Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

whine line

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
weimy froob

whine line

Post by weimy froob »

same old same old. cove and johnson talking to each other and forgetting about the callers who stay on hold forever. terrible.
JigglyPuff

Re: whine line

Post by JigglyPuff »

This is why SKOR North is the shit. You get callers galore and very minimal commercials. Fuck KFAN
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

JigglyPuff wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:18 pm This is why SKOR North is the shit. You get callers galore and very minimal commercials. Fuck KFAN
they think that their dialogue is entertaining. it's not. take calls.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

worth listening to just because of that leber interview of DC.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

The calls are terrible. One guy wanted Cousins benched for Sloter.

Sloter isn’t on the team anymore.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

but of course they're not going to a caller after that. more noise/dialogue between cove and johnson. they love to hear themselves talk. :lol:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

a caller finally spits out "is spielman's job on the line?" of course cove takes the company line and says "no i don't think so." and hopefully you heard what he said afterwards. at least johnson is playing a little bit of a devil's advocate. cove's a tool.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:59 pm a caller finally spits out "is spielman's job on the line?" of course cove takes the company line and says "no i don't think so." and hopefully you heard what he said afterwards. at least johnson is playing a little bit of a devil's advocate. cove's a tool.
Spielman should have been fired after last season.

This wasn’t gonna get better. Cousins is 31 and this is what he is. He is getting worse. I thought he might improve. Play off the run, but my God, the end-zone pass, fumbling, leading with his head, and poor accuracy we saw today was scary.

This offseason they kept quiet because they know they are screwed. You didn’t hear a peep from Cousins.

That was Spielman.

Why not draft a quarterback? 5 years now.

Offensive line. Bradbury shouldn’t be out there, but no money.

Light the torches! Spielman!!!!
Teh DMB

Post by Teh DMB »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:55 pm The calls are terrible. One guy wanted Cousins benched for Sloter.

What kind of voice did DH have?
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:55 pm The calls are terrible. One guy wanted Cousins benched for Sloter.

that's kind of a misrepresentation of that call. that guy wasn't really asking for sloter-he just wanted cousins to sit for a week and he didn't care who the backup was-but most of the calls are bad. that's all the more reason why you take more so you can occasionally find the pony amongst all the horse dung.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

i would say that johnson has improved a little over last year. now he's just a couple shades of under mediocre instead of outright terrible.

great PA and bercich interaction on the cousins interception in the end zone replay to get this segment started though. i don't care what anybody says-PA is great on the big plays-both good and bad. :lol:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

oh and then more talk from these two sponsored by some commercial enterprise. lulz. great somebody comes in talking about how long he was on hold though. take the hint cove!
salamander

Post by salamander »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:55 pm but of course they're not going to a caller after that. more noise/dialogue between cove and johnson. they love to hear themselves talk. :lol:
Cove LOVES the sound of his own voice.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Classic, Cove actually just said we should have went for two even after Diggs penalty. :lol:

It's the 3rd quarter and most NFL coaches don't do that in 3rd even qtr from the two - ZERO coaches go for it from the 12 in the 3rd fucking quarter. Priceless.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:30 pm Classic, Cove actually just said we should have went for two even after Diggs penalty. :lol:

It's the 3rd quarter and most NFL coaches don't do that in 3rd even qtr from the two - ZERO coaches go for it from the 12 in the 3rd fucking quarter. Priceless.
I’d be the 17, wouldn’t it?
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:30 pm Classic, Cove actually just said we should have went for two even after Diggs penalty. :lol:

he doesn't care much for football and just spouts nonsense and runs down the callers besides. get rid of him. the overtime show is much better imo. i usually don't listen-but i wanted to see what the callers had to say after a border battle. but whenever i do i'll probably bring this thread up to complain. :mrgreen:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:37 pm

yes. neither of them knew. or johnson didn't want to point it out to cove if he did.
hategreenticemase

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:37 pm

I only heard part of it and they were talking about ref discretion between 10 and 15 yard penalty. I'm not sure I was too busy laughing my ass off that he was babbling that they should have gone for two even with the penalty. What a fucking idiot :lol:
BigInflateable

Post by BigInflateable »

:lol: :lol: Pretty typical old, disengaged football fan.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

That doesn’t even make sense. I hope he wasn’t serious.
JigglyPuff

Post by JigglyPuff »

SKOR North had to cut their vent line show down to 35 minutes due to the MN United game, but they had 10x's the calls that KFAN did. Also, SKOR North now has vent line Mondays 10am-12pm and Tuesday-Friday 11am-12pm. Again, FUCK KFAN....bunch of self absorbed numbdees!
BigInflateable

Post by BigInflateable »

JigglyPuff wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:11 pm SKOR North had to cut their vent line show down to 35 minutes due to the MN United game, but they had 10x's the calls that KFAN did. Also, SKOR North now has vent line Mondays 10am-12pm and Tuesday-Friday 11am-12pm. Again, FUCK KFAN....bunch of self absorbed numbdees!
I could care less about the fucking soccer game personally, so... Good for skor north cutting short. Glad you're on their side.
Herky

Post by Herky »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:39 pm

he doesn't care much for football and just spouts nonsense and runs down the callers besides. get rid of him. the overtime show is much better imo. i usually don't listen-but i wanted to see what the callers had to say after a border battle. but whenever i do i'll probably bring this thread up to complain. :mrgreen:
Cove has said before he's a Wolves and NBA guy. He isn't much of an NFL fan at all.
hategreenticemase

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:56 pm

He was serious. It was very odd. I think he may have thought the TD was in 4th qtr.
Herky

Post by Herky »

I miss Dubay and Mike Morris.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:24 pm
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:56 pm

He was serious. It was very odd. I think he may have thought the TD was in 4th qtr.
i'm pretty sure that he said it was in the middle of the 4th quarter and then when he was making his point he wanted everybody to assume that the packers wouldn't score again. but as was said earlier-he doesn't really care about football so he'll just throw anything at the wall and doesn't care if it sticks. did you hear the guy tell you how long he was on hold, cove? yes you did-and just sloughed it off like it was no big deal. this show isn't supposed to be all about you-take more calls.
Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Post by Night Train »

Here's how it plays out, and this is what I do to avoid listening to the cringe that is Greg Coleman's locker room interviews... Skor North ventline is on immediately after the game, KFAN whine line starts about a half hour after the game starts. Listen to ventline right away, ignore Barbara who is always the first caller or two, and listen to the caller vent. Then later you can switch back and forth between the two.
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

this is spot on. cove likes to hear himself talk and doesn't open up the phone lines to take very many calls. i haven't listened to more than five minutes this year-but i see that somebody else says that he's up to his old tricks.

Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Post by Night Train »

weimy froob wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:34 pm this is spot on. cove likes to hear himself talk and doesn't open up the phone lines to take very many calls. i haven't listened to more than five minutes this year-but i see that somebody else says that he's up to his old tricks.

I never noticed that but now that someone pointed it out I do. I think Cove, and this works for me too, is sick of every single caller asking 'how you doing?'. It would drive me nuts. He's doing the same as when the last caller asked him that same question, just make your statement or ask your questions.

And honestly, some of the callers are idiots, which is the fun part sometimes, but when grandpa gets on there and talks about how Bud Grant used to do this and that and why can't we do that now... that drives me nuts too, too many WCCO callers calling in.
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Night Train wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:58 pm
weimy froob wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:34 pm this is spot on. cove likes to hear himself talk and doesn't open up the phone lines to take very many calls. i haven't listened to more than five minutes this year-but i see that somebody else says that he's up to his old tricks.

I never noticed that but now that someone pointed it out I do. I think Cove, and this works for me too, is sick of every single caller asking 'how you doing?'. It would drive me nuts. He's doing the same as when the last caller asked him that same question, just make your statement or ask your questions.

And honestly, some of the callers are idiots, which is the fun part sometimes, but when grandpa gets on there and talks about how Bud Grant used to do this and that and why can't we do that now... that drives me nuts too, too many WCCO callers calling in.
it's a call-in show. that's what it needs to be. take lots of calls. you take the good, the bad and the ugly. also if they took plenty of calls-more people would be willing and able to take part in the program to make it better. if you have to sit on hold 45 minutes while cove goes on and on you suppress the pool of callers.