Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Seahawks @ Vikings Preseason Game 2 Thread!!!***

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Ash Ketchum

Re: ***Official Seahawks @ Vikings Preseason Game 2 Thread!!!***

Post by Ash Ketchum »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:53 pm
Ash Ketchum wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:50 pm Yeah my buddy tells me Elflein looked terrible.

That’s super concerning.
meh, It's Seattle. Most teams are going to get their o-line exploited vs them. In case you didn't know, defense is kind of their thing.
They lost Frank Clark. They have a rookie starting in his spot.

Something called Poona Ford apparently gave Elflein fits the entire time they were in the game.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:50 pm Yeah my buddy tells me Elflein looked terrible.

That’s super concerning.
meh, It's Seattle. Most teams are going to get their o-line exploited vs them. In case you didn't know, defense is kind of their thing.
Really bad take. Must not be following the NFL
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Dude

Post by Dude »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:59 pm
Something called Poona Ford apparently gave Elflein fits the entire time they were in the game.
In all fairness, Ford graded out as a top 10 DT as a rookie last year.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:59 pm

That’s super concerning.
They lost Frank Clark. They have a rookie starting in his spot.

Not just elf. Bradbury and Kline too. They moved him around on the interior. He’s the type of player I think we’re going to struggle with. Super-powerful and stout. Built like a fire hydrant. I think he’s going to be a player.

Our guys reach and athleticism don’t matter because everyone’s got a reach advantage and he’s used to playing that way. He’s so powerful and compact that our guns can’t stop him from going where he wants to go.

He’s not super explosive, so he doesn’t finish plays a lot, but he’s really disruptive.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
vikesbumeout
***Official Gibby Award Winner - August 2018***

Post by vikesbumeout »

mglviks wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:52 pm Avoided injuries!
:thumbsup:
Liberals are always so confident in their ideas until history meets up with them
vikesbumeout
***Official Gibby Award Winner - August 2018***

Post by vikesbumeout »

Good Bye Dolt Un.
Liberals are always so confident in their ideas until history meets up with them
Car Ramrod

Post by Car Ramrod »

Hornets wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:49 pm New guy only kicks it to the goal line?
I was at the game last night. During warmups he was consistently putting in the back of the end zone. My thinking is the coaching staff told him to loft it more to get the ST coverage some reps.
Car Ramrod

Post by Car Ramrod »

mlhouse wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:37 pm
-Jaymo- wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:53 pm Paxton Lynch might be unconscious. Jesus, dude. Maybe try sliding a little earlier next time.
Late and awkward slide. Not all of the blame should go to Holten.
This, it happened right in front of me. Lynch went way too late. You still don’t want to see him lead with the crown of the helmet like that. Everybody on the sideline seemed to be in Hill’s corner. No coach came up to him to let him have it either. Might be a bad sign that they have given up on him or that they all were in agreement it was a really tough situation for him.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Car Ramrod wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:53 pm
mlhouse wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:37 pm
-Jaymo- wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:53 pm Paxton Lynch might be unconscious. Jesus, dude. Maybe try sliding a little earlier next time.
Late and awkward slide. Not all of the blame should go to Holten.
This, it happened right in front of me. Lynch went way too late. You still don’t want to see him lead with the crown of the helmet like that. Everybody on the sideline seemed to be in Hill’s corner. No coach came up to him to let him have it either. Might be a bad sign that they have given up on him or that they all were in agreement it was a really tough situation for him.
When the angle of impact is changed, it is hard to really pin down the "lead with the crown" of the helmet. THe call was correct because the late slide made the hit helmet to helmet, but if Lynch doesn't slide late, that is just a normal, everyday tackle.

The other thing that is unfair is now they analysis is all about his suspension, like the two are related.

https://953wdae.iheart.com/featured/ron ... y-vikings/

The other thing is, this is what happens when you design plays for QBs to run.