Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Official trade thread

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
mlhouse

Re: Official trade thread

Post by mlhouse »

It is doubtful that any mid-season trades will be made. Last year there were a lot of deals made though so sometimes it happens. Some of these players could be important injury fill ins for contending teams. But, it is doubtful. Few teams will pay a premium to get a partial season of a high priced veteran player.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

mlhouse wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:18 pm It is doubtful that any mid-season trades will be made. Last year there were a lot of deals made though so sometimes it happens. Some of these players could be important injury fill ins for contending teams. But, it is doubtful. Few teams will pay a premium to get a partial season of a high priced veteran player.
Whoops!
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

RT @WillRagatz: Our @AlbertBreer reports that the #Vikings have "let teams know they'll listen on anyone" in potential trade talks. He mentions Kyle Rudolph, Pat Elflein, and Tajae Sharpe as names that he's heard teams asking about. https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/10/22/nfl-t ... le-covid19
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Sid Hartman wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:09 pm RT @WillRagatz: Our @AlbertBreer reports that the #Vikings have "let teams know they'll listen on anyone" in potential trade talks. He mentions Kyle Rudolph, Pat Elflein, and Tajae Sharpe as names that he's heard teams asking about. https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/10/22/nfl-t ... le-covid19
God damn I would shit pink if they moved Elfein. Then we could sign or draft a new shitty guard.

People calling on Rudolph is intriguing. Get her done!
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

hategreenticemase wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:30 pm
Sid Hartman wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:09 pm RT @WillRagatz: Our @AlbertBreer reports that the #Vikings have "let teams know they'll listen on anyone" in potential trade talks. He mentions Kyle Rudolph, Pat Elflein, and Tajae Sharpe as names that he's heard teams asking about. https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/10/22/nfl-t ... le-covid19
God damn I would shit pink if they moved Elfein. Then we could sign or draft a new shitty guard.

If he could get anything for those guys and also dump Rief and Harris that would be an accomplishment
Deep Purple

Post by Deep Purple »

If Cousins isn't traded then why bother
hategreenticemase

Sid Hartman wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:33 pm

If he could get anything for those guys and also dump Rief and Harris that would be an accomplishment
Reiff i would think net a quality pick under right circumstances. Are any good teams dealing with T injury right now? Cowboys are decimated, and somehow in 1st place - maybe we could fleece them for a change.

How about Reiff, Cousins and a 4th for Dak! :lol:
Florida Guy

Post by Florida Guy »

hategreenticemase wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:16 pm

Reiff i would think net a quality pick under right circumstances. Are any good teams dealing with T injury right now? Cowboys are decimated, and somehow in 1st place - maybe we could fleece them for a change.

Titans lost LT Lewan for the year. And I guess he was having a doozy of a year.
hategreenticemase

Florida Guy wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:20 pm

Ooh. There you go. What's max we could get?
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

hategreenticemase wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:26 pm

Maybe a 3, likely a 4
hategreenticemase

Sid Hartman wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:41 pm

Maybe a 3, likely a 4
I wish we would get creative - could you do Reiff, a 4th and a 5th for a 2nd?

Really sux we don't have a 2nd. And really really such we won't have the 2nd that it will end up being. Fn wrong year to trade a 2nd, it will essentially be a low 1.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Tank for Trevor!! Or Trey
Florida Guy

Post by Florida Guy »

Wade Boggs and a side of rice pilaf. But it would offload cash that would make it easier to stomach cutting Cousins.
hategreenticemase

Florida Guy wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:22 pm

Wade Boggs and a side of rice pilaf. But it would offload cash that would make it easier to stomach cutting Cousins.
I'd love to get creative and find a way to get a 2nd now. Even something like Reiff, 21 5th and 22 3rd for a 21 2nd.

It would be great if we can trade Reiff and Rudolph. I dont know what we stand to get for Harris but I'd like him gone also unless the compensatory would be better. Would be great for 10 games to develop a kid at S and see if we have something.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

If we don't make any more deals. It should be viewed as a failure.
Florida Guy

Post by Florida Guy »

hategreenticemase wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:45 am

I'd love to get creative and find a way to get a 2nd now. Even something like Reiff, 21 5th and 22 3rd for a 21 2nd.

It would be great if we can trade Reiff and Rudolph. I dont know what we stand to get for Harris but I'd like him gone also unless the compensatory would be better. Would be great for 10 games to develop a kid at S and see if we have something.
Cowboys need help at LT and FS. give em Harris and Reiff for a 2nd. My guess is that’s fair but it’s tough to say because we don’t have a lot of past trades to judge off of.
hategreenticemase

Florida Guy wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:18 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:45 am

Cowboys need help at LT and FS. give em Harris and Reiff for a 2nd. My guess is that’s fair but it’s tough to say because we don’t have a lot of past trades to judge off of.
I dont see them giving a 2nd for that, but maybe if we threw in Zim and a 5th!
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

We should be trading all of the vets who are coming up for contracts that we won’t be able to pay. Getting any value today vs none after the season is just a smart move in a season where we are going nowhere. Get every pick you can and have a strong rebuild next year with younger, cheaper players. Plus the vets that are here have a right to go to a team that actually has a shot at winning a SB
In Kwesi we trust.
Florida Guy

Post by Florida Guy »

PurpleFloyd wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:15 pm We should be trading all of the vets who are coming up for contracts that we won’t be able to pay. Getting any value today vs none after the season is just a smart move in a season where we are going nowhere. Get every pick you can and have a strong rebuild next year with younger, cheaper players. Plus the vets that are here have a right to go to a team that actually has a shot at winning a SB
I agree and I’d take it one step further. The D is in a total rebuild. Anyone not named Kendricks or Hunter (assuming we can make him feel loved), are available. The more cash we get rid of, the easier it’ll be for the Wilf’s to stomach a bunch of guaranteed money that’s owed to Cousins.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

This Twitter has to be Sergeant Rubetube.

Do teams call us and say, “we are looking for the shittiest guard in the league to trade for...”

“We know Rudy is old and has caught like two passes this season, can we trade some draft picks for him?”
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

PurpleFloyd wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:15 pm We should be trading all of the vets who are coming up for contracts that we won’t be able to pay. Getting any value today vs none after the season is just a smart move in a season where we are going nowhere. Get every pick you can and have a strong rebuild next year with younger, cheaper players. Plus the vets that are here have a right to go to a team that actually has a shot at winning a SB
We should, but RS likes to keep guys here until we can get nothing for them. You never know when you might get another 7th round compensatory draft pick!
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

mglviks wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:13 pm If we don't make any more deals. It should be viewed as a failure.
25 min til deadline..

Come on Rick. Where's your slick now?
Deep Purple

Post by Deep Purple »

Trouble is the over priced veterans that Rick wants to trade have very little value. If Rick wants more than a 5th for these guys well thats too much
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

I would be okay giving someone value to take Rudy and his terrible contract off our hands.

Rudy and a 5th for a 7th would've been just fine.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

mglviks wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:48 am I would be okay giving someone value to take Rudy and his terrible contract off our hands.

wait, I'm confused.
He's unguaranteed next year and we would have the same dead cap hit if we traded him vs if we just flat out released him, so what would be the point of doing a trade like that when we could just release him?

Are you saying you would have done it at the deadline to just save the $3.5M of his leftover salary for this year?
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Oriole81 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:53 am
mglviks wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:48 am I would be okay giving someone value to take Rudy and his terrible contract off our hands.

wait, I'm confused.
He's unguaranteed next year and we would have the same dead cap hit if we traded him vs if we just flat out released him, so what would be the point of doing a trade like that when we could just release him?

Are you saying you would have done it at the deadline to just save the $3.5M of his leftover salary for this year?
Didnt realize it wasn't guaranteed. My bad then.