Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Trade Mike Zimmer to the Cowboys?

A place to discuss the MN Vikings

Should the Vikings trade Mike Zimmer?

Yes, his time is over and we need new voice
82%
No, he has been good for us, he should stay
18%

Total votes: 17

UnFadeable21

Trade Mike Zimmer to the Cowboys?

Post by UnFadeable21 »

With the Cowboys imploding and the Vikings sinking, would you trade Mike Zimmer to the Dallas Cowboys for a 2nd round pick?
Finish the season with Gary Kubiak as interim head coach.

New GM and Coach in offseason.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
Beef Supreme

Re: Trade Mike Zimmer to the Cowboys?

Post by Beef Supreme »

Probably.

I like Mike and think he’s a good coach. But I want to draft one of the stud QB prospects next year and want an offensive guy at the helm for his development. 2nd round pick would help us either acquire that QB as part of a trade up or protect him by drafting an interior lineman.

I’m not a Zim hater. He had a good run with some good moments. I wish him well. He’s not in the Mike Tice/Leslie Frazier hall of failure. But it might be time for a change.

I doubt this happens, though.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
mancini199

Post by mancini199 »

i want zimmer gone asap..
Angry Waters

Post by Angry Waters »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:13 pm Probably.

I like Mike and think he’s a good coach. But I want to draft one of the stud QB prospects next year and want an offensive guy at the helm for his development. 2nd round pick would help us either acquire that QB as part of a trade up or protect him by drafting an interior lineman.

I’m not a Zim hater. He had a good run with some good moments. I wish him well. He’s not in the Mike Tice/Leslie Frazier hall of failure. But it might be time for a change.

Yeah, I'd do it to but I don't see it happening. Jerry Jones seems to be quite loyal with his head coaches--it seemed like Jason Garrett was on the proverbial hot seat every year and he remained. So, I'd be surprised if Jones moves on from McCarthy after one year.

Surprised to see you list Tice on the 'failure' list--he had nearly a .500 record. Considering he was dealing with the ultra-cheap ass Red McCombs at the time, I'd say that a bit of an over-achievement.
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

The cowboys aren't going to trade for Zimmer. That would be stupid. They may wait for him to get shitcanned as he most surely will but to think they would give something up for a coach with a worse record than the guy they have is laughable at best.
In Kwesi we trust.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Angry Waters wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:33 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:13 pm Probably.

Yeah, I'd do it to but I don't see it happening. Jerry Jones seems to be quite loyal with his head coaches--it seemed like Jason Garrett was on the proverbial hot seat every year and he remained. So, I'd be surprised if Jones moves on from McCarthy after one year.

Surprised to see you list Tice on the 'failure' list--he had nearly a .500 record. Considering he was dealing with the ultra-cheap ass Red McCombs at the time, I'd say that a bit of an over-achievement.
Tice was handcuffed, to be sure. But he was a buffoon. I sometimes liked his buffoonery, but he was a buffoon.

Randy ratio, love boat, super bowl ticket scandal, not getting draft card in on time, etc., all on his watch.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

PurpleFloyd wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:33 pm The cowboys aren't going to trade for Zimmer. That would be stupid. They may wait for him to get shitcanned as he most surely will but to think they would give something up for a coach with a worse record than the guy they have is laughable at best.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

Swap coaches and light a fire on McCarthy to win division title next year. :lol:
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

PurpleFloyd wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:33 pm The cowboys aren't going to trade for Zimmer. That would be stupid. They may wait for him to get shitcanned as he most surely will but to think they would give something up for a coach with a worse record than the guy they have is laughable at best.
You once again miss the point. First, there is NO indication, ZERO that Zimmer will be fired. In fact there is indication (with selling Yannick) that there will not be any firings. As inexplicable as that is, it sure seems like RS is safe and therefore, so is Zimmer as right time go let him go is right before bye.

Bigger point you are missing is as shitty as Dallas is, they still have a shot to make the playoffs. 7 fucking wins gets them to post season. I think it would actually be smart for them to trade for Zim. He isn't an upper level coach but he is pretty good at making a poor team competent and able to compete. He would make their defense better, probably make them more disciplined and less turnovers. It actually would be a decent move for them to make. Plus, hey, they have a horseshit OL so it would be just like coaching rhe purple! :lol:

All that said I can't envision they would give a 2. If that offer is made I'd run to the phone to make that deal.
Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Post by Night Train »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:13 pm

Fitting. The one game Cousins doesn't piss down his legs, he still fucks us.
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

hategreenticemase wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:33 am
You once again miss the point. First, there is NO indication, ZERO that Zimmer will be fired. In fact there is indication (with selling Yannick) that there will not be any firings. As inexplicable as that is, it sure seems like RS is safe and therefore, so is Zimmer as right time go let him go is right before bye.

Bigger point you are missing is as shitty as Dallas is, they still have a shot to make the playoffs. 7 fucking wins gets them to post season. I think it would actually be smart for them to trade for Zim. He isn't an upper level coach but he is pretty good at making a poor team competent and able to compete. He would make their defense better, probably make them more disciplined and less turnovers. It actually would be a decent move for them to make. Plus, hey, they have a horseshit OL so it would be just like coaching rhe purple! :lol:

All that said I can't envision they would give a 2. If that offer is made I'd run to the phone to make that deal.
The point you are missing is Zimmer has a decent team now and can't even make them look competent yet you say he can somehow do it with a poor one. Do you come up with this shit on your own or does someone help you? :lol:
In Kwesi we trust.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

PurpleFloyd wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:31 pm

The point you are missing is Zimmer has a decent team now and can't even make them look competent yet you say he can somehow do it with a poor one. Do you come up with this shit on your own or does someone help you? :lol:
Yes, when he has Pierce, Hunter, Barr, and does not ALL rookies or basically first year players playing cornerback he typically does pretty good with them. But acknowledging those facts doesn't fit the Ol P Floyd narrative that "Zimmer is a horsebleep coach". :lol:

Like I have said, I'm ready to move on from Zim. Need a new voice and I think Kubiak is part of the problem as well and they are linked, so just move on. You are trying way too hard on this Zimmer is some horrible coach BS.
Last edited by hategreenticemase on Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

I like Zimmer and think he is a great defensive coach.

I am good with him going so people here will shut up about this team being a defensive based team. Give the fans their offensive guru.

We shoulda kept Stefanski and traded Cousins and Zimmer.
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

hategreenticemase wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:26 pm
PurpleFloyd wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:31 pm

Yes, when he has Pierce, Hunter, Barr, and does not ALL rookies or basically first year players playing cornerback he typically does pretty good with them. But acknowledging those facts doesn't fit the Ol P Floyd narrative that "Zimmer is a horsebleep coach". :lol:

Like I have said, I'm ready to move on from Zim. Need a new voice and I think Kubiak is part of the problem as well and they are linked, so just move on. You are trying way too hard on this Zimmer is some horrible coach BS.
What are you talking about? I don’t have to try at all. He does all the work for me.
In Kwesi we trust.
Hole Nova Level

Post by Hole Nova Level »

Omg! Lol
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

I don't know Zimmer is much better than Mick, they both suck.

Dallas isn't firing McCarthy in his first year when the team has been dismantled by injuries.

Also, who cares about the bye week? This isn't a team that needs a extra week of preparation if they fire the HC. It isn't going anywhere. In fact, I think they are actually being smart enough to realize winning football games isn't the right choice. I don't think Zimmer is fired and I thoroughly expect him to be destroyed by Lafleur once again on Sunday.

At some point it's time to stop blaming the OCs. Zimmer has went through one almost every year since being here. Your boy that I laughed how much of a genius you went on about, Pat Shurmer had as lucky of a year as Keenum. Canned by the Giants before he even got started and is now the mastermind behind the Broncos juggernaut of an offense. :lol:

Move on from all these old guys please .
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Why would the Cowboys do this?

Obviously, you’d do this if you’re the Vikings.
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

I am sure the cowboys trio of wr would be ecstatic with bringing the modern day "ground chuck" Zimmer in as coach.