Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Cousin's TD Pass

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Ash Ketchum

Cousin's TD Pass

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Stepped up into the pocket, stood strong against pressure and fired an accurate pass with someone right in his face.

Hasn't been brought up yet, typical. We won't talk about Cousins unless he plays poorly.
Da Gas Man

Re: Cousin's TD Pass

Post by Da Gas Man »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:38 am Stepped up into the pocket, stood strong against pressure and fired an accurate pass with someone right in his face.

Hasn't been brought up yet, typical. We won't talk about Cousins unless he plays poorly.
it was a nice pass in stride. But QBs need to make that pass all the time.

I am a huge Cousins fan so I am not a hater. I can only say that if we are praising a nice pass, that says something.
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Cousins is a top 5 QB in this league!

If we can keep our 30M dollar man to 10 pass attempts a game it’s money well spent.

Just try to change my mindset!

#MOIST

:lol: :lol: :lol:
1.10.22: Never Forget! Zimmer and Spielman are done destroying the Vikings Organization!

Still can’t start a thread on this forum! Bozo’s hate the truth!
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

Yep, good toss. And it was very important, at the time, for the Vikings to capitalize on the turnover to keep the pressure on Atlanta.

On a day when Cousins wasn't asked to do much, he did show up when needed.
Last edited by B-Town on Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dayman, Fighter of the Nightman.

Stup up, Abe!
Bogey Bob

Post by Bogey Bob »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:38 am Stepped up into the pocket, stood strong against pressure and fired an accurate pass with someone right in his face.

He also managed to fumble a couple of times again but nobody will talk about it because we were fortunate enough to not lose possession...this time.

He has a hell of a lot more to prove than completing a single pass under pressure that you mentioned. Hopefully, he proves all naysayers wrong. Time will tell.
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

Bogey Bob wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:48 am

He also managed to fumble a couple of times again but nobody will talk about it because we were fortunate enough to not lose possession...this time.

He has a hell of a lot more to prove than completing a single pass under pressure that you mentioned. Hopefully, he proves all naysayers wrong. Time will tell.
If you praise Cousins for the good, you also have to talk about things that went wrong. If it were a closer game, I think Cousins would be a bigger topic of conversation. As it stands, he threw 10 passes and the Vikings won handily, so there are probably more relevant talking points.
Last edited by B-Town on Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stup up, Abe!
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

We need a sweaty but fumble thread to keep a running total on the year!

#MOIST

1.10.22: Never Forget! Zimmer and Spielman are done destroying the Vikings Organization!

salamander

Post by salamander »

Oscar wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:47 am Cousins is a top 5 QB in this league!

If we can keep our 30M dollar man to 10 pass attempts a game it’s money well spent.

Just try to change my mindset!

#MOIST

Why would you pass a lot when your RB is averaging 5 yards per carry and your QB has an 80% completion %?
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
vikesbumeout
***Official Gibby Award Winner - August 2018***

Post by vikesbumeout »

I missed the game. Saw the highlights and am only about 1/3 of the way through replay.

However,....what I have seen so far is that a pressured Cousins is not good. Habits are turn over prone.

Guy makes me nervous. Farve was a wreck less gun slinger and that rose up and bit his teams in the arse on occasion......Cousins is a very good quarterback that can seem to balance management and aggressive ( the later not being true to his nature).

Cousins seems incongruent to me.

Give me a Farve all day long. Related take is......I would have kept Sloter as a wild card.
Liberals are always so confident in their ideas until history meets up with them
Angry Waters

Post by Angry Waters »

Isn't that a requisite play of an NFL QB?
silverjoel

Post by silverjoel »

Wait, so now if a QB has under 200 yards and 1 TD with the running game, defense and special teams carrying the team to a win, it's a good thing for that QB?

As far as the game went, Cousins did good. The Vikings are giving him the 2017 Jaguars-Bortles treatment. Take the ball out of his hand and magically the team looks better.
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

You are right. People only want to complain and you see it in this thread.

Not all NFL Starting QB's can do this. All should be able to of course but not many really can.

It was a nice play. I noticed it at the time.
GM Spielman:
  • Record 62-48-2 (.559 winning %)
  • Playoffs 1-3
  • 7 years - reached playoffs 3 times.
  • Winner of the North 2 of last 4 years
Zimmer is 48-33-1
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

vikesbumeout wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:08 pm I missed the game. Saw the highlights and am only about 1/3 of the way through replay.

However,....what I have seen so far is that a pressured Cousins is not good. Habits are turn over prone.

Guy makes me nervous. Farve was a wreck less gun slinger and that rose up and bit his teams in the arse on occasion......Cousins is a very good quarterback that can seem to balance management and aggressive ( the later not being true to his nature).

Give me a Farve all day long. Related take is......I would have kept Sloter as a wild card.
You'd take Favre over Cousins? You don't say... Hot take right here.

Related - I just wanted to throw it out there, but I'd take Peyton Manning over Jameis Winston.

Stup up, Abe!
vikesbumeout
***Official Gibby Award Winner - August 2018***

Post by vikesbumeout »

B-Town wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:34 pm
vikesbumeout wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:08 pm I missed the game. Saw the highlights and am only about 1/3 of the way through replay.

You'd take Favre over Cousins? You don't say... Hot take right here.

Related - I just wanted to throw it out there, but I'd take Peyton Manning over Jameis Winston.
So following your ( condescending) logic.....of players retired playing against each other.

I choose Farve......because Payton is boring.

And football is entertainment not life or death or anything close to the meaning of life other than entertainment.

#entertainment
Liberals are always so confident in their ideas until history meets up with them
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

That include the bad snap where Bradbury said my bad? One of the plays was clearly a forward pass and they ruled it as such (I think).
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Joe Bag 'O Donuts

Post by Joe Bag 'O Donuts »

silverjoel wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:30 pm Wait, so now if a QB has under 200 yards and 1 TD with the running game, defense and special teams carrying the team to a win, it's a good thing for that QB?

As far as the game went, Cousins did good. The Vikings are giving him the 2017 Jaguars-Bortles treatment. Take the ball out of his hand and magically the team looks better.
Who said that Joel?
Bogey Bob

Post by Bogey Bob »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:29 pm

That include the bad snap where Bradbury said my bad? One of the plays was clearly a forward pass and they ruled it as such (I think).
I know, I know. It’s always a bad snap, the line, the coaching, the receivers, etc. with Kirk.

I mean he leads the league in fumbles since 2015 but I’m positive none of them were his fault.
silverjoel

Post by silverjoel »

Joe Bag 'O Donuts wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:46 pm
silverjoel wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:30 pm Wait, so now if a QB has under 200 yards and 1 TD with the running game, defense and special teams carrying the team to a win, it's a good thing for that QB?

Who said that Joel?
He didn't say "a good thing for that QB", but this post is praise for a QB who threw for 98 yards and 1 TD by a poster that has said the following:

"He’s not perfect but, my god, do you Rubes not remember the days with AP (aside from 2009) where we couldn’t pass the ball for shit. Literally 200 yards passing felt like an huge accomplishment."

"Bridgewater is the poster boy for QBs getting way too much credit for W’s. When we struggle to amass 200 yards of passing offense for large stretches of an entire season, but the defense, running game and special teams do more than their share to compile a good W/L record, all of the sudden Teddy-apologists somehow come with the bizarre argument that it’s actually a good thing Teddy plays like he does."

"But do people remember all those years before 2018 where the typical Vikings game would feature a half a dozen three in outs in a row and a massive struggle to pass for 200 yards and even a single passing TD?"
Joe Bag 'O Donuts

silverjoel wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:08 pm

Who said that Joel?
He didn't say "a good thing for that QB", but this post is praise for a QB who threw for 98 yards and 1 TD by a poster that has said the following:

"He’s not perfect but, my god, do you Rubes not remember the days with AP (aside from 2009) where we couldn’t pass the ball for shit. Literally 200 yards passing felt like an huge accomplishment."

"Bridgewater is the poster boy for QBs getting way too much credit for W’s. When we struggle to amass 200 yards of passing offense for large stretches of an entire season, but the defense, running game and special teams do more than their share to compile a good W/L record, all of the sudden Teddy-apologists somehow come with the bizarre argument that it’s actually a good thing Teddy plays like he does."

"But do people remember all those years before 2018 where the typical Vikings game would feature a half a dozen three in outs in a row and a massive struggle to pass for 200 yards and even a single passing TD?"
No, it's not. It was praise for a TD pass. Guy threw 10 times, not a Teddy-like performance at all.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Bogey Bob wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:01 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:29 pm

I know, I know. It’s always a bad snap, the line, the coaching, the receivers, etc. with Kirk.

I mean he leads the league in fumbles since 2015 but I’m positive none of them were his fault.
He has terrible pocket presence … but that snap from Bradbury was shit so Cousins had to fall all on the ball. I know there was the one ball that was live that Bradbury fell on when the guy knocked the ball out. Then the forward pass needed a second look but...
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
silverjoel

Post by silverjoel »

Joe Bag 'O Donuts wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:30 pm

Who said that Joel?

No, it's not. It was praise for a TD pass. Guy threw 10 times, not a Teddy-like performance at all.
Of course! When a QB like Bridgewater throws 17 passes for 151 yards and a TD while getting support from the running game and defense, that's just bad QB play. When Cousins throws 10 times for 98 yards and a TD while getting support from the running game and defense, that's something special.

Man, games like this must drive you "volume stats" guys crazy.
Joe Bag 'O Donuts

silverjoel wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:14 pm

Of course! When a QB like Bridgewater throws 17 passes for 151 yards and a TD while getting support from the running game and defense, that's just bad QB play. When Cousins throws 10 times for 98 yards and a TD while getting support from the running game and defense, that's something special.

10 yard average, sure, I'll take that any day. Why won't you? We all gave AP credit, just like we're giving Cook credit. Yet here you are bitching when someone likes one play. Weird huh?
Joe Bag 'O Donuts

10 yard average, sure, I'll take that any day. Why won't you? We all gave AP credit, just like we're giving Cook credit. Yet here you are bitching when someone likes one play. Weird huh?
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

PFT Week 2 Power Rankings

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... ankings-2/

8. Vikings (1-0; No. 11): The Vikings finally figured out how to best use Kirk Cousins. As little as possible.

#MOIST

DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

Yeah, give me the first ballot HOFer over Cousins.

Great insight.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

Good to see there's still some derelicts who refuse to let Teddy Bridgewater go. My god. Has there ever been more hand wringing over such a nothing player?
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
BlackDog

Post by BlackDog »

When he does it in December, then I’ll be impressed.
“Your boos mean nothing to me, I’ve seen what makes you cheer!”
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Don’t try to make Cousins into a victim.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
silverjoel

Post by silverjoel »

Joe Bag 'O Donuts wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:24 pm

You understand that first post of mine, which you replied to by the way, said that Cousins played good, correct? And why is YPA all of a sudden important? It wasn't before the season. Bitching? More like amused. A poster that says below 200 yards is some kind of failure of the QB is praising Cousins when 5 of Cousins' last 6 games are under 200 yards. Again, amusing how a narrative changes to fit a bias.

Also, who is this "we"? The first time you mentioned Cook (or anything to do with the running game) is this post.
Joe Bag 'O Donuts

silverjoel wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:23 pm
Joe Bag 'O Donuts wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:24 pm

You understand that first post of mine, which you replied to by the way, said that Cousins played good, correct? And why is YPA all of a sudden important? It wasn't before the season. Bitching? More like amused. A poster that says below 200 yards is some kind of failure of the QB is praising Cousins when 5 of Cousins' last 6 games are under 200 yards. Again, amusing how a narrative changes to fit a bias.

Also, who is this "we"? The first time you mentioned Cook (or anything to do with the running game) is this post.
A similar "we" to the "they" you pretended were falling all over themselves to congratulate the QB on his all encompassing greatness. Which neither happened, nor even pretend happened.

I don't have any problems with the way that the game went, nor that the QB only had to throw that few passes, nor what was accomplished when he did. I do enjoy when a QB can throw it more than 10 yards, that's fun for me. Sorry that's a huge issue for you.