Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Vikings Done Retiring Numbers

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Vikings Done Retiring Numbers

Post by Decker23 »

No numbers will ever be retired in Minnesota ever again.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Re: Vikings Done Retiring Numbers

Post by Night Train »

Soon enough you get to the point where you can't retire numbers anymore.

I never got the retiring numbers thing anyways.
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

They need to just let any number fair game for any position.

Let the WRs get single digits. Let the kickers wear numbers in the 90’s. As god intended.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

22 (10 years)
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Dude

Post by Dude »

Retiring numbers makes no sense in any sport, least of all in the NFL.
Hole Nova Level

Post by Hole Nova Level »

Gotta give Jermaine Wiggins his props at some point.
Stork311

Post by Stork311 »

68 was BooBoo Rouse's number....nuff said.

If that one was not done....F Randle, Peterson etc.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:54 pm They need to just let any number fair game for any position.

Let the WRs get single digits. Let the kickers wear numbers in the 90’s. As god intended.
Yeah, I don't understand why it even matters what numbers players have at this point.

Under the current system, they should just continue to retire jerseys but if the player or his estate is ok with the number continuing to get used, great. At the end of the day, the most important thing is the jersey hanging in some rafters right?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:56 am
Ash Ketchum wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:54 pm They need to just let any number fair game for any position.

Yeah, I don't understand why it even matters what numbers players have at this point.

Under the current system, they should just continue to retire jerseys but if the player or his estate is ok with the number continuing to get used, great. At the end of the day, the most important thing is the jersey hanging in some rafters right?
Yeah, Vikings "retired" #84, but Irv still gets to wear it. It doesn't look right to have an 84 in purple on the field, but I don't lose sleep over it.

I wonder which number would immediately become the most popular among players if they relaxed the rules. #1 I imagine.