Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Sick of the Vikings!

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
cunningham

Sick of the Vikings!

Post by cunningham »

What other team can I watch this season?

Baltimore and Lamar Jackson? KC and Mahoney with Reid. I can’t stomach the Packers. Maybe the Bears with Foles is kind of exciting because I think we should have brought him in here a long to me ago. Teddy is not looking that great in Carolina and hit his ceiling.

I need to watch something else or I won’t be able to stomach football.
cunningham

Re: Sick of the Vikings!

Post by cunningham »

Stefanski in Cleveland or maybe The Bengals and our entire secondary?
Why Not Us

Post by Why Not Us »

cunningham wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:34 pm Baltimore and Lamar Jackson? KC and Mahoney with Reid.

Who is this new Mahoney guy you speak of?
"You're not going to get Covid if you have these vaccinations." - Joe Biden, July 2021
RM22

Post by RM22 »

cunningham wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:34 pm What other team can I watch this season?

Baltimore and Lamar Jackson? KC and Mahoney with Reid. I can’t stomach the Packers. Maybe the Bears with Foles is kind of exciting because I think we should have brought him in here a long to me ago. Teddy is not looking that great in Carolina and hit his ceiling.

I need to watch something else or I won’t be able to stomach football.
Brady and the Bucs. Even Rodgers and the Fudge.

Jackson still cannot pass worth a shit. Douche cost me a 3 team parlay today.
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

KC is a fun watch but it will make you feel like a front runner.
Why Not Us

Post by Why Not Us »

Da Gas Man wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:43 pm KC is a fun watch but it will make you feel like a front runner.
Actually when I watch them the last couple years it makes me see how far off the Vikings are away from them on a talent perspective.

Then I see how much better coaches they all have who draw up creative plays, from the Chiefs / Ravens game a couple weeks back:
Why Not Us wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:51 pm
Why Not Us wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:21 pm The NFL isn't about high percentage QBs anymore, it's about putting points on the board, creativity on offense and the coaching philosophy of a Zimmer team is 1980s / 1980s.
I've watched the Chiefs draw up an inside underhand screen pass to their FB tonight for a TD.
I've watched the Chiefs draw up a pass to former 1st overall offensive tackle Eric Fisher tonight for a TD.
"You're not going to get Covid if you have these vaccinations." - Joe Biden, July 2021
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Da Bears
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

Tannehill won me a couple seasons of fantasy a while ago and I felt he deserved better than Miami. I'm rooting for Big Henry and Tanneboy.
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

Why Not Us wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:51 pm
Da Gas Man wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:43 pm KC is a fun watch but it will make you feel like a front runner.
Actually when I watch them the last couple years it makes me see how far off the Vikings are away from them on a talent perspective.

Then I see how much better coaches they all have who draw up creative plays, from the Chiefs / Ravens game a couple weeks back:
Why Not Us wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:51 pm
Why Not Us wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:21 pm The NFL isn't about high percentage QBs anymore, it's about putting points on the board, creativity on offense and the coaching philosophy of a Zimmer team is 1980s / 1980s.
I've watched the Chiefs draw up an inside underhand screen pass to their FB tonight for a TD.
I've watched the Chiefs draw up a pass to former 1st overall offensive tackle Eric Fisher tonight for a TD.
I agree entirely.
Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Post by Night Train »

Hitching my wagon to KC (bandwagon, I know), but I have Mahomes on my FF team. It's fun to watch a QB that knows how to win. I also like to root for the Patriots, and I think it would be neat for Brady to win in TB, if his status as GOAT isn't already cemented (which it should be), there would be no doubt ever if he pulls that off.

KC, Patriots, or TB.
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

shoteh wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:08 pm Tannehill won me a couple seasons of fantasy a while ago and I felt he deserved better than Miami. I'm rooting for Big Henry and Tanneboy.
I like watching Tennessee. That’s a solid, hard nose football team
In Kwesi we trust.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Why Not Us wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:37 pm
cunningham wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:34 pm Baltimore and Lamar Jackson? KC and Mahoney with Reid.

Who is this new Mahoney guy you speak of?
Autocorrect.
CasualObserverGuy

Post by CasualObserverGuy »

Seattle and Tennessee will be my alternate teams this year. Seattle is my usual default backup team because of the best man from my wedding being a big SeaHawks fan, in fact he was wearing a Seattle hoodie the day I met him in Fargo in 2003, so definitely not a recent success bandwagoner.

Otherwise Bills?? It might finally be their year with Brady out of their division.
Jesus threw the money changers out of the Temple in Jerusalem. We need to throw the bankers out of Washington.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

I've never hated the Bears as much as I probably should, but my dark horse is Miami. I think they're on the rise and they've got Houstons #1 pick, which could be the #1 overall.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:17 pm I've never hated the Bears as much as I probably should, but my dark horse is Miami. I think they're on the rise and they've got Houstons #1 pick, which could be the #1 overall.
Cant wait until Tua takes over. He has been one of my favorite QBs to watch in cf since Mariota.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Bucs have 2 former Gophers - one killing it since Week 1 with another hitting his stride.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

I always root for the Browns and Bills. I feel like they're as deserving as the Vikes. Lions, too.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
laX

Post by laX »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:57 pm I always root for the Browns and Bills. I feel like they're as deserving as the Vikes. Lions, too.
why are they deserving?
because of their history of misery?

me... i always root for the ones rising up to the challenge of my rivals.
i was hoping to see some gifs of people shitting
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Slap Shot wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:25 pm Bucs have 2 former Gophers - one killing it since Week 1 with another hitting his stride.
All in favor of Tampa winning it all. Loved Johnson and Winfield Jr with the Gophers.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

laX wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:10 pm
DonaldDouchebag wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:57 pm I always root for the Browns and Bills. I feel like they're as deserving as the Vikes. Lions, too.
why are they deserving?

Yeah, I like the misery angle. Iwould say the Bills are my tops, for sure. I like Buffalo and have briefly visited twice - I'm actually not a big Ohio fan.

Also a closet Pats fan.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:04 pm
laX wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:10 pm
why are they deserving?

Yeah, I like the misery angle. Iwould say the Bills are my tops, for sure. I like Buffalo and have briefly visited twice - I'm actually not a big Ohio fan.

Also a closet Pats fan.
Buffalo, Ohio

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Buffa ... E3oECBQQAQ
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

My second team (Really don't have one) would be the Lions. So I would go from a loser to a loser.

At least Gopher Football is starting soon.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

I kind of enjoy watching the Vikings with no expectations
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

The Titans for me also. Love their DT's Casey and Simmons.
Fortune Tellers Make a Killing Nowadays
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Sarge wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:46 pm The Titans for me also. Love their DT's Casey and Simmons.
The Titans are what we were supposed to be, so easy one for me to cheer for as well.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Play fantasy. You get to enjoy football and not really care if the Vikings suck.
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

Vikings still hold entertainment value for me. Cook, Jefferson, Thielen, Kendricks are fun to watch.

Train wrecks are entertaining for me too, so there's that aspect.
Fortune Tellers Make a Killing Nowadays
Face The Facts

Post by Face The Facts »

I'm pulling for all the non-Super Bowl teams.
Browns, Detroit, Bills, etc.

Eventually Wilf's will realize what a failure they have been as owners and hopefully sell to someone who can run an organization properly.

The Fords in Detroit are too stubborn and dumb to solve their own problems (as is the case with GM / Owners in Cincy, Dallas, and Washington).
Florida Guy

Post by Florida Guy »

Night Train wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:17 pm Hitching my wagon to KC (bandwagon, I know), but I have Mahomes on my FF team. It's fun to watch a QB that knows how to win. I also like to root for the Patriots, and I think it would be neat for Brady to win in TB, if his status as GOAT isn't already cemented (which it should be), there would be no doubt ever if he pulls that off.

KC, Patriots, or TB.
Minnesota sports fans have earned the right to be bandwagon fans of other teams.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Face The Facts wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:32 pm I'm pulling for all the non-Super Bowl teams.
Browns, Detroit, Bills, etc.

Eventually Wilf's will realize what a failure they have been as owners and hopefully sell to someone who can run an organization properly.

The Fords in Detroit are too stubborn and dumb to solve their own problems (as is the case with GM / Owners in Cincy, Dallas, and Washington).
I think the Wilfs have stayed too loyal to Rick Spielman and he has overstayed his welcome. If there were fans we’d be looking at blackouts at this point. 1-5 with Cook out and Cousins flailing around. They are lucky it is a pandemic and that stadium is empty.

They have to fire Spielman to send a message. If they keep him and he gets to pick next year I am done with this team.

I just cannot take another draft passing and not taking a quarterback. Retreads don’t work. My whole life has been retread after another. There were a few years where he actually tried to build with TJoke (but come on - really not gonna draft another guy and give him 3 years?), Ponder and Webb (a reach and a guy slated to be a WR), and Teddy (whose knee broke after his first full year as a starter).

You miss all the swings you don’t take.

I need to watch a different team, but now watch them win and go 8-8. Then another offseason of we just need an offensive line.