Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Yannick Traded to Ravens - 3rd & Conditional 5th

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Sid Hartman

Yannick Traded to Ravens - 3rd & Conditional 5th

Post by Sid Hartman »

RT @AdamSchefter: Vikings and Ravens finalizing a trade to send DE Yannick Ngakoue to Baltimore for a 2021 third-round pick and a 2022 conditional fifth-round pick, sources tell ESPN.

Vikings initially sent 2021 second-round pick and 2022 conditional fifth-round pick to Jags. Now get most back.
Last edited by Sid Hartman on Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
Oriole81

Re: Yannick Traded to Ravens

Post by Oriole81 »

Even reporting from the afterlife, you're still the first.
Impressive.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

So we gave up what will be a high second (although that wasn't the plan when we did it) for a low third. Great job Rick.

And before people say that the Vikings expected to be better, Rick surely knew that Hunter's season was in doubt. He also knew that Pierce was out. He knew they had rookie corners. Rick knew that this year's second round pick was going to be in the top part of the second round. Or he should have.

I hope this is the start of a major house-cleaning. For that, I would give Rick credit.
Last edited by Da Gas Man on Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Don't like it, but clearly they were intent on doing something.
That 2022 pick better be lightly protected, and have potential to easily get to a 3rd considering how good Baltimore should be as a team.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Oscar

Re: Yannick Traded to Ravens - 3rd & Conditional 5th

Post by Oscar »

This is Top 5 GM magic right here!

#Moist

:lol: :lol: :lol:
1.10.22: Never Forget! Zimmer and Spielman are done destroying the Vikings Organization!

Still can’t start a thread on this forum! Bozo’s hate the truth!
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Oscar wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:04 am This is Top 5 GM magic right here!

#Moist

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Surprised he couldn’t get them to toss in a 7th to be able to say he won the trade
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Don’t like it either, but I do like it as a symbol of the white flag being raised on the season.

I will still root for their success on game days. I can’t root for guys to miss tackles and drop passes. But losing is better than winning right now for the long term.

I expect to see vets time on the field to start being reduced and kids time increased.
Last edited by Beef Supreme on Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
bri

Post by bri »

I'd rather just keep him and try to extend him. On the other hand, hopefully this is the start to cleaning house.
Phrooster

Post by Phrooster »

Any used car salesman could do better than spiedledope
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:06 am Don’t like it either, but I do like it as a symbol of the white flag being raised on the season.

I will still root for their success on game days. I can’t root for guys to miss tackles and drop passes. But losing is better than winning right now for the long term.

I expect to see vets time on the field to start being reduced and kids time increased.
I hope what you say is true. Clean house and play the young guys. I'll believe it when I see it. I hope to see it.
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Oriole81 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:59 am Don't like it, but clearly they were intent on doing something.
That 2022 pick better be lightly protected, and have potential to easily get to a 3rd considering how good Baltimore should be as a team.
RT @AlbertBreer: The Ravens are sending a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional fifth-rounder in 2022 to Minnesota for Ngakoue. The condition: If Ngaukoe is a first-ballot Pro Bowler, the 2022 pick becomes a fourth-rounder.

(The Vikings, in essence, flipped a 2 for a 3 to take a shot on YN.)
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Da Gas Man wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:11 am
Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:06 am Don’t like it either, but I do like it as a symbol of the white flag being raised on the season.

I hope what you say is true. Clean house and play the young guys. I'll believe it when I see it. I hope to see it.
It’s too bad. I liked what I saw from him. He’s a little “boom/bust” on the field, but that’s okay.

Maybe they really like what they’re seeing from Odinegbo and maybe hunter is close to returning? I could be reading this whole situation wrong.

- Isaac Asimov
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Sid Hartman wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:13 am
Oriole81 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:59 am Don't like it, but clearly they were intent on doing something.
RT @AlbertBreer: The Ravens are sending a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional fifth-rounder in 2022 to Minnesota for Ngakoue. The condition: If Ngaukoe is a first-ballot Pro Bowler, the 2022 pick becomes a fourth-rounder.

(The Vikings, in essence, flipped a 2 for a 3 to take a shot on YN.)
High second for a late third. :mute:
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

RT @spotrac: The #Vikings will take on a $6.8M dead cap hit for 6 weeks of Yannick Ngakoue, who brings a $5.17M salary with him to the #Ravens.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-v ... oue-19018/
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

They should trade Anthony Harris now. Or listen on calls for Harrison Smith....... and Rudolph.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Dr. Linux

Post by Dr. Linux »

I was pretty excited to get him just for something new but was still on the fence about his overall impact. Giving up this early means you fucked up in the first place.
-

Got Root?
Hector

Post by Hector »

Da Gas Man wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:58 am So we gave up what will be a high second (although that wasn't the plan when we did it) for a low third. Great job Rick.

And before people say that the Vikings expected to be better, Rick surely knew that Hunter's season was in doubt. He also knew that Pierce was out. He knew they had rookie corners. Rick knew that this year's second round pick was going to be in the top part of the second round. Or he should have.

I hope this is the start of a major house-cleaning. For that, I would give Rick credit.
Yep.

I stopped posting in here after the Cousin's extension (except once a week ago) because I saw the writing on the wall...how didn't Rick?
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Alright next to go...who you got?

Riley Reiff
Anthony Harris
Harrison Smith
Kyle Rudolph
Adam Thielen
Other

You know Rick would give about anything to get a 2 back to save some face
Last edited by Sid Hartman on Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chuck North

Post by Chuck North »

Five sacks in six games.

You guys are like the keystone cops of the NFL.

Spoiler:
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

I was not impressed with Yannick. Fuck him.

Someone is going to overpay the fuck out of him next year, glad its not us.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:14 am

It’s too bad. I liked what I saw from him. He’s a little “boom/bust” on the field, but that’s okay.

Maybe they really like what they’re seeing from Odinegbo and maybe hunter is close to returning? I could be reading this whole situation wrong.
I don't think we could afford to bring back both Yannick and Odenigbo, but Odenigbo is going to be easier to re-sign long term. Not sure if that's better exactly, but is what it is.
Wonnum blowing up next year would help things alot though.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Oriole81 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:19 am
Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:14 am

I don't think we could afford to bring back both Yannick and Odenigbo, but Odenigbo is going to be easier to re-sign long term. Not sure if that's better exactly, but is what it is.
Wonnum blowing up next year would help things alot though.
Wonnum has shown up a little lately. I don’t know if he has a sack yet, but it seems like he’s been around the ball.

- Isaac Asimov
minnemike

Post by minnemike »

Da Gas Man wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:58 am So we gave up what will be a high second (although that wasn't the plan when we did it) for a low third. Great job Rick.

Dont forget it helps with the tank. He was starting to get sacks
D_H

Post by D_H »

Good

Trade Adam T now too
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

So in the end Rick gets his 3rd this year rather than next year as we could have let him walk for a 3rd rd comp pick next year
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I'm fine with moving him since they weren't going to resign him, and they suck really bad and this helps tank. However, they end up dropping nearly two full rounds in the draft for 6 games, and yet Spielman still somehow has a job.
Let's get Tropical
D_H

Post by D_H »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:16 am They should trade Anthony Harris now. Or listen on calls for Harrison Smith....... and Rudolph.
This

Better not win another game!!

Tank for Trevor!!!
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Does this mean we can use his salary to sign Kaepernick?
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Sid Hartman wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:26 am So in the end Rick gets his 3rd this year rather than next year as we could have let him walk for a 3rd rd comp pick next year
And even though the ravens are good, it will be a higher pick than a comp pick would be.

Plus the 5. Not nothing.

I’d rather have a 2, so overall this is a bust. But not one of epic proportions.

- Isaac Asimov
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

:lol: