Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Why I am glad Teddy is not a Viking

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
vikesbumeout
***Official Gibby Award Winner - August 2018***

Why I am glad Teddy is not a Viking

Post by vikesbumeout »

I love Teddy and always wish him the very best.

I watched a few minutes of the game tonight. The Panthers tried to pick up a 4th down by faking a handoff and having Teddy run the ball. He got tackled on the sideline and went down with his legs twisted in a pile. Then no Teddy. I know it was only a few seconds but my mind feared the worst for him. Thankful he was ok but every play like that as a Viking would make me cringe.
Last edited by vikesbumeout on Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liberals are always so confident in their ideas until history meets up with them
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: Why I am glad Teddy is not a Viking

Post by RubeTube »

Where are the morons with the "All Teddy does is win"

Blown out by a horrible team and sitting at 3-5

Passed for 117 yards and a td. Lulz.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Bogey Bob

Post by Bogey Bob »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:11 pm Where are the morons with the "All Teddy does is win"

Losing by 8 to the same “horrible team” that whooped our ass at home but with much less to work with?

Teddy > Kurt, nonetheless.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Bogey Bob wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:20 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:11 pm Where are the morons with the "All Teddy does is win"

Losing by 8 to the same “horrible team” that whooped our ass at home but with much less to work with?

Teddy > Kurt, nonetheless.
Ya because every single time the Panthers do something, it's all Teddy. They could win 3-0 and it would have nothing to do with the defense but all about Teddy.

Kirk could throw 5 tds the same week and fools here would say it was all Cook and the defense gave him good position.

No matter the feelings on Kirk, Pisswater isn't the starting QB you want if you actually want to win a championship.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

Infuriating to watch. Dink, dunk, dunk, jump ball, good pass, dink, dunk, dink, dunk, jump ball, dink, dunk, good pass.
40+ year Viking fan turned Packer fan turned J-E-T-S fan.
Bros Before Shiancoes

Post by Bros Before Shiancoes »

Can’t wait for Cunningham to express his awe at Teddy “almost” winning this game despite doing nothing, while downplaying playoff wins on the other side of the coin.
Thor11

Post by Thor11 »

It all makes sense why Viking fans are ok with mediocrity. Are you ppl still seriously defending Kirk Cousins, still tongue washing his jock strap? You ppl are delusional sad mother f'kers.
Life is on the wire...the rest is just waiting.
Bros Before Shiancoes

Thor11 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:04 am It all makes sense why Viking fans are ok with mediocrity. Are you ppl still seriously defending Kirk Cousins, still tongue washing his jock strap? You ppl are delusional sad mother f'kers.
Have you learned how to read, or at least asked your caregiver to fill you in on the subject of the thread?
vikesbumeout

Post by vikesbumeout »

I intended for this thread to be about empathy for Teddy's health.
Liberals are always so confident in their ideas until history meets up with them
Thor11

Post by Thor11 »

Bros Before Shiancoes wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:08 am
Thor11 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:04 am It all makes sense why Viking fans are ok with mediocrity. Are you ppl still seriously defending Kirk Cousins, still tongue washing his jock strap? You ppl are delusional sad mother f'kers.
Have you learned how to read, or at least asked your caregiver to fill you in on the subject of the thread?
Stop the sidestep BS there Wally. Someone mentioned in this thread about poor Kirk not getting respect. I felt the need to respond. My counterpoint stands. And fwiw, yes, I've read enough crap on this site to know how soft many posters are in here about tolerating mediocrity with this team. I been around way too long to feel to like meh. Talk contract, numbers and other nonsense about this team all you want, but bottom line is championships. Demand excellence or GTFO! And that means you too..if it applies.
Life is on the wire...the rest is just waiting.
Bros Before Shiancoes

Thor11 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:34 am
Bros Before Shiancoes wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:08 am
Stop the sidestep BS there Wally. Someone mentioned in this thread about poor Kirk not getting respect. I felt the need to respond. My counterpoint stands. And fwiw, yes, I've read enough crap on this site to know how soft many posters are in here about tolerating mediocrity with this team. I been around way too long to feel to like meh. Talk contract, numbers and other nonsense about this team all you want, but bottom line is championships. Demand excellence or GTFO! And that means you too..if it applies.
No, someone mentioned respect in comparison to Teddy, which is a vastly different topic than you’re here ranting about. Now then, explain how RT’s comment is incorrect.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Teddy is not horrible. He's about league average when it comes to his ability as a QB. He's a good leader and he can do enough to help a very good team win some games if he has a lot of help.

Anyone who thinks Teddy is more than that is simply overrating him.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

It just shows how shitty Cousins is that Teddy Bridgewater is still getting threads in here.

Both quarterbacks suck. Teddy was a hopeful rookie coming off his first full season as a starter. Made the playoffs and almost won. His window closed though and he is a lower to medium level quarterback who can manage a game. Lamar Jackson, his replacement at Louisville was way better there. But we preferred Cousins.

I would take Teddy over Cousins this season though because with the money we’d save and not being locked in we could have kept a few blue chippers we had to let walk.

It is all “if” and “what if” crap. Problem is that we don’t have a good quarterback and this is slated to be the same next season. Even if you draft a guy you can’t build anything now with Cousins’ contract going next year and beyond.
salamander

Post by salamander »

I was a massive Teddy fan and wanted him to be our pick in the draft. Held on for awhile that he's just a winner. Not anymore after the Saints got rid of him. He doesnt look like a game changing QB in Carolina either. Hope the best for him but Teddy was never the answer as much as we wanted to believe. He was just better than the trash that came before him.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Norn_Iron

Post by Norn_Iron »

If moneys a thing, then Teddy is far greater than Cousins. Sorry but I watched the Falcons game, Teddy had far less time than Cousins and generally worked through it.

Cousins throws the better highlight ball, Teddy is the better QB
Self praise is no praise. But i am pretty great...
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Norn_Iron wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:51 pm If moneys a thing, then Teddy is far greater than Cousins. Sorry but I watched the Falcons game, Teddy had far less time than Cousins and generally worked through it.

Agreed. My biggest issue with Bradford and Cousins has been exactly what you said. Teddy gets you the first downs and allows you to control the clock, but Cousins gives you the deep ball and highlight reel.

It would be amazing to have a quarterback who can do both. We got that with one year of Brett Favre. We will see a quarterback who can do both on Sunday. Rodgers even says facing Mike Zimmer’s defense is one of the hardest.

He means lucky we suck on offense or he’d lose. When we watch the game we will see too many short drives that allow Rodgers to control the clock on us.

Teddy, Gus, and Keenum were all quarterbacks who could give this team the win in time of possession. Rare highlights of deep throws, but more wins. Cousins and Bradford get fewer wins, but more highlights. Favre, Rodgers, Wilson give you both. Yet we paid Bradford and Cousins as if they could do both. I’ll take Teddy, Gus, or Keenum at the cheaper price, but more win column any day.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Teddy and Case at the same price >> Kurt Cousins
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
vikesbumeout

Post by vikesbumeout »

cunningham wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:34 am
Norn_Iron wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:51 pm If moneys a thing, then Teddy is far greater than Cousins. Sorry but I watched the Falcons game, Teddy had far less time than Cousins and generally worked through it.

Agreed. My biggest issue with Bradford and Cousins has been exactly what you said. Teddy gets you the first downs and allows you to control the clock, but Cousins gives you the deep ball and highlight reel.

It would be amazing to have a quarterback who can do both. We got that with one year of Brett Favre. We will see a quarterback who can do both on Sunday. Rodgers even says facing Mike Zimmer’s defense is one of the hardest.

He means lucky we suck on offense or he’d lose. When we watch the game we will see too many short drives that allow Rodgers to control the clock on us.

Teddy, Gus, and Keenum were all quarterbacks who could give this team the win in time of possession. Rare highlights of deep throws, but more wins. Cousins and Bradford get fewer wins, but more highlights. Favre, Rodgers, Wilson give you both. Yet we paid Bradford and Cousins as if they could do both. I’ll take Teddy, Gus, or Keenum at the cheaper price, but more win column any day.
Bradford's knees were done by the time we got him.......imo.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

vikesbumeout wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:29 pm

Which makes trading a first rounder the second to last death nail in Rick Spielman’s coffin here. I wanted Foles. I kept thinking KC was the team who wanted a player, but I really liked him before The Eagles traded him. I thought it was a dumb move for them to go after Bradford after the success they had with Foles. For Rick to not see that error a few years later and make that trade is just crazy it really set us back.
vikesbumeout

Post by vikesbumeout »

cunningham wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:44 pm
vikesbumeout wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:29 pm

Which makes trading a first rounder the second to last death nail in Rick Spielman’s coffin here. I wanted Foles. I kept thinking KC was the team who wanted a player, but I really liked him before The Eagles traded him. I thought it was a dumb move for them to go after Bradford after the success they had with Foles. For Rick to not see that error a few years later and make that trade is just crazy it really set us back.
I have never liked Rick. He is too slick for me. But as a fan I have all the reason i need to remove him.........win/loss record.
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

If you want the 12th best record in the NFL for the last decade Teddy is your man. If you want more than that then...umm...no
40+ year Viking fan turned Packer fan turned J-E-T-S fan.