Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Cousins contract - Mlhouse or any cap guru

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
cunningham

Re: Cousins contract - Mlhouse or any cap guru

Post by cunningham »

Bros Before Shiancoes wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:37 am
cunningham wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:38 pm
Bros Before Shiancoes wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:53 pm
But I like that. I think the Tampa-2 with WCO can get you a championship. The right quarterback is essential. It has to be a high percentage quarterback because of things like run after the catch and clock control. Power running and wearing teams down. Teddy looked to be growing into that.

Wilson is that, but so much more. Favre. Even Keenum had this luck. They worked within the a version of WCO.

Cousins and Bradford are not good .
Cousins has a higher career completion percentage than Teddy so I guess that’s out.
Teddy is a guy who showed a lot of possibilities early, but with the injury and time out of football never progressed beyond placeholder. He improved from year 1 to 2 and his last big bomb gave hope, but the hope broke with his knee.

That was the critical juncture that derailed this franchise though. How a team responds to something like that really determines their future. Spielman should have brought in someone much cheaper and drafted a quarterback in the next draft. He is the king of “all-in” and “gotta win now while AP is in his prime.” That philosophy has led us to where we are today.

Totally hopeless and in cap hell. Spielman has to go!
RM22

Post by RM22 »

Look it up Dummy
RM22

Post by RM22 »

Doesn't understand the salary cap. But always talks like he does. Yet asks others for help.

Can't. Make. It. Up.
Bros Before Shiancoes

Post by Bros Before Shiancoes »

cunningham wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:27 am
cunningham wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:38 pm

But I like that. I think the Tampa-2 with WCO can get you a championship. The right quarterback is essential. It has to be a high percentage quarterback because of things like run after the catch and clock control. Power running and wearing teams down. Teddy looked to be growing into that.

Wilson is that, but so much more. Favre. Even Keenum had this luck. They worked within the a version of WCO.

Cousins and Bradford are not good .
Cousins has a higher career completion percentage than Teddy so I guess that’s out.
Teddy is a guy who showed a lot of possibilities early, but with the injury and time out of football never progressed beyond placeholder. He improved from year 1 to 2 and his last big bomb gave hope, but the hope broke with his knee.

That was the critical juncture that derailed this franchise though. How a team responds to something like that really determines their future. Spielman should have brought in someone much cheaper and drafted a quarterback in the next draft. He is the king of “all-in” and “gotta win now while AP is in his prime.” That philosophy has led us to where we are today.

You figured what, on a trajectory for about 80% completion percentage, give or take? Because your contention was that accuracy is what he had on Kirk. Well, Kirk’s is higher, and neither are slouches in that category. Time to move to the next point.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

RM22 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:30 am Doesn't understand the salary cap. But always talks like he does. Yet asks others for help.

Can't. Make. It. Up.
Spewing garbage, like every day, and now apparently is orange. "in the penalty box". Sorry, thats 3 posts to you in one day, so I gotta be out now. :lol:
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

RM22 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:09 am It gets even better. Why would the Dolphins trade Fitzpatrick? They are playing great with him. And have a chance to win that division.

But I'm sure the dummy doesn't watch anything but the Vikings. Nor did he back up such a stupid claim by even looking at the AFC East standings.

Baphoon!
Bro...
hategreenticemase

Ash Ketchum wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:44 am
RM22 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:09 am It gets even better. Why would the Dolphins trade Fitzpatrick? They are playing great with him. And have a chance to win that division.

But I'm sure the dummy doesn't watch anything but the Vikings. Nor did he back up such a stupid claim by even looking at the AFC East standings.

Baphoon!
Bro...
:lol:

Hey, did you change your name to Ash Ketchup? :lol:

Of all the fucksticks garbage, that is my fave one. Man, he sure got ya with that sick burn! :mrgreen:

P.S. He is fn orange now. How he still can login is beyond me. :lol:
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Bros Before Shiancoes wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:40 am

You figured what, on a trajectory for about 80% completion percentage, give or take? Because your contention was that accuracy is what he had on Kirk. Well, Kirk’s is higher, and neither are slouches in that category. Time to move to the next point.
Kirk is at 64% right now and his highest for a season was 68% his first year here. It isn’t just that stat though. I don’t and have never bought into Kirk’s stats. They are inflated because of how he plays. People have caught on though.

Zimmer looked damn good when Keenum was in there. With Keenum he got the first downs when needed to control the clock. That is the main priority. Someone could have an 80% completion rate and still not control time of possession or make the throws when most needed in the game. If he throws a ton late against prevent defenses the stats are padded.

Look at the time of possession by year and everything will make sense. Want me to list by year the TOP and the quarterbacks we had?
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

hategreenticemase wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:42 am
RM22 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:30 am Doesn't understand the salary cap. But always talks like he does. Yet asks others for help.

Can't. Make. It. Up.
Spewing garbage, like every day, and now apparently is orange. "in the penalty box". Sorry, thats 3 posts to you in one day, so I gotta be out now. :lol:
What did he do to turn orange? Why not use the regular name, or is that one blocked?
Bros Before Shiancoes

cunningham wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:59 am

Kirk is at 64% right now and his highest for a season was 68% his first year here. It isn’t just that stat though. I don’t and have never bought into Kirk’s stats. They are inflated because of how he plays. People have caught on though.

Zimmer looked damn good when Keenum was in there. With Keenum he got the first downs when needed to control the clock. That is the main priority. Someone could have an 80% completion rate and still not control time of possession or make the throws when most needed in the game. If he throws a ton late against prevent defenses the stats are padded.

Look at the time of possession by year and everything will make sense. Want me to list by year the TOP and the quarterbacks we had?
Teddy’s highest with the Vikings was 65.3%
Kirk’s highest with the Vikings was 70.1%

Why have you bought into Teddy’s stats?
hategreenticemase

cunningham wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:01 am

Can't. Make. It. Up.
What did he do to turn orange? Why not use the regular name, or is that one blocked?
I have no idea. I saw something saying orange means "in penalty box". No fn clue what that means. Then again, not being problem children not sure how your or I would know.

Regular name? I dont know what you mean. You do realize between the two sites he literally has been banned well over 50 times and had dozens and dozens and dozens of different screen names, right?
Bros Before Shiancoes

2017:
334 first downs
100 rushing
96 passing
38 by penalty
Opponent first downs 260

2018:
310 first downs
66 rushing
218 passing
26 by penalty
Opponent first downs 303

2019:
314 first downs
106 rushing
171 passing
37 by penalty
Opponent first downs 324

Next point please.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Bros Before Shiancoes wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:11 am

Teddy’s highest with the Vikings was 65.3%
Kirk’s highest with the Vikings was 70.1%

Why have you bought into Teddy’s stats?
I thought Teddy was higher than that because it was so touted at the time. It doesn’t matter how great a player gets with that stat if 30% of the misses are on 3rd down when it matters most. Kirk has great looking stats, but we have learned they come from late in the game.

My observation watching every game this team has played is that during Rick’s tenure Gus, Brett, Teddy, and Keenum did a good job of extending drives at critical junctures. I would even say that for stretches that Ponder did OK enough in that category, but he sucked.

Early in the game when we need to control the ball the ideal would be what we saw in Seattle. It is just such an advantage when you own the TOP early in a game, but for whatever reason Kirk does this rarely. Maybe it takes him time to settle down? He just isn’t consistent and many teams know how to totally shut him down. Especially this year.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

hategreenticemase wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:11 am
cunningham wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:01 am

I have no idea. I saw something saying orange means "in penalty box". No fn clue what that means. Then again, not being problem children not sure how your or I would know.

Regular name? I dont know what you mean. You do realize between the two sites he literally has been banned well over 50 times and had dozens and dozens and dozens of different screen names, right?
I know a few, but it is hard to keep up. I try not to think about it too much, which makes me easy pickings for trolls. Although, without some trolls and their tons of accounts this place would be dead most of the year.

Someone should start a thread to list old names from the old board and new names here. I seem to remember many people by their avatars. Beefcake and Cartman, MinneMike and the weird hair. There was a purple named guy who was good like purple haze or something. Sucks that people switch names. I went by Cunningham, then in like 08 when we all lost our old accounts I went to Cunningham1.

Derps was legendary until his personal info was shared.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Bump.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
KirkDCousins4ever

Post by KirkDCousins4ever »

As the grand and glorious Rube Tube says, "Pay the MAN! He is a bargain at twice the price!"
TNVikingfan

Post by TNVikingfan »

Can't. Make. It. Up.
Garbage? "Mlhouse, what is our cap situation next year?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DAF
Bros Before Shiancoes

TNVikingfan wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:04 am

Can't. Make. It. Up.
Garbage? "Mlhouse, what is our cap situation next year?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DAF
Just. Can’t. Walk. Away.

:lol:
TNVikingfan

Post by TNVikingfan »

That didn't take long!

Just cant walk away is a Tice line. Its not about leaving the board dummy. Its about leaving me alone. Which neither of you two jagoffs can do.
Bros Before Shiancoes

TNVikingfan wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:10 am That didn't take long!

Just cant walk away is a Tice line. Its not about leaving the board dummy. Its about leaving me alone. Which neither of you two jagoffs can do.
Oh, thanks for providing me with your definition. Don’t care. I used it because you can’t walk away, which makes you saying it funny. Also, can’t leave you alone? Who were your two last posts directed at?
TNVikingfan

Post by TNVikingfan »

Bros Before Shiancoes wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:13 am

Oh, thanks for providing me with your definition. Don’t care. I used it because you can’t walk away, which makes you saying it funny.
Why should I leave the board? If you go back i never attacked anyone. I was banned for using innaporpriate languge. Basically using the F word.

LOL you responded to me dummy.
Bros Before Shiancoes

TNVikingfan wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:15 am
Bros Before Shiancoes wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:13 am

Oh, thanks for providing me with your definition. Don’t care. I used it because you can’t walk away, which makes you saying it funny.
Why should I leave the board? If you go back i never attacked anyone. I was banned for using innaporpriate languge. Basically using the F word.

LOL you responded to me dummy.
Yeah, and who were your first 2 posts today directed at dummy?
TNVikingfan

Post by TNVikingfan »

Because he is DAF.

I was merlery responding to him because he quoted me. Saying I spewed garbage. Yet he makes a thread on the said topic I supposedly spewed.

I'm disappointed. You are usually better than this. Not enough coffee?
Bros Before Shiancoes

TNVikingfan wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:20 am Because he is DAF.

I was merlery responding to him because he quoted me. Saying I spewed garbage. Yet he makes a thread on the said topic I supposedly spewed.

You responded to something he said a month and a half ago. That’s not you responding, that’s you coming in to go after him. Because you just can’t walk away.
TNVikingfan

Post by TNVikingfan »

Bros Before Shiancoes wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:23 am

You responded to something he said a month and a half ago. That’s not you responding, that’s you coming in to go after him. Because you just can’t walk away.
I was in the pentaly box for a month and a half. Oh yeah, He is the victim here. :lol:

I responded to this because of the thread he made yesterday. He is DAF.
TNVikingfan

Post by TNVikingfan »

Tell you what Bros. I leave you alone, you leave me alone. I don't need your help in any way. And Hates doesn't (He does) need your help, but let him and I hash it out. He is DAF.
hategreenticemase

TNVikingfan wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:24 am

I was in the pentaly box for a month and a half. Oh yeah, He is the victim here. :lol:

Train, the victim is all the normal, decent rubes who are here to talk football. A grown fucking man literally banned so many times that he has over 100 screen names he has used. Who gets a hard on from coming to a message board and pissing people off and who never stops until the Admin stops him. Its so mind boggling that someone can be that pathetic that its almost hard to believe its true. Yet, here you are. Again.

I aint doing this with your dumbass, so I am out. Hopefully you are banned. Again.
Bros Before Shiancoes

Are you suggesting YOU’RE the victim? Because you had to wait until you were unbanned?
TNVikingfan

Post by TNVikingfan »

A grown man still name calling. Brining up the past over and over to get his "Jolly" by "Mocking" people.

First it was 50 screen names. Now it's 100. No DAF. It RM22 and TNVikingfan. You should be banned.

Never once had an orginal thought. Other than his High School Prom where he liked seeing Jerry Burns dink.
TNVikingfan

Post by TNVikingfan »

hategreenticemase wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:29 am

Train, the victim is all the normal, decent rubes who are here to talk football. A grown fucking man literally banned so many times that he has over 100 screen names he has used. Who gets a hard on from coming to a message board and pissing people off and who never stops until the Admin stops him. Its so mind boggling that someone can be that pathetic that its almost hard to believe its true. Yet, here you are. Again.

I aint doing this with your dumbass, so I am out. Hopefully you are banned. Again.
You promise DAF?

We'll see how long it last this time.

Once I start talking football, you will jump in (Like you do every thread) and be the big dumb bully you are.

I got news for you DAF. This AINT your message board.