Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Play calling..

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
mlhouse

Re: Play calling..

Post by mlhouse »

Tmoney wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:40 pm
mlhouse wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:34 pm
Night Train wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:58 pm

That fucking baffled me. So frustrating seeing them trying to expect Rudolph to break off big YACs, especially in screen situations where he starts behind the LOS, it's a miracle Rudolph got 5 yards on that play.
Not. A. Good. Play. Call.
I have to assume, or atleast hope that wasnt the desired outcome. Something must have gone wrong and it was Rudolph or a sack.
Looked like the weirdest "safety valve" route evah.
Herky

Post by Herky »

Speaking of tight ends, where is Irv Smith Jr?
Tmoney

Post by Tmoney »

mlhouse wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:47 pm
mlhouse wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:34 pm

Not. A. Good. Play. Call.
I have to assume, or atleast hope that wasnt the desired outcome. Something must have gone wrong and it was Rudolph or a sack.
It looked to me like it was going to whoever was standing there. Luckily he was eligible. That's about the only penalty they didnt have.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Tmoney wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:50 pm

It looked to me like it was going to whoever was standing there. Luckily he was eligible. That's about the only penalty they didnt have.
To me it looked like the play design. Roll out right and swing the screen to Rudolph back left. But who knows. Lets say that he was the safety valve on that play and not the intended. There should never be a play designed, ever, ever, ever for a NFL offense that has a route designed for Rudolph like that. It does absolutely nothing.
Tmoney

Post by Tmoney »

mlhouse wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:53 pm
Tmoney wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:50 pm

To me it looked like the play design. Roll out right and swing the screen to Rudolph back left. But who knows. Lets say that he was the safety valve on that play and not the intended. There should never be a play designed, ever, ever, ever for a NFL offense that has a route designed for Rudolph like that. It does absolutely nothing.
I may not be remembering how the play set up totally. I am at work and was doing stuff as I was watching.

Regardless, I agree. Rudolph shouldn't be used on that play. Irv smith if they insist on using g a TE.

I think that play goes in the trash going forward though.