Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Take aways from this game

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
hategreenticemase

Re: Take aways from this game

Post by hategreenticemase »

Herky wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:13 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:10 pm 1. Zimmer had his team unprepared and got whupped to start this game. I dont care about drive to start the game, he gives up many TD drives on opening drives. Its sign of a good coach that the most success comes against them first drive of a game when team had whole week to prepare against what you usually do. But the next two drives shocked me and frustrated the shit out of me.

After that, he coached a hell of a game, and whupped the little kid on the other sideline. What a moron - I still cannot believe not just kicking the FG and going into halftime up 3 scores. Gave us huge momentum and put us right back in game. Loved the second to last 4th quarter drive passing multiple times in clock eating mode. I hope this is what Lafluer is, I thought he had the most to do with almost losing that game.

2. I am just so tired of our OL woes I could fucking puke. Kline was what we thought he was - he must have been pushed back 4-5 yards at least 8 times. LG sucked. Bradbury with penalties. We try doing play action and even then most the time he is under duress - altho, by one complaint play calling wise is we still dont do play action enough. Its infuriating. Its been 5 years of this bullshit and its all extremely avoidable. How RS has a job, I just dont understand.

3. I just dont know how a supposedly "good qb" can play worse than he did today. Lets remember should have been another pick that we broke up, and then in first half had Thielen wide open on seam and a good pass its a td, instead he has to make an incredible catch due to underthrown ball. 13-32. Its almost incomprehensible. Worse yet, he just looked fucking scared today. We are in real, real trouble with the qb position as its clear the OL is same old same old, and he simply isnt good enough to mask ANY OL deficiency.

4. I love Diggs, but you dont get to take that penalty after the two hugely killer drops you had before that. Get your head out of your ass.

5. Dalvin Cook was the best player on the field today for either team, period. Fucker single handedly almost won that game. Broke tackles, made shit out of nothing, he was really, really good today.
Good breakdown. Lots of things to work on for sure.

I read Cousins was pressured on 60% of his passing attempts. 50% is considered not good. Not defending Cousins because he sucked today but the line was awful in pass protection.
Could not agree more. I'm fucking beside myself on the OL. I screamed and screamed about it all off season and for last 5 years. I'm exhausted with it. It's a joke. But as I kept asking myself today "I can't decide whats worse, cousins or our OL", I began realizing, holy shit, even on plays he has a clean pocket he is scared and skittish. That really has me scared. Meaning, even if they somehow manage to get OL improved to "below avg" I'm not so sure he can be what we need.

Btw, Kline was awful today. What a joke.
Last edited by hategreenticemase on Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tmoney

Post by Tmoney »

They took Green Bays best shot.

They had 2 corner backs healthy that played last week.

They have everything in place to win.

Of course non of that matters if Kirk cant even be average in a big game, against a good team.

Kirk will beat this team more than any opponent if he continues this pattern
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

In many, many ways:

Kirk Cousins Career Stats:

Record in Primetime Games: 6-13

Record on Monday & Thursday Night: 1-12

Record vs. Winning Teams: 5-25

Record vs. Winning Teams in 2018: 1-6

Career Road Record: 13-23-2

Post-season Record: 0-1
witljon

Post by witljon »

Why Not Us wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:15 pm My takeaway is the PI review rule is probably the dumbest thing to happen to the NFL in decades.
Didn't need the refs on the field when they took that Diggs TD away.
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

It was a bad game in all phases. WIll be interested to see how they bounce back next week back home.
GM Spielman:
  • Record 62-48-2 (.559 winning %)
  • Playoffs 1-3
  • 7 years - reached playoffs 3 times.
  • Winner of the North 2 of last 4 years
Zimmer is 48-33-1
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:40 pm Pretty good takes, Mike.
He did this at first to make fun of you and your analysis posts. He calls you names every time you post here. Are you just giving up now that Cousins has a bad game?

He is still just a troll looking for attention and a way to call people names. Come on Rube... I feel like Cousins has got you down. Don’t let an entire offseason of pumping him as the best thing since Favre just wither after one game!
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Refs sucked.

Defense let them get up enough points to dominate the game. This offense isn’t built to come back, let alone score over 14 points consistently.

Defense turned it on, but Diggs dropped two much needed passes. Then he catches a wing and prayer, taking his helmet off, and costing the extra point. Idiot.

Bradbury doesn’t look ready at all. Another Spielman lineman pick. First round center! Hahaha! As a quarterback was falling in the draft we lock in on shweaty balls.

Cousins. If this surprised anyone you didn’t watch last season. Did you forget that the Bears had scrubs in there by the second half of a game for us to go to the playoffs? That Thielen was yelling at him? I know they hid Cousins all offseason, but Hate, you were high on him. One game and you change your tune. This is him. He sucks mentally. I could bump thread after thread of people defending him. He has a great arm, but no brains. He needs to find Dorothy and visit the Wizard of Oz. Take Diggs with him.

Cousins is diving head first hoping to get out of the game. His agent got him this deal, but boy is our team screwed.

Spieman’s lack of quarterback and offensive lineman scouting ability has wasted so many years.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

DC's TD run and the fumble recovery were what kept this game from being a laugher. defense stepped up-but helped out by some questionable green bush decisions on play calls imo. and i'm not sure where rogers is at this point in his career-still some questions there.

packers needed to defend home turf and got the victory-but plenty of question marks for them too. just game two and plenty of season left to see how this is all going to shake out. they have a favorable home schedule for the next month or so-but they can get reeled in at the end of the year by any squad that is playing good football.

bears and lions win too-so everybody's more than alive and feeling positive about their chances going into week 3.
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

1. Lights out defense gave up 21 quick points. Changed momentum of game.
2. Zimmer didn’t have team prepared again.
3. Team is undisciplined with to many penalties.
4. OL blows. Cousins pressured 60% of the time. His confidence and pocket presence is worst than last year.
5. Play calling in red zone sucks.
6. Cousins forcing to many throws.

I was up all night making my new vape juice. It’s grape flavored which I call PurpleHaze. I tell everyone how great it is and it kills them!

#MOIST

:lol: :lol: :lol:
1.10.22: Never Forget! Zimmer and Spielman are done destroying the Vikings Organization!

Still can’t start a thread on this forum! Bozo’s hate the truth!