Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Fire Rick Spielman Now!

A place to discuss the MN Vikings

Is it Time to Clean House?

Yes, this regime has had enough time
91%
No, this regime is good, the qb is at fault
9%

Total votes: 35

UnFadeable21

Re: Fire Rick Spielman Now!

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Spielman Interview After Yannick Trade

“No one thinks the season’s over right now . . . You want to win as many games as we can, and that’s going to be our objective for this year. But also, when you have an opportunity to continue to add, with the 15 draft picks, you’re seeing most of them having to play right now,” Spielman said,

Spielman noted the team has three straight division games coming up after the bye and that they’ll find out “pretty quick” if there’s a chance of salvaging the season. He said that remains the priority despite a trade that’s clearly not designed to help the team in the short term.

Rick Spielman on Kirk Cousins: "I don’t have any doubt that he’s going to be able to rally. ... I don't think anyone has lost any faith in Kirk Cousins."

Rick Spielman on Vikings ownership: "I'm in constant communication with our ownership on almost a daily basis.

Rick Spielman on whether he's worried about the Vikings losing interest in the season:

"None whatsoever. ... I don’t have any doubt with coach Zimmer's leadership that this team wants to win."

Rick Spielman said no Vikings veterans have asked to be traded.
Last edited by UnFadeable21 on Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
Deep Purple

Post by Deep Purple »

The Yannick trade is almost Rick saying "Wilfs please fire me today!"
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Spielman said Kirk is gonna rally the team and save season 😆🤣
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:18 pm Spielman said Kirk is gonna rally the team and save season 😆🤣
For real?

So if Baker gets benched in Cleveland for Keenum and Teddy keeps his stats well above Kirk how does that make Rick look?

I didn't even know Keenum was on a squad this year and then I caught in a ticker he might start over Baker. Teddy going 3-3....

If Rick said that it shows just how clueless this team is.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

I'm sure those are just boiler plate answers.
He has to say something.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

cunningham wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:49 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:18 pm Spielman said Kirk is gonna rally the team and save season 😆🤣
For real?

So if Baker gets benched in Cleveland for Keenum and Teddy keeps his stats well above Kirk how does that make Rick look?

I didn't even know Keenum was on a squad this year and then I caught in a ticker he might start over Baker. Teddy going 3-3....

If Rick said that it shows just how clueless this team is.
Look at the Rick Spielman Interview I posted on this 3rd page.

Dude is clueless and is trying to save his job.
Deep Purple

Post by Deep Purple »

Vikings fans should boycott the team until he is fired
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Deep Purple wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:15 pm Vikings fans should boycott the team until he is fired
Imagine that huge stadium empty of fans! :D

I think they leave Spielman and Zimmer in there to run this right into the ground. I wouldn't want the team to suddenly be motivated to win.

If we do blow chunks, get a high draft pick, and keep Spielman I will boycott this team. He could pick #2 and would end up taking a guard or the top DT. Stick Kirk out there next season and tell us all it will be OK.

Or we go mid-round and he totally reaches for Ponder Jr.

The guy is a cancer to this team at this point.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:14 pm Spielman Interview After Yannick Trade

“No one thinks the season’s over right now . . . You want to win as many games as we can, and that’s going to be our objective for this year. But also, when you have an opportunity to continue to add, with the 15 draft picks, you’re seeing most of them having to play right now,” Spielman said,

Spielman noted the team has three straight division games coming up after the bye and that they’ll find out “pretty quick” if there’s a chance of salvaging the season. He said that remains the priority despite a trade that’s clearly not designed to help the team in the short term.

Rick Spielman on Kirk Cousins: "I don’t have any doubt that he’s going to be able to rally. ... I don't think anyone has lost any faith in Kirk Cousins."

Rick Spielman on Vikings ownership: "I'm in constant communication with our ownership on almost a daily basis.

Rick Spielman on whether he's worried about the Vikings losing interest in the season:

"None whatsoever. ... I don’t have any doubt with coach Zimmer's leadership that this team wants to win."

Saw it now. WTF? :hair:

Has the team lost interest?

"Oh, that is all on Zimmer..."

How about your guy Cousins?

"Oh, he is gonna rally now."

"no one has lost faith in Cousins.."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where are all the Spielman lovers now? We've read their BS on here for years defending his sorry butt.

Most have changed their names by now or are Mods of this place and cannot be touched. I've often wondered if a few posters here are not Rick himself the way they have defended him.

He is still clueless.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

cunningham wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:29 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:14 pm Spielman Interview After Yannick Trade

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where are all the Spielman lovers now? We've read their BS on here for years defending his sorry butt.

Most have changed their names by now or are Mods of this place and cannot be touched. I've often wondered if a few posters here are not Rick himself the way they have defended him.

He is still clueless.
We gotta wait for Mlhouse to come defend Spielman :lol:
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Spielman on why he gave Cousins extension:

“When we evaluated Kirk coming off what he did last year -- he had his best year in the NFL and coming back in the same system -- being able to renegotiate that contract gave us cap flexibility"

Vikings free up around $5M in cap space by trading Yannick.
Deep Purple

Post by Deep Purple »

Money is meaningless in the NFL...free up $5 million in cap space??!! WTF FOR?? Speilman is Horrible!
Rollie

Post by Rollie »

Fire Rick NOW!!!!!!!!

:tap:
Hector

Post by Hector »

As bad as people disliked Case, you kind of felt like he was sort of a field general. Right now there is no leader on this team and Rick isn't going to inspire the players with shit like that....he handcuffed Zimmer with a QB he didn't want and he (Zimmer) was absolutely right.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:41 pm
cunningham wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:29 pm

He is still clueless.
We gotta wait for Mlhouse to come defend Spielman :lol:
12th best record. he wants to keep spielman around because he's drafted some good players. so what? that's what a GM is supposed to do. what you can't have is big time failures like he's got right now with the cousins signing/extension. and then he thinks zimmer is the problem. i think zimmer's a much better coach than spielman is a GM.

there has to be a much better GM out there than slick rick.

i've said this before-but i think spielman has great influence over the owners. and once he got extended i figured that he was going to get a mulligan in this covid year unless it goes totally pear-shaped. one can hope though.
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

Idiotic trade. They had no clue how bad their roster was and I don't know where the money was going to come from to resign yannic. 2nd rounder for a year rental is ridiculous. Zimmer and spielman can no longer assess their talent objectively. Time to go.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Obi-Wan wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:21 pm Idiotic trade. They had no clue how bad their roster was and I don't know where the money was going to come from to resign yannic. 2nd rounder for 6 game rental is ridiculous. Spielman should be beaten publicly, fired, then forced to move from MN.
Fixed.
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

I can’t believe 3 actually voted to keep him . Must be Bits.
In Kwesi we trust.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

PurpleFloyd wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:35 pm I can’t believe 3 actually voted to keep him . Must be Bits.
Mlhouse, Ash and Thrill
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Phrooster

Post by Phrooster »

Oscar could do a better job than spiedledope