Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Bears vs Broncos

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
-Jaymo-

Bears vs Broncos

Post by -Jaymo- »

Broncos get absolutely fucked up the ass.
weimy froob

Re: Bears vs Broncos

Post by weimy froob »

-Jaymo- wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:34 pm Broncos get absolutely fucked up the ass.
what happened? the kfan overtime show closed with them saying they made the two point play.
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:35 pm
-Jaymo- wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:34 pm Broncos get absolutely fucked up the ass.
what happened? the kfan overtime show closed with them saying they made the two point play.
Inexcusable roughing the passer called on Chubb. Probably worse than the one they called on Matthews when he hit Cousins last year.
Dude

Post by Dude »

Bears got gifted a timeout with no time on the clock.

The NFL has a big time officiating problem.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Sounds like the Bears were given a fake timeout with zero time on the clock and they kicked a 52 yard field goal to win.
My body, my choice.
sh1mmyya

Post by sh1mmyya »

Horseshit roughing the passer (Didn't put a pillow under his head and kiss him goodnight I guess). Then the clock goes 00:00 but the refs decided to give the Bears a TO with :01. Kid drills a 52 yarder. Ballgame.
Formally known as Pooperscooper
Never forget page 116
Rip Flip
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Dude wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:37 pm

Some of these games, the only way to explain them is the fix is in. Including how New York can now call a penalty after the fact (Diggs reversal).

I'm not sure I'm going to be a fan with this crap.
My body, my choice.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

so the bears made the comeback with 31 seconds left? i thought you were going to tell me they overturned the two point conversion with something that happened against the vikings.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

for decades. and yet it never affects the ratings are all the money that keeps pouring into the league. when fans start revolting-that's when they might finally do something about it. but if that ever happens my guess would be that it's too late.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

sh1mmyya wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:38 pm
Horseshit roughing the passer (Didn't put a pillow under his head and kiss him goodnight I guess). Then the clock goes 00:00 but the refs decided to give the Bears a TO with :01. Kid drills a 52 yarder. Ballgame.
this stuff happens and it actually probably makes the league more popular under any publicity is good publicity section. they'll be talking about this for awhile this week now.
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

Dude

Post by Dude »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:39 pm

Some of these games, the only way to explain them is the fix is in. Including how New York can now call a penalty after the fact (Diggs reversal).

I might be naive but I don't think the league is rigged. I do think the majority of refs are incompetent and the league is either oblivious (unlikely) or just flat out ignores (probably) that fact.

Combine that with the NFL coming in every year with a new "priority agenda," aka the rouging the QB deal last year and PI reviews this year, the refs have no clue how to handle games year over year.

They're 100% making it up as they go along, and there is minimal accountability on their end.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

-Jaymo- wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:01 pm
:lol: they're going crazy in the mile high city. i don't feel too bad for them though-they have three lombardi trophies in the case.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Dude wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:01 pm

I might be naive but I don't think the league is rigged. I do think the majority of refs are incompetent and the league is either oblivious (unlikely) or just flat out ignores (probably) that fact.

Combine that with the NFL coming in every year with a new "priority agenda," aka the rouging the QB deal last year and PI reviews this year, the refs have no clue how to handle games year over year.

They're 100% making it up as they go along, and there is minimal accountability on their end.
Either way.

You have games (plays) completely decided after the fact which, if you are going to do that, then you should be reviewing every play in the game.
My body, my choice.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Roughing call was absolute BS.

The timeout thing was close. Weird to get that call on the road, though.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
Dude

Post by Dude »

Just one more mini rant- Goodwill needs to go. How the fuck does AP get put on the commissioners exempt list but Antonino Brown does not? How the hell does his conduct in Oakland get ignored and his concurrent move to New England not go under investigation? Tyreek Hill gets nothing but Holton Hill gets 8 weeks? Give me a fucking break. I've got no love for Holton or AP but I know a hypocritical situation when I see one.

There's zero consistency with the guy, and he's going to go down as the biggest piece of shit ever to run a major sports league.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Dude wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:08 pm

Just one more mini rant- Goodwill needs to go. How the fuck does AP get put on the commissioners exempt list but Antonino Brown does not? How the hell does his conduct in Oakland get ignored and his concurrent move to New England not go under investigation? Tyreek Hill gets nothing but Holton Hill gets 8 weeks? Give me a fucking break. I've got no love for Holton or AP but I know a hypocritical situation when I see one.

There's zero consistency with the guy, and he's going to go down as the biggest piece of shit ever to run a major sports league.
as long as the owners continue to make money hand over fist everybody's safe from goodell to the part-time refs.
Chuck North

Post by Chuck North »

The NFL is ruining the NFL.

Horrendous call. One of several this weekend.

And yet, when it was all said and done, Mitch Trubisky, made the throws to give his team the chance to win.

Mitch Trubisky.

Let that sink in.
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:05 pm Roughing call was absolute BS.

Hard to realize it in the moment, but if they just wait for the clock to hit zero before they touch the WR, it’s ballgame.

He was clearly touched down with at least 1 second left. Not sure if anybody was calling TO or not.
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

Nah. Once you lay down the clock can stop. Don’t need to be touched.
40+ year Viking fan turned Packer fan turned J-E-T-S fan.
Dude

Post by Dude »

JPM wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:30 pm Nah. Once you lay down the clock can stop. Don’t need to be touched.
No shit.

The issue I have with it is nobody blew the play dead or siginaled that the Bears called a timeout. They huddled up after the fact and the best that I can tell is they made a bunch of assumptions.

That game should have been over.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

JPM wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:30 pm Nah. Once you lay down the clock can stop. Don’t need to be touched.
Exactly. Any player can give himself up at any time. It’s just like taking a knee at the end of a game. Nobody has to touch the QB in those situations.

My guess is that the coach (the only guy that can call a TO these days, right?) was screaming “timeout” as soon as the ball left Mitch’s hand.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

The Broncos got fucked so hard by the refs you'd have sworn they were playing at Lamblow
Let's get Tropical
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:05 pm Roughing call was absolute BS.

Exactly right on both. That said, last thing should have never even came to be - game is over if not for the asinine penalty. It was a game changer and just plain bad.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Who gives a shit.

This division will come down to Vikings or GB.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master