Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

New England Patriots

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: New England Patriots

Post by RubeTube »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:14 pm I was a Mac Jones doubter. I own it. He's made me eat it.

I could argue that Mac Jones anywhere else would not be as successful, etc. But that's speculation. The reality is he's kicking ass and has been far and away the best rookie QB this year and it's he or Jamarr Chase for OROY. I'd lean Chase, but I leaned JJ over Herbert last year and it went to the QB, so it's probably Jones' award to lose.
Same.

I completely agree though. Mac Jones probably would have sucked complete balls right now if he was starting for this team.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
PackIsBack

Post by PackIsBack »

Angry Waters wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:49 am Admittedly, I was wrong on the Belichick/Brady debate.
So you were wrong but somehow Jaymo is still right. :thinking:

Kudos to you for admitting the obvious. :clap:
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

PackIsBack wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:57 am
Angry Waters wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:49 am Admittedly, I was wrong on the Belichick/Brady debate.

Below .500, 1 playoff appearance, 0 playoff wins.

^ without Brady

^ jaymo’s right
Gork

Post by Gork »

^
There will come a day when Donald Trump is gone, but Calebs' stupidity will remain!

TRUMPHUMPERS :humper: ™ ARE TRAITORS!

Proud member of the RFP!

Never trust a former president who wears Jim Bakker’s haircut and Tammy Faye’s makeup.
SDVikesfan

Post by SDVikesfan »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:18 am
Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:14 pm I was a Mac Jones doubter. I own it. He's made me eat it.

I could argue that Mac Jones anywhere else would not be as successful, etc. But that's speculation. The reality is he's kicking ass and has been far and away the best rookie QB this year and it's he or Jamarr Chase for OROY. I'd lean Chase, but I leaned JJ over Herbert last year and it went to the QB, so it's probably Jones' award to lose.
Same.

I completely agree though. Mac Jones probably would have sucked complete balls right now if he was starting for this team.
Spot on.

Mac Jones is getting more production (and wins) out of his abilities (as a rookie) than even his biggest fans could have ever imagined.

Getting this type of production out of a (rookie) QB who does not apparently possess any special physical abilities is a sign of one thing ... great coaching.

Without that great coaching, MAC Jones is likely no better than DANIEL Jones in 2021.

As for this thread, on a Minnesota Vikings chat board, minimizing Bill Belichik's coaching acumen, it truly is simply amazing -- even in an era where outlandhish, baseless statements are the norm.
SDVikesfan

Post by SDVikesfan »

SDVikesfan wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:19 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:18 am

Same.

Spot on.

Mac Jones is getting more production (and wins) out of his abilities (as a rookie) than even his biggest fans could have ever imagined.

Getting this type of production out of a (rookie) QB who does not apparently possess any special physical abilities is a sign of one thing ... great coaching.

Without that great coaching, MAC Jones is likely no better than DANIEL Jones in 2021.

As for this thread, on a Minnesota Vikings' chat board, minimizing Bill Belichik's coaching acumen, it is simply amazing -- even in an era where outlandhish, baseless statements are the norm.
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

I guess Bill can always hope he plays a passing team during an Alberta clipper….or he can continually face the Jets……

Carson Wentz - 5/12, 87 yards….and they still pound the pats. :zzz:
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

-Jaymo- wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:18 pm

I guess Bill can always hope he plays a passing team during an Alberta clipper….or he can continually face the Jets……

I mean, Mac threw 4 passes in a win against the Bills, a lot of peoples pick to win the ACF this year, so it's not unprecedented. The AFC is a crap shoot right now, pretty much any team that makes the playoffs has as good of a chance to get to the Super Bowl as the next team.
Gork

Post by Gork »

Patriots finally lose after 7 wins in a row . Pedmo comes out of the closet and puffs his chest! :lol: :lol: :lol:
There will come a day when Donald Trump is gone, but Calebs' stupidity will remain!

Proud member of the RFP!

Never trust a former president who wears Jim Bakker’s haircut and Tammy Faye’s makeup.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Saying we never would have gotten this out of Mac Jones is telling.

1. Some say this to defend Rick “all-in” Spielman.

What a horse shit excuse. He had a blue chipper right there and traded down. Like he always does.

2. Saying we never would have gotten what the Pats have out of him is saying our coaching staff isn’t good enough.

So why the hell do so many sit by this? Rick, Mike, and others need to go.

3. Mac Jones in year one will go to the playoffs. Meanwhile, our cap crippling quarterback has made the playoffs twice in his entire career. And is 33 years old. He has one overtime playoff win.

Any excuses made are just prolonging our sub-par squad.

Mac Jones success should mean that Rick and Mike are not good enough and should be fired.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

cunningham wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:05 am Saying we never would have gotten this out of Mac Jones is telling.

What a horse shit excuse. He had a blue chipper right there and traded down. Like he always does.

2. Saying we never would have gotten what the Pats have out of him is saying our coaching staff isn’t good enough.

3. Mac Jones in year one will go to the playoffs. Meanwhile, our cap crippling quarterback has made the playoffs twice in his entire career. And is 33 years old. He has one overtime playoff win.

Mac Jones success should mean that Rick and Mike are not good enough and should be fired.
It's the Patriots defense (and better coaching obv) is what separates the two teams, not QB play.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

ForCaleb wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:18 am
cunningham wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:05 am Saying we never would have gotten this out of Mac Jones is telling.

It's the Patriots defense (and better coaching obv) is what separates the two teams, not QB play.
And our defensive head coach has the 30th ranked defense.

Rick and Zimmer must go!
PackIsBack

Post by PackIsBack »

I guess you can go quiet until the Pats lose again. I'm pulling for the Bills but you will probably need to shut up until late January at the earliest.
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

PackIsBack wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:09 am

I guess you can go quiet until the Pats lose again. I'm pulling for the Bills but you will probably need to shut up until late January at the earliest.
Why would I need to go quiet, bit?

Belichick sans Brady

56-71, 1 playoff appearance, 0 playoff wins

^ says all that needs to be said
Chuck North

Post by Chuck North »

-Jaymo- wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:38 am
Why would I need to go quiet, bit?

Belichick sans Brady

^ says all that needs to be said
God u r stupid.

Brady played with Bill for 18 years. To give Bill ZERO credit for all those 18 years is just an asinine assessment from a professional stat twister. You lost this arguement entirely, but keep coming back for more egg on your face.

You can't help yourself I guess.

:roll:
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

Chuck North wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:12 pm You lost this arguement entirely, but keep coming back for more egg on your face.
Oh, for sure.

Because “ 56-71, 1 playoff appearance, 0 playoff wins” just screams incredible coach. Meanwhile TB12 is 25-8 and 1 for 1 in SB’s.

good job. nice effort.
Chuck North

Post by Chuck North »

Sorry about you're cherry picked stats.

Better put some air holes in that box.
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

Chuck North wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:26 pm Sorry about you're cherry picked stats.

Better put some air holes in that box.
wins/losses

^ cherry picked

sorry for your loss, chuck
Chuck North

Post by Chuck North »

Poor Jaymo, he's become the clown of Purple Chat as well now.

:-(
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

Chuck North wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:36 pm Poor Jaymo, he's become the clown of Purple Chat as well now.

:-(
I’m sorry you can’t refute my stats.

nice job. good effort. nice job.
Gork

Post by Gork »

Speaking of stats the LAST TIME Bill Belichick was shut out was Dec 10 2006! Tom Brady Dec 19 2021!

BRADY DID IT WITHOUT BELICHICK!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Proud member of the RFP!

-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

Gork wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:21 am Speaking of stats the LAST TIME Bill Belichick was shut out was Dec 10 2006! Tom Brady Dec 19 2021!

BRADY DID IT WITHOUT BELICHICK!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Belichick sans Brady

^ Oh look! Tampa’s game had no result on the above stat. Back in the box you go, dipshit.
Gork

Post by Gork »

:lol: Back to your lousy takes puss boy! :lol:

Proud member of the RFP!

Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

People think it's some "gotcha" moment to say a coach isn't as good without the greatest QB of all time on the field. Like Bill Walsh would have won 3 Super Bowls without Montana, right? Anyone with common sense would tell you having a HOF QB is better than not having one, it doesn't mean all of a sudden the guy can't coach though. Belichick went 7-9 with Cam freaking Newton as a QB last year, and 11-5 with Matt Cassel. The guy clearly knows how to coach, anyone who can't see that is just hating for the sake of it, and not basing anything on common sense.
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

Gork wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:53 am :lol: Back to your lousy takes puss boy! :lol:
I’m sorry that you can’t seem to get out of your box, gramps. Speak up! The cardboard is really stifling your tiny voice.
Gork

Post by Gork »

-Jaymo- wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:50 am
Gork wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:53 am :lol: Back to your lousy takes puss boy! :lol:
I’m sorry that you can’t seem to get out of your box, gramps. Speak up! The cardboard is really stifling your tiny voice.
Read the post above yours numbnuts :lol:

Proud member of the RFP!

Gork

Post by Gork »

Dan33185 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:23 am People think it's some "gotcha" moment to say a coach isn't as good without the greatest QB of all time on the field. Like Bill Walsh would have won 3 Super Bowls without Montana, right? Anyone with common sense would tell you having a HOF QB is better than not having one, it doesn't mean all of a sudden the guy can't coach though. Belichick went 7-9 with Cam freaking Newton as a QB last year, and 11-5 with Matt Cassel. The guy clearly knows how to coach, anyone who can't see that is just hating for the sake of it, and not basing anything on common sense.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: And I even hate Belichick! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Proud member of the RFP!

-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

Gork wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:57 am
-Jaymo- wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:50 am
Read the post above yours numbnuts :lol:
Yeah, that has nothing to do with you, nor does it refute belichick’s record without Brady.

Try again, stooge.
Gork

Post by Gork »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The stupid is strong with this one! :lol:

Proud member of the RFP!

Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Dan33185 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:23 am People think it's some "gotcha" moment to say a coach isn't as good without the greatest QB of all time on the field. Like Bill Walsh would have won 3 Super Bowls without Montana, right? Anyone with common sense would tell you having a HOF QB is better than not having one, it doesn't mean all of a sudden the guy can't coach though. Belichick went 7-9 with Cam freaking Newton as a QB last year, and 11-5 with Matt Cassel. The guy clearly knows how to coach, anyone who can't see that is just hating for the sake of it, and not basing anything on common sense.
What would Tom Brady be if he was drafted by Miami in 2000 and coached by Dave Wannstedt? What if he were drafted by Detroit and coached by Bobby Ross and Mike Mornhinweg?

Or would we know think of them like we think of Bellichick because of Brady?

Remember how much of a "game manager" Brady was early on? Did you know that he threw one touchdown pass in the entire 2001 Super-Bowl winning post-season run?

His numbers: 3 games: 60-97 (61.9%), 572 yards (191ypg, 5.9ypa), 1 TD, 1 INT. Passer rating: 77.3.

I know it was a different era, but those numbers were paltry then. This was post greatest show on turf. Explosive offenses existed.

Patriots defense that run? 3 games, 47 points allowed (15.7ppg) including 17 against that greatest show on turf Rams team in the Super Bowl. 321 yards/game against, 7 takeaways (including 3 in the Super Bowl). The Pats were a +6 in the give/take that post-season. That's probably the biggest reason they won.

Later, Brady would become the most prolific passer of all-time, but he absolutely did not look that part early in his career. Belichick has his hands all over that first title run and oversaw Brady's development from late-round game manager to GOAT.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov