Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Day 2 Best Available for Vikes

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Deep Purple

Day 2 Best Available for Vikes

Post by Deep Purple »

Rick said last night he will be aggressive in moving up in round 2 and 3 because of the great depth in these rounds. Here is a list of some great prospects the Vikings need to draft to improve play at the line of scrimmage.

Neville Gallimore, DL, Oklahoma
Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise State
Josh Jones, OT, Houston
Ross Blacklock, DL, TCU

Curtis Weaver, EDGE, Boise State
Terrell Lewis, EDGE, Alabama
Lloyd Cushenberry, G/C, LSU
Darrell Taylor, EDGE, Tennessee
weimy froob

Re: Day 2 Best Available for Vikes

Post by weimy froob »

a lot of work for the GM these next couple of days. he needs to earn his pay.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

They could also go secondary again as Fulton/Johnson still on the board, and all the safeties are available too.
Alot of DL depth means we could afford to push that down.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Oriole81 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:15 am They could also go secondary again as Fulton/Johnson still on the board, and all the safeties are available too.
how many picks do you want to see the team make tonight?
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:16 am
Oriole81 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:15 am They could also go secondary again as Fulton/Johnson still on the board, and all the safeties are available too.
how many picks do you want to see the team make tonight?
I at least want two 2nds for damn sure, but ideally 3.
So 4 total I guess tonight?
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Deep Purple

Post by Deep Purple »

Drafting a couple really good pass rushing prospects will make life for the DB's so much easier.
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

They should make two seconds. I wonder if getting Fulton is such a bad idea?

But if I’m being honest, for this year, a pass rushing DT or even an overall good one, is a huge need.

Blacklock is a good way to go. They will probably go winny. Because they are the Vikings.
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

I think it makes sense to get aggressive in order to address some of the needs in the trenches. Ezra is getting too the point now where you start thinking him. He fits what they want too do, from the clips I seen of Josh Jones he moves good as well. He's got 45 college starts, there is a ton of tape on this guy, none that I've seen but good grades from PFF. This goes back to Trent Williams do they feel like this is going to happen or are they hard passing? Will the Redskins continue to play hard ball and try to force him back?

Blacklock is another guy that looks really good for the Vikings, Gladney really glowed about his athleticism for a big man. Gallimore was a guy that really flashed and the tape I did watch teams made it point to double team him, he's got some explosive traits.

There is guy from Florida that I watched a highlight tape of, DE Zuniga. I don't know where he's projected but whoever did that video had a lot of clips to work with, the kid was outstanding he looked like a stud.

I also think they got to consider who starts to fall. I would keep an eye on Jaylon Johnson from Utah, I really do want work done in the trenches but drafting him on top of Gladney would really rebuild the secondary. Right now they got enough, they need a little more depth but I wouldn't ignore the value. Same with the fake penis guy, what he falls, he's pretty talented cover man.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Lot of ammo to shore up the trenches today. Does a 5th get Trent Williams? Redskins might be desperate now.

3 picks today, can use one on another OL, 1 on an EDGE, and 1 on a DT. Plus Williams that's potentially massive help for the most area.

Though I'll be bummed we missed out in AWJr and The Pride of the Northside.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

Da Gas Man wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:33 am They should make two seconds. I wonder if getting Fulton is such a bad idea?

But if I’m being honest, for this year, a pass rushing DT or even an overall good one, is a huge need.

Blacklock is a good way to go. They will probably go winny. Because they are the Vikings.
I totally forgot that Marlon Davidson is still out there, he's not on that list but guys I think he could be a stud at DT. He played DE for Auburn, I heard they put him at DT at the senior bowl and he was owning it.
Deep Purple

Post by Deep Purple »

Yes I forgot about Jabari Zuniga, DE Florida. Great prospect as well. From the way Rick S was talking Everson is not coming back so DE is a priority!
Stu Pedaso

Post by Stu Pedaso »

Yeah, cuzz there wasn't a thread for this.
witljon

Post by witljon »

Deep Purple wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:07 am Rick said last night he will be aggressive in moving up in round 2 and 3 because of the great depth in these rounds. Here is a list of some great prospects the Vikings need to draft to improve play at the line of scrimmage.

Josh Jones, OT, Houston
Ross Blacklock, DL, TCU

We could add
A.J. Epenesa edge Iowa
Zach Baun LB/ edge Wisconsin
Justin Madubuike DL Tex AM
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

witljon wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:53 am
Deep Purple wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:07 am Rick said last night he will be aggressive in moving up in round 2 and 3 because of the great depth in these rounds. Here is a list of some great prospects the Vikings need to draft to improve play at the line of scrimmage.

Josh Jones, OT, Houston
Ross Blacklock, DL, TCU

We could add
A.J. Epenesa edge Iowa
If you add the other top ranked corners and safeties there is still a ton of value out there and some of the WR's like Hamler, Pittman and Mims. Winfield... I knew this 2nd round was gonna be nice.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

25 picks ahead of us today - and then another 30 before our next. nearly every player mentioned on this thread will be off the board before we get to them - unless spielman works the phones and pulls something off.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

Still need another CB, a S, at least 1 DT, at least one interior lineman, at least one edge rusher, probably another WR, and a OT if they don't trade for one.
Deep Purple

Post by Deep Purple »

Lots of great players left on the board. Justin Madubuike's versatility is a huge strength and he would be a great fit.
witljon

Post by witljon »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:59 am

Josh Jones, OT, Houston
Ross Blacklock, DL, TCU

We could add
A.J. Epenesa edge Iowa
If you add the other top ranked corners and safeties there is still a ton of value out there and some of the WR's like Hamler, Pittman and Mims. Winfield... I knew this 2nd round was gonna be nice.
All the top safety’s are still on the board.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:00 am 25 picks ahead of us today - and then another 30 before our next. nearly every player mentioned on this thread will be off the board before we get to them - unless spielman works the phones and pulls something off.
of course that's the point.
they should trade up twice.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

witljon wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:08 am
We could add
A.J. Epenesa edge Iowa
They need safety depth in a bad way. I really liked the Xavier Mckinney guy when I was prepping to draft for Dallas in the mock we did. Kids a stud, I could care less about the 40 time.
witljon

Post by witljon »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:24 am

They need safety depth in a bad way. I really liked the Xavier Mckinney guy when I was prepping to draft for Dallas in the mock we did. Kids a stud, I could care less about the 40 time.
There’s Grant Delpit, Antoine Winfield Jr., Ashtyn Davis, and a couple of other names at safety that escape me.
Deep Purple

Post by Deep Purple »

Unless we trade Harris S can wait, the OL and DL cannot wait. Lets beat the Bears and Packers for a change of pace this season....only way that happens if we can finally beat them at the line of scrimmage.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

witljon wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:49 am
-VikingsTw- wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:24 am
There’s Grant Delpit, Antoine Winfield Jr., Ashtyn Davis, and a couple of other names at safety that escape me.
Jeremy Chinn, Kyle Dugger real nice size/speed small school developmental guys.
Others in the early Day 3 mix include Blackmon and Burgess from Utah, Stone from Iowa.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
witljon

Post by witljon »

Deep Purple wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:52 am Unless we trade Harris S can wait, the OL and DL cannot wait. Lets beat the Bears and Packers for a change of pace this season....only way that happens if we can finally beat them at the line of scrimmage.e
I agree with this post, but we’re kinda in no mans land as far as getting offensive line contributions for next season. If theres any available help it be will probably be gone by the time our turn comes up.

The name Cushenberry would look fitting next to Bradbury though
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

Want another WR tonight.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Galimore or Madibuike better be one of the picks. Really want to trade up for Winfield. Then get Tyler Johnson to show just how bad and to fix the 3rd down slot WR in the 1st.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

lots of talk about tackles - but with the loss of kline and the massive struggles that elflein had last year (how many freaking holding penalties did he get called for?), i'd be happy if they brought in one of the better guards with the next pick. robert hunt of louisiana looks pretty nasty. if we wind up snagging trent williams in a trade - that might not be a bad one-two punch improvement.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

Fulton, Johnson, McKinney, Winfield.

Need one of those today!
Car Ramrod

Post by Car Ramrod »

Josh Jones, OT, Houston
Ross Blacklock, DL, TCU

We could add
A.J. Epenesa edge Iowa
Like all the names here as well as the Safeties left.

Terrell Lewis interests me, unquestionably a high end/1st round talent that has had a couple ligament injuries (scary I know). If his knees hold up from here on out, he could be a potential SOD. Would be nice to line him up opposite Hunter and learn under Patterson.
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

j2j wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:44 am Lot of ammo to shore up the trenches today. Does a 5th get Trent Williams? Redskins might be desperate now.

3 picks today, can use one on another OL, 1 on an EDGE, and 1 on a DT. Plus Williams that's potentially massive help for the most area.

Though I'll be bummed we missed out in AWJr and The Pride of the Northside.
Even if it’s a 4th, I ship it for Williams. Not even sure Washington would be interested in this but how about:

Vikings draft Winfield or McKinney
Trade Harris for Williams straight up

Age and money are fairly close....