Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

“Dolt” un Hill

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
vikesbumeout
***Official Gibby Award Winner - August 2018***

“Dolt” un Hill

Post by vikesbumeout »

Ya I know he is gone. I just wanted to call him a Dolt.....for taking such a blatant shot on Lynch.

Disgusting.
Liberals are always so confident in their ideas until history meets up with them
Dude

Re: “Dolt” un Hill

Post by Dude »

Hill's already suspended for 8 games- could this add more to his plate? I'm not sure what the rules are but if that were the case he's certainly about to be cut, right?
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Play looked really bad in slow motion because it ended up being helmet to helmet. In live time when it happened, I thought damn Lynch went down right before he got to Hill. It was a legit penalty but he clearly tried to go low because he thought Lynch was going to try and run him over. Lynch at 6'7 probably looks a tad different than most qbs.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:27 pm Play looked really bad in slow motion because it ended up being helmet to helmet. In live time when it happened, I thought damn Lynch went down right before he got to Hill. It was a legit penalty but he clearly tried to go low because he thought Lynch was going to try and run him over. Lynch at 6'7 probably looks a tad different than most qbs.
That is what I thought too. It was a very late slide. Hill was already into his tackling motion when Lynch started his slide.

Because the contact was to the helmet, it was a legitimate penalty but not a hanging offense.
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

That was just as much, if not more, on Lynch as it was on Hill. Had to give him in a penalty, but maybe Lynch will learn to slide sooner than a millisecond before contact is about to be made.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Was Hill suspended for the hit? Or is it still just the 8?
vikesbumeout

Post by vikesbumeout »

-Jaymo- wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:56 pm That was just as much, if not more, on Lynch as it was on Hill. Had to give him in a penalty, but maybe Lynch will learn to slide sooner than a millisecond before contact is about to be made.
Lynch acted like “hey it’s preseason so don’t really hit me”

Still no excuse for Hill.
Liberals are always so confident in their ideas until history meets up with them
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

vikesbumeout wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:11 pm
-Jaymo- wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:56 pm That was just as much, if not more, on Lynch as it was on Hill. Had to give him in a penalty, but maybe Lynch will learn to slide sooner than a millisecond before contact is about to be made.

The question I would have is intent... if you think Paxton Lynch running full speed at you isn't a situation where most of the time the defender is going to put his head down, I'm not sure what to tell you. He rightfully was penalized and booted from the game because it was helmet to helmet but there's no way he was trying to do that.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

He is a idiot and should be shot into the sun before he reproduces. But if he doesn't count against the roster while suspended he likely won't be cut.
vikesbumeout

Post by vikesbumeout »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:38 am

The question I would have is intent... if you think Paxton Lynch running full speed at you isn't a situation where most of the time the defender is going to put his head down, I'm not sure what to tell you. He rightfully was penalized and booted from the game because it was helmet to helmet but there's no way he was trying to do that.
I suppose there is some validity regarding intent. All I care about is the penalty and consequences....in an important regular season game most fans are not going to care about his intent.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

vikesbumeout wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:35 am

I suppose there is some validity regarding intent. All I care about is the penalty and consequences....in an important regular season game most fans are not going to care about his intent.
I don't know. I think that in football you have to protect yourself. IN this case, Lynch did not protect himself. If he properly slides Hill probably does not even hit him, BUT HE LOSES YARDAGE.

Further, I am going to make a point that fucking pisses me off about the NFL. IF LYNCH NEEDS TO BE PROTECTED FROM SUCH HITS BROUGHT UPON HIM BECAUSE HE WAITED TOO LONG TO SLIDE, DONT FUCKING RUN YOUR QUARTERBACK IN A RUN-PASS OPTION TYPE OF PLAY. Give the damn ball to the running back who knows how to absorb contact. Why they create the rules that protect the quarterback, allow them to slide AND FAKE SLIDE, and then let them run as an option is beyond me.

I get that they had to call a penalty. But, they probably shouldn't. They needed to evaluate the way Lynch clumsily ran wiht the ball and created the blow to his helmet level with an idiotic slide.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

mlhouse wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:43 pm
I don't know. I think that in football you have to protect yourself. IN this case, Lynch did not protect himself. If he properly slides Hill probably does not even hit him, BUT HE LOSES YARDAGE.

Further, I am going to make a point that fucking pisses me off about the NFL. IF LYNCH NEEDS TO BE PROTECTED FROM SUCH HITS BROUGHT UPON HIM BECAUSE HE WAITED TOO LONG TO SLIDE, DONT FUCKING RUN YOUR QUARTERBACK IN A RUN-PASS OPTION TYPE OF PLAY. Give the damn ball to the running back who knows how to absorb contact. Why they create the rules that protect the quarterback, allow them to slide AND FAKE SLIDE, and then let them run as an option is beyond me.

I get that they had to call a penalty. But, they probably shouldn't. They needed to evaluate the way Lynch clumsily ran wiht the ball and created the blow to his helmet level with an idiotic slide.
Great points.
vikesbumeout

Post by vikesbumeout »

mlhouse wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:43 pm

Tell that to Erin Rogers and Goodell.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

I am willing to forgive and forget with Hill. I don't want to say he saved the season last year (you cant save a 8-7-1 season) but when he was called on in some tough spots he really stepped up.

Zimmer has a Pac Man Jones in his history, that he some how got him to have a respectable career. I think when week 9 rolls around, we are going to be glad to have Hill back and ready to go.

It really costs the Vikings nothing to keep him.... first he didn't hurt or kill anyone... second, he is not going to count against 53 man roster until week 9.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
vikesbumeout

Post by vikesbumeout »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:53 am I am willing to forgive and forget with Hill. I don't want to say he saved the season last year (you cant save a 8-7-1 season) but when he was called on in some tough spots he really stepped up.

Zimmer has a Pac Man Jones in his history, that he some how got him to have a respectable career. I think when week 9 rolls around, we are going to be glad to have Hill back and ready to go.

It really costs the Vikings nothing to keep him.... first he didn't hurt or kill anyone... second, he is not going to count against 53 man roster until week 9.
I can see this.

It’s hard to watch “stupid” sometimes....especially when big money is involved. On the other hand I do believe Hill can play his position at the NFL level.

I can support with cutting him or keeping. Reality is more likely that we will need fresh legs at CB week 9.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:53 am I am willing to forgive and forget with Hill. I don't want to say he saved the season last year (you cant save a 8-7-1 season) but when he was called on in some tough spots he really stepped up.

I'm glad didn't kill anyone is the standard now. I'm gonna get wasted and drive somewhere and steal some steroids and kick the crap out of someone. Won't kill them of course. And cheap shot of course.
Dude

Post by Dude »

Thrillkill wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:06 pm

I'm glad didn't kill anyone is the standard now. I'm gonna get wasted and drive somewhere and steal some steroids and kick the crap out of someone. Won't kill them of course. And cheap shot of course.
My moral high horse isn't as high as yours but it's pretty high. I'm not pissed that Hill smoked some weed aside from the fact that he should have known he was putting his career in jeopardy, but he wasn't putting lives at risk.

At least he's no Adrian Peterson.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

We're talking about a player smoking marijuana here - not murder, DUI, theft, or assault. The guy hasn't even been arrested.

What the fuck are you talking about? You're coming off as absolutely nuts.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

Thrillkill wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:51 am He is a idiot and should be shot into the sun before he reproduces. But if he doesn't count against the roster while suspended he likely won't be cut.
Kill him before he has children... because he got caught smoking weed?

What a nutcase. Jesus.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
Herky

Post by Herky »

Odd take.