Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

if Giants Release Eli

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Philo Beddoe

if Giants Release Eli

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Would you want the Vikings to sign him and start over Cousins?

Giants just announced the Rookie is going to start.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
cunningham

Re: if Giants Release Eli

Post by cunningham »

We don't have the money and if Shurmur is dumping him why would we sign another team's cast off? Have we not learned our lesson with Bradford and Cousins now? Salary cap isn't gonna let this happen either.

We need to trade to the top of the draft and take the best quarterback. Spielman needs to be fired though because he cannot pick another quarterback for this team. If Spielman picks he will take the bust for sure. Norv wanted Bridgewater and Rick wanted Johnny Football. Spielman took Ponder. No way he should be allowed to make these decisions anymore. NEVER AGAIN!
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Can't trade for him.. But if they release him, Giants are paying his salary. Vikings could get him for minimum for one year.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

No just No.
GM Spielman:
  • Record 62-48-2 (.559 winning %)
  • Playoffs 1-3
  • 7 years - reached playoffs 3 times.
  • Winner of the North 2 of last 4 years
Zimmer is 48-33-1
Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Post by Night Train »

cunningham wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:39 am We don't have the money and if Shurmur is dumping him why would we sign another team's cast off?
Because that's what the Vikings do with QBs.
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
Night Train

Post by Night Train »

And also, realistically it doesn't make sense to replace one cast off garbage QB with another cast off declining QB.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

sh1mmyya

Post by sh1mmyya »

You guys are seriously overreacting. Cousins sucks no doubt, but c'mon.
Formally known as Pooperscooper
Never forget page 116
Rip Flip
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

No
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

If you think Cousins is bad, you'd really be unhappy with Eli. He's awful. Hes also a statue and can't stand getting hit. How would that work with this shit offensive line?

Ride it out with Cousins, and hope we can get Fromm in the middle of the first next spring.
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

Good or bad Vikings are stuck with Cousins for at least this year. Maybe they can draft a guy next year that can beat him out. Although unlikely, there is still time for him to turn it around and play well in big games.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

This entire forum is in shambles.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:09 pm This entire forum is in shambles.
It isn't just here. Click on the comments on the StarTrib or anything on the internet right now.

I know you and others have worked hard all offseason to defend Cousins, but the floodgates have opened. People are sick of this.

You should do some more draft analysis of quarterbacks for next season. You sure didn't want to draft one this season....

And why? What about that Bears game to end the season gave you the confidence you have had all offseason? This is exactly how last season ended.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

I’d take Eli for the remaining year over two more years of Kirk.

Then we can start over at QB this off season either through draft or free agency.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Lol

Good.LORD.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Night Train

Post by Night Train »

Obi-Wan wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:08 pm Good or bad Vikings are stuck with Cousins for at least this year. Maybe they can draft a guy next year that can beat him out. Although unlikely, there is still time for him to turn it around and play well in big games.
Seems like the next time Cousins wins a big game will be the first time he's won a big game.

Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

cunningham wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:22 pm
It isn't just here. Click on the comments on the StarTrib or anything on the internet right now.

I know you and others have worked hard all offseason to defend Cousins, but the floodgates have opened. People are sick of this.

You should do some more draft analysis of quarterbacks for next season. You sure didn't want to draft one this season....

And why? What about that Bears game to end the season gave you the confidence you have had all offseason? This is exactly how last season ended.
Believing that stiffs like Keenum and Bridgewater are worse than Cousins are much different than “defending Cousins all offseason.”

I’m not sure why or how an adult human can’t comprehend something that simple, but here you are.
vikesbumeout
***Official Gibby Award Winner - August 2018***

Post by vikesbumeout »

NO..........but it might help Three Dog Night sales.

Eli's comin'
Eli's comin' (Eli's a-comin')
Well you better hide your heart, your loving heart
Eli's a-comin' and the cards say... a broken heart
Liberals are always so confident in their ideas until history meets up with them
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:39 pm

Believing that stiffs like Keenum and Bridgewater are worse than Cousins are much different than “defending Cousins all offseason.”

I’m not sure why or how an adult human can’t comprehend something that simple, but here you are.
Exactly this.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

You bozos should be fucking ashamed of yourselves!

Look what Spielman has done to you guys!

You are arguing over Eli, Keenum, Bridgewater or Kaepernick to be a starting QB for the Vikings!

This is fucking embarrassing for anyone who visits this forum!

#MOIST

:lol: :lol: :lol:
1.10.22: Never Forget! Zimmer and Spielman are done destroying the Vikings Organization!

Still can’t start a thread on this forum! Bozo’s hate the truth!
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:53 pm

Exactly this.
Except now if you notice... I am in the majority.

What does that say about you and a small handful of others?

Have you looked at Keenum's stat line compared to Cousins so far this year?

Take a look and then tell me who looks more stiff.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Ok, by that token, riddle me this, Batman. You know he is a complete baffoon and is clueless on football. Worse yet, he is beyond obsessed with Cousins and becomes even more ridiculous whenever the topic turns to that.

You have a clue and can have a legit football discussion. You seem to have reason and aren't obsessed with anything football related. Yet, you debate with him and then are surprised the result is bang your head against the wall type stuff. I’m not sure why or how an adult human can’t comprehend something that simple, but here you are.

:lol:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

cunningham wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:35 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:53 pm

Exactly this.
Except now if you notice... I am in the majority.

What does that say about you and a small handful of others?

Have you looked at Keenum's stat line compared to Cousins so far this year?

Take a look and then tell me who looks more stiff.
It's been two fucking games!

Show us their stat lines last year! Or for their careers.

You are in a majority of morons, great.

Like I have said many times before this and Ash said... It's fine if you don't like Cousins but you want to replace him with horrible option after horrible option.

It just goes to show you the Vikings did the right thing by signing him. He was the best option whether it works or not. All you fools can come up with his horrible QB after horrible QB to replace him with.

About the only other viable option was Lamar Jackson looking back on it.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

hategreenticemase wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:40 pm

Ok, by that token, riddle me this, Batman. You know he is a complete baffoon and is clueless on football. Worse yet, he is beyond obsessed with Cousins and becomes even more ridiculous whenever the topic turns to that.

You have a clue and can have a legit football discussion. You seem to have reason and aren't obsessed with anything football related. Yet, you debate with him and then are surprised the result is bang your head against the wall type stuff. I’m not sure why or how an adult human can’t comprehend something that simple, but here you are.

And yet you copy a guy who you flat out say abuses women. You call people names and pretend to have a take on Football.

You are an idiot and a troll. It will be proven this season time and again how stupid you were to back Cousins all offseason. Just like how Ash wasted hours of his life analyzing a draft where we took a center. Didn't even really analyze a quarterback and look at where we are now.

Everyone here knows you are a troll and just set people up to attack them. You are trying to play nice, but it will come back out.

You attack others because you have the most generic and simpleton takes on these boards. All you have are insults.

What a waste of time. The only one who responds to you is the same one you follow around copying and calling all sorts of names.

Just sad.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

cunningham wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:50 pm

And yet you copy a guy who you flat out say abuses women. You call people names and pretend to have a take on Football.

You are an idiot and a troll. It will be proven this season time and again how stupid you were to back Cousins all offseason. Just like how Ash wasted hours of his life analyzing a draft where we took a center. Didn't even really analyze a quarterback and look at where we are now.

Everyone here knows you are a troll and just set people up to attack them. You are trying to play nice, but it will come back out.

You attack others because you have the most generic and simpleton takes on these boards. All you have are insults.

What a waste of time. The only one who responds to you is the same one you follow around copying and calling all sorts of names.

Just sad.
I love how he tells people who to talk to and not. As if anyone gives a shit. He's a simpleton racist. We've know that for years.

He will respond to you now after just bitching at Ash for responding to you.

He's got a special place in my heart though. He's a once in a generation puppet.

He's my...

My Buddy My Buddy wherever I go he wants to go my Buddy and me!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:58 pm

Just sad.
I love how he tells people who to talk to and not. As if anyone gives a shit. He's a simpleton racist. We've know that for years.

He's got a special place in my heart though. He's a once in a generation puppet.
Why though? He totally has said horrible crap about you. I mean it is one thing to attack a take, but he takes it too far. It is psycho. It isn't fun, which is what you are doing.

I respect your love of Cousins. I disagree, but I respect when someone takes a stance and drinks the Kool Aid. Right now it tastes like piss water to me. This team got lazy at quarterback and offensive line and it just gets worse. I am beyond frustrated and I vent here. Probably too much. I don't go around and start my posts with how stupid someone is or just call them names though.

What is the point of that? It is trolling. It is sociopath behavior. Then he makes a thread just to bait people so he can say crap about them.

I should just make up a bit and insult people. I guess some people like that here.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

I'd take Peyton if he wanted to come back!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Hornets wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:18 pm I'd take Peyton if he wanted to come back!
Kubiak did win a Super Bowl with a very old and broken down Manning... Maybe he thought he could coach another choker? Although, he did go 0-8 with Keenum as his starter.

This thread and the Colin one are horrible. Just shows how we have been taught to go after retreads.

And maybe even call guys out of retirement.. Surprised there isn't a "Get Favre on the horn" thread.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

cunningham wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:07 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:58 pm

Just sad.

Why though? He totally has said horrible crap about you. I mean it is one thing to attack a take, but he takes it too far. It is psycho. It isn't fun, which is what you are doing.

I respect your love of Cousins. I disagree, but I respect when someone takes a stance and drinks the Kool Aid. Right now it tastes like piss water to me. This team got lazy at quarterback and offensive line and it just gets worse. I am beyond frustrated and I vent here. Probably too much. I don't go around and start my posts with how stupid someone is or just call them names though.

What is the point of that? It is trolling. It is sociopath behavior. Then he makes a thread just to bait people so he can say crap about them.

I should just make up a bit and insult people. I guess some people like that here.
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

Signing 2019 Eli Manning would be the equivalent of signing Josh Freeman back in 2013(?)! It might sound like a good idea to some (Slick Rick), but in reality, a complete Mongolian Cluster Fuck!
Phrooster

Post by Phrooster »

Bleeds Purple wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:59 pm Signing 2019 Eli Manning would be the equivalent of signing Josh Freeman back in 2013(?)! It might sound like a good idea to some (Slick Rick), but in reality, a complete Mongolian Cluster Fuck!
This bingo