Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

The Official Cousins is a loser thread

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Da Gas Man

Re: The Official Cousins is a loser thread

Post by Da Gas Man »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:39 pm
Da Gas Man wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:27 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:06 pm

I agree. We can still win a lot of games and have a lot of fun this year. But there’s no reason to think that this could be our year. Not with Kirk. Not until he proves this take wrong in some big games.
So we can enjoy being 8-8 and drafting mid round? And still have him as a QB next year (although I expect there will be a rookie drafted and sitting in kirks final year). I don’t enjoy watching .500 seasons unless the trajectory is upward. If it’s down, then what are we enjoying?
I think we can even win 10 or 11 games. Just not the big one.
Oh. That would be enjoyable but I don’t share your optimism.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:58 pm all i hope for with cousins is that spielman is tied to his success or failure. he succeeds than spielman does. he fails bye-bye rick.

this talk was all hashed last year and it looks like it'll be rehashed this year. i don't really feel the need to go back over the old territory and positions people took after the second game of the year. green bush is a tough place to play and you can argue that the game was much more important to the packers.

lots of season left. defense plays like it did for the last three quarters and DC stays healthy and it still could be a quite entertaining one.
Kinda like another section of this forum and someone that's directed to lead a "team".
My body, my choice.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Da Gas Man wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:48 pm
Da Gas Man wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:27 pm

So we can enjoy being 8-8 and drafting mid round? And still have him as a QB next year (although I expect there will be a rookie drafted and sitting in kirks final year). I don’t enjoy watching .500 seasons unless the trajectory is upward. If it’s down, then what are we enjoying?
I’m not calling it. I’m just saying a 5pt loss @ Green Bay does automatically mean 8-8 or worse to me.

But Cousins’ long-standing inability come through in big games does mean no confetti this year. Until he proves otherwise.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:14 pm
weimy froob wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:58 pm all i hope for with cousins is that spielman is tied to his success or failure. he succeeds than spielman does. he fails bye-bye rick.

this talk was all hashed last year and it looks like it'll be rehashed this year. i don't really feel the need to go back over the old territory and positions people took after the second game of the year. green bush is a tough place to play and you can argue that the game was much more important to the packers.

lots of season left. defense plays like it did for the last three quarters and DC stays healthy and it still could be a quite entertaining one.
Kinda like another section of this forum and someone that's directed to lead a "team".
not following. help me out and tell me what forum and maybe i can figure it out.
BigInflateable

Post by BigInflateable »

cunningham wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:01 pm I feel bad for every player not making Cousins’ money and especially for Cook. Poor bastard is gonna be fun to death now.
Yeah, 1 loss to the packahs on the road and we should " tank" it. Fan of the year right there. Loser.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:16 pm
LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:14 pm

not following. help me out and tell me what forum and maybe i can figure it out.
Over in Polichat... Rehashing daily about how bad Trump is.
My body, my choice.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

BigInflateable wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:23 pm
cunningham wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:01 pm I feel bad for every player not making Cousins’ money and especially for Cook. Poor bastard is gonna be fun to death now.
Yeah, 1 loss to the packahs on the road and we should " tank" it. Fan of the year right there. Loser.
1 loss on the road... This was just like last season against the Bears.

Did you watch last season loser? This is what he did last year too. His whole career is this. 1 playoff game in his first year as a starter. He lost that game too. Now he is 31 years old. There is no upside... this is it.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

cunningham wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:14 pm

Did you watch last season loser? This is what he did last year too. His whole career is this. 1 playoff game in his first year as a starter. He lost that game too. Now he is 31 years old. There is no upside... this is it.
I feel so bad for Dalvin. Lol. It's his few games in a row ever for this team.

AP is who I feel bad for. Be busted his ass year after year and had one year with a productive QB.

Dalvin has made it through two games injury free and you feel bad for him lol.

You are a gem.

OH MY GOD!! POOR DALVIN HAS PLAYED TWO GAMES IN HIS WHOLE.CAREER WITHOUT SUPPORT.

IT'S A TRAVESTY!!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:28 pm

AP is who I feel bad for. Be busted his ass year after year and had one year with a productive QB.

You are a gem.

OH MY GOD!! POOR DALVIN HAS PLAYED TWO GAMES IN HIS WHOLE.CAREER WITHOUT SUPPORT.

IT'S A TRAVESTY!!
Hey, see, great work like this and I will actually reply directly to you for a change. See, this is creative. Obviously you are in a box and look (again) like a moron with A. "Cousins is gonna git his, he is finna get 3 fitty Sunday"! ....and B. How you told us Cook isn't anything special.

So good creativity - let's now spin topic off the guy who single handedly cost them the game and of course you told us would be great today and spin to "we shouldn't feel bad for Dalvin" because some RB (that literally NO ONE but your hilariously odd hero worshipping ass thinks about) from 5 years ago had it worse when he was here than Dalvin does. You managed to thus spin it away from the guy everyone should be slobbering over, you know, the best player on the field Dalvin Cook.

You are a fucking treat. Your posts are actually more logical when you are hammered. Ok not really, but they are funnier. (Before they get deleted that is) :lol:
Last edited by hategreenticemase on Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

It’s basically been our trademark during the wild era:
Get a great defense, have a suspect OL and a great RB and throw in a QB who craps the bed when we need them.
In Kwesi we trust.
hategreenticemase

PurpleFloyd wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:43 pm

Get a great defense, have a suspect OL and a great RB and throw in a QB who craps the bed when we need them.
Um what? Denny green never had a great defense, are you out of your mind???? And he had literally the best OL in the history of the organization. Other than that you nailed it. :lol:
Herky

Post by Herky »

O-Line was damn good in 2009 also.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:43 pm

You are a gem.

IT'S A TRAVESTY!!
Hey, see, great work like this and I will actually reply directly to you for a change. See, this is creative. Obviously you are in a box and look (again) like a moron with A. "Cousins is gonna git his, he is finna get 3 fitty Sunday"! ....and B. How you told us Cook isn't anything special.

So good creativity - let's now spin topic off the guy who single handedly cost them the game and of course you told us would be great today and spin to "we shouldn't feel bad for Dalvin" because some RB (that literally NO ONE but your hilariously odd hero worshipping ass thinks about) from 5 years ago had it worse when he was here than Dalvin does. You managed to thus spin it away from the guy everyone should be slobbering over, you know, the best player on the field Dalvin Cook.

You are a fucking treat. Your posts are actually more logical when you are hammered. Ok not really, but they are funnier. (Before they get deleted that is) :lol:
No doubt Dalvin is playing good.

To feel bad for a guy who has literally done what he was brought here to do this two years later for two games is ridiculous

I drafted Dalvin this year in fantasy before the likes of Zeke etc.. He's havinga big year. He did absolutely nothing up until this year though.

I love turds like you. First to jump on someones predictions yet you never make one. That's as easy as your daughters layup line.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
hategreenticemase

Herky wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:51 pm O-Line was damn good in 2009 also.
No, it wasn't. Think back, that was Favre covering it up. It wasn't bad, but it was there weakness. And in 2010 it was far worse and that killed favre.
Herky

Post by Herky »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:56 pm
No, it wasn't. Think back, that was Favre covering it up. It wasn't bad, but it was there weakness. And in 2010 it was far worse and that killed favre.
I thought they were pretty good. McKinnie and Hutchenson made the Pro Bowl, and Sullivan was a capable center. Herrera wasn't great and Loadholt was a rookie. Kleinsasser was always a good blocker but he was hurt a lot that year.

Compared to what we've seen lately that line was great.
hategreenticemase

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:54 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:43 pm

You are a gem.

IT'S A TRAVESTY!!

No doubt Dalvin is playing good.

To feel bad for a guy who has literally done what he was brought here to do this two years later for two games is ridiculous

I drafted Dalvin this year in fantasy before the likes of Zeke etc.. He's havinga big year. He did absolutely nothing up until this year though.

I love turds like you. First to jump on someones predictions yet you never make one. That's as easy as your daughters layup line.
I have to admit it - you are right. I apologize. After all, when a guy is going to post 3 or 4 versions/predictions of the same event and cover all outcomes, I shouldn't then come back with any sort of gotcha. And really, let's be honest, you certainly don't need me or anyone to help expose you as a fraud. Please accept my apology.
hategreenticemase

Herky wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:59 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:56 pm
I thought they were pretty good. McKinnie and Hutchenson made the Pro Bowl, and Sullivan was a capable center. Herrera wasn't great and Loadholt was a rookie. Kleinsasser was always a good blocker but he was hurt a lot that year.

Compared to what we've seen lately that line was great.
Mckinnie was a joke making the pro bowl and I didn't say they were bad, I said it was the weak link. And more importantly, comparing them to 98 is laughable. That line was fucking unreal.
Herky

Post by Herky »

98 was stacked.
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:48 pm
PurpleFloyd wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:43 pm

Um what? Denny green never had a great defense, are you out of your mind???? And he had literally the best OL in the history of the organization. Other than that you nailed it. :lol:
First things first. Autocorrect changed Wilf to Wild and I missed that.

Second Denny Green never played under Wilf so your comment is basically retarded in that context but if you want to reduce this to Green, he had one hell of a defense when he took over the team and he had Dungy as his DC. The defense Dungy put together in his first two years before Green gutted it was stout as hell.

Now, if you are done being stupid is there anything else you want to add to the discussion?
In Kwesi we trust.
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

Sure. Good enough to end the starting streak of an iron man QB and leave him unable to walk after the beating he took as they stood and watched.
In Kwesi we trust.
hategreenticemase

Herky wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:12 pm98 was stacked.
Everyone loved that team for moss etc, I loved it for how we destroyed teams at LOS and could run at will. It has as much to do with our dominance as CC and Miss did.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

Good thing the Vikings don't have Matt Ryan.
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

The proof is in the stats:

Kirk Cousins Career Stats:

Record in Primetime Games: 6-13

Record on Monday & Thursday Night: 1-12

Record vs. Winning Teams: 5-25

Record vs. Winning Teams in 2018: 1-6

Career Road Record: 13-23-2

Post-season Record: 0-1
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Told you guys Kirk is junk.

90% of you bought in the hype.

He looks the part; speaks well, has a good arm but he’s pure chicken shit. Can’t feel the rush, can’t go through progressions, can’t step up in the pocket.

He flashes but he’s pure average. I would trade him to the Bucs or dolphins for a 2nd round pick.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

84 million get's you no where. I'd rather have Case for the largest backup contract in NFL history than this pile of crap that is Cousins.
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:19 pm Told you guys Kirk is junk.

He looks the part; speaks well, has a good arm but he’s pure chicken shit. Can’t feel the rush, can’t go through progressions, can’t step up in the pocket.

He flashes but he’s pure average. I would trade him to the Bucs or dolphins for a 2nd round pick.
I’ve read we have to eat the remainder of his salary. We are truly fucked. It is why I was begging for them to draft a quarterback. We then went center.

There will be this year and next year if this. Hard to watch. I thought Kubiak could fix it as he is a great coach, but even Kubiak needs a decent quarterback. He went like 0-8 with Keenum.

I have been pissed off all offseason and people told me that it will be fine. Just keep looking at that garbage stat sheet and tell yourself it will be OK.

He sucks. And I am happy others are realizing this. Too late, but finally.

Spielman his Cousins all offseason and has not drafted a quarterback in 5 years. We have nothing to fall back on.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:19 pm Told you guys Kirk is junk.

Why would either team do that right now?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Post by Night Train »

You like that??!! You like that??!! No Kirk, I don't like that... or should I say I don't Vike that. :(
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

I liked the signing, thought it was the right move. Last year opened my eyes a lot in terms of what he does not do well. Clearly they had to upgrade the line for Cousins to perform better whereas Keenum/Bradford did ok with less time because Bradford could get the ball out quick and Keenum had really good pocket presence just not a great arm.

After yesterday I am convinced Cousins is not going to work out longterm here. Now, they did lose 21-16 because of Cousins on one of his worst days so if he does perform slightly better (or they keep running the ball versus having him throw on first and ten), they have a much better opportunity to win that game.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:15 pm
Da Gas Man wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:48 pm

I’m not calling it. I’m just saying a 5pt loss @ Green Bay does automatically mean 8-8 or worse to me.

But Cousins’ long-standing inability come through in big games does mean no confetti this year. Until he proves otherwise.
I looked at the schedule: 10 wins is not happening.

@ Seattle
@ Chicago
@KC
@SD
@Dallas
Philly at home

The first three are losses. They will be big games and Cousins will be awful. Of the three after that, they might win one or two but I would bet on 1 at most.

The 5 pt loss as GB isn't simply a 5 pt loss. It is a further demonstration that Cousins doesn't have it and Zimmer's inability to get his defense ready to play at the opening after a week when the defense dominates. Zimmer admitted that he was fighting that attitude all week and yet, he still failed. If Zimmer was aware that his team was getting haughty hearing "this team is back" all last week, then he failed miserably countering it. (As he did in Philly last year)