Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Do You Think the Draft Would Have Gone Differently Had Rick and Zim Not Been in the Last Year of Their Deals?

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Thrillkill

Re: Do You Think the Draft Would Have Gone Differently Had Rick and Zim Not Been in the Last Year of Their Deals?

Post by Thrillkill »

bombers3shooter wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 8:25 pm Meh, this season should be all about getting into position to getA)Trevor Lawrence or B)Trey Lance
Remember last year when you were all about getting Joe Burrow? No? That's how stupid it is to think you have any idea who to be "all about" getting.
Oriole81

Re: Do You Think the Draft Would Have Gone Differently Had Rick and Zim Not Been in the Last Year of Their Deals?

Post by Oriole81 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 2:10 am
bubu dubu. wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 12:52 am
bombers3shooter wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 8:25 pm Meh, this season should be all about getting into position to getA)Trevor Lawrence or B)Trey Lance
I've watched a few NDSU games, living in Fargo...Trey Lance can't throw a football, and gets nervous as hell when a weak ass FCS pass rush is coming in.

Watch his highlights. Basically every completion he gets, his man is wide open. This is the NDSU scheme. They run the shit out of the ball, then when they do pass, they take big shots down the field (also notice how most of his big passes come from PA), and the WR is always wide open. His running ability is very impressive though.

I might be wrong about him. Wentz has become a pretty decent NFL QB basically doing the same thing at NDSU (NDSU beats the shit out of you pounding the ball, then takes big shots downfield in the PA game), but Wentz always seemed to have more arm talent than Trey does.
No one is trading Lawrence but Lance has the "It" factor.

If this season proves a big failure, I have no problem laying all the chips in next years draft for him.

I love Kirk but unless something seriously changes around here, I don't see him back in a few years.

If they draft another QB, I want a whole new staff in place to work with him. Lance will need a young innovative mind. Not Zimstone and his run, run, pass short of the sticks, punt attitude.
Justin Fields too.
Plus some other QB generally pops up into Top 10 range after the season.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 9:06 am
Remember last year when you were all about getting Joe Burrow? No? That's how stupid it is to think you have any idea who to be "all about" getting.
You're right I shouldn't even try to speculate who might be a 1st round quarterback on a sports themed message board. How dare I even think about it especially when there is very little to talk about.