Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Stone Cold Locks of the Century...

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
NutCupGuy

Stone Cold Locks of the Century...

Post by NutCupGuy »

Of the Week!

The football season is here, and let's waste no time putting a winner up on the board!

2 team money line parlay

Oklahoma State over Oregon State
Baltimore Ravens over Miami

Analysis to follow. The football gambling season is here, folks! It's here.
DC4MVP

Re: Stone Cold Locks of the Century...

Post by DC4MVP »

no
j2j

Post by j2j »

Took out the equity on my house to bet that 2 team parlay. You better hope it wins.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

NutCupGuy wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:34 pm Of the Week!

The football season is here, and let's waste no time putting a winner up on the board!

2 team money line parlay

Vikings over Falcons
Bears over Packers

That's my week 1
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Since when did houses take straight up bets?
Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Post by Night Train »

Who's making the trip down to Ioway to place these bets?
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
NutCupGuy

Post by NutCupGuy »

j2j wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:51 pm Took out the equity on my house to bet that 2 team parlay. You better hope it wins.
As long as you placed the wager correctly, it should hit for you. Money line, sir. Enjoy your second house!

And to answer the when did the house start taking straight up bets question, since pretty much always. You bet the team on the money line, not the spread. Same as betting the UFC.

Example. Jon Jones -220 vs Nate Diaz + 180. You need to bet $220 to win $100 on Jones. $100 on the underdog Diaz wins $180. Both bets are on your fighter to win straight up. Baltimore is -230 and I don't want to lay that much juice, so you parlay it with another game. In my case a big college favorite. Enjoy the goofs game tonight!
Tuck ya in

Post by Tuck ya in »

Slap Shot wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:57 am Since when did houses take straight up bets?
Money line me boy.
Angry Waters

Post by Angry Waters »

2 team money line parlay

Outta curiosity, (and knowing there's going to be some line fluctuation) how much would you have to wager on that particular bet to WIN $100? Thanks!
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

Cousins is Mr. Mediocre again this season and Rube Tube is there to say, “Thank you, Sir! May I have some more white, warm goo!”
BigInflateable

Post by BigInflateable »

Wow, way to really make the stretch on OSU v Or. State! :lol: O State would probably loose to the Oregon State football champion. :roll:
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Shit I forget the site... but I found an online gambling site once that if you fucked around with the setting enough, it would give you a money line at -150 no matter what.

So I would "buy" points... so if Patriots were playing Bengals... and were favored by 10... I would put Patriots and move the line to Patriots being underdog by 7... so if you had 4 or 5 games in a parlay like this, their system would default to -150 odds.

I was doing this with player props in NBA... so a player averaging 18 points per game... I would put them in a parlay so they only have to score 7 points in the game.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
NutCupGuy

Post by NutCupGuy »

And we're back! I don't know how long it'll take for my name to not be pink, I don't know how long it'll be before my nut cup pic can be displayed, but we're back. I lurked here with no account for awhile, now it's time to wager on football. The best kind of wagering!

As always I'll try to keep this short and it may or may not happen. Why Okie state tonight? Well as already stated above, they are playing the worst team in the pac 12 and IMO a team that isn't even in the top 100 college football teams. Last year Oregon state was atrocious. This year they should be better, but that's basically by default. No D line, no O line, shoddy QB play. While OK state may only be the 4th or 5th best team in the big 12, the big 12 was legit last year and the pac 12 was trash. They need these non conference games badly if they want to get enough wins to become bowl eligible because once big 12 play starts, it's a grind for sure. Head coach Mike Gundy knows this. The defense for OK state isn't good and they'll give up some points, but the talent is simply lacking for Oregon state. They don't have the weapons to go punch for punch on offense, and with better WRs and a better running game, look for OK state to wear down the boys from Oregon and shut up the crowd. A crowd who normally doesn't have much to cheer about anyways.

Now onto the tougher game. I have Miami as my worst ranked nfl team this year. Worse than the cards, worse than the bengals. The QB situation for the dolphins is the worst in the nfl. Fitzmagic looks to start this game, enough said. Baltimore does well exactly what Miami can't stop, run the ball. With the better defense and a QB who can run, Baltimore is a rough match up for Miami. Look for Balt to run the ball with some success and set up some easy passes for Lamar Jackson. Just like the game above, I just don't think Miami can go blow for blow with the ravens. Unless the ravens turn the ball over, I don't see them losing this game.

The money line for Baltimore will get to -250 or more by kickoff, so instead of laying the heavy juice, I've paired them with this college game and it should save you over 100 bucks on the price. This money line parlay should cost no more than -150, and could be less depending on your book. Good luck with your bets, and let's cash this one to start the season!
NutCupGuy

Post by NutCupGuy »

Well, it's nice to have a game go exactly the way you handicap. Such was the case as Oregon state again did what Oregon state does, they lost at football.

Some exciting things have transpired! The ravens have been pounded from -4.5 to -7 on the spread. Money line has now reached -320!!! What this means is that we have an excellent opportunity to hedge! I'm sitting here with a ticket that says ravens -143 thanks to the parlay. So what now should happen is a small bet on the dolphins plus the 7. (I'm waiting to see if it hits +7.5) You could win the parlay with Baltimore AND hit the dolphins +7 bet if the fish decide to keep it close. God forbid the fish win, you don't lose everything. It's a way to minimize your risk while giving yourself a chance to win both plays!

Or you could let the parlay ride of course. I don't recommend it under these circumstances, but to each their own. Can't wait for tomorrow night, and Sunday can't get here soon enough! Enjoy your week.
NutCupGuy

Post by NutCupGuy »

Wow, sometimes the game is sooooooo EZ!!! I only tried to put people on Baltimore, one of the biggest beat downs in nfl opening sunday history!!! Feel free to scroll up and read my spot on analysis of both games above.

As I always say, if you lost money gambling on football week 1 you don't have me to blame! We're 1-0 after a beat down of insane proportion. The week 2 lines are out, and I'm already in the think tank. Enjoy the mnf double header tonight!
Jack Hoff

Post by Jack Hoff »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:53 am

2 team money line parlay

Vikings over Falcons
Bears over Packers

That's my week 1
I’m surprised you got one right :lol:
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

Jack Hoff wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:01 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:53 am

2 team money line parlay

Vikings over Falcons
Bears over Packers

That's my week 1
I’m surprised you got one right :lol:
Nice :beer:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Here are two HEATERS for this Sunday, boy's.

Atlanta +100 at home over the Eagles

Vikings +130 over GB

Parlay these two picks and profit!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

You could almost bet against MIA the rest of the way, but everyone is on to them tanking now.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

I have also added...

Giants +110 at home against the Bills

I parlayed those three games and look to PROFIT!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
NutCupGuy

Post by NutCupGuy »

minnemike wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:33 pm You could almost bet against MIA the rest of the way, but everyone is on to them tanking now.
Well, the odds makers have certainly caught on to the Miami fish! The NE patriots are a 19 point favorite on Sunday, and keep in mind that the game is being played in Miami... A professional football team is playing a home game and getting 19 points. Incredible.

I've got my eye on a few games this weekend, but one that's really jumping out is the jags at texans. Jags starting a 23 year old QB that looks like a cross between Baker Mayfield and uncle Rico, although I'm sure his throwing motion is just a touch more technically sound than Ricos. Both can throw a pigskin over them mountains, however.

Bets are in the works. Wagers are being drawn up. Enjoy your week, folks.
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

NutCupGuy wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:04 pm
minnemike wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:33 pm You could almost bet against MIA the rest of the way, but everyone is on to them tanking now.
Well, the odds makers have certainly caught on to the Miami fish! The NE patriots are a 19 point favorite on Sunday, and keep in mind that the game is being played in Miami... A professional football team is playing a home game and getting 19 points. Incredible.

I've got my eye on a few games this weekend, but one that's really jumping out is the jags at texans. Jags starting a 23 year old QB that looks like a cross between Baker Mayfield and uncle Rico, although I'm sure his throwing motion is just a touch more technically sound than Ricos. Both can throw a pigskin over them mountains, however.

Bets are in the works. Wagers are being drawn up. Enjoy your week, folks.
Already on to that one. Have the HOU D slotted in this week for my fantasy team.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Fingers crossed. I bet my two kids college money on this parlay. Fucking eh... he says its a stone cold lock of the century. Its hard to pass something like that up. I will be dead next time this opportunity comes along.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
NutCupGuy

Post by NutCupGuy »

j2j wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:51 pm Took out the equity on my house to bet that 2 team parlay. You better hope it wins.
I trust your enjoying your second house. You're welcome!
NutCupGuy

Post by NutCupGuy »

Here we are again for another crack at it.

The steelers were embarrassed last week. Stomped, crushed, demolished, pummeled and any other descriptive words you can think of. On national tv they were destroyed and now they come home to Heinz field. I think some of what got lost in that game is the fact that the patriot defense this year looks as good as it has in a decade or more. The steelers got down early, turned the ball over a few times and never really recovered. Bill Belicheat and Tom Shady will do that to you.

Well, now the steelers are at home. Coming off a loss and playing in front of family, friends, wives, girlfriends. After week 1 they should be pretty salty. Lucky for them they get a Seattle team who is notorious for starting seasons off slow. They were out gained and outplayed by the Bungles week 1 and got very lucky to escape with a W. The seahawk D isn't anything close to what it used to be and the Bengals were able to shut down Chris Carson and the hawk running game for the most part. The steelers have been a great home opening team under Mike Tomlin and I expect that to continue today.

The trip across the country to play an early game is always difficult. Add that to the fact that the steelers should be ultra motivated to avoid the 0-2 start and I can't pass them up today. I would like to lock it in, well over 2 hours before the kickoff.

Steelers -3.

Bonus play and fair warning. This bet is only 1/4 the size of the steelers, and is being made for fun because I'm a vikes fan and want to root for them. 2 team teaser to back the vikings and fade the rookie QB starting for Jax today.

7 point 2 team tease

Vikings +10
Texans -2
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:41 pm I have also added...

Giants +110 at home against the Bills

I parlayed those three games and look to PROFIT!

This fucker may be the dumbest mofo to ever run around in this joint. And that's saying something. Someone should start a thread tracking things he is wrong on. Actually, be simpler to track the things he is right about. Anyone know if cousins threw for 300 today? :lol:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Got my picks in today....

Atlanta over the Colts

Vikings over Oakland

Packers over Denver

Jacksonville over Titans

Make these picks to PROFIT!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
NutCupGuy

Post by NutCupGuy »

Welp, last week big Ben goes down with a destroyed elbow and with him goes my steelers -3 bet. Not much you can do about that besides pick yourself up, dust yourself off and try it again next week. We're 1-1 coming into week 3.

I'm looking at the Notre Dame at Georgia game tonight, and while some people might tell you that this game is gonna be a doozy... I'm not so sure. Georgia has been knocking on the door of playing in the national championship game for the last 5 years or so now. They have been painfully close to beating Alabama more than once in the SEC title game. They also might just be the best team in college football. Might be.

ND is and has been for the last 10 years a cute story. They are the best team in college football right after all the really good teams. The problem is that while they might very well be 2nd tier good right behind your bamas, clemsons, georgias, ohio sts of the world, 2nd tier good hasn't been good enough to beat the legits of the world is the past, and isn't gonna cut it tonight. Georgia has the defense to smother you. They have the running game on offense to wear you down and break your defensive spirit. They're just superior personnel wise.

With the way Georgia has been running the ball, ND is going to have to score a bunch to keep up and I don't see this happening. It's a great spot for Georgia. First big test of the season at home where the place will be rockin. Fans and students will have all day to get lubed up for this one, and I trust they'll be hammered and loud come kickoff. Tennessee is next for the bulldogs so there's no worry of them looking ahead tonight. They should be laser focused on proving to the football world that it could be their time. They have a chance to blast the "number 7" team in country on national tv tonight, and I think they'll do just that.

I could go on but I won't ramble any longer. I think ND is consistently over rated year in and year out, and I think that gets exposed in Athens tonight. For all the reasons above and more the my best bet this week is as follows.

Georgia -14 to roll the irish.

Good luck with your bets and enjoy your weekend. I'll be on the golf course in a few hours, then perhaps a bar to sweat my bet. Cheers!
NutCupGuy

Post by NutCupGuy »

Hello everyone it is Saturday!!! We're just one day from one of my favorite events of the year, the gamblers holy grail, the Superbowl!

There will be friends, there will be food, there will be booze, there will be pregaming. The Superbowl is always a bittersweet day for me as I love betting on football. I love having a week to prepare for games and follow injuries, I love going against the public opinion and winning, gambling is simply magical

But without any further skii-doo, let's jump on in. We're going back to the well Froobs, we're betting it again for a 9th straight season. 7-1 last 8 Superbowls so why would I ever do anything different?

Will either team score in the last 3.5 mins of the game?

YES -170

So many ways to cash this bet. If the game is tied with 3:30 left in the 4th quarter, the bet automatically wins as Superbowls don't end in ties. If one team is blowing another team out, all you need is that prevent defense end of the game BS meaningless touchdown to cash. Or like one year, a team could be up 7 and kick a FG at the end to put the game outta reach. Don't care how it takes place, I just need points at the end

Enjoy your super Sunday folks, soak it in. 7 months until more football after this so make it count. Let's cash this bet and cap off (hopefully) yet another winning NFL gambling season. Good luck with your wagers!
2016 Masters Pool Champion*

*Indicates award won on a now deceased MDSTMB
NutCupGuy

Post by NutCupGuy »

NutCupGuy wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:21 am Hello everyone it is Saturday!!! We're just one day from one of my favorite events of the year, the gamblers holy grail, the Superbowl!

There will be friends, there will be food, there will be booze, there will be pregaming. The Superbowl is always a bittersweet day for me as I love betting on football. I love having a week to prepare for games and follow injuries, I love going against the public opinion and winning, gambling is simply magical

But without any further skii-doo, let's jump on in. We're going back to the well Froobs, we're betting it again for a 9th straight season. 7-1 last 8 Superbowls so why would I ever do anything different?

Will either team score in the last 3.5 mins of the game?

YES -170

So many ways to cash this bet. If the game is tied with 3:30 left in the 4th quarter, the bet automatically wins as Superbowls don't end in ties. If one team is blowing another team out, all you need is that prevent defense end of the game BS meaningless touchdown to cash. Or like one year, a team could be up 7 and kick a FG at the end to put the game outta reach. Don't care how it takes place, I just need points at the end

Enjoy your super Sunday folks, soak it in. 7 months until more football after this so make it count. Let's cash this bet and cap off (hopefully) yet another winning NFL gambling season. Good luck with your wagers!
Ladies and gentleman, we're now 8-1 the last 9 Superbowls as the rams and a little help from the refs drive and score the game winning TD inside of 2 mins

Why on earth would you ever bet anything else? Woooooo!!!
2016 Masters Pool Champion*

*Indicates award won on a now deceased MDSTMB