Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Since the Cousins haters...

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
hategreenticemase

Re: Since the Cousins haters...

Post by hategreenticemase »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:56 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:00 pm Are out in full force. I remind you that this offense is being run absolutely terribly. .

So here is a bet for any froobs wlling to take it.. Sign your name if you are willing.

Our next QB won't be as good as Cousins. Some of you are complete morons and think anyone will be better than you know, the guy with the 9th best rating of all time.

Hey Cunningham, how is Haskins doing in Washington? :lol: Uffda.

Am I saying it isn't time to move on from all of this? No.

But you tards do realize that this team usually has a worse QB than Cousins right? I mean, he the first guy who even played two consecutive seasons without missing a game since Fran. :lol:

Don't worry, the next one we get is going to be a sure fire HOFer. :lol:

And Cunningham, quit bumping old threads. You have spoke at nauseam how Rick missed out not drafting Dwayne Haskins :lol: and I don't care to bump it.

Cousins will do some wonderful things if he gets under the tutelage of Shannanhan in San Fran or McVay in LA.

No QB is succeeding here under Zims offense with this Oline.
No offense Pump, but we could make this exact thread about you and Mike Zimmer.
:lol:
hategreenticemase

Oriole81 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:29 am
Oriole81 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:22 am
hategreenticemase wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:19 am

I agree with all this but the issue i have is you underestimate how good this offense could / would be with two quality guards. Two quality guards would have absolutely helped this defense. It's a 38min top offense that gets 20 plus first downs and 24 plus points in my opinion. That DRAMATICALLY impacts the D.

We want to run the ball. We want to utilize kdc absolute strength, down field accuracy in play action. This offense would be special if we could can do both things. Non terrible guard play makes that possible if not likely.
I 100% agree on that, and only didn't emphasize that cuz I know you and I are already on the same page about the lack of devotion to the OL.
They had opportunities to either sign/trade for plug and play veterans as well as them passing up specific OL players early in the drafts that could have started from Day 1, and they actively chose not to.
and I'll add, that the draft day moves they passed up on, would have had zero impact on keeping the defense at the top. It would have cost them Mike Hughes (who was still a luxury pick) in 2018, Irv Smith or Alexander Mattison last year, and some combo of the 4th-7ths rd picks this year.

so the opportunity was there to keep the defense at #1 while still addressing the OL, and they just flat out didn't.
As much as I don't like Cousins, it really baffles me as to what they reasonably expected him to do.
Exactly. Spot on. The Mattison pick still pisses me off and I like the guy.
JigglyPuff

Post by JigglyPuff »

So is Zimmer and Kubiak responsible for Cousins throwing into triple and quadruple coverage?

Fucking dumbass!
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

JigglyPuff wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:11 pm So is Zimmer and Kubiak responsible for Cousins throwing into triple and quadruple coverage?

Fucking dumbass!
Well, you could say that...

*Spielman should have known when he signed Cousins that for him to be at his peak he needs a topline OL, and Spielman still actively did not provide that even though the opportunity was there. Had there been a better OL there would be less pressure on Cousins and he would have less opportunities to make dumb mistakes.
*Had Zimmer not let the defense regress (even slightly) and miss on multiple draft picks that could have supplemented what we had in 2017, then our offense would need to come from behind less, which is not Cousins' forte.
*Had Zim grown more as an overall HC and game manager like he was supposed to, then less of the burden would have had to be on Cousins in the first place.

Ultimately they all dropped the ball here and all should be gone.
My point was that I don't want to see either of Spielman or Zim try to throw Cousins under the bus to save their own ass. They all had expectations that needed to be delivered on, and they all failed.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

Pretty sure Kirk could make any OL look bad.
40+ year Viking fan turned Packer fan turned J-E-T-S fan.
hategreenticemase

Oriole81 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:25 pm
JigglyPuff wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:11 pm So is Zimmer and Kubiak responsible for Cousins throwing into triple and quadruple coverage?

Fucking dumbass!

*Spielman should have known when he signed Cousins that for him to be at his peak he needs a topline OL, and Spielman still actively did not provide that even though the opportunity was there. Had there been a better OL there would be less pressure on Cousins and he would have less opportunities to make dumb mistakes.
*Had Zimmer not let the defense regress (even slightly) and miss on multiple draft picks that could have supplemented what we had in 2017, then our offense would need to come from behind less, which is not Cousins' forte.
*Had Zim grown more as an overall HC and game manager like he was supposed to, then less of the burden would have had to be on Cousins in the first place.

My point was that I don't want to see either of Spielman or Zim try to throw Cousins under the bus to save their own ass. They all had expectations that needed to be delivered on, and they all failed.
Yeah, the Hughes pick was a killer. Wasnt there 2 or 3 lineman right after who would have been immediate starters?
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

hategreenticemase wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:34 pm

Fucking dumbass!

Yeah, the Hughes pick was a killer. Wasnt there 2 or 3 lineman right after who would have been immediate starters?
ESPN had James Daniels as the top rated player player on the board when we were on the clock, not Mike Hughes.
Daniels went high in the 2nd to the Bears.
Granted he tore his pec a few weeks ago and is done for the year now, but before that he was the #24 rated guard in the league, which is at least very solid.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
hategreenticemase

Oriole81 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:37 pm

ESPN had James Daniels as the top rated player player on the board when we were on the clock, not Mike Hughes.
Granted he tore his pec a few weeks ago and is done for the year now, but before that he was the #24 rated guard in the league, which is at least very solid.
We didnt need him. :lol:
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

JPM wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:28 pm Pretty sure Kirk could make any OL look bad.
haha, perhaps.
But if everything I just bulleted wasn't the case, then I'd at least feel better about one or both of Spielman and Zim sticking around. But when there's so many problems going on at all levels, then its hard to get excited about anyone coming back.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Most people had James Daniels slotted as a center during that draft process.

The Vikes had just taken Elflein who was decent as a rookie.

Obviously, it ended up where Daniels not only proved he could play guard, but play it pretty well... but I feel like this is worth mentioning.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:16 pm

Obviously, it ended up where Daniels not only proved he could play guard, but play it pretty well... but I feel like this is worth mentioning.
Perhaps, but isn't it also their job to look into stuff like that? It was pretty clear we had monumental problems on the OL going into that draft so they should have been expected to look into things like that. Add in the fact that Elflein also played guard at OH ST, means C could still be an option anyway for us to target.

But even taking Daniels away, Braden Smith went 37. He could have fit with us at guard.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Oriole81 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:17 pm
Ash Ketchum wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:16 pm

Perhaps, but isn't it also their job to look into stuff like that? It was pretty clear we had monumental problems on the OL going into that draft so they should have been expected to look into things like that. Add in the fact that Elflein also played guard at OH ST, means C could still be an option anyway for us to target.

But even taking Daniels away, Braden Smith went 37. He could have fit with us at guard.
Absolutely, and I’m not refuting your main point.

I just thought that bit was worth bringing up because I remember really liking Daniels that year but being unsure of his fit because almost everyone had him as a true center at that point.
Chromazz
Eats shit.

Post by Chromazz »

Cousins makes the entire team worse especially the line.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

He's playing like shit. How is it possible to not be a Cousins hater right now?
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
Hole Nova Level

Post by Hole Nova Level »

This thread could be Decker-like for Sergeant Rubetube