Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Mike Wobschall no longer works for the Vikings

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Beef Supreme

Re: Mike Wobschall no longer works for the Vikings

Post by Beef Supreme »

Oriole81 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:53 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:47 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:41 pm

Me too movement BS?

wow
Some women are definitely Victims, some are chasing money
I don’t know the Wobby/Erin Andrews connection that is being referenced here, but if any of these women are a true victim, it’s her. What happened to her was a huge assault on her privacy and sense of security, and she deserves every penny she gets.

With that in mind, it is a pretty good video. Better than anything that’s come out of these recent celeb photo hack jobs.
This is a really strange post. Some serious cognitive dissonance going on.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

He is a dumbass and the team is way better off without him being part of it.
In Kwesi we trust.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:56 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:47 pm

Some women are definitely Victims, some are chasing money
I don’t know the Wobby/Erin Andrews connection that is being referenced here, but if any of these women are a true victim, it’s her. What happened to her was a huge assault on her privacy and sense of security, and she deserves every penny she gets.

With that in mind, it is a pretty good video. Better than anything that’s come out of these recent celeb photo hack jobs.
Yeah well, benefit of being a guy I guess
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Oriole81 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:28 pm

Saying she is a "true victim" and had her privacy assaulted and then following it up with "it's a pretty good video" is not "being a guy." It's being an idiot. Cognitive dissonance is not something to be proud of and being able to enjoy the video while acknowledging her victimization is a disturbing feat of compartmentalization that ignores her worth and dignity as a person.

There are plenty of women on the internet who have agreed to be photographed and filmed naked. No need to take advantage of a criminal act and see someone against their will if all you're after is cheap sexual gratification. Is the fact that she's an unwilling victim part of the appeal?

- Carl Jung
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:37 pm

Saying she is a "true victim" and had her privacy assaulted and then following it up with "it's a pretty good video" is not "being a guy." It's being an idiot. Cognitive dissonance is not something to be proud of and being able to enjoy the video while acknowledging her victimization is a disturbing feat of compartmentalization that ignores her worth and dignity as a person.

There are plenty of women on the internet who have agreed to be photographed and filmed naked. No need to take advantage of a criminal act and see someone against their will if all you're after is cheap sexual gratification. Is the fact that she's an unwilling victim part of the appeal?
Well said.

One of the dumber (and truly bizarre) comments I've seen around here, and that's saying something.
Last edited by Ash Ketchum on Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Herky

Post by Herky »

His twitter rant was longer than the screen shot. It went on most of the day and he was responding to people and most in a negative way. Especially when he started saying he was afraid of illegals and his children.

However I don’t think he got fired over that. He did a podcast in January with KFAN where he talked about his faith and politics a little. Apparently those who knew him always knew what his politics were and hen was friends with people who had different values. From what I gathered he was well liked among his peers.

However the Vikings maybe had warned him not to get political and he had strikes against him. It could have been related to the Twitter rant hard to say. Of course it could have been something totally different. It’s not like the Vikings/KFAN don’t employ people who aren’t liberals. Ben Leber has talked some about being a conservative in the past and Joe Sensor was one as well. As for KFAN Charch is and pretty sure PA is as well.

All the statement said from the Vikings is that is was internal matter. We might never know the real reason but if Wobby sues it might come out.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Herky wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:08 am His twitter rant was longer than the screen shot. It went on most of the day and he was responding to people and most in a negative way. Especially when he started saying he was afraid of illegals and his children.

However I don’t think he got fired over that. He did a podcast in January with KFAN where he talked about his faith and politics a little. Apparently those who knew him always knew what his politics were and hen was friends with people who had different values. From what I gathered he was well liked among his peers.

However the Vikings maybe had warned him not to get political and he had strikes against him. It could have been related to the Twitter rant hard to say. Of course it could have been something totally different. It’s not like the Vikings/KFAN don’t employ people who aren’t liberals. Ben Leber has talked some about being a conservative in the past and Joe Sensor was one as well. As for KFAN Charch is and pretty sure PA is as well.

All the statement said from the Vikings is that is was internal matter. We might never know the real reason but if Wobby sues it might come out.
he could have taken a severance payment with a non-disclosure agreement added to it. i just never took him seriously because he was basically the propaganda minister for the minnesota vikings. i hope he lands on his feet with a decent job-but as i said in another thread, i doubt he'll ever get a gig like the one he just lost.
Herky

Post by Herky »

He was super confident in his responses to others in that rant that he would never get fired from the Vikings because it was his personal account but he used it for work. He hasn’t tweeted since Sunday however.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

wobby learned a lesson the hard way. everybody is replaceable.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

fair enough.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
salamander

Post by salamander »

Night Train wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:15 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:19 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:13 pm Pa’s parrot removed from KFAN too.

Must be a sex scandal
Nah, from what I've gathered, he went on a twitter tirade about how Trump needs to get the wall up, otherwise Mexicans are gonna rape his children, and or force them to take drugs at gun point.
I'm assuming that's your interpretation of what was said and not what was actually said. What did he actually say?
I read that too and thought, "No way did he say anything even remotely close to that."
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

witljon wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:18 pm:zzz:
God I love your avatar.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:45 pm
That's not even close to what bubu dubu said he said.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:00 pm But saying things like “Dems only interest is obstructionism and chaos” when you work for a very public company (that got a massive public handout for a stadium) in a blue state just isn’t smart.
Yeah, that's not the smartest thing run with.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

salamander wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:52 am
It's been said multiple times that this is just one small string. It's the only thing I could find with actual evidence as it was all deleted. I found it in the Wolfson thread talking about it.

In reality there were many tweets. He was raging all day. Not much I can do to prove it to you, sorry.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
salamander

Post by salamander »

Oriole81 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:37 am

fair enough.
Smart not to play their game. It's an attempt at a "gotcha! You love raping women!!" so they can feel morally outraged and holier than thou.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Mandatory wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:00 am
salamander wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:52 am
It's been said multiple times that this is just one small string. It's the only thing I could find with actual evidence as it was all deleted. I found it in the Wolfson thread talking about it.

In reality there were many tweets. He was raging all day. Not much I can do to prove it to you, sorry.
Yeah, I got to that part later. I've been reading this thread and responding to posts as I get to them.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

#BaltimoreStrong
Dude

Post by Dude »

salamander wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:04 am

fair enough.
Smart not to play their game. It's an attempt at a "gotcha! You love raping women!!" so they can feel morally outraged and holier than thou.
"Their," "they..."

It's one guy responding to another guy. Why do you have such an urge to turn it into a "them vs us" mindset?
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

salamander wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:04 am

fair enough.
I think it’s more that I’m just absolutely right about this.

- Carl Jung
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Mandatory wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:26 am
Who the hell is “negative Dave” and are his sources any better than TubeGuy’s?

- Carl Jung
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Oriole81 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:34 pm
Deep Purple wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:12 pm

Link?
I don't, would just recommend googling. with that in mind, she did sue to get it off most mainstream sites so not sure how easy it is to find anymore without getting into some of the more unsafe sites.
good luck though.
I'm having a really hard time reconciling your defense of her as a victim while also admitting you watched the video. That's kinda fucked up.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:50 am
Negative Dave is a guy that used to call into PAs show weekly as part of a bit, he would be "negative" and PA would argue. That was literally the bit. They got rid of the bit because PA got a bunch of hatemail from the bobos over it, they didn't like him being so negative lol. I doubt he has any sources, but I find it interesting that someone connected with PA is taking these kinda shots.

#BaltimoreStrong
Joe Bag 'O Donuts

Post by Joe Bag 'O Donuts »

Mandatory wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:02 am
Negative Dave is a guy that used to call into PAs show weekly as part of a bit, he would be "negative" and PA would argue. That was literally the bit. They got rid of the bit because PA got a bunch of hatemail from the bobos over it, they didn't like him being so negative lol. I doubt he has any sources, but I find it interesting that someone connected with PA is taking these kinda shots.
The last part about Zimmer wanting someone gone is the indicator that there's no truth to the first part.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Joe Bag 'O Donuts wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:04 am

The last part about Zimmer wanting someone gone is the indicator that there's no truth to the first part.
Its a damn good thing your posts are usually 1 sentence. If they were 4-5 sentences, then it would be 4-5 sentences someone would have to read multiple times to try and figure out wtf you are babbling about. :lol:
MinVike

Post by MinVike »

If he’s dumb enough to talk politics with the job that he has he doesn’t deserve a job he’s an idiot.
JigglyPuff

Post by JigglyPuff »

fuck LIBTARDS and fuck MAGTARDS. Bunch of brain-dead zombies!
SDVikesfan

Post by SDVikesfan »

Had a long drive on Sunday and listened to PA's Friday podcast before tuning into the game.

Thought it was weird how subdued PA was on Friday before an upcoming big game.

Thought it was weirder that AP guy Jon Krawzynski who usually is on with Barreiro was on the Friday Football Feast and no Wobby (he and and PA go together like oil and water) but chalked it up to the fact the guy is from Blaine and that is where the feast was being broadcast from.

I commented to my wife on Sunday that I was surprised that PA was not more enthusiastic during the broadcast.

Now it makes sense.

For PA losing Wobby is like a death in the family.

Can't wait to hear what really went down.
Joe Bag 'O Donuts

Post by Joe Bag 'O Donuts »

hategreenticemase wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:04 pm
Joe Bag 'O Donuts wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:04 am

Its a damn good thing your posts are usually 1 sentence. If they were 4-5 sentences, then it would be 4-5 sentences someone would have to read multiple times to try and figure out wtf you are babbling about. :lol:
Did you not get the syllabus? How can I help you understand that it would be a ridiculous notion that Zim wanted to get rid of someone after the game, and he chose Wobby? Does that make the real reason, according to this guy, more or less likely?