Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

New England Patriots

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
-Jaymo-

New England Patriots

Post by -Jaymo- »

Probably move on from Bill Belichick after this year, don’t you think?

6-9. Old fossil of a coach. Completely out of touch with today’s NFL.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him fired at the conclusion of the season.
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Re: New England Patriots

Post by JPM »

Yeah Billy Boy and Zimstone have a lot in common. :lol: :lol:
40+ year Viking fan turned Packer fan turned J-E-T-S fan.
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

Here's Bill's Bio:
NFL coaching records
Most Super Bowl wins: 6
Most Super Bowl appearances: 9
Most NFL championships: 6 (tied)
Most playoff wins: 31
As defensive coordinator:

2× Super Bowl champion (XXI, XXV)
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

Here's Zimstone:

Postseason: 2–3 (.400)
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

JPM wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:05 am Here's Bill's Tom’s Bio:
NFL coaching records

Edited for accuracy.
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

-Jaymo- wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:09 am
NFL coaching records

Edited for accuracy.
:lol:
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

JPM wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:11 am
-Jaymo- wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:09 am
NFL coaching records

Edited for accuracy.
:lol:
This season proved what most of us knowledgeable fans knew all along.

New England was Tom Brady’s franchise, and Belichick is a pretty shitty coach without him.

41-64

^ pretty obvious Belichick is nothing without Tom Brady.

JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

Well I can't argue with that logic.

Bwahahhahaa
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

JPM wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:18 am Well I can't argue with that logic.

You can.

But you won’t.

Because you know I’m right.

There’s no shame in admitting it.

hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

JPM wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:01 am Yeah Billy Boy and Zimstone have a lot in common. :lol: :lol:
It's no less simpleton a thread or take than some of the other simpleton/moronic assertions that Zim isnt a good def coach any longer because, you know, the D sucks this year (and just please forget all the reasons why). And it damn sure aint more simpleton or lazy than you pretending to be a GB fan which not one rube buys. But, hey, keep up the good fight Clark. A grown man must be allowed to pretend on the internets to be able to aggravate other grown men he doesn't know! :lol:
Tmoney

Post by Tmoney »

It does seem so far all those genius moves Bill got credit for were made possible by Tom's ability to make everyone much better then they are.

Although, its 1 season. They had a few opt outs, pretty small sample size.
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

hategreenticemase wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:33 am
JPM wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:01 am Yeah Billy Boy and Zimstone have a lot in common. :lol: :lol:
It's no less simpleton a thread or take than some of the other simpleton/moronic assertions that Zim isnt a good def coach any longer because, you know, the D sucks this year (and just please forget all the reasons why). And it damn sure aint more simpleton or lazy than you pretending to be a GB fan which not one rube buys. But, hey, keep up the good fight Clark. A grown man must be allowed to pretend on the internets to be able to aggravate other grown men he doesn't know! :lol:
Except BB was in what, three SBs as the architect of the defenses on those teams. His defense with the Giants was so far superior to anything Zimstone has done that it ends the debate right there.

They were an awesome tandem but any comparison of Bb to Zimstone is foolish.

Compare Zim to Childress if you want a more fair comparison.
In Kwesi we trust.
hategreenticemase

PurpleFloyd wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:37 am
Except BB was in what, three SBs as the architect of the defenses on those teams. His defense with the Giants was so far superior to anything Zimstone has done that it ends the debate right there.

I am not remotely comparing Zimmer to the greatest coach in NFL history. Not even close.

I am mocking the notion that this SATIRICAL thread is any less outrageous than the assertions made by you and MANY that Zimmer all of a sudden sucks as def coach because of one horrible yet very explainable year. Pretty sure Jaymo was just poking fun at some of the recent silliness.

I was also mocking superbit Clark. You know, because that is what he is here for.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Tmoney wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:35 am It does seem so far all those genius moves Bill got credit for were made possible by Tom's ability to make everyone much better then they are.

Don’t forget, for many of those years, Brady played on a contract below market value. That gave them a huge advantage.

That, and they’re cheaters.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Post by Night Train »

Oh I think they'll give him a little more time, you cannot replace the GOAT with Cam Newton and expect the same results. I Think they were in salary cap hell and it doesn't help that they had like a kajillion people opt out this year on them.

Sometimes it's okay to keep a coach through a rebuilding year if they have a record like BB's, other times it's best to move in a new direction.
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

hategreenticemase wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:44 am

I am not remotely comparing Zimmer to the greatest coach in NFL history. Not even close.

I am mocking the notion that this SATIRICAL thread is any less outrageous than the assertions made by you and MANY that Zimmer all of a sudden sucks as def coach because of one horrible yet very explainable year. Pretty sure Jaymo was just poking fun at some of the recent silliness.

I was also mocking superbit Clark. You know, because that is what he is here for.
Not so much a Packer fan more of a Rodgers adorer.
hategreenticemase

JPM wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:05 am

Not so much a Packer fan more of a guy who as odd as it may be, gets jollies from irritating others. Been that way since I was a kid.
Fixed buddy!
laX

Post by laX »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:54 am
Tmoney wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:35 am It does seem so far all those genius moves Bill got credit for were made possible by Tom's ability to make everyone much better then they are.

Don’t forget, for many of those years, Brady played on a contract below market value. That gave them a huge advantage.

its baaaaaston

say it right

cheetah

i was hoping to see some gifs of people shitting
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

PurpleFloyd wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:37 am Except BB was in what, three SBs as the architect of the defenses on those teams. His defense with the Giants was so far superior to anything Zimstone has done that it ends the debate right there.

2 SBs as DC for the Giants. 86 and 90.

Remove these players due to injury in ‘86:

Leonard Marshall
Lawrence Taylor
Harry Carson
Jim Burt

And replace Mark Collins and Perry Williams with rookie CBs.

I wonder how Belichick’s defense would have fared?

Now do the same in ‘90:

Eric Dorsey
Erik Howard
Pepper Johnson
Lawerence Taylor

^ out due to injury, Mark Collins and Everson Walls replaced with rookies.

Fact of the matter is, Belichick isn’t much of a coach unless he’s surrounded by great players.

^ proof
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

If Zimmer is such a great defensive coordinator why does his defense get so embarrassed in prime time games against playoff caliber teams during his tenure. And his history was the same in Cincy. Good against bad teams. Folds against good ones.
In Kwesi we trust.
hategreenticemase

PurpleFloyd wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:02 am

If Zimmer is such a great defensive coordinator why does his defense get so embarrassed in prime time games against playoff caliber teams during his tenure. And his history was the same in Cincy. Good against bad teams. Folds against good ones.
Yeah ok. Again, just feeding your narrative with hyperbolic conjecture. For every one you could list, I can list as many and more opposite examples. Good Lord.

For fuck sakes he even had some this year with absolute slop on D. How did such a terrible coordinate beat gb? Shutdown Seattle til Cousins gave them multiple red zone turnovers and was a gem.
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

Why do NFL teams even have coaches. All you need is great players.

^Proof
BlackDog

Post by BlackDog »

Belichick is the only coach in the league that won’t get fired. The Pats will have him resign first. But that isn’t going to happen one year after Brady left.
“Your boos mean nothing to me, I’ve seen what makes you cheer!”
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

laX wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:45 am
Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:54 am

its baaaaaston

say it right

cheetah

You're retaaadad.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
hategreenticemase

BlackDog wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:58 am Belichick is the only coach in the league that won’t get fired. The Pats will have him resign first. But that isn’t going to happen one year after Brady left.
No shit? :lol:

Who the hell is suggesting he could possibly be fired in the next fricken half decade even? :lol:
Bros Before Shiancoes

Post by Bros Before Shiancoes »

It’s far more outrageous. Hope that helps.
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

hategreenticemase wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:06 am

Yeah ok. Again, just feeding your narrative with hyperbolic conjecture. For every one you could list, I can list as many and more opposite examples. Good Lord.

For fuck sakes he even had some this year with absolute slop on D. How did such a terrible coordinate beat gb? Shutdown Seattle til Cousins gave them multiple red zone turnovers and was a gem.
Do it. Start naming the number of GMs in the league who have been at it longer than Spielman without a SB appearance. And the coaches with longer tenure on a single team than Zimmer without a SB appearance.

And as far as Seattle- didn’t cousins throw a TD to Theilen with hardly any time on the clock to take the lead only to have the defense pull another Zimchoke and give up a 93 yard TD drive with like 15 seconds left including giving up a 4th down conversion?
In Kwesi we trust.
hategreenticemase

PurpleFloyd wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:07 am

Do it. Start naming the number of GMs in the league who have been at it longer than Spielman without a SB appearance. And the coaches with longer tenure on a single team than Zimmer without a SB appearance.

And as far as Seattle- didn’t cousins throw a TD to Theilen with hardly any time on the clock to take the lead only to have the defense pull another Zimchoke and give up a 93 yard TD drive with like 15 seconds left including giving up a 4th down conversion?
Jesus Christ, dude. Who the hell said anything about "naming the number of GM's in the league who have been at it longer w/o a SB appearance"? I have never even hinted that and would NEVER take the time to look into it. Know why? Because as I have clearly already stated it is absolutely juvenile and simpleton way to look at it. As someone already pointed out to you in the last 8 years, 11 teams have made the SB. I guess 21 GM's better get fired this off season. :lol:

Winning the SB is incredibly hard. 6 teams have won it in 9 years. Just stop with this fn silliness.
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

hategreenticemase wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:59 am

Jesus Christ, dude. Who the hell said anything about "naming the number of GM's in the league who have been at it longer w/o a SB appearance"? I have never even hinted that and would NEVER take the time to look into it. Know why? Because as I have clearly already stated it is absolutely juvenile and simpleton way to look at it. As someone already pointed out to you in the last 8 years, 11 teams have made the SB. I guess 21 GM's better get fired this off season. :lol:

Winning the SB is incredibly hard. 6 teams have won it in 9 years. Just stop with this fn silliness.
Some GM's will get fired this offseason. Some did last year, some the year before. Of course its hard to win a SB. It's even harder when your coach isn't up to the task. It's not that I don't "like" Zimmer. It's that I don't like losing. If you are happy with average records and average coaching that's your prerogative. Just try to understand there are some fans with higher aspirations for the team.
In Kwesi we trust.
hategreenticemase

PurpleFloyd wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:27 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:59 am

Some GM's will get fired this offseason. Some did last year, some the year before. Of course its hard to win a SB. It's even harder when your coach isn't up to the task. It's not that I don't "like" Zimmer. It's that I don't like losing. If you are happy with average records and average coaching that's your prerogative. Just try to understand there are some fans with higher aspirations for the team.
That's a flawed assumption. You do NOT have higher aspirations for the team than I do. You don't. Don't assume that.

I am merely saying that cannot be the end all be all determination of whether its a good GM or not. Coach can be a little more "usable" determination, but still absolutely not the end all be all there either. Otherwise Bud Grant and Marv Levy would not be good coaches, and they are in the HOF.

My real point is, if RS had won a SB in 09, I still would want him fired numerous times the last several years. Meaning I dont need or want to use "he hasn't gotten us to SB even" as reason to fire him. I got plenty of bullets to use against him! :mrgreen: