Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Cousin's TD Pass

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Offsides 97 defense

Re: Cousin's TD Pass

Post by Offsides 97 defense »

salamander wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:32 pm
Oscar wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:47 am Cousins is a top 5 QB in this league!

If we can keep our 30M dollar man to 10 pass attempts a game it’s money well spent.

Just try to change my mindset!

#MOIST

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Why would you pass a lot when your RB is averaging 5 yards per carry and your QB has an 80% completion %?
He's never played football, never been a part of it other than his fantasy league and being a Patriots/Vikings fan. Probably never even swung a golf club in his life. Why would you ask this of him?
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
"1800, Engineers, You go out and find mines"
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

It was a good throw and the balance in this game made Cousins not have to be the focal point. That is what this team needs to do to win. This is a defense based scheme and so last season’s stats shouldn’t happen again if we are winning.

Two first drives were short field and we scored on both. Defense held and Cook is a total stud.

I liked this game from Cousins. I wouldn’t mind if they all were all like this, but we will get our run game shutdown eventually and need to see more of Cousins for sure.

We have an $84 million dollar quarterback that can make a lot of passes. He has a very good medium and deep range, struggles a little with short range and pressure. So that means you run if you need short yardage, but utilize the play action on third down. Playing Chillyball to open the second half with three runs up the middle was idiotic. Two runs, then play action would have given them a first down.

I thought Cousins had a great game. Last season showed us he is not Brett Favre and gonna carry this team. Even Favre got erratic and threw bone-headed interceptions at inopportune moments. Like that last play against the Saints.
Hector

Post by Hector »

BlackDog wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:59 pm When he does it in December, then I’ll be impressed.
Right, it was a good throw but can he do it with the game/playoffs on the line?
BlackDog

Post by BlackDog »

Hector wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:09 am
BlackDog wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:59 pm When he does it in December, then I’ll be impressed.
Right, it was a good throw but can he do it with the game/playoffs on the line?
He started off great last year. He threw for 6 tds in the first two games. Then he went to shit as the season progressed. By the time December rolled around was when Theilen started telling him to throw the damn ball.
“Your boos mean nothing to me, I’ve seen what makes you cheer!”
Bogey Bob

Post by Bogey Bob »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:47 pm
Bogey Bob wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:01 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:29 pm
That include the bad snap where Bradbury said my bad? One of the plays was clearly a forward pass and they ruled it as such (I think).
I know, I know. It’s always a bad snap, the line, the coaching, the receivers, etc. with Kirk.

I mean he leads the league in fumbles since 2015 but I’m positive none of them were his fault.
He has terrible pocket presence … but that snap from Bradbury was shit so Cousins had to fall all on the ball. I know there was the one ball that was live that Bradbury fell on when the guy knocked the ball out. Then the forward pass needed a second look but...
Just checkin’ to see if these last two fumbles were on him or not? :roll:
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Bogey Bob wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:38 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:47 pm
Bogey Bob wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:01 pm

I know, I know. It’s always a bad snap, the line, the coaching, the receivers, etc. with Kirk.

I mean he leads the league in fumbles since 2015 but I’m positive none of them were his fault.
He has terrible pocket presence … but that snap from Bradbury was shit so Cousins had to fall all on the ball. I know there was the one ball that was live that Bradbury fell on when the guy knocked the ball out. Then the forward pass needed a second look but...
Just checkin’ to see if these last two fumbles were on him or not? :roll:
Sure looked like it. Cousins had his worst game ever.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.