Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Bradbury Game 2

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
twgerber

Bradbury Game 2

Post by twgerber »

Interesting view of this play.

GM Spielman:
  • Record 62-48-2 (.559 winning %)
  • Playoffs 1-3
  • 7 years - reached playoffs 3 times.
  • Winner of the North 2 of last 4 years
Zimmer is 48-33-1
-VikingsTw-

Re: Bradbury Game 2

Post by -VikingsTw- »

Good Stuff. I was a Bradburry guy I think he's just gonna get better, he dominated on the long Dalvin TD.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

He's been below my expectations for a round 1 center. I thought he got blown up a lot. I agree that he has long-term potential and does a number of things well. But I don't think he's a physical match for NFL interior linemen in power situations yet. That is a problem.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:03 pm He's been below my expectations for a round 1 center. I thought he got blown up a lot. I agree that he has long-term potential and does a number of things well. But I don't think he's a physical match for NFL interior linemen in power situations yet. That is a problem.
Completely agree. He's been graded out horribly by PFF. Also, he has been manhandled quite a bit.

WAY under my expectations also. Might have to give him some time but he was hyped as a "Plug and play" Day 1 starter in the draft.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

He’s started his NFL career going up against two of the better tackles in the league. Give the kid a chance to get his feet wet for fuck’s sake.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

You can see the potential is there.

Let's hope the line can continue to gel.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

He's been pretty solid and tough run blocking consistently, and has been getting pushed around and pretty bad in pass pro. It's 2 career games. You'd like a center taken top 20 to come in and dominate day 1 but that's probably not realistic.
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

The thing I liked in the video was that even if he was beat he stuck to his guy and seemed to be able to redirect him somewhat so Cousins could move and have a chance.

I see other lineman get beat and their guy is past them. Bradbury always seems to have a hand on them.
GM Spielman:
  • Playoffs 1-3
Zimmer is 48-33-1
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:03 pm He's been below my expectations for a round 1 center. I thought he got blown up a lot. I agree that he has long-term potential and does a number of things well. But I don't think he's a physical match for NFL interior linemen in power situations yet. That is a problem.
Agreed, but I'm wondering how much this has to do with scheme. I've been under the impression that Centers usually get a bit of help in passing situations, since they're always going to a half step behind, since their first action is snapping the ball. It looks like Bradbury is on his own, probably because the help has to be used to cover up more deficient players. Just a thought.
Dayman, Fighter of the Nightman.

Stup up, Abe!
Tmoney

Post by Tmoney »

B-Town wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:53 am
Agreed, but I'm wondering how much this has to do with scheme. I've been under the impression that Centers usually get a bit of help in passing situations, since they're always going to a half step behind, since their first action is snapping the ball. It looks like Bradbury is on his own, probably because the help has to be used to cover up more deficient players. Just a thought.
They do. And lets not forget he has played 2 games and has had 2 different people to his left.

One if the pressures he gave up he was playing inside leverage and was doing fine the the guy went wide and Bradberry let him and at that same time Dakota Dozier left to help Reiff. Looked like he thought he had the help to his left.

He will get familiar with elflein, add some strength.

He will be good, hes still a kid.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

I question PFF "grading". But Bradbury has been ok in my opinion. He needs to work on his Pass Pro anchor, but that was known before he was drafted. HIs strength is his mobility, angles, technique, and combo blocking and we have seen those strengths.

I personally would have traded down and taken Cody Ford or Jawan Taylor, then moved up a bit in the 2nd and selected Eric McCoy. I said right after the draft that the difference between McCoy and Bradbury wasn't that significant and I think that still is the case. The net of the two trades probably still gives us incremental draft capital, Rick can still manuever in the 3rd when he traded almost completely out of the round to select Mattison, and I still would have moved in the 4th to take Samia.

While Irv Smith may develop, I think a draft of Taylor-McCoy-Mattison-Samia (plus draft capital) looks better now than Bradbury-Smith-Mattison-Samia.
The alternative added offensive line depth at tackle, center, and guard.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Only 2 games but certainly looks like the long term answer at center. If this line stays healthy I am optimistic for the future!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

B-Town wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:53 am
You’re right that centers usually do get help.

It’s early, and there’s no reason to believe he won’t be a very good/great player over his career, but my expectation of a first-round center is that Nick Mangold freak who can stand up to nfl DTs from day 1. I know prospects like that don’t come around very often, but neither are centers drafted in the first round very often.

- Isaac Asimov
Phrooster

Post by Phrooster »

-Jaymo- wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:33 pm He’s started his NFL career going up against two of the better tackles in the league. Give the kid a chance to get his feet wet for fuck’s sake.
Shouldn't they be wet! he goes up against Joseph in practice
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

Phrooster wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:03 am
-Jaymo- wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:33 pm He’s started his NFL career going up against two of the better tackles in the league. Give the kid a chance to get his feet wet for fuck’s sake.
Shouldn't they be wet! he goes up against Joseph in practice
Joseph missed all of camp and I doubt they do very much head to head during the season.
GM Spielman:
  • Playoffs 1-3
Zimmer is 48-33-1
Car Ramrod

Post by Car Ramrod »

I don’t know if he will ever be a mauler but man his athleticism really shows in that clip.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Car Ramrod wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:06 pm I don’t know if he will ever be a mauler but man his athleticism really shows in that clip.
I don’t mean to beat a dead horse, but if he bulks up to handle the kinds of guys who are giving him fits, will he still be this superior athlete for the position or will it affect his speed and mobility? If it does and he’s an “either/or” guy instead of a “both” guy, is he a reach in the first round?

- Isaac Asimov
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

twgerber wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:28 am The thing I liked in the video was that even if he was beat he stuck to his guy and seemed to be able to redirect him somewhat so Cousins could move and have a chance.

I see other lineman get beat and their guy is past them. Bradbury always seems to have a hand on them.
That's why he gets called for holding.

#MOIST

:lol: :lol: :lol:
1.10.22: Never Forget! Zimmer and Spielman are done destroying the Vikings Organization!

Still can’t start a thread on this forum! Bozo’s hate the truth!
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Game 3 was better.

I think he had one bad holding call (think it was him), but was very good otherwise. Got downfield on blocks a number of times to spring our stable of competent RBs.

- Isaac Asimov