Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Brees Hurt, Teddy Time

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Why Not Us

Brees Hurt, Teddy Time

Post by Why Not Us »

Looks ugly right now. Only way to go is up.
"You're not going to get Covid if you have these vaccinations." - Joe Biden, July 2021
Eroder

Re: Brees Hurt, Teddy Time

Post by Eroder »

He’s really bad. Really, really bad...
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Bracket Champion for Eternity

"The injustices on this site know no bounds" - Abe Froman
D_H

Post by D_H »

Eroder wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:05 pm He’s really bad. Really, really bad...
Thanks TMG
Eroder

Post by Eroder »

D_H wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:20 pm
Eroder wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:05 pm He’s really bad. Really, really bad...
Thanks TMG
Sometimes the truth is painful. This is one of those times.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Bracket Champion for Eternity

"The injustices on this site know no bounds" - Abe Froman
PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

How many times are receivers going to have the ball go right through their fucking hands.
Simpson Get Lifted wrote
Should have been WAY more booing from the home crowd imo. You have to drown out the cheers from Oscar.

Oscar on the Vikes:
"I am all in for a 4th place finish."
D_H

Post by D_H »

Get Teddy back
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

the overtime crew broke up their thought process to say that it looked like teddy was dead after taking a hit. what happened? is he still out there?
Bogey Bob

Post by Bogey Bob »

At least Teddy values taking care of the ball unlike Captain Kirky...
Why Not Us

Post by Why Not Us »

Bogey Bob wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:08 pm At least Teddy values taking care of the ball unlike Captain Kirky...
16 for 27 for 160 with a couple of FGs was the offensive output. Pretty ugly.
"You're not going to get Covid if you have these vaccinations." - Joe Biden, July 2021
PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

Why Not Us wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:24 pm
Bogey Bob wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:08 pm At least Teddy values taking care of the ball unlike Captain Kirky...
Backup never practicing with the #1's. WOuld have GLADLY had Bridgewater come in for Cousins today. :naners:
Simpson Get Lifted wrote
Should have been WAY more booing from the home crowd imo. You have to drown out the cheers from Oscar.

Oscar on the Vikes:
"I am all in for a 4th place finish."
D_H

Post by D_H »

PurpleHaze wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:27 pm
Backup never practicing with the #1's. WOuld have GLADLY had Bridgewater come in for Cousins today. :naners:
No doubt , while he is not a star, he's a lot cooler under pressure than Cousins. Get Zim off the record and he'll take Bridgewater 10 times out of 10 I guarantee you.
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

D_H wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:43 pm

No doubt , while he is not a star, he's a lot cooler under pressure than Cousins. Get Zim off the record and he'll take Bridgewater 10 times out of 10 I guarantee you.
Zimmer has an unhealthy boner for Teddy so his judgement is tainted. Anyone who is still misty eyed for Teddy should seek counseling.
In Kwesi we trust.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

PurpleFloyd wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:33 pm

Zimmer has an unhealthy boner for Teddy so his judgement is tainted. Anyone who is still misty eyed for Teddy should seek counseling.
I liked Teddy, but his ceiling wasn't that high. However, his salary never was either. And that's the appeal. He was a decent QB on a bargain contract. If he could have made modest improvements and stayed a value, he could have been a quality player. But instead, his knee exploded. Now, it's hard to imagine he can be effective at any price.

I'm still rooting for him, but just the fact that he set foot on an NFL field again might be the best possible result from that injury. Making any noise again ever is probably asking for too much. But best of luck to him.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:48 pm

I liked Teddy, but his ceiling wasn't that high. However, his salary never was either. And that's the appeal. He was a decent QB on a bargain contract. If he could have made modest improvements and stayed a value, he could have been a quality player. But instead, his knee exploded. Now, it's hard to imagine he can be effective at any price.

I'm still rooting for him, but just the fact that he set foot on an NFL field again might be the best possible result from that injury. Making any noise again ever is probably asking for too much. But best of luck to him.
He was still on his rookie contract. Had he gotten past that we would have had to give him a contract that would have far surpassed his arm talent. He is a great guy and an inspiration but if you want a franchise QB who can bring us a championship he wasn’t and never would have been it.
In Kwesi we trust.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

PurpleFloyd wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:04 pm

He was still on his rookie contract. Had he gotten past that we would have had to give him a contract that would have far surpassed his arm talent. He is a great guy and an inspiration but if you want a franchise QB who can bring us a championship he wasn’t and never would have been it.
Probably not. But whatever we would have had to pay him (this assumes some progression and his knee not exploding), it would have been less than we're paying Cousins and we'd probably be in better shape because of it. Both are (were) flawed players, but I'll take Teddy's flaws over Kirk's flaws.

But whatever... So who do you think will take snaps in 2021?

- Carl Jung
Hummdrum

Post by Hummdrum »

I like to see former Vikings mis-haps get super bowl rings which has happened because it proves we have developed these players like Tavaris Jackson, Harvin, Birk, McKinney etc.
Sky Spy in the Sky !
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Seriously?

Teddy better than Cousins?

Joe? ASH? RubTub? Simpson? Hate?
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:11 pm

Probably not. But whatever we would have had to pay him (this assumes some progression and his knee not exploding), it would have been less than we're paying Cousins and we'd probably be in better shape because of it. Both are (were) flawed players, but I'll take Teddy's flaws over Kirk's flaws.

Cousins has at least shown he can run a productive offense with his arm. As I said before we signed him I don’t know if he had the leadership skills that even Case had but there is no question that he is a better passer.

Teddy has never shown that he has the arm talent to take over a game and win it by throwing the ball into tight coverage and putting points on the board in groups of six.

These are things we already see from guys in KC, Houston, Baltimore etc. And the years he hasn’t played have not restricted him from developing his arm strength and decisiveness yet last night it was again evident that he doesn’t trust his arm to do what it needs to do.

Yeah, we paid waaaaay too much for cousins. But the market for QBs is limited and Rick took a swing at hitting a homer. He probably will strike out on it but we are still a better team without Teddy than with him.
In Kwesi we trust.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

PurpleFloyd wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:32 am

Cousins has at least shown he can run a productive offense with his arm. As I said before we signed him I don’t know if he had the leadership skills that even Case had but there is no question that he is a better passer.

Teddy has never shown that he has the arm talent to take over a game and win it by throwing the ball into tight coverage and putting points on the board in groups of six.

These are things we already see from guys in KC, Houston, Baltimore etc. And the years he hasn’t played have not restricted him from developing his arm strength and decisiveness yet last night it was again evident that he doesn’t trust his arm to do what it needs to do.

Yeah, we paid waaaaay too much for cousins. But the market for QBs is limited and Rick took a swing at hitting a homer. He probably will strike out on it but we are still a better team without Teddy than with him.
Cousins can run a “productive offense?” Really? I’m not sure there’s conclusive evidence of that. Besides, the goal is to win games and Cousins has not proven he can do that.

He does have a good arm and throws a nice ball, but there’s more to quarterbacking than that. Cousins makes worse decisions than Teddy did. That mitigates any advantage his arm gives him. Throw in the contract disparity and it’s easy to argue Cousins is worse on your roster than Teddy.

- Carl Jung
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:39 am

Cousins can run a “productive offense?” Really? I’m not sure there’s conclusive evidence of that. Besides, the goal is to win games and Cousins has not proven he can do that.

He does have a good arm and throws a nice ball, but there’s more to quarterbacking than that. Cousins makes worse decisions than Teddy did. That mitigates any advantage his arm gives him. Throw in the contract disparity and it’s easy to argue Cousins is worse on your roster than Teddy.
Teddy never made good decisions, he was one of the most indecisive QBs we have had. Rubes were so in love with him that they just refused to believe what was in front of him. Yesterday he was the same Teddy he has always been.

Read the comments section on this page. I don’t think too many Saints fans see him the same way you do:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... ss-saints/

And I am not a cousins fan. I didn't want him signed and was pissed they let Case walk away. But Teddy never was nor ever will be a quality NFL QB
In Kwesi we trust.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

PurpleFloyd wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:05 am

Teddy never made good decisions, he was one of the most indecisive QBs we have had. Rubes were so in love with him that they just refused to believe what was in front of him. Yesterday he was the same Teddy he has always been.

Read the comments section on this page. I don’t think too many Saints fans see him the same way you do:

And I am not a cousins fan. I didn't want him signed and was pissed they let Case walk away. But Teddy never was nor ever will be a quality NFL QB

Teddy was a better decision maker than Cousins. That’s my opinion and I’m sticking with it. And throw out the current post-knee explosion Teddy. That’s not who I’m talking about. Old Teddy won more games than Kirk. Fact. He couldn’t throw the rock like Kirk, but he didn’t piss his pants like Kirk either.

But neither are/were the answer. Neither have what it takes to be the man. I’ll take the smart guy with some moxie on a cheap contract, but not enough arm over the big armed idiot marking $84M guaranteed, but that’s just personal preference. Neither will get you there.

- Carl Jung
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:14 am

Teddy was a better decision maker than Cousins. That’s my opinion and I’m sticking with it. And throw out the current post-knee explosion Teddy. That’s not who I’m talking about. Old Teddy won more games than Kirk. Fact. He couldn’t throw the rock like Kirk, but he didn’t piss his pants like Kirk either.

But neither are/were the answer. Neither have what it takes to be the man. I’ll take the smart guy with some moxie on a cheap contract, but not enough arm over the big armed idiot marking $84M guaranteed, but that’s just personal preference. Neither will get you there.
Agreed. Teddy's has composure, which is probably the most important trait for a QB. Cousins does not. Neither will probably win a Super Bowl, but Teddy at least has the foundation.
Dayman, Fighter of the Nightman.

Stup up, Abe!
Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Post by Night Train »

Looks like both Brees and Roethlisberger could miss significant time.
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Bree's tore ligaments in his hand. He's gonna miss a few games for sure. Not good for my Fantasy team. Also, not good for the Aints. Teddy is terrible

Edit: Rappaport says a minimum of 6 games.
Tmoney

Post by Tmoney »

The way this year is going Cousins just has to stay upright and not be a total wreck and the playoffs should be a lock.
Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Post by Night Train »

Tmoney wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:23 pm The way this year is going Cousins just has to stay upright and not be a total wreck and the playoffs should be a lock.
But playoffs are nationally televised games against winning teams and are must-wins... I don't trust Cousins in those situations.
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
Tmoney

Post by Tmoney »

Night Train wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:31 pm
Tmoney wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:23 pm The way this year is going Cousins just has to stay upright and not be a total wreck and the playoffs should be a lock.
But playoffs are nationally televised games against winning teams and are must-wins... I don't trust Cousins in those situations.
Nobody does.

I dont think Kirk himself thinks it will go well
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

B-Town wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 am
Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:14 am

Agreed. Teddy's has composure, which is probably the most important trait for a QB. Cousins does not. Neither will probably win a Super Bowl, but Teddy at least has the foundation.
I tried to say this and was called every name in the book. Teddy had moxie, he was a leader, and he had great pocket awareness. Most here would just roll off Cousins' stats and call me names. Teddy knew how to get a first down. He protected the ball. If he had a better arm he'd be Tom Brady, but the leg and his lack of arm strength really hamper him now. That window is closed, but we should have taken a shot in the draft. We have not taken a quarterback in the last 5 drafts. So many options, but ever since Teddy went down RS has been all-in. The problem is that we were not just one guy away. Teddy was in his first year as a starter and went 11-5, won the North, and barely lost a playoff game where AP was trying to fumble it away. Cousins that same season backed into the playoffs and lost in the first round to the team we beat to win the North the week before.

I love Teddy, but it is too late now. Lamar Jackson was his replacement at Louisville, but Spielman went after Cousins.
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

I will root for Teddy in NO to do well however it matters NOT AT ALL to my team the Vikings. The two are no longer connected and if he doesn't do well I'm not gonna fret about it either. I just like to see former vikings players (who aren't a-holes) do well.
GM Spielman:
  • Record 62-48-2 (.559 winning %)
  • Playoffs 1-3
  • 7 years - reached playoffs 3 times.
  • Winner of the North 2 of last 4 years
Zimmer is 48-33-1
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

11/14
134 yards