Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

New England Patriots

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
-Jaymo-

Re: New England Patriots

Post by -Jaymo- »

Gork wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:31 pm
-TouchdownWhitewaterJesus- wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:25 pm
Gork wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:57 am

They enjoy a good laugh too! Just spreading the Holiday Cheer! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you don't want people to know you're a dumbass, quit posting stupid shit! :bday:
Again, you’re so mind numbingly stupid it’s beyond belief. Is that part of your bit, gramps?
Love the PM you sent to Blair saying you weren't Jaymo! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Any takes on Arians before Tommy?
If you can’t figure out who’s the dumbest person in the room, you’re probably the dumbest person in the room.

You can start a thread on Arians if you want. This thread pertains to Belichick, the .500 (is he) coach without a playoff win without TB12.

.500 without a playoff win….how quickly would that get you into the packler hof?
Gork

Post by Gork »

If Abe banned guys for being an idiot, you'd never be able to post here again! :bow:
There will come a day when Donald Trump is gone, but Calebs' stupidity will remain!

TRUMPHUMPERS :humper: ™ ARE TRAITORS!

Proud member of the RFP!

Never trust a former president who wears Jim Bakker’s haircut and Tammy Faye’s makeup.
PackIsBack

Post by PackIsBack »

JPM wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:12 pm I was told he was the most overrated coach in the history of sports.
He's Schrodinger's coach.

He's the right coach and the most overrated coach at the same time. He's in Jaymo's box and you won't know if he's right or overrated without opening the box. But if you open the box, both he and Jaymo die.
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

Shit take, Jaymo.

Own it. It happens to the best of us.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

whiskerbiscuit wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:13 pm Shit take, Jaymo.
nope.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

I guess Bill figured out how to win nearly without a quarterback.

Zimmer probably busted it after seeing that stat line.

Mac Jones was right there, but trader Rick needed an oft injured offensive linemen and an extra late round pick!

Rick saw that Mond had Ponder's old coach and was like, "watch me get this guy in round 3 and show everyone that I know better than Bill..."

Bill said, "here, hold my beer..."

Ran to the table and took Mac Jones.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

-Jaymo- wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:27 pm Let’s talk about Bill Belichick’s record without Tom Brady.

“He’s a mastermind!”

“Greatest coach ever!”

“ His defense with the Giants was so far superior to anything Zimstone has done that it ends the debate right there. ”

and yet............

discuss
I don't think your information is correct, and it for sure isn't correct as the coach of the New England Patriots without Brady.

From 1991 - 1995 as the head coach of the Cleveland Browns Bill was 36-44, a .450 winning percentage.

The only season in New England that Belichick was under .390 winning percentage was his first season with the Patriots, 2000. That season the team went 5-11 with Drew Bledsoe as the starting quarterback and Tom Brady was a rookie QB down the depth charts.

The next season, 2001, the Patriots went 11-5, after starting the season 0-2 under Bledsoe. Brady took over the starting job and they went 11-3 and won the FUCKING Super Bowl.

In 2008, with MATT FN CASSELL as the starting QB the team went 11-5 (and did not make the playoffs)).

Regardless, if you include the record with the Browns, the first year in New England with Bledsoe, the 0-2 record with Bledsoe in 2002, the 11-5 with Matt FN Cassell, the 7-9 with Cam Newton, and the 9-4 with Mac Jones, without Tom Brady Belichick's winning percentage is .475.

IS that enough discussion to shut you up?
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

mlhouse wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:02 pm
-Jaymo- wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:27 pm Let’s talk about Bill Belichick’s record without Tom Brady.

“He’s a mastermind!”

“Greatest coach ever!”

“ His defense with the Giants was so far superior to anything Zimstone has done that it ends the debate right there. ”

and yet............

discuss
I don't think your information is correct, and it for sure isn't correct as the coach of the New England Patriots without Brady.

From 1991 - 1995 as the head coach of the Cleveland Browns Bill was 36-44, a .450 winning percentage.

The only season in New England that Belichick was under .390 winning percentage was his first season with the Patriots, 2000. That season the team went 5-11 with Drew Bledsoe as the starting quarterback and Tom Brady was a rookie QB down the depth charts.

The next season, 2001, the Patriots went 11-5, after starting the season 0-2 under Bledsoe. Brady took over the starting job and they went 11-3 and won the FUCKING Super Bowl.

In 2008, with MATT FN CASSELL as the starting QB the team went 11-5 (and did not make the playoffs)).

Regardless, if you include the record with the Browns, the first year in New England with Bledsoe, the 0-2 record with Bledsoe in 2002, the 11-5 with Matt FN Cassell, the 7-9 with Cam Newton, and the 9-4 with Mac Jones, without Tom Brady Belichick's winning percentage is .475.

IS that enough discussion to shut you up?
So including this year’s 9-4 record, he has a .475 winning percentage, 1 playoff appearance, and 0 playoff wins without Brady as his starting QB?

that’s fantastic
Gork

Post by Gork »

:lol: "TouchdownWhitewaterJesus" Math!

Even your fellow Viking fan brethren think it's a shit take! :lol:
There will come a day when Donald Trump is gone, but Calebs' stupidity will remain!

Proud member of the RFP!

Never trust a former president who wears Jim Bakker’s haircut and Tammy Faye’s makeup.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

-Jaymo- wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:13 pm
So including this year’s 9-4 record, he has a .475 winning percentage, 1 playoff appearance, and 0 playoff wins without Brady as his starting QB?

that’s fantastic
That all depends on how you look at it.

Taking a 5-11 team to the Super Bowl the following season. Fantastic.

Getting 11 wins with Matt Cassell (who was not hte worst NFL QB of all time, but not a double win starter) is fantastic even if you do not make the playoffs.

Getting 11 wins on a Cleveland team with Vinny Testeverde as your QB and Leroy Hoard as your running back...fantastic.

So, CONTEXT matters.
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

-Jaymo- wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:15 pm
nope.
Let's see the guy grooms probably the best professional athlete of all time, coaches him and the best dynasty ever for two decades, loses the best oro athlete of all time, has one bad year, takes the 4th QB taken in the first round and now is back on top of the league and poised for another decade long run of success.

If any Viking coach had 10% of that kind of success you'd do nothing but sing his praises.

"Wow shit take by me! That's why I'm on rubechat and not in a NFL front office."

It's not hard, bruh. Get over yourself.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Psychedelic expert

🇳🇪Z
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

whiskerbiscuit wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:12 pm
nope.
Let's see the guy grooms probably the best professional athlete of all time, coaches him and the best dynasty ever for two decades, loses the best oro athlete of all time, has one bad year, takes the 4th QB taken in the first round and now is back on top of the league and poised for another decade long run of success.

If any Viking coach had 10% of that kind of success you'd do nothing but sing his praises.

"Wow shit take by me! That's why I'm on rubechat and not in a NFL front office."

A Vikings coach could have 0% percent of that success and Pedmo would be blaming officials etc.

This is an almost 60 year old man who wears shirts with other men's name on his back, that's all you need to know. :lol:
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

mlhouse wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:00 pm
-Jaymo- wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:13 pm

that’s fantastic
That all depends on how you look at it.

Taking a 5-11 team to the Super Bowl the following season. Fantastic.

Getting 11 wins with Matt Cassell (who was not hte worst NFL QB of all time, but not a double win starter) is fantastic even if you do not make the playoffs.

Getting 11 wins on a Cleveland team with Vinny Testeverde as your QB and Leroy Hoard as your running back...fantastic.

So, CONTEXT matters.
Sure. .475 winning percentage, 1 playoff appearance, 0 playoff wins, without Tom Brady…..Context matters.

Tom Brady - 24/8 record, 4/0 in the playoffs, Super Bowl Championship. Context matters.

You are free to use the context you see fit. This is mine
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:19 pm

nope.

A Vikings coach could have 0% percent of that success and Pedmo would be blaming officials etc.

This is an almost 60 year old man who wears shirts with other men's name on his back, that's all you need to know. :lol:
Lots of folks wear jersies. My rule is I only wear jersies of players that are older than me. I have Moss, Carter and Reed jersies hanging up in my man cave and ill rock them on GameDay, no shame. Jared Allen is the last player who's jersey I got while he was still playing, and will be the last.

Jaymo's alright he just needs a massive bong rip to chill out. He promised he'll toke with me if the vikes ever win teh bowl.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Psychedelic expert

🇳🇪Z
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

whiskerbiscuit wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:12 pm Let's see the guy grooms probably the best professional athlete of all time, coaches him and the best dynasty ever for two decades, loses the best oro athlete of all time, has one bad year, takes the 4th QB taken in the first round and now is back on top of the league and poised for another decade long run of success.

Is that so?
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

Gork wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:47 pm :lol: "TouchdownWhitewaterJesus" Math!

Even your fellow Viking fan brethren think it's a shit take! :lol:
^ the dumbest person in the room.

There. Now you don’t have to wonder any more.
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:19 pm

nope.

A guy(?) who spends his life (35K fucking posts) pretending to be a drunk, website owning, insider commenting on how other people “act”.

:lol:

Pound some more seltzaaaaahhhhssss, dude!!!!
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

This is an impressive monument to Jaymo's abject stupidity.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Gork

Post by Gork »

Proud member of the RFP!

-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:48 pm This is an impressive monument to Jaymo's abject stupidity.
You’re fortunate that gork is here. Just sayin’.
Offsides 97 defense

Post by Offsides 97 defense »

Chuck bumping threads. That's rich.
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
"1800, Engineers, You go out and find mines"
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

Poor Jaymo.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:41 pm Poor Jaymo.
How’s it going, fatty?
Tuck ya in

Post by Tuck ya in »

Patriots were a rainy 56 yard fieldgoal off the left upright from beating the Bucs earlier this year. Right now, if they played again I'd take the Pats.
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

cunningham wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:36 pm I guess Bill figured out how to win nearly without a quarterback.

Mac Jones was right there, but trader Rick needed an oft injured offensive linemen and an extra late round pick!

Rick saw that Mond had Ponder's old coach and was like, "watch me get this guy in round 3 and show everyone that I know better than Bill..."

Zimmer could never develop Mac Jones like Bill does. How he is playing in New England has zero bearing on how he would play here.
Chuck North

Post by Chuck North »

-Jaymo- wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:59 am Probably move on from Bill Belichick after this year, don’t you think?

6-9. Old fossil of a coach. Completely out of touch with today’s NFL.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him fired at the conclusion of the season.

Get back in your box.

What a terrible football mind.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

PurpleFloyd wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:48 pm
cunningham wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:36 pm I guess Bill figured out how to win nearly without a quarterback.

Zimmer could never develop Mac Jones like Bill does. How he is playing in New England has zero bearing on how he would play here.
Like I said above, Mac Jones would be 3rd on the depth chart behind Sean Mannion right now if he was drafted by the Vikings.

If Christian Darrisaw ever gets and stays healthy it will make most people forget about not drafting Jones or any QB. Drafting a QB is an absolute crap shoot and the cost in draft capital is incredibly high. If possible, the best way of acquiring a QB is to sign a veteran QB like Kirk Cousins. Expensive, sure, but top level QBs cost a lot of money. QBs being overvalued in the draft means other position players are undervalued.

But, signing a good veteran FA QB is a rare event.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

I was a Mac Jones doubter. I own it. He's made me eat it.

I could argue that Mac Jones anywhere else would not be as successful, etc. But that's speculation. The reality is he's kicking ass and has been far and away the best rookie QB this year and it's he or Jamarr Chase for OROY. I'd lean Chase, but I leaned JJ over Herbert last year and it went to the QB, so it's probably Jones' award to lose.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Angry Waters

Post by Angry Waters »

Admittedly, I was wrong on the Belichick/Brady debate. During NE's reign of dominance with TB, I would've given probably 2/3rds to 3/4ths of the credit, especially in their dynasty's second half, to Brady. Belichick is proving that both are GOAT-worthy. It's really hard to assign a percentage but I guess I'll give them equal share in their importance. It should shock no one if they meet in LA in February. NBC is already creaming their pants at the thought.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

"Have the Patriots lost their touch?"

People just never learn.