Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Just think what GB did.

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Just think what GB did.

Post by RubeTube »

Have a better QB than the Vikings have ever had and go QB with a HOFer.

Rick wouldn't even draft backups ro the likes of Christian Ponder and Teddy Bridgewater :lol:

This regime is a absolute fucking joke.

Lol. We are garbGe for a reason. Fuck the excuses. This team just sucks shit.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: Just think what GB did.

Post by RubeTube »

We watch GB draft a backup to Rpdgers and Spielman used to worry Ponder feathers.

This team.is a absolute fucking joke. There is a reason why its us and Detroit for a modern champe
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Face The Facts

Post by Face The Facts »

Spielman is awful. I made that known many times previously, but in the case of Jordan Love, I'm not sold.
I think he's a shiny object.
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

The Packers, who have significant needs on both sides of the ball, just traded up to take a QB in the first round who is not ready to play, won't have a realistic chance to be the starter until 2023, and does absolutely nothing to make their team better today, and RT wants to use this as proof that Spielman is an idiot?

Love was the worst pick of the round, and I'm including Seattle taking a 3rd round LB. You've got 2 or 3 years of Rodgers being good enough to win a Super Bowl, and instead of getting a player who can help him do that, you draft a guy who you hope doesn't see the field for years. Fantastic decision.
Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Post by Night Train »

beetlebum71 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:48 am The Packers, who have significant needs on both sides of the ball, just traded up to take a QB in the first round who is not ready to play, won't have a realistic chance to be the starter until 2023, and does absolutely nothing to make their team better today, and RT wants to use this as proof that Spielman is an idiot?

Love was the worst pick of the round, and I'm including Seattle taking a 3rd round LB. You've got 2 or 3 years of Rodgers being good enough to win a Super Bowl, and instead of getting a player who can help him do that, you draft a guy who you hope doesn't see the field for years. Fantastic decision.
Well said. Sure, it's a big gamble looking towards the future post-Rodgers and it's very similar to how Rodgers rode the pine under Favre for a few years. But they did Favre no favors doing that either and he could've used valuable draft capital his last few years in GB too.

As far is Love being the 3rd great QB all-timer in GB... I don't know, they say lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place so I would think it would be damn near impossible to strike 3 times in the same place. I'd be pissed if Love pans out there. GB deserves some shitty doormat seasons, they're due.
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

beetlebum71 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:48 am The Packers, who have significant needs on both sides of the ball, just traded up to take a QB in the first round who is not ready to play, won't have a realistic chance to be the starter until 2023, and does absolutely nothing to make their team better today, and RT wants to use this as proof that Spielman is an idiot?

Very similar things were said when they picked Rodgers. Yes, Favre talked about retirement a lot but he played a long time after and they knew he was going to play at least another two.

And similar things were said when the patriots drafted garapollo. Teams that wait till they bottom out have years of bad.

In the short term, it’s crazy. But in ten years, are we going to be saying “how did they get 45 years of great qb play?”
Drizzay

Post by Drizzay »

Rodgers had a chip on his shoulder because he fell so far. Love was surprised to be even drafted in the 1st. Huge difference.
Tell your story walkin'!
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

anybody hoping the vikings target jalen hurts tonight?
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

Favre had talked about retirement for a few years. Rodgers was being talked about as the #1 pick.

Rodgers has said he wants to play until he’s 40. Nobody had Love going in the first round, especially with a move UP.

The situations are completely different. Love will be ready for his second contract by the time he starts a game. Horrible pick for a team that was in last year’s NFCCG and has holes on both sides of the line that need to be filled.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

I'll go you one further. Rogers has taken a step back in the last few years. The chip on his shoulder has turned into a prima donna wallow.
They'll now be going from a very good, but not elite quarterback to an unproven project.
Ketchup can be nuancy
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:09 am anybody hoping the vikings target jalen hurts tonight?
I doubt he makes it to their 1st pick today if the Vikings stay put, but I would love it.

Fulton
Johnson
Jones
McKinney
Winfield
Hurts

Get one of those guys in the second and I’m good.
laX

Post by laX »

-Jaymo- wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:14 am Favre had talked about retirement for a few years. Rodgers was being talked about as the #1 pick.

Rodgers has said he wants to play until he’s 40. Nobody had Love going in the first round, especially with a move UP.

The situations are completely different. Love will be ready for his second contract by the time he starts a game. Horrible pick for a team that was in last year’s NFCCG and has holes on both sides of the line that need to be filled.
*like*
i was hoping to see some gifs of people shitting
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Some franchises aren't afraid to go down swinging. Some franchises send Rudi Stein to the plate and tell him to get hit by the pitch.
Last edited by feekdogg on Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:05 am Have a better QB than the Vikings have ever had and go QB with a HOFer.

Rick wouldn't even draft backups ro the likes of Christian Ponder and Teddy Bridgewater :lol:

This regime is a absolute fucking joke.

Lol. We are garbGe for a reason. Fuck the excuses. This team just sucks shit.
#hoist!

Remember when you would rip on me for writing these posts the last two years?

Watch this QB win a Super Bowl while we play another NFC Championship game with a broken Rodgers.

We took no linemen and GB traded up for a QB right where we were picking.

This is why we lost both games to the Bears and Packers last year. We are not the best run organization anymore. Spielman has a damn phobia of taking a QB and doubled down on his stupidity.

If this guy is legit and the Packers go to the Super Bowl I might have to switch the team I root for. I already was a little bitch and rooted for Favre. Hell, half the posters here say Favre was our best quarterback of this century we have had here.

Now we have a receiver who can dance (probably better than he balls) and another first round CB that we can prep for the Bengals SB run.
Why Not Us

Post by Why Not Us »

I'm not going to bash a team for taking a QB, look at our team, terrified to draft a QB because it might hurt the feelings of Ponder / Bridgewater
"You're not going to get Covid if you have these vaccinations." - Joe Biden, July 2021
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

feekdogg wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:22 am Some franchises aren't afraid to go down swinging. Some franchises send Rudy Stein to the plate and tell him to get hit by the pitch.
Worsiest analogy in the history of Froob chat.
Which team was celebrating, drunk at home plate at the end of the game?

Take your trophy and your apology and shove it up your ass!
Ketchup can be nuancy
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Da Gas Man wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:38 am

Very similar things were said when they picked Rodgers. Yes, Favre talked about retirement a lot but he played a long time after and they knew he was going to play at least another two.

And similar things were said when the patriots drafted garapollo. Teams that wait till they bottom out have years of bad.

In the short term, it’s crazy. But in ten years, are we going to be saying “how did they get 45 years of great qb play?”
Exactly!
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:09 am anybody hoping the vikings target jalen hurts tonight?
Absolutely yes.
Let's get Tropical
Browner Hands

Post by Browner Hands »

cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Why Not Us wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:24 am I'm not going to bash a team for taking a QB, look at our team, terrified to draft a QB because it might hurt the feelings of Ponder / Bridgewater
Finally something we agree on!

Wouldn’t want someone to push Cousins.

I wanted Lamar Jackson and people ripped me. They said he talked funny and he was a runner more than a QB. I wanted home because he replaced Teddy at Louisville and was even better. Nope. Slick Dick Rick got in the Cousins sweepstakes for because he thought he could just buy a quarterback. That a franchise was going to let a blue chip quarterback just walk because of hurt feelings.

I love Zim and Kubiak, but Rick has screwed this team up ever since Teddy went down. Coulda taken Dak as a late round development back up to Teddy.

Hindsight is 20/20, but you miss all the balls you don’t swing at.

WR was set had we just kept Diggs. Now we have a mid round dancer. And another CB that we will let walk.
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

jffl_commish wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:25 am
Absolutely yes.
I am really not sold on Hurts. But at the same time, he has certain intangibles that can’t be taught. I would be very surprised if they did. I think they should. Do I prefer him to Eason? I don’t know.

My guess is that they draft Jake Fromm. He is the perfect speilman qb. Nothing special at all but mediocrely solid. His ceiling is Kirk Cousins.
Jack Hoff

Post by Jack Hoff »

What a waste of a first round pick. The guy is a project and very raw. Chances of him turning out to be nothing but a backup in this league are high. Erin has to be pissed which makes me okay with it
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

Da Gas Man wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:38 am

It's not that similar. Favre had begun hinting that he was close to being done. He was talking retirement when they drafted Rodgers. Also, Rodgers was in the mix as the best player in the draft and serendipitously slipped to GB at #24. Rodgers just signed a 4 year contract extension that hasn't even kicked in, yet, and Love was not considered one of the best two or three players in this draft. It was arguable that Rodgers was a special prospect. Love is not. There are guys like him in every draft. There was no reason for them to reach for him here when they had other needs.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

-Jaymo- wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:17 am
I doubt he makes it to their 1st pick today if the Vikings stay put, but I would love it.

Fulton
Johnson
Jones
McKinney
Winfield
Hurts

Get one of those guys in the second and I’m good.
Hurts O/U is 55.5 and we are at 58 with a ton of picks behind us to move up if he's there. I want him :beer:
focker

Post by focker »

GB should be in win now mode. I'm surprised they did this. They did nothing to help their team for the next 2-3 years and did something that may help their team in the next 4-10 years.

If I were AR I'd be pissed about this pick.
Top 4 Froob 2021!!!
Deep Purple

Post by Deep Purple »

There is already rumors out there that Rodgers will be traded to the Patriots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

We will see what happens but for Love I think it's a good situation. Most likely gets a chance to sit and ease into an NFL career.

The one thing I'll say is that before he lost his coach and basically his teammates he had a really good year. That's the Love they are banking on for the future, the guy that put up stud numbers with a decent surrounding cast.

I'm not saying the Patriots are perfect at scouting QB's but they did a hard pass when he was there for the taking.

If Love does pan out to be the next great QB for GB it's a genius forward looking move. Love has got to get the decision making under control, some guys can some guys can't. Look at Ponder for example, he would have a great game then totally f*k it up by making one or two terrible decisions. He never could clean that part of his game up.
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

Deep Purple wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:04 am There is already rumors out there that Rodgers will be traded to the Patriots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That would be nuts.
Jack Hoff

Post by Jack Hoff »

Deep Purple wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:04 am There is already rumors out there that Rodgers will be traded to the Patriots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I could see that happening
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

This thread is comedy fn gold. :lol: