Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

If Spielman Has Half A Brain, Cousins Is In Purple Next Season

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
twgerber

Re: If Spielman Has Half A Brain, Cousins Is In Purple Next Season

Post by twgerber »

64DegreeWedge wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:55 pm
twgerber wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:37 pm
No it's not ALL luck. That's a moronic statement. There are no absolutes.
What data do you have that proves otherwise?
What data do you have to prove your statement correct?
GM Spielman:
  • Record 62-48-2 (.559 winning %)
  • Playoffs 1-3
  • 7 years - reached playoffs 3 times.
  • Winner of the North 2 of last 4 years
Zimmer is 48-33-1
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

twgerber wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:58 am
What data do you have to prove your statement correct?
Any data that you look at proves the draft is all luck. The success rates are so low. More than half of first round draft picks are busts every year. The average nfl player has a 3 year career.

There is no data that suggests anyone has mastered the draft or that it is even possible.
Too Bad I Have To Destroy You Now
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

PurpleHaze wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:18 pm
Where is yours? Haha dumbass.
Just would have expected “build thru the draft guys” to have already looked up those numbers that are easily available.

But that’s not their MO
Too Bad I Have To Destroy You Now
PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

64DegreeWedge wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:41 am
PurpleHaze wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:18 pm

Where is yours? Haha dumbass.
Just would have expected “build thru the draft guys” to have already looked up those numbers that are easily available.

But that’s not their MO
Your MO is to stir the pot with outlandish bs without a shred of evidence.

Just sayin...
Simpson Get Lifted wrote
Should have been WAY more booing from the home crowd imo. You have to drown out the cheers from Oscar.

Oscar on the Vikes:
"I am all in for a 4th place finish."
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:32 pm Cousins sucks. He's won nothing and the few chances he has, he has stunk it up ala last year last game of the year to make playoffs and year before in the playoffs against GB. He's not good. I'm not a fan of what we have either but I'm not giving this guy a huge contract.

Now you call him KDC?

What a fucking phony!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
1.10.22: Never Forget! Zimmer and Spielman are done destroying the Vikings Organization!

Still can’t start a thread on this forum! Bozo’s hate the truth!
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Oscar wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:32 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:32 pm Cousins sucks. He's won nothing and the few chances he has, he has stunk it up ala last year last game of the year to make playoffs and year before in the playoffs against GB. He's not good. I'm not a fan of what we have either but I'm not giving this guy a huge contract.

Now you call him KDC?

What a fucking phony!

I changed my mind. I can do that. Many have called me on this, you are not the first.

Kirk was the BEST option. He also made me a believer with his incredible play last year. He exceeded my expectations in year one. It's ludicrous to think not.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:36 am

Now you call him KDC?

What a fucking phony!

I changed my mind. I can do that. Many have called me on this, you are not the first.

Kirk was the BEST option. He also made me a believer with his incredible play last year. He exceeded my expectations in year one. It's ludicrous to think not.
:lol:

"Demry Croft is a superstar". :lol: :lol:

If wouldn't be such a full-time job, it would be fun exposing every ridiculous and fraudulent babbling you post. :lol: :lol: :lol:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

hategreenticemase wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:52 am

Now you call him KDC?

What a fucking phony!

:lol:

"Demry Croft is a superstar". :lol: :lol:

If wouldn't be such a full-time job, it would be fun exposing every ridiculous and fraudulent babbling you post. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm sitting out in this beautiful weather, grilling a Jacks pizza. I didn't get where I'm at from
"Chalk Talk", Tice.

Sitting here waiting for Glazer to drop me a "Nugget" on the Rudolph situation. Stay tuned!

RubeTubeSports- Innovation, Dedication, Motivation. Dare to be great!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Now you call him KDC?

What a fucking phony!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WOW!
Joe Bag 'O Donuts

Post by Joe Bag 'O Donuts »

cunningham wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:05 am

Now you call him KDC?

What a fucking phony!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WOW!
I know, it's pretty staggering when someone changes course instead of digging in.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Joe Bag 'O Donuts wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:16 am

WOW!
I know, it's pretty staggering when someone changes course instead of digging in.
This! 90% of these dopes stick it out even if they are wrong. Most like Oscar etc.. Love to see the Vikings fail so they can be right on a message board. Lol. Sad really.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:19 am

WOW!
This! 90% of these dopes stick it out even if they are wrong. Most like Oscar etc.. Love to see the Vikings fail so they can be right on a message board. Lol. Sad really.
Good to see Rube and Joe are on the same page. :beer: :humper: :clap:
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

WOW!
I agree that changing one's mind should be considered a respectable thing to do and not such easy fodder for ridicule.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Dude

Post by Dude »

Now you call him KDC?

What a fucking phony!

WOW!
How is this a negative in your mind? He's admitting the ability to be wrong on his past takes.

For example:

After the Bridgewater injury I thought trading a first for Bradford was a mistake. I believe I was right.

Going into last offseason, I wanted the Vikings to keep Keenum. I believe I was wrong.

Coming into this offseason, I didn't want the Vikings to spend what they wanted to keep Barr. Time will tell if I'm right or wrong, but I'm sure I have enough self awareness to admit as much if it turns out to be a positive move.

A little self awareness and humility would probably go a long way for you.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Dude wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:39 pm

WOW!
How is this a negative in your mind? He's admitting the ability to be wrong on his past takes.

For example:

After the Bridgewater injury I thought trading a first for Bradford was a mistake. I believe I was right.

Going into last offseason, I wanted the Vikings to keep Keenum. I believe I was wrong.

Coming into this offseason, I didn't want the Vikings to spend what they wanted to keep Barr. Time will tell if I'm right or wrong, but I'm sure I have enough self awareness to admit as much if it turns out to be a positive move.

A little self awareness and humility would probably go a long way for you.
:thumbsup:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:23 pm

I agree that changing one's mind should be considered a respectable thing to do and not such easy fodder for ridicule.
:beer:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Joe Bag 'O Donuts

cunningham wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:08 pm

Good to see Rube and Joe are on the same page. :beer: :humper: :clap:
Add Beef and Dude to the list. M'kay?
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

Glad to see you agreed with the rest of us at one point in time.
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:56 am
PurpleFloyd wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:37 pm He will cost a huge amount of money. PFT stated he gets 34 million next year if Washington uses the franchise tag. He won't take a huge drop for a long term deal.
I doubt Washington franchises him. They seem to be ready to move on from him. They don't want to pay him either. Who ever signs this guy long-term, won't be happy in about 2 years.
You seemed to actually have coherent thoughts at one point in time in your life. Did you start sniffing glue? What happened to RT that appeared to actually understand football and the difference between winners and stat mongers?
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:44 pm
VikingsVoice wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:59 pm Cousins is capable of carrying the offense through the air. He'd be a great fit into what should be an incredibly balanced offense that doesn't ask him to be a hero. He'll have better WR's and RB's than he's ever had in his career.
Then he will get us to the playoffs and throw 4 picks. Cousins is a stat padding, fantasy football QB. He will win you NOTHING when it matters. Same with Alex Smith but he usually doesn't even have the hollow stats. Stay away from these two!
What changed RT? Even you agree Cousins is nothing be a stat padding fantasy QB. Dude, its almost like you agree with the likes of Cunningham, Beefy and myself.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Bleeds Purple wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:10 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:56 am
PurpleFloyd wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:37 pm He will cost a huge amount of money. PFT stated he gets 34 million next year if Washington uses the franchise tag. He won't take a huge drop for a long term deal.
I doubt Washington franchises him. They seem to be ready to move on from him. They don't want to pay him either. Who ever signs this guy long-term, won't be happy in about 2 years.
You seemed to actually have coherent thoughts at one point in time in your life. Did you start sniffing glue? What happened to RT that appeared to actually understand football and the difference between winners and stat mongers?
I watched the kid toss a pigskin in purple. Damn good player.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:28 am
Ash Ketchum wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:20 am
brison wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:35 am

It's not just based on Salary.

Three straight starting years (only starting years) of over 25 TDs and less than 13 INT and each season over 4,000 yards.
2015: 29 TDs 11 INT, 4,166 yards
2016: 25 TDs 12 INT, 4,917 yards
2017: 27 TDs 13 INT, 4,093 yards

Case just had a pretty good season and he totaled 22 touchdowns and 3,500 yards. The only knock, we've only seen it one season from him.

The name of the game is touchdowns and yards and when you have an above average defense and a true starting QB your team is tough to beat.
His production in Washington was great. My concern is that he wouldn’t produce the same here. Not saying he definitely wouldn’t, but it’s a concern of mine.
And with those season numbers, Keenum has more playoff wins over that span. I don't want to hear they have a bad team in Washington either. The made the playoffs in 2015 and he played bad against a putrid Packers defense. In 2016 they had to beat the Giants at home to make the playoffs and he threw a pick on the game winning drive. They did suck in 2017.

Point is... This guy is going to be paid like a top 5 QB. Rodgers, Wilson, Stafford etc.. Cqn play on a shitty team and elevate it. Cousins can't and he is about to be paid like that. Stay far away from this guy!

Dude, you are making the same points about Cousins here, that the rest of us are making.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Bleeds Purple wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:17 pm
Ash Ketchum wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:20 am

His production in Washington was great. My concern is that he wouldn’t produce the same here. Not saying he definitely wouldn’t, but it’s a concern of mine.
And with those season numbers, Keenum has more playoff wins over that span. I don't want to hear they have a bad team in Washington either. The made the playoffs in 2015 and he played bad against a putrid Packers defense. In 2016 they had to beat the Giants at home to make the playoffs and he threw a pick on the game winning drive. They did suck in 2017.

Point is... This guy is going to be paid like a top 5 QB. Rodgers, Wilson, Stafford etc.. Cqn play on a shitty team and elevate it. Cousins can't and he is about to be paid like that. Stay far away from this guy!

Dude, you are making the same points about Cousins here, that the rest of us are making.
It changed. I realized my wrong ways and corrected them.

Maybe somewhere in this thread, I was pounding the tables to keep Sam Bradford lol.

It took me awhile to come around to it. By free agency last year, I was on board. He exceeded ky expectations 10 fold ladt year. It was so fucking refreshing watching the Vikings with someone who could actually pass the football.

I enjoyed watching last season more than 2017. Didn't like the way it ended.

I wanted nothing to do with Keenum. You can find me ripping on him all through this time span.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Joe Bag 'O Donuts

Bleeds Purple wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:12 pm
VikingsVoice wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:59 pm Cousins is capable of carrying the offense through the air. He'd be a great fit into what should be an incredibly balanced offense that doesn't ask him to be a hero. He'll have better WR's and RB's than he's ever had in his career.
Then he will get us to the playoffs and throw 4 picks. Cousins is a stat padding, fantasy football QB. He will win you NOTHING when it matters. Same with Alex Smith but he usually doesn't even have the hollow stats. Stay away from these two!
What changed RT? Even you agree Cousins is nothing be a stat padding fantasy QB. Dude, its almost like you agree with the likes of Cunningham, Beefy and myself.
Maybe time to post a meme no one laughs at, since you're so excited.
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

Joe Bag 'O Donuts wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:51 pm

How did I know you would show up with a dumb-ass comment and no real content to add to the conversation?
Joe Bag 'O Donuts

Bleeds Purple wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:59 pm
Joe Bag 'O Donuts wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:51 pm

How did I know you would show up with a dumb-ass comment and no real content to add to the conversation?
Quick...meme...content
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:22 pm

Maybe somewhere in this thread, I was pounding the tables to keep Sam Bradford lol.

It took me awhile to come around to it. By free agency last year, I was on board. He exceeded ky expectations 10 fold ladt year. It was so fucking refreshing watching the Vikings with someone who could actually pass the football.

I wanted nothing to do with Keenum. You can find me ripping on him all through this time span.
You are full of shit. You enjoyed watching this team get its ass kicked by every decent team last year more than a 13-3 team that went to the NFC Championship game?

You have lost all credibility just like the trolls who follow you around.

You have already won a Gibby, but you deserve another for saying what you just said.

All credibility lost.

You said EXACTLY what I have said. To defend it you say this.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Joe Bag 'O Donuts

cunningham wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:11 am

You are full of shit. You enjoyed watching this team get its ass kicked by every decent team last year more than a 13-3 team that went to the NFC Championship game?

You have already won a Gibby, but you deserve another for saying what you just said.

All credibility lost.

You said EXACTLY what I have said. To defend it you say this.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
If he said exactly what you said, then you're right, he definitely deserves a Gibby.
Joe Bag 'O Donuts

cunningham wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:11 am

All credibility lost.

Wait, Gibby's a 24 hour hold, right? Or is that a facility?
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Sergeant Rubetube:

I enjoyed watching last season more than 2017. Didn't like the way it ended. :o :o :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is the dumbest thing ever posted here.

Just wow. He would rather have a team go 8-7-1, lose to any team with a pulse, and miss the playoffs entirely more than going 13-3 and to the NFC Championship game.

The Cousins' apologists are worse than Trump's. My gosh.