Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

37.5 percent and NOW we know

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
vikesbumeout
***Official Gibby Award Winner - August 2018***

37.5 percent and NOW we know

Post by vikesbumeout »

18 games in to a 48 game commitment and we know Cousins is not Farve, Brady, Patton,....or any where close.

Hello Mauer.

MoneyBall.....we need to buy more third downs....Points.

No excuse to the 21 point hole Zim left us in q1
Liberals are always so confident in their ideas until history meets up with them
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: 37.5 percent and NOW we know

Post by HeHateMe »

vikesbumeout wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:02 pm 18 games in to a 48 game commitment and we know Cousins is not Farve, Brady, Patton,....or any where close.

Hello Mauer.

Defense looked pretty good yesterday. Maybe they should have stopped one of those TDs and held 'em to a FG but I'll take any game where you hold the offense to three scores... if you can't score more, you deserve to lose.
Last edited by HeHateMe on Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:00 am
vikesbumeout wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:02 pm 18 games in to a 48 game commitment and we know Cousins is not Farve, Brady, Patton,....or any where close.

Hello Mauer.

Defense looked pretty good yesterday. Maybe they should have stopped one of those TDs and held 'em to a FG but I'll take any game where you hold the defense to three scores... if you can't score more, you deserve to lose.
This, plus 1 of GB's scoring drives started at our 33, courtesy of a Cousins fumble.
Dayman, Fighter of the Nightman.

Stup up, Abe!
Tmoney

Post by Tmoney »

They had 3 quarters to get 21 points short field after turnovers.

Nothing else matter though. Not offense, not defense, not the kicker.

When you cannot trust your QB, down 5. 1st and goal at the 8, to not shit the bed. You got nothing.

Unless Kirk figures it out all of a sudden, this team is handcuffed by him.

With this running game and defense he doesnt need to be the reason they win. Just dont be the reason they lose.

A handful of good throws a game will do.

You cant have a 1:1 ratio of blunders to good plays.
Herky

Post by Herky »

If Cousins would have been secure with the ball and not had turnovers Minnesota wins this game.
vikesbumeout

Post by vikesbumeout »

Hello Mauer.

Defense looked pretty good yesterday. Maybe they should have stopped one of those TDs and held 'em to a FG but I'll take any game where you hold the offense to three scores... if you can't score more, you deserve to lose.
Moneyball.
Liberals are always so confident in their ideas until history meets up with them
vikesbumeout

Post by vikesbumeout »

Herky wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:30 am If Cousins would have been secure with the ball and not had turnovers Minnesota wins this game.
Like a record player right round

D_B_U

Post by D_B_U »

Cousins has not been good. I agree with that.

But it comes down to what else could we have truly done? Keenum has bounced around proving he probably isnt the answer. No one knows if Teddy's health could withstand 16 games.

Spielman saw a guy in Cousins who he considered a high level talent who was stuck on underperforming teams in Washington. He had no choice but to pay him big bucks and he shot his shot.

As of now it hasnt worked out but I still think it was the right move. Keenum wasnt going to be that much cheaper in the grand scheme.

You didnt sign him to a 5+ year deal. So we have to deal with another two years and hope we can make something happen in that time.

Still feels like a better move than the Parise/Suter move which basically handcuffed the Wild for 11 years.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

vikesbumeout wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:26 pm

Hello Mauer.

Moneyball.
Never saw the movie, heard it was good tho.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
vikesbumeout

Post by vikesbumeout »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:57 pm
vikesbumeout wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:26 pm
Moneyball.
Never saw the movie, heard it was good tho.
You should. I am not crazy about Brad Pitt in the role of Bean but the history of what Bean did changed the game of professional baseball (and team sports) forever.
Last edited by vikesbumeout on Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Meh, only 30 games left...
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Deplorable Truth

Post by Deplorable Truth »

Time to pretend we have Ponder and feed Delvin like no other. Though different he has the same home run ability and can put up 2000 yards if he stays healthy.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Deplorable Truth wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:15 pm Time to pretend we have Ponder and feed Delvin like no other. Though different he has the same home run ability and can put up 2000 yards if he stays healthy.
Umm, this is Minnesota sports we're talkin about....of course Dalvin will not stay healthy. :pissed:
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Chuck North

Post by Chuck North »

hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Hello Mauer.

Especially when one was on a short field as well, due to a turnover.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Chuck North wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:16 pm Image
:lol:
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners: