lifted

Post by Simpson Get Lifted »

Obi-Wan wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:27 pm
Obi-Wan wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:34 pm
Oscar wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:03 am Keenum vs Cousins against 2017 playoff teams-

Keenum
PIT, LA, ATL, CAR, NO, PHI
152-237, 1,543 Yards, 64%, 7 TD’s, 5 INT’s

Cousins
PHI(2), LA, KC, MN, NO
133-208, 1,591 Yards, 64%, 11 TD’s, 3 INT’s

Keenum went 3-3, Cousins 1-5

The Vikings put up 25 passing TD’s and 15 rushing TD’s on the season.

The Redskins put up 27 passing TD’s and 10 rushing TD’s on the season.

How many times this season did you hear the Vikings defense has the best 3rd down percentage? It should mean more opportunities for the offense to score, right?

Vikings only had 3 more total TD’s then Washington?

Cousins would help the Vikings put teams away on offense. It’s a no brainer.
Those are some nice stats for Cousins. Cousins carried that Redskins team. Horrible oline, horrible wr, and 3rd string RB. Only thing that concerns me is his fumblng and how many of those stats were garbage time? Also, look at his int when trailing.

2017 Cousins when trailing - 8 TD 9 INT
2017 Keenum when trailing - 8 TD 2 INT
Take out the Packers and Rams game and Cousins did not perform well when trailing

2018 Cousins when trailing - 18 td 7 int
2018 Keenum when trailing - 14 td 8 int
Sure, now which 2 "well played while trailing" games should we remove from Keenum's list?
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

This is funny. The Oscar bit has been screaming for Spielman to be fired for years. Now that Spielman finally does something that Oscar wanted him to do, he might actually get fired.

I think he is fired if the Vikes miss the playoffs again. I think with Cousins under center, that is a very strong possibility.

- Carl Jung
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:11 pm This is funny. The Oscar bit has been screaming for Spielman to be fired for years. Now that Spielman finally does something that Oscar wanted him to do, he might actually get fired.

I think he is fired if the Vikes miss the playoffs again. I think with Cousins under center, that is a very strong possibility.
If this roster misses the playoffs two years in a row why would he deserves to remain in his job?
In Kwesi we trust.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

PurpleFloyd wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:30 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:11 pm This is funny. The Oscar bit has been screaming for Spielman to be fired for years. Now that Spielman finally does something that Oscar wanted him to do, he might actually get fired.

If this roster misses the playoffs two years in a row why would he deserves to remain in his job?
I don't think he does.

- Carl Jung
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

Ol' Rube Tube has been one of the Biggest Cousins ball-washers lately. His posts from page one of this thread is pretty funny:

Post by Sergeant Rubetube » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:32 pm

Cousins sucks. He's won nothing and the few chances he has, he has stunk it up ala last year last game of the year to make playoffs and year before in the playoffs against GB. He's not good. I'm not a fan of what we have either but I'm not giving this guy a huge contract.
Teh "Tube" AKA Big Poppa Pump. MnRubeCentral Prison Sergeant.

R.I.P. Brother Thurman Blevins Jr

#BlackLivesMatter

Jay Glazer: "Teh Tube has some of the hottest takes on the planet"

Proud Kirk Cousins Fan

and another one for good measure:

User avatarRubeTube
Post by Sergeant Rubetube » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:56 am

I doubt Washington franchises him. They seem to be ready to move on from him. They don't want to pay him either. Who ever signs this guy long-term, won't be happy in about 2 years.Teh "Tube" AKA Big Poppa Pump. MnRubeCentral Prison Sergeant.

#BlackLivesMatter

Proud Kirk Cousins Fan

and then rips on many Froobs for still having the same beliefs he did back in JAN 18:

User avatarRubeTube
Post by Sergeant Rubetube » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:44 pm

Then he will get us to the playoffs and throw 4 picks. Cousins is a stat padding, fantasy football QB. He will win you NOTHING when it matters. Same with Alex Smith but he usually doesn't even have the hollow stats. Stay away from these two!

Teh "Tube" AKA Big Poppa Pump. MnRubeCentral Prison Sergeant.

#BlackLivesMatter

Proud Kirk Cousins Fan
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

.@KirkCousins8 became the first player in NFL history to pass for 4,000+ yards, 30 touchdowns, complete at least 70% of passes and throw 10 or fewer interceptions in a season in 2018.

Yep! Cousins was the problem!
1.10.22: Never Forget! Zimmer and Spielman are done destroying the Vikings Organization!

Still can’t start a thread on this forum! Bozo’s hate the truth!
salamander

Post by salamander »

Clubhouseleader wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:07 pm I agree. You can’t be taken seriously if you go into next year with teddy as the starter
Isn't this the guy that wants everyone fired?
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

twgerber wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:38 pm
Oscar wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:22 am You want to praise Spielman, here you go, praise away.
1st Round Picks
2011 Ponder
2012 Kalil, Smith
2014 Barr, Bridgewater
2015 Waynes
2016 Treadwell
2017 Traded for Bradford

What's the NFL avg?

And how do you really factor in two freak injuries to Bridgewater and Floyd. If they hadn't been injured both would still be starters on this roster so that has to factor in. FO/Coach have no control over those types of situations.
The draft is all luck. Which is why it’s a moronic idea to try and “build through” it.
Too Bad I Have To Destroy You Now
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

64DegreeWedge wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:53 am
twgerber wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:38 pm
1st Round Picks
2011 Ponder
2012 Kalil, Smith
2014 Barr, Bridgewater
2015 Waynes
2016 Treadwell
2017 Traded for Bradford

What's the NFL avg?

The draft is all luck. Which is why it’s a moronic idea to try and “build through” it.
No it's not ALL luck. That's a moronic statement. There are no absolutes.
GM Spielman:
  • Playoffs 1-3
Zimmer is 48-33-1
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

It's always fun to go back and re-post old stuff to make rubes look bad! I watched that highlight reel of Cousins vs the Pack and with one exception every single pass Cousins threw he did not have to use his feet to help him....always that 3 step drop then throw. It re-enforces the fact that he can indeed be lethal IF GIVEN TIME. Of course ALL QB's are better when they have time, but Kirks inability to make plays with his feet makes improving the O-Line the absolute most important thing for Spieldope to do this off season. I'm surprised no one here ever mentions the O-Line woes...
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

twgerber wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:37 pm
What data do you have that proves otherwise?
Too Bad I Have To Destroy You Now
PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

64DegreeWedge wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:55 pm
twgerber wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:37 pm
What data do you have that proves otherwise?
Where is yours? Haha dumbass.
Simpson Get Lifted wrote
Should have been WAY more booing from the home crowd imo. You have to drown out the cheers from Oscar.

Oscar on the Vikes:
"I am all in for a 4th place finish."
Tuck ya in

Post by Tuck ya in »

salamander wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:39 am
Clubhouseleader wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:07 pm I agree. You can’t be taken seriously if you go into next year with teddy as the starter
Isn't this the guy that wants everyone fired?
Yeeeeep, :lol: