Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Cousins..

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Subarudrivingsnowflake

Re: Cousins..

Post by Subarudrivingsnowflake »

I’m not a big fan of cousins right now, but the defense gets a lot of the blame too. 21 pts in 2 quarters is atrocious.

Missed FG & XP means our special teams is a disaster.

This game was a 3 phase breakdown.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Kirk will bounce back.

New offense, new Center. Let's calm down.

Kirk is set to explode on Sunday.

#HOIST

#11-5
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Subarudrivingsnowflake

Post by Subarudrivingsnowflake »

Idk man. The defense should be our anchor this year and Rodgers wasn’t even playing that well anyway. He was elusive, but not nearly as elusive as some quarterbacks we’ll face this year. Special Teams is a complete disaster also.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Subarudrivingsnowflake wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:41 pm Idk man. The defense should be our anchor this year and Rodgers wasn’t even playing that well anyway. He was elusive, but not nearly as elusive as some quarterbacks we’ll face this year. Special Teams is a complete disaster also.
Let's just face it... It's tough to get a win in GB. It always is no matter what the two teams look like. I didn't think we would win there but it was so disappointing because we had the chance to take that one.

All in all with all the mistakes, it was still a very competitive game.

People need to chill the fuck out. We were not winning them all.

Real panic is teams like the Steelers and Saints. Be thankful we have stayed relatively healthy.

#SKOL

#PumpedUpForSunday
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

If this was an isolated incident with Cousins, I wouldn't really be worried about it.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:39 pm Kirk will bounce back.

#HOIST

#11-5
Why so positive? Normally you spew nuthin but negative comments and now you are giddy with positivity......did you get into your dogs puppy uppers??
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Hornets wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:12 pm

#HOIST

#11-5
Why so positive? Normally you spew nuthin but negative comments and now you are giddy with positivity......did you get into your dogs puppy uppers??
I'm a cat guy.

Secondly, I am not negative but a realist. The rest of the teams in this town usually blow ass and don't try to hide it.

The Vikings are one of the few who don't. 5th best win percentage in NFL history. They may not have a ring but they are consistently pretty good.

The Wolves and Twins have a good year about once per decade. The Gopher football team has been atrocious my whole life. Don't watch Hawkey. Gopher hoops are a fave of mine and are at least decent here and again.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Dale Doback

Post by Dale Doback »

I'm not canceling my Miami hotel room yet!!
"Two-thirds of the world is covered by water. The other third is covered by Fred Smoot."
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Subarudrivingsnowflake wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:41 pm Idk man. The defense should be our anchor this year and Rodgers wasn’t even playing that well anyway. He was elusive, but not nearly as elusive as some quarterbacks we’ll face this year. Special Teams is a complete disaster also.
Once the Packers got out of their 15 scripted plays to start the game they were below average and the Vikings defense for the most part dominated them. The defense is great. Not worried there. The kicking situation has been a disaster and the oline has been a disaster in pass protection. And I'm not sure it'll get better. They're going to need to run the ball very well all year, which with Cook is certainly possible.
Tmoney

Post by Tmoney »

In a win and in game week 17 of 2012 Christian Ponder went 16-28, 234 yards and 3 TDs. Leading receiver was Jarius Wright.

In a win and in game in 2018 against a Bears team with nothing to play for and resting starters, Kirk Cousins went 20-33 for 132, 1 TD.

Just think about that
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Cousins is getting depressed

“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Dude

Post by Dude »

flexbuffchest wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:39 am Cousins is getting depressed

Self awareness is a very admirable trait.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Dude wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:07 pm

On a serious note...it really is. Not that his comment will do or in the grand scheme of things mean anything but self awareness is a very underrated trait.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Dude

Post by Dude »

flexbuffchest wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:32 pm
Dude wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:07 pm

On a serious note...it really is. Not that his comment will do or in the grand scheme of things mean anything but self awareness is a very underrated trait.
For sure.

Cousins isn't a dummy- he's always said the right things. He still needs to know when to throw the ball away or noT THROW IT TO A RECEIVER WHEN HE"S TRIPLE COVERED IN THE BACK OF THE END ZONE ON FIRST AND GOAL IN THE FOURTH QUARTER OF A 5 POINT GAME!!
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

It's time to get behind our brother.

#HOIST
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Tmoney wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:59 am In a win and in game week 17 of 2012 Christian Ponder went 16-28, 234 yards and 3 TDs. Leading receiver was Jarius Wright.

In a win and in game in 2018 against a Bears team with nothing to play for and resting starters, Kirk Cousins went 20-33 for 132, 1 TD.

Just think about that
You know it is bad when people are talking about Ponder. McVay was able to probably get more out of Cousins than anyone will ever get. My guess is this week the team starts fast and runs a ton. Cook isn't gonna break one off every week though. Imagine if our run game gets shut down... :shock:
Phrooster

Post by Phrooster »

Piss on captain Kirk play power football
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:11 pm If this was an isolated incident with Cousins, I wouldn't really be worried about it.
Turnovers he has done. I do not think he has ever misfired on so many passes. The last pass shouldn't have been thrown but it was a bad pass too, Diggs had no shot at it.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

cunningham wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:57 pm
Tmoney wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:59 am In a win and in game week 17 of 2012 Christian Ponder went 16-28, 234 yards and 3 TDs. Leading receiver was Jarius Wright.

Just think about that
You know it is bad when people are talking about Ponder. McVay was able to probably get more out of Cousins than anyone will ever get. My guess is this week the team starts fast and runs a ton. Cook isn't gonna break one off every week though. Imagine if our run game gets shut down... :shock:
Ya imagine it. :roll:

The run game was shut down pretty much every game last year and he went 30/10, 4K and 70%

Cousins best season of his career was last year so no, McVay didn't get the most out of him.

You are acting like a woman. So much hyperbole. Did you expect him never to have a bad game? You couldn't wait for him to screw up. Now you look like a asshat starting Mannion threads :lol:

Get a grip!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

He’ll keep cashing those game checks though! The honorable thing for him to do would be to refuse those game checks for the games when he plays like shit or just plain sucks. Or, he should donate them to charity.
Hector

Post by Hector »

Just think about that
Yeah, Simpson, Jenkins and Wright and a one dimensional back that couldn't block to save his life, Ponder made about 2.5 million a year and Kalil and Charlie Johnson were on the line but Kirk at 31 is getting the backing from a lot of fans still even though Ponder was more clutch in a must win game.

At least they both own up when they didn't play well.
Deep Purple

Post by Deep Purple »

Talk is cheap, really cheap coming from a 84 million dollar man. I get the feeling Cousins is going to have his worst year as a pro.
Phrooster

Post by Phrooster »

#HOIST

#11-5
bingo! but when a big game is on the line he'll choke