Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Jalen Ramsey trade rumors

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Mplsfonz

Jalen Ramsey trade rumors

Post by Mplsfonz »

The Jags want a first and maybe a player.

Any interest, and who could we send?

Please lock if there is a thread on this already.

Big risk sending him out on Thursday, for both sides possibly.
Hole Nova Level

Re: Jalen Ramsey trade rumors

Post by Hole Nova Level »

I’d love em!!
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

Jalen might be the Kahlil Mack of CB's. If you're a Jags fan you hate to lose him. If you one of the other 31 it might be worth the price tag.

If he is the best CB in the NFL at his age and current salary he probably is worth two first rounders.

Watched a bit today from Skor North, they are all in. I think the only way to make this work is to trade one of the starters in Rhodes or Waynes along with a first rounder. #1 you need the cap space to make it work and #2 you gotta make room for him to start. I don't know if the Jags would take Rhodes, they might take Waynes.

I think the Vikings are good at CB once some of these guys get healthy and off suspension. I think it's a little bit overblown how needy they really are right now. IMO it's more about just acquiring the best young CB in the league rather that sheer desperation for a CB.
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

Not sure how the money works, but if they want Rhodes and a second, I'm game. I can't imagine WHY they would want that but hey.....

If they want Waynes, they can have him.

But I have no idea how the money would work for any of this.
Hole Nova Level

Jalen lines up everywhere. Him in our secondary would be so bomb!

Him and Barr on the same d flying everywhere!!! Simmer would have a blast!

And he’s a ball hawk.

And awe shucks Kurk as we know need many chances at driving the o down field.
D_B_U

Post by D_B_U »

With the $$$ attached to him and the hissy fit if he doesnt feel like he is being used correctly, I am not so sure.

I would replace Rhodes with him but because of price tag, I say we just keep Waynes.

If Fitzpatrick cost a 1st round pick from a team who probably will be drafting in top 10 or 15, I can only assume Ramsey is closer to multiple firsts.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

No thanks. Complete head case and he will cost you a boatload of money along with a boatload of assets.

My sources tell me he is destined for the Chiefs.

Stay Tuned!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:01 pm No thanks. Complete head case and he will cost you a boatload of money along with a boatload of assets.

My sources tell me he is destined for the Chiefs.

Stay Tuned!
Going rate for a CB at the end of their contract is a 2nd rounder. Maybe a 1st if there is some competition for his services.
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

Money wise, captain Kirk could give some back to make up the difference. Lol
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Trading to help the defense sounds genius!
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:33 am Trading to help the defense sounds genius!
:lol:

Look at it this way. Do you want the Vikes to trade a 1st rounder for Ramsey or spend a 1st rounder on another CB in next year's draft? One or the other is going to happen, as long as Zim and Spielman are still here.
Dayman, Fighter of the Nightman.

Stup up, Abe!
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

B-Town wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:50 am
HeHateMe wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:33 am Trading to help the defense sounds genius!
:lol:

Look at it this way. Do you want the Vikes to trade a 1st rounder for Ramsey or spend a 1st rounder on another CB in next year's draft? One or the other is going to happen, as long as Zim and Spielman are still here.
It's an interesting deal -- to think about what they are going to do with the first pick. QB, RB, WR, TE, interior OL all probably not happening. I would guess at this point it's defensive end or secondary so yeah, maybe that's the right move. More ideal would be sending Waynes plus a later pick for Ramsey.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

cunningham

Post by cunningham »

We need that first for a quarterback next year. We have no money left for these kind of thoughts though.

At least I am praying we take a quarterback if one falls to around where we pick. I could see Rick doing this just to make sure no one asks him to draft a quarterback in the next draft.
sh1mmyya

Post by sh1mmyya »

He'll go to KC.
Formally known as Pooperscooper
Never forget page 116
Rip Flip
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

sh1mmyya wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:22 pm He'll go to KC.
Kc doesn’t have a 1st
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Ramsey will be due an enormous contract extension after next season, and has already shown he is a holdout risk after this season if he doesn’t get a new deal.

I don’t care that he’s brash and cocky, but the team might, and I wouldn’t blame them if they didn’t want to deal with that right now.

Trading Rhodes + a first rounder might improve you for 2019, but is a horrible move for the long term because you’re likely going to have to give him a ton of money immediately after this season AND you’ll be down a first round pick that this team desperately needs with their salary cap situation.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

I’d do Trae and 1st for Jalen
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:32 pm Ramsey will be due an enormous contract extension after next season, and has already shown he is a holdout risk after this season if he doesn’t get a new deal.

I don’t care that he’s brash and cocky, but the team might, and I wouldn’t blame them if they didn’t want to deal with that right now.

Trading Rhodes + a first rounder might improve you for 2019, but is a horrible move for the long term because you’re likely going to have to give him a ton of money immediately after this season AND you’ll be down a first round pick that this team desperately needs with their salary cap situation.
I am guessing he wants an extension right now and that is part or all of the reason he wants to be traded. I agree it is not worth it if he needs a new contract and you lose a #1 draft pick.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:42 pm I’d do Trae and 1st for Jalen
Could you imagine a Rhodes and Ramsey duo.

My my my.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:32 pm Ramsey will be due an enormous contract extension after next season, and has already shown he is a holdout risk after this season if he doesn’t get a new deal.

Great point. The Vikings are in cap hell, starting in the coming offseason. Being down a 1st rounder, at the beginning of what will probably be a major overhaul, would be crippling.

That said, if they do trade their 2020 1st rounder, maybe the team takes a major step back and ends up landing Trevor Lawrence. I can dream, right?
Last edited by B-Town on Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dayman, Fighter of the Nightman.

Stup up, Abe!
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

B-Town wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:48 pm

Great point. The Vikings are in cap hell, starting in the coming offseason. Being down a 1st rounder, at the beginning of what will probably be a major overhaul, would be crippling.

That said, if they do trade their 2020 1st rounder, maybe the team takes a major step back in 2020 and ends up landing Trevor Lawrence. I can dream, right?
While the first round pick would hurt, you would be getting a player that you can only dream about getting in the first round. It's like the Bears and Mack. Yes, a draft pick is cheaper but the draft pick would likely not be Jalen Ramsey. Secondly, if it involved Rhodes, then you would be free of Rhodes's contract. (I'm not sure how the cap works out). I think there's a good chance you could roll with Hughes over Waynes and that is additional savings. Add to that, that Reiff will be gone too...

Of course, the loss of the first round pick would mean that they can't draft a LT replacement or a QB replacement (my hope). Ramsey for Rhodes gets them much younger. It opens the window longer.

Plus, Kirk's contract comes off the books one year after next offseason (hopefully).

Bottom line is that if it means getting rid of Rhodes, you are simply replacing an older premier corner with a much younger more premier corner. But I still can't see how this would work out. Why would they want Rhodes?
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

How about Kirk for Jalen straight up? :lol:
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:47 pm

My my my.
Wayne’s is gone after this season. He’s not worth high extension. Solid but not great.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

B-Town wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:48 pm

That said, if they do trade their 2020 1st rounder, maybe the team takes a major step back and ends up landing Trevor Lawrence. I can dream, right?
I'm on record about 20-30 times on this board that the team absolutely should tank for Lawrence. I bet Miami is thinking the same but forgot he's only a sophomore.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:03 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:47 pm

My my my.
Wayne’s is gone after this season. He’s not worth high extension. Solid but not great.
Depends.

If this team ends up having a really good year, most of this group will be back for another year. Waynes could be the odd man out with Hughes ready to take his place.

If this team misses the playoffs again, it's time to unload a guy like Rhodes who is getting up there by the time we are rebuilt.

That Thielen contract is going to look brutal in a year or two if this team goes full rebuild too.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Waynes and a pick. Go for it.

If the Jags plan on trading him soon, they would be morons to play him tonight.
Let's get Tropical
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Well we know they were shopping Waynes.

Fudge it. Let's go for it. We will probably have some mediocre pick anyway and end up with some half ass Olinemen.

Pull the trigger, Rick!

This defense would be fawking NASTY, boys.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

We would match up very well against anyone if we had Ramsey and Xavier.

Ramsey on Adams, Xavier on MSV or Allison

Ramsey on Jones, Xavier on golladay

Ramsey on Robinson, Xavier on whoever Bears number 2 lol
Hole Nova Level

Thelen (and his money) and 1st rdr for Jalen.

Tip the scales and go all in on winning games Bears-style (with D). Awe- Shucks- Kurk- can focus on feeding Diggs on slants, drags, aka any route 7-11 yards, so Diggy can catch and run.

Jalen and Barr, lining up all over the joint. Let Zimmer play PlayStation!