Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

WE ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

WE ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL

Post by RubeTube »

Who we play and if we lose is subjective. We will be there rhoughfe
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Beef Supreme

Re: WE ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL

Post by Beef Supreme »

Hope you’re right. This was an encouraging win.

4-4 on the road in 2019. That’s not terrible. Would have loved to come away with the lambeau game or the KC game. 5-3 on the road would feel pretty sweet right about now.

I’m confident we’ll go 8-0 at home. And we’ll probably be a 12-4 WC team and that kind of sucks. Hell, you’re the #1 seed some years at 12-4. Not even winning a division with that record kind of blows.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

i think that the better teams are in the afc this year. what's with the patriots defense? 12.9 points per game. and then you have the bills, ravens and chiefs that want to get to the big game too.

who's going to beat the purple in the nfc? if they have to go to green bay in january to play the packers i like their chances. and i like their chances the colder it is. bears looked like the better team at the end of that game today.
Why Not Us

Post by Why Not Us »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:22 pm We will be there rhoughfe
I agree, rhoughfe!
"You're not going to get Covid if you have these vaccinations." - Joe Biden, July 2021
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:44 pm i think that the better teams are in the afc this year. what's with the patriots defense? 12.9 points per game. and then you have the bills, ravens and chiefs that want to get to the big game too.

who's going to beat the purple in the nfc? if they have to go to green bay in january to play the packers i like their chances. and i like their chances the colder it is. bears looked like the better team at the end of that game today.
Yep.

We dew.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Why Not Us

Post by Why Not Us »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:44 pm who's going to beat the purple in the nfc? if they have to go to green bay in january to play the packers i like their chances. and i like their chances the colder it is. bears looked like the better team at the end of that game today.
If the playoff started today, the Vikes would have to win 3 road games in a row starting @ New Orleans

Followed by @ GB / @ SEA

Followed by Followed by @ GB / @ SEA / @ SF

That would be an impressive run although if I was putting my own money on that happening, I wouldn't be willing to put up much. Cousins would have to go on a crazy Joe Flacco / Eli Manning type run.
"You're not going to get Covid if you have these vaccinations." - Joe Biden, July 2021
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Why Not Us wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:50 pm
weimy froob wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:44 pm who's going to beat the purple in the nfc? if they have to go to green bay in january to play the packers i like their chances. and i like their chances the colder it is. bears looked like the better team at the end of that game today.
If the playoff started today, the Vikes would have to win 3 road games in a row starting @ New Orleans

Followed by @ GB / @ SEA

That would be an impressive run although if I was putting my own money on that happening, I wouldn't be willing to put up much. Cousins would have to go on a crazy Joe Flacco / Eli Manning type run.
as long as the defense stays real stingy in the red zone anything's possible. their defense gets better as the field shrinks.
Why Not Us

Post by Why Not Us »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:53 pm

Followed by @ GB / @ SEA

as long as the defense stays real stingy in the red zone anything's possible. their defense gets better as the field shrinks.
I get it, but the Vikes have only played 3 games against teams who currently have a winning record this season.

They're 0-3 in those games and all were on the road = @ GB, @ KC w Matt Moore, @ SEA so winning 3 in a row when the stakes are high would be unlikely IMO. We won't be facing David Blough or a Chargers team that has quit in those road games.

I'll be there in Miami if they did something crazy like this but wouldn't bet on it.
BigInflateable

Post by BigInflateable »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:22 pm Who we play and if we lose is subjective. We will be there rhoughfe
How many white claws today? A couple 13,14 I'm guessing? What flavor?
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

BigInflateable wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:22 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:22 pm Who we play and if we lose is subjective. We will be there rhoughfe
I don d 16 and it was a mxer
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
BigInflateable

Post by BigInflateable »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:23 pm
BigInflateable wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:22 pm
I don d 16 and it was a mxer
:lol: Say what?! I unfortunately had to stay sober for this week's slugfest
Clubhouseleader

Post by Clubhouseleader »

League wants a Rogers Brees playoff game with a Brees jimmy or Rogers vs Brady Super Bowl. Too much money at stake for the league. A cousins Jackson Super Bowl would not be sexy enough.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Clubhouseleader wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:36 pm League wants a Rogers Brees playoff game with a Brees jimmy or Rogers vs Brady Super Bowl. Too much money at stake for the league. A cousins Jackson Super Bowl would not be sexy enough.
Hunter and the paramedics think otherwise.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Why Not Us wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:03 pm
weimy froob wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:53 pm

Followed by @ GB / @ SEA

I get it, but the Vikes have only played 3 games against teams who currently have a winning record this season.

They're 0-3 in those games and all were on the road = @ GB, @ KC w Matt Moore, @ SEA so winning 3 in a row when the stakes are high would be unlikely IMO. We won't be facing David Blough or a Chargers team that has quit in those road games.

I'll be there in Miami if they did something crazy like this but wouldn't bet on it.
they need to figure it out. shoulda woulda coulda won all three of those games.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Yeah, the road to the super bowl will be tough, but remember: At 10-4, we’ve only lost one game by more than one score. And that was by 10. Were right there every time. A break here, and bounce there and we win those games.

I’m not calling it, but we have a chance.

- Isaac Asimov
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:50 am Yeah, the road to the super bowl will be tough, but remember: At 10-4, we’ve only lost one game by more than one score. And that was by 10. Were right there every time. A break here, and bounce there and we win those games.

if they have to go on the road they are due to win a couple of those close games. if kirk has the game in his hands in the last couple of minutes he has to get the job done. i agree with the poster in the other thread that this year is their window. they need to take full advantage.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:03 am
Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:50 am Yeah, the road to the super bowl will be tough, but remember: At 10-4, we’ve only lost one game by more than one score. And that was by 10. Were right there every time. A break here, and bounce there and we win those games.

if they have to go on the road they are due to win a couple of those close games. if kirk has the game in his hands in the last couple of minutes he has to get the job done. i agree with the poster in the other thread that this year is their window. they need to take full advantage.
I’m not buying that. This offense is ascending.

Cut some fat on defense and have a good draft and this window is wide open. Windows close due to bad management. People said before this year that the window was closed. 10-4.

- Isaac Asimov
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:05 am

Cut some fat on defense and have a good draft and this window is wide open. Windows close due to bad management. People said before this year that the window was closed. 10-4.
they'll need to replenish with that. but i think the iron is hot right now so you should strike.
BigInflateable

Post by BigInflateable »

The Beahs game is the only game it felt like they truly got their asses kicked on the road. 3rd quarter in Seattle, but the team kept battling to come back. A couple bounces from finishing that one. KC is a win with a healthy Theilen.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:07 am
Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:05 am

they'll need to replenish with that. but i think the iron is hot right now so you should strike.
Sure. Go get it now if you can. But we should have an extra 3rd rounder in April’s draft. We can restock with a good draft. Get a DT, a G, and some live bodies for the secondary and there’s no reason they can’t have a shot again next year.

- Isaac Asimov
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

BigInflateable wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:13 am The Beahs game is the only game it felt like they truly got their asses kicked on the road. 3rd quarter in Seattle, but the team kept battling to come back. A couple bounces from finishing that one. KC is a win with a healthy Theilen.
And lambert could have been a win without Cousins’ worst play of the year or without the sketchy Dalvin Cook OPI.

- Isaac Asimov
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

BigInflateable wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:13 am The Beahs game is the only game it felt like they truly got their asses kicked on the road. 3rd quarter in Seattle, but the team kept battling to come back. A couple bounces from finishing that one. KC is a win with a healthy Theilen.
after watching the bears/packers game yesterday i think if chicago doesn't pack it up-and i don't think they would-they're going to be the tougher test of the two games. their defense played hard yesterday and were taking it to the packers in the 4th quarter. trubisky plays halfway decent without turning it over and it will be a close game.
Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Post by Night Train »

I wish I shared your optimism, but we have to be realistic as well. Will likely have to win three road games, nationally televised, against winning teams, with an offense that's afraid to take shots or step on throats, a porous secondary, and the burden of the whole history of the franchise weighing down on them.

Our best shot was hosting a superbowl at home and we blew it. We blew it in 09, we blew it in 98, we blew it in 41-donut. We blew wide left giving the franchise kicking anxiety which continues to this day. We settle for FGs instead of taking chances, etc...

Oh, there'll be some vikings going to the superbowl alright, I think teams get comps every year and members of each team attend.
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Night Train wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:24 am I wish I shared your optimism, but we have to be realistic as well. Will likely have to win three road games, nationally televised, against winning teams, with an offense that's afraid to take shots or step on throats, a porous secondary, and the burden of the whole history of the franchise weighing down on them.

Our best shot was hosting a superbowl at home and we blew it. We blew it in 09, we blew it in 98, we blew it in 41-donut. We blew wide left giving the franchise kicking anxiety which continues to this day. We settle for FGs instead of taking chances, etc...

Oh, there'll be some vikings going to the superbowl alright, I think teams get comps every year and members of each team attend.
You forgot to cry about Darren Nelson.

- Isaac Asimov
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

No chance I see them winning 3 on the road in a row at all, let alone vs SEA and NO.

But Hey... the Wade Wilson led team really surprised me until losing in WA on a Darren Nelson TD drop. So, there's always a chance.
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:28 am
Night Train wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:24 am I wish I shared your optimism, but we have to be realistic as well. Will likely have to win three road games, nationally televised, against winning teams, with an offense that's afraid to take shots or step on throats, a porous secondary, and the burden of the whole history of the franchise weighing down on them.

Ha! I literally did not see this until after I posted.
Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Post by Night Train »

Why's it gotta be 'crying'? Just pointing out the facts. Stop being such a fucking snowflake, Jesus. :roll: :roll: Do you deny this fucking franchise's history?
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
BigInflateable

Post by BigInflateable »

Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:17 am
And lambert could have been a win without Cousins’ worst play of the year or without the sketchy Dalvin Cook OPI.
Sketchy to say the least.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Night Train wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:57 am

Why's it gotta be 'crying'? Just pointing out the facts. Stop being such a fucking snowflake, Jesus. :roll: :roll: Do you deny this fucking franchise's history?
:cry:

- Isaac Asimov
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

minnemike wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:32 am No chance I see them winning 3 on the road in a row at all, let alone vs SEA and NO.

But Hey... the Wade Wilson led team really surprised me until losing in WA on a Darren Nelson TD drop. So, there's always a chance.
That only would have sent it to OT, didn't lose game. That said, I hate that squeaky voiced bitch more than a normal person should.