Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Jalen Ramsey trade rumors

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
cunningham

Re: Jalen Ramsey trade rumors

Post by cunningham »

Da Gas Man wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:58 pm How about Kirk for Jalen straight up? :lol:
:thumbsup:
Deep Purple

Post by Deep Purple »

The Vikings need their high draft picks for a QB......no not a KICKER!
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:32 pm Thelen (and his money) and 1st rdr for Jalen.

Tip the scales and go all in on winning games Bears-style (with D). Awe- Shucks- Kurk- can focus on feeding Diggs on slants, drags, aka any route 7-11 yards, so Diggy can catch and run.

Jalen and Barr, lining up all over the joint. Let Zimmer play PlayStation!
I would be fine with this. Get Bisi in there!

Rather trade Waynes though. We would have a jam at CB and Waynes may be gone anyway.

I do think Thielens contract will be a albatross two years from now though.
Last edited by RubeTube on Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Phrooster

Post by Phrooster »

:naners: :clap:
cunningham wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:09 pm
Da Gas Man wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:58 pm How about Kirk for Jalen straight up? :lol:
:drinky:

:thumbsup:
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Vikings only have 1 million in cap space so we would have to send a player out.

Jags have 9 million in cap space, Jalen’s cap this season is 3.6 and a 13 million 5th year option next year.

Vikings send 2020 1st round pick and Trae Wayne’s 9 million to Jags for Ramsey.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
Hole Nova Level

Post by Hole Nova Level »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:44 pm
Hole Nova Level wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:32 pm Thelen (and his money) and 1st rdr for Jalen.

Tip the scales and go all in on winning games Bears-style (with D). Awe- Shucks- Kurk- can focus on feeding Diggs on slants, drags, aka any route 7-11 yards, so Diggy can catch and run.

Rather trade Waynes though. We would have a jam at CB and Waynes may be gone anyway.

Jalen doesn't HAVE to be limited to CB. He can literally play anywhere. I think Zimmer would walk around on the side-lines with a clear (non Blue-Chew) erection if he Had Ramsey and Barr on the field.

Jalen could line up at DT, and on the snap run back and play safety. He's that f-ckin athletic. His breed is RARE (And Barr too). Physically and athletically Barr and Ramsey are the top percentile-FREAKS.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:08 pm Vikings only have 1 million in cap space so we would have to send a player out.

Jags have 9 million in cap space, Jalen’s cap this season is 3.6 and a 13 million 5th year option next year.

Vikings send 2020 1st round pick and Trae Wayne’s 9 million to Jags for Ramsey.
Lets do it!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:15 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:44 pm

Jalen doesn't HAVE to be limited to CB. He can literally play anywhere. I think Zimmer would walk around on the side-lines with a clear (non Blue-Chew) erection if he Had Ramsey and Barr on the field.

Jalen could line up at DT, and on the snap run back and play safety. He's that f-ckin athletic. His breed is RARE (And Barr too). Physically and athletically Barr and Ramsey are the top percentile-FREAKS.
Definitely.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

I do think we'd be wise to seriously look at QB in Rd 1 next year so am apprehensive about moving out our pick, but next year's draft is deep enough at the QB position where we could still get a nice prospect by trading back into late Rd1.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Oriole81 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:52 pm I do think we'd be wise to seriously look at QB in Rd 1 next year so am apprehensive about moving out our pick, but next year's draft is deep enough at the QB position where we could still get a nice prospect by trading back into late Rd1.
But you just don't take a QB to take one. You "Identify", Oriole.

If there isn't some you like, you take a good player and go to another rd or draft the position the next year.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:56 pm
Oriole81 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:52 pm I do think we'd be wise to seriously look at QB in Rd 1 next year so am apprehensive about moving out our pick, but next year's draft is deep enough at the QB position where we could still get a nice prospect by trading back into late Rd1.

If there isn't some you like, you take a good player and go to another rd or draft the position the next year.
Obviously I know that, but my point is that since the talent is so rich at the position next year that it's very reasonable that a very good prospect should still be available to make said move.
This is not a "take a QB for the sake of taking one" statement.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

The whole reason he’s pissed off is he wants a long term huge money deal. The Vikings can’t do that. This move isn’t going to happen. It’s about as plausible as Gerrit Cole signing with the Twins this offseason.

The Chiefs or Baltimore makes sense.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Oriole81 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:00 pm

Obviously I know that, but my point is that since the talent is so rich at the position next year that it's very reasonable that a very good prospect should still be available to make said move.
Nice.

I feel some here feel like we absolutely need to take one. It's week 3. Cousins still may play his way into a new contract whether people want to hear it or not.

This team has all the talent to be all in.

Waynes and a 1st for Ramsey would be straight sex imo.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:02 pm

Nice.

I feel some here feel like we absolutely need to take one. It's week 3. Cousins still may play his way into a new contract whether people want to hear it or not.

This team has all the talent to be all in.

Waynes and a 1st for Ramsey would be straight sex imo.
You could think of us too like the Chiefs were a few years back, where they were a contending team already with Alex Smith, but still traded up for Mahomes to see if he could take them to the next level.
We have an opportunity like that also.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

If Cousins doesn't pan out (I still think he earns a extension here) I want a super gifted athlete. One of these Murray, Jackson, Mahomes types and a young HC with some offensive innovation.

I'm tired of watching this team play like its 1985.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Small Hands wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:00 pm The whole reason he’s pissed off is he wants a long term huge money deal. The Vikings can’t do that. This move isn’t going to happen. It’s about as plausible as Gerrit Cole signing with the Twins this offseason.

He has a 5th year team option at 13 million next year.

His extension wouldn’t kick in until 2021 and that’s when Kirk’s money comes off the books. I would give it to him because two years later, Xavier might be done and we roll with Ramsey and Hughes.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Kirk has a no trade clause and 31 million guaranteed coming to him next season. Vikings aren’t drafting a QB in round 1.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:11 pm
Kirk has a no trade clause and 31 million guaranteed coming to him next season. Vikings aren’t drafting a QB in round 1.
Where did I say trade him?
Cousins can play out his contract while the young guy learns for a year (see my comment above about Mahomes) or they could just bench Cousins if he doesn't do what he's supposed to do.

$31M or not, it's important to start thinking of contingencies earlier than later.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

That's where I would disagree. It really depends on the rest of the year. If Kirk very underwhelms for the rest of the year, then they will know that they are NOT re-signing him before his third year. His third year is a sunk cost. Making decisions to justify a sunk cost is stupid. If they know they plan to move on from Cousins after his contract is up, then having a rookie QB sit for a year or take over mid-season is smart. To not pick a QB under the premise that Kirk has another year and they will deal with it afterwards, is shortsighted.

Not to mention that if Kirk fails this year badly, there is a good chance that Speilman isn't drafting. And if Speilman is drafting, he would be wise to draft Kirk's backup plan to save his backside. Drafting QBs in the last year of expensive veterans is done often. See E. Manning.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

If a top tier QB is available to the "Queens" in next April's draft then you take him and don't even think twice about it.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
mancini199

Post by mancini199 »

do either Rhodes or waynes and a pick for Ramsey..He is the best cb in the league and really young...Worry bout money later, roll into next year with Ramsey,Mack,Hughes,,,Zim would have a field day with someone like Ramsey and would probably trade his own kid for a db like him...Use the money they were gonna give Waynes
Porridge

Post by Porridge »

... and then go get Sloter to start at QB!

Lettttts play!
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:10 pm
Small Hands wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:00 pm The whole reason he’s pissed off is he wants a long term huge money deal. The Vikings can’t do that. This move isn’t going to happen. It’s about as plausible as Gerrit Cole signing with the Twins this offseason.

He has a 5th year team option at 13 million next year.

His extension wouldn’t kick in until 2021 and that’s when Kirk’s money comes off the books. I would give it to him because two years later, Xavier might be done and we roll with Ramsey and Hughes.
I'd rather save that money. Cut Joseph next offseason, and get a solid DT.
Offsides 97 defense

Post by Offsides 97 defense »

Da Gas Man wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:36 pm Not sure how the money works, but if they want Rhodes and a second, I'm game. I can't imagine WHY they would want that but hey.....

If they want Waynes, they can have him.

But I have no idea how the money would work for any of this.
Stop it. "Rhodes is an elite shutdown corner"
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
"1800, Engineers, You go out and find mines"
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

GET HIM!!!
bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

This team isn't that close. It would be stupid to start throwing picks around in desperation. Kirk would still be the quarterback and he clearly isn't capable of winning anything meaningful.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Da Gas Man wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:52 pm
That's where I would disagree. It really depends on the rest of the year. If Kirk very underwhelms for the rest of the year, then they will know that they are NOT re-signing him before his third year. His third year is a sunk cost. Making decisions to justify a sunk cost is stupid. If they know they plan to move on from Cousins after his contract is up, then having a rookie QB sit for a year or take over mid-season is smart. To not pick a QB under the premise that Kirk has another year and they will deal with it afterwards, is shortsighted.

Not to mention that if Kirk fails this year badly, there is a good chance that Speilman isn't drafting. And if Speilman is drafting, he would be wise to draft Kirk's backup plan to save his backside. Drafting QBs in the last year of expensive veterans is done often. See E. Manning.
Yes!

Thank you!

5 years without drafting a quarterback in any round. No way we trade our first rounder and no way should Spielman pick. Let Kubiak have the pick. Give him, his son, and Stefanski a guy they can teach.

I have been begging for us to take a quarterback ever since Teddy got hurt. Every damn year I hope and pray we take one. Every year a guy I like starts to fall and I think, “Lamar Jackson was Teddy’s replacement at Louisville, why not take a shot.” People say, we just signed Cousins... or even before Cousins was signed... all I heard here was “oh man, put Cousins’ stats on this team and we cannot go wrong!”

But here we are. Still talking about trading the first round pick. Forget that. This past draft Dwayne Haskins was falling... Now the Redskins have Keenum and Haskins. This year I hear there are a few.

We have to take another shot at quarterback in the draft! Nothing is more important than that position.
BigInflateable

Post by BigInflateable »

I agree with the Vikings needing to find the guy at QB through the draft. Though you keep throwing out this BS about Haskins and it's making me roll my eyes all the way into the back of my head. 1) The Vikings absolutely had to take a shot at an o lineman. They drafted the highest rated center available at their position. 2) You are now çonsistantly ripping said choice of drafting an o lineman, claiming we could of or should of moved up in the draft to land Haskens who was falling in the draft. 3) So with your stupid assed logic that you're constantly spewing as of late, we should have rolled the dice in later rounds on O line, thrown a rookie QB to the wolves wiht the already disastrous o line from years prior? All of this without any proof, what so ever, if Haskens is even worth two fucking nickles. This is why you sound like a spastic moron, who most likely, is never taken seriously on any of these threads.
Tmoney

Post by Tmoney »

Maybe deion Sanders being FSU alum and a huge fan of Zimmer may influence where Jalen would want to go.

I would think being the last year of his deal a contract agreement would be in place before a trade happens.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Tmoney wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:50 am Maybe deion Sanders being FSU alum and a huge fan of Zimmer may influence where Jalen would want to go.

I would think being the last year of his deal a contract agreement would be in place before a trade happens.
:lol: Where do these people come from?