Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Percy Harvin anyone?

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Obi-Wan

Percy Harvin anyone?

Post by Obi-Wan »

Wouldn't mind having him as KR/3rd WR. Drawback is he is a head case and injury prone.

"Harvin announced via his Twitter profile Monday that he is officially un-retiring and wants to play in the NFL again.

If Harvin is able to find another chance in the league, it would be the second time that he leaves retirement to resume playing. The 31-year-old came out of retirement the first time to play for Buffalo again in 2016, but was sidelined after two games by migraines that he had been dealing with throughout his career. Over the course of Harvin's seven-year tenure, he just wasn't able to get back to the numbers he put up in Minnesota to begin his career. The speedy wideout logged 87 catches for 967 yards and six touchdowns in 2011, but was never able to record more than 350 yards in a season after 2012."
Sidewinder2k2

Re: Percy Harvin anyone?

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

I think he's more of a headache than he's worth. Plus we're not in great cap shape right now either.
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:24 am I think he's more of a headache than he's worth. Plus we're not in great cap shape right now either.
Probably. I don't think he would get more than veteran minimum. Might be washed up too. Did he run out of money?
TrueBlue

Post by TrueBlue »

No. Old, probs slowed down, headcase.
Spoiler:
dennis1

Post by dennis1 »

I think the XFL could find a spot for him.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Man that year with Favre our 3WR were fun. Sidney Rice and Berrian going deep with Harvin destroying the seam.
asshan

Post by asshan »

You realize that was a fake account, right?
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Nope.
vikesbumeout
***Official Gibby Award Winner - August 2018***

Post by vikesbumeout »

This thread gave me a headache.
Liberals are always so confident in their ideas until history meets up with them
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

To score weed from? Sure.
PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

Thrillkill wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:03 pm To score weed from? Sure.
Literally could do that from anyone on the team not named Dan Bailey.
Simpson Get Lifted wrote
Should have been WAY more booing from the home crowd imo. You have to drown out the cheers from Oscar.

Oscar on the Vikes:
"I am all in for a 4th place finish."
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:24 am I think he's more of a headache than he's worth. Plus we're not in great cap shape right now either.
Is that a pun?

He is more than just a headache he's a migraine. Maybe if weed was legal here..........
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

Mplsfonz wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:21 pm
Is that a pun?

He is more than just a headache he's a migraine. Maybe if weed was legal here..........
I honestly wasn't even trying to do that.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Why not bring Harvin AND Rice back? The pieces would be in place!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

All the petulent and jackass BS aside - and no question he is as big a dumbfuck and pain in the ass as we have ever had here - but on the field, the fucker was one of my favorite players. Pound for pound he was as good with the ball in his hands as anyone in franchise history. I marveled at how hard the little SOB ran. Physical, tough runner.

When he was used right here, he was a fantastic player. I cant help but wonder what could Shurmur have done with him in his prime.
Herky

Post by Herky »

Mega talent but a giant diva.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

hategreenticemase wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:12 pm All the petulent and jackass BS aside - and no question he is as big a dumbfuck and pain in the ass as we have ever had here - but on the field, the fucker was one of my favorite players. Pound for pound he was as good with the ball in his hands as anyone in franchise history. I marveled at how hard the little SOB ran. Physical, tough runner.

When he was used right here, he was a fantastic player. I cant help but wonder what could Shurmur have done with him in his prime.
Damn straight, Tice. He was a joy to watch. I never blamed him for flipping out in 2012. Catching Ponders 2 yd passes and tanking through guys. His body took a beating.

He was way out of his prime after Shurmur was here though. He really never had a good year after he left here.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

My fave Percy Harvin TD, courtesy of course of Brett!

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:11 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:12 pm All the petulent and jackass BS aside - and no question he is as big a dumbfuck and pain in the ass as we have ever had here - but on the field, the fucker was one of my favorite players. Pound for pound he was as good with the ball in his hands as anyone in franchise history. I marveled at how hard the little SOB ran. Physical, tough runner.

Damn straight, Tice. He was a joy to watch. I never blamed him for flipping out in 2012. Catching Ponders 2 yd passes and tanking through guys. His body took a beating.

He was way out of his prime after Shurmur was here though. He really never had a good year after he left here.
:lol:
40+ year Viking fan turned Packer fan turned J-E-T-S fan.
Flexin'

Post by Flexin' »

Percy was a pleasure to watch. Every time he touched the ball there was a chance he'd score. The guy was tough as hell and he was low-key just as good of a kick returner as Devin Hester.
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

Is he in shape? I wood.

Diggs/THielen/Percy. Yes please.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

Hornets wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:21 pm My fave Percy Harvin TD, courtesy of course of Brett!

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Me too! Packer carnage all over the field!

Delicious!!! :beer:
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

The original tweet has since been deleted, but this was in response to it

mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

If you watch Harvin in action, with the Gators and Vikes, most of the time it looked like he was the only player moving he was so much faster than everyone else on the field.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

whiskerbiscuit wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:12 pm Is he in shape? I wood.

Diggs/THielen/Percy. Yes please.
Only Randy Moss makes me wood.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Obi-Wan wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:16 am Wouldn't mind having him as KR/3rd WR. Drawback is he is a head case and injury prone.

"Harvin announced via his Twitter profile Monday that he is officially un-retiring and wants to play in the NFL again.

If Harvin is able to find another chance in the league, it would be the second time that he leaves retirement to resume playing. The 31-year-old came out of retirement the first time to play for Buffalo again in 2016, but was sidelined after two games by migraines that he had been dealing with throughout his career. Over the course of Harvin's seven-year tenure, he just wasn't able to get back to the numbers he put up in Minnesota to begin his career. The speedy wideout logged 87 catches for 967 yards and six touchdowns in 2011, but was never able to record more than 350 yards in a season after 2012."
For veteran's minimum? Sure. Otherwise, no.

The dude had it great here in MN and pissed it all away.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
j2j

Post by j2j »

He pretty much hasn't played since 2014. Fucker has probably snorted away all his money. Pass.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

j2j wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:39 pm He pretty much hasn't played since 2014. Fucker has probably snorted away all his money. Pass.
I heard a rumor that he had a painkiller addiction. His weed use probably also stemmed from his head injury issues.

Hell of a player but his style was too violent to stay healthy.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
j2j

Post by j2j »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:23 am
j2j wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:39 pm He pretty much hasn't played since 2014. Fucker has probably snorted away all his money. Pass.
I heard a rumor that he had a painkiller addiction. His weed use probably also stemmed from his head injury issues.

Hell of a player but his style was too violent to stay healthy.
NFL players should be able to use the weed. Hell, every adult should be able to.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***