Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Justin Jefferson Highlights

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Justin Jefferson Highlights

Post by Mandatory »

This makes me feel a little bit better about him.

Some good adjustments on catches, catching in traffic and elusiveness after the catch. Sometimes he looks really slow though.

Still, this was much better than the highlight package ABC threw together.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
focker

Re: Justin Jefferson Highlights

Post by focker »

He's got good hands for sure.
Top 4 Froob 2021!!!
witljon

Post by witljon »

Sounds like he was Gary Kubiak’s favorite WR in the draft
Deep Purple

Post by Deep Purple »

He's a gamer and a "real" football player. He loves contact and works his butt off to make a play. Much the same as Gladney....I see a pattern here.
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

I'll check this one out but there is one I watched last night posted by Flash Highlights, I thought it did a really good job of displaying his speed. When he turns it on you can see why he had that combine time. I really didn't see that speed before in other videos.

I'm pretty excited for this pick, he's a chain mover and he's got the explosiveness to score at anytime. I think he's a nice safety blanket, a guy your QB can trust if he needs to throw the ball even if he's somewhat covered.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

I didn't really want a 1st rd WR but Mims was the one I wanted the least, so as long as it wasn't him I'll make due.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

Deep Purple wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:18 am He's a gamer and a "real" football player. He loves contact and works his butt off to make a play. Much the same as Gladney....I see a pattern here.
I wanted them to draft trench players but they got two really good football players.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:22 am
Deep Purple wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:18 am He's a gamer and a "real" football player. He loves contact and works his butt off to make a play. Much the same as Gladney....I see a pattern here.
I wanted them to draft trench players but they got two really good football players.
they still can; immense value today and we didn't miss out on anybody.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
witljon

Post by witljon »

Would you trade Jefferson and Gladney for C Caesar Ruiz and T Isaiah Wilson? Cuz that’s who we could have picked.
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

witljon wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:31 am
Would you trade Jefferson and Gladney for C Caesar Ruiz and T Isaiah Wilson? Cuz that’s who we could have picked.
No I wouldn't. Ruiz wants to play center deep down but if he was all in at Guard I might of considered it.

I was more in interested in guys like Josh Jones, Cleveland, Ross Blacklock and Marlon Davidson.

All guys that are still there, pretty cool.
witljon

Post by witljon »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:34 am
witljon wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:31 am

No I wouldn't. Ruiz wants to play center deep down but if he was all in at Guard I might of considered it.

I was more in interested in guys like Josh Jones, Cleveland, Ross Blacklock and Marlon Davidson.

All guys that are still there, pretty cool.
Yeah, I just named the 2 who were selected last night
Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Post by Night Train »

I find highlight reels can make anyone look like a steal of the draft. I mean, Treadwell looked like a can't miss when I saw his after we drafted him.
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Night Train wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:49 am I find highlight reels can make anyone look like a steal of the draft. I mean, Treadwell looked like a can't miss when I saw his after we drafted him.
Jefferson had some crazy stats last year though. 220 something yards and 4 TDs in the Peach Bowl. Lead NCAA in catches, 3rd in yards and 2nd in TDs. Only reason he didn't have the most TDs at 18 is because another guy ON HIS OWN TEAM led with 1700 yds and 20 tds. That's nuts. I don't think he's another Treadwell.

#BaltimoreStrong
salamander

Post by salamander »

Mandatory wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:41 am This makes me feel a little bit better about him.

Some good adjustments on catches, catching in traffic and elusiveness after the catch. Sometimes he looks really slow though.

Still, this was much better than the highlight package ABC threw together.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
They really got two players that play the ball.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

I'm really coming around on this kid. I like the pick a lot now.

#BaltimoreStrong
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

I really thought they needed a deep threat to play to Cousin's strength as an elite deep-ball passer and really stretch the field. And they already have Thielen who plays in the slot. Are they moving Thielen outside?
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:14 am I really thought they needed a deep threat to play to Cousin's strength as an elite deep-ball passer and really stretch the field. And they already have Thielen who plays in the slot. Are they moving Thielen outside?
IMO, they'd be smart to move him now, before his value is zero. Might already be.

To your point, I think Thielen would be fine outside. I'd rather have this kid at slot.

#BaltimoreStrong
RM22

Post by RM22 »

I wasn't crazy about this pick. Seems like history keeps repeating itself. But the more I watch Jefferson, the more I like him.

Getting 2 extra picks was nice. Listening to Spielman, he said more than once. The Vikings have the fire power to move up. Trying to figure out which team would be a trade partner?
Deep Purple

Post by Deep Purple »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:14 am I really thought they needed a deep threat to play to Cousin's strength as an elite deep-ball passer and really stretch the field. And they already have Thielen who plays in the slot. Are they moving Thielen outside?
Unless we improve the OL, Kirk won't have much time to throw deep balls. No reason at all Jefferson can't be a deep ball threat just because LSU's offense utilizied JJ as a slot guy means nothing of his route running in the Pros.
Car Ramrod

Post by Car Ramrod »

Daniel Jeremiah who I think is one of the better evaluators had a take today that by the end of the year, Jefferson will be an upgrade to Diggs. Brave take and don’t know if it will be correct but loved reading it.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Car Ramrod wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:06 am Daniel Jeremiah who I think is one of the better evaluators had a take today that by the end of the year, Jefferson will be an upgrade to Diggs. Brave take and don’t know if it will be correct but loved reading it.
Well.............that guy's a moron. An upgrade in making 6 yard receptions maybe. Go look at Tyler John
son's highlight tape and then find one Jefferson play that makes the top 10 on Johnson's. I do not get why thi guy is so highly rated. He's a middle of the field possession guy. How do you spend a 1st on that in the deepest WR draft ever. What on earth does this guy have on Tyler? Nothing. And he will necessitate another high pick being used on a WR. I love Bisi but we obviously don't think as highly as we took a WR 1st. Hopefully that pick is Johnson.
BuDG123

Post by BuDG123 »

He has had some great production and looks Ike he has decent hands - glad to hear Kubiak was pushing to draft him. He looks better in this video :|
[media] https://youtu.be/OgJdl0TwYFA[/media]

I didn’t watch a lot of LSU - was Burrows making his WR look great or are they? Did JJ and Chase often see single coverage or did i the slot WR specialize in settling in zone coverage as speed took the coverage deep? Treadwell and some other recent 1st rd reaches have some of us a little nervous on this one. Hope it works.
Last edited by BuDG123 on Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

BuDG123 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:35 am He has had some great production and looks Ike he has decent hands - glad to hear Kubiak was pushing to draft him. He looks better in this video :| [media] https://youtu.be/OgJdl0TwYFA[/media]
I didn’t watch a lot of LSU - was Burrows making his WR look great or are they?
Combination of all but his numbers are utterly deceiving. They have 4 receivers in every play and he runs the middle single covered constantly. The former WR's I saw talking about him all had him lower than the mock guys. Maybe Kubiak sees something that he didn't show at LSU. Or he sees that Theilen is about to break down.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

BuDG123 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:35 am He has had some great production and looks Ike he has decent hands - glad to hear Kubiak was pushing to draft him. He looks better in this video :|
[media] https://youtu.be/OgJdl0TwYFA[/media]

I didn’t watch a lot of LSU - was Burrows making his WR look great or are they? Did JJ and Chase often see single coverage or did i the slot WR specialize in settling in zone coverage as speed took the coverage deep? Treadwell and some other recent 1st rd reaches have some of us a little nervous on this one. Hope it works.
I thought Burrow “threw him open” quite a bit, but in Jefferson’s defense, he made great adjustments to the ball in the air and outfought DBs for contested balls consistently.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
BuDG123

Post by BuDG123 »

Yeah, the LSU Freshman Chase actually looks more Harvin like. He had the 18TDs and 2200 yards? Makes me nervous really, when your WR #2 in college - it means Burrows is likely pretty good as you said - and JJ’s numbers seem somewhat elevated due to the single coverage and the system ran. Oh well, we will see soon enough. $50 he beats Treads rookie #’s at least? Maybe Twill numbers or closer to Rice or Harvin? If we get Diggs rookie production, it will likely be deemed a decent rookie campaign. 52/720/4TD
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:30 am
Car Ramrod wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:06 am Daniel Jeremiah who I think is one of the better evaluators had a take today that by the end of the year, Jefferson will be an upgrade to Diggs. Brave take and don’t know if it will be correct but loved reading it.
Well.............that guy's a moron. An upgrade in making 6 yard receptions maybe. Go look at Tyler John
son's highlight tape and then find one Jefferson play that makes the top 10 on Johnson's. I do not get why thi guy is so highly rated. He's a middle of the field possession guy. How do you spend a 1st on that in the deepest WR draft ever. What on earth does this guy have on Tyler? Nothing. And he will necessitate another high pick being used on a WR. I love Bisi but we obviously don't think as highly as we took a WR 1st. Hopefully that pick is Johnson.
:lol:
Chromazz
Eats shit.

Post by Chromazz »

Never forget this team started the year with Johnson instead of him
Offsides 97 defense

Post by Offsides 97 defense »

Chromazz wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:24 pm Never forget this team started the year with Johnson instead of him
Kinda hard to gauge a player without a preseason Coach Chromazz.
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
"1800, Engineers, You go out and find mines"
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Currently 7th in the NFL in receiving yards (762). Diggs is first (906). But Diggs has played in 10 games and Jefferson only 9 since Buffalo hasn't had it's bye yet. Justin could catch him with 144 yards against Dallas.

The list:

1 Stefon Diggs 906
2 DeAndre Hopkins 861
3 D.K. Metcalf 816
4 Terry McLaurin 787
5 Robby Anderson772
6 Travis Kelce 769
7 Justin Jefferson 762
8 Davante Adams 741
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Offsides 97 defense

Post by Offsides 97 defense »

Not to mention, Jefferson played almost his entire college career at the slot. He had to assimilate into a new offense and into a new position. Playing slot is very different than playing wide receiver. Limited camps, no pre-season, and some clown on here wants to know why he didn't start.
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
"1800, Engineers, You go out and find mines"