Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Breakdown of Garrett Bradbury against Saints.

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
AaronVikes

Breakdown of Garrett Bradbury against Saints.

Post by AaronVikes »

Bob Wiley

Re: Breakdown of Garrett Bradbury against Saints.

Post by Bob Wiley »

Yeah, that is good. An average line would be a big plus.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Could he be first player ever to make Hall of Fame in his first year?
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
Tuck ya in

Post by Tuck ya in »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:38 am Could he be first player ever to make Hall of Fame in his first year?
Only Matt Kalil.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

I heard he was sweating balls the whole series...
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Wet blanket take:

The only play that I thought was a really good one was when he slid over and picked up the guy that beat Kline. Which, of course, means that Kline was beaten. Otherwise he was fine. But we think he was great because of our previous fan trauma with regards to our OL.

On the other hand, fine is great considering recent history...

My big question is can these undersized, athletic guys punch in a 4th and goal from the 1 or grind out first downs late in a game when you’re up by 2. Can they just lean on DLs and grind our rough yards?

That scenario will come up and if we can’t do it, it will cost us.

We probably won’t get an answer to that in preseason.

Even if he answer is no, we’ll still probably be better up front than we were last year.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
Tmoney

Post by Tmoney »

Let's nitpick a rookies first series in his first game.
j2j

Post by j2j »

I don't understand the "undersized" criticism for Bradbury. He's essentially the same size as every center who has made the pro bowl the last 2 years. He might be an inch shorter than a couple, 10 pounds lighter than 1 or two. But he's the same height as many, heavier than a couple, within 5 pounds of most... Ultimately negligible differences. And he's a rookie. He'll continue to get stronger, and probably add a little weight.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Bradbury will be a great center. Kline looked a bit iffy.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

mlhouse wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:39 am Bradbury will be a great center. Kline looked a bit iffy.
I very intentionally don't watch much preseason. It's such false feedback for so many reasons. Just couldn't care less about it except to worry that no one gets hurt.

That said, that's my biggest concern - failing to fix the guard position. I'm sure Bradbury will be damn good. But that's not solving our issue. At G, we have a "reason to hope" in Elf who has performed well but not last year and a "hope we can fix him" in Kline who was solid prior and flat out sucked last year. If BOTH are adequate, and cousins stays healthy, I truly believe this ascends to a top 5 offense. If they are below avg, well, we will deserve what we get and I will be in even more obnoxious mofo than normal about that issue. :mrgreen:
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:36 pm
mlhouse wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:39 am Bradbury will be a great center. Kline looked a bit iffy.
I very intentionally don't watch much preseason. It's such false feedback for so many reasons. Just couldn't care less about it except to worry that no one gets hurt.

That said, that's my biggest concern - failing to fix the guard position. I'm sure Bradbury will be damn good. But that's not solving our issue. At G, we have a "reason to hope" in Elf who has performed well but not last year and a "hope we can fix him" in Kline who was solid prior and flat out sucked last year. If BOTH are adequate, and cousins stays healthy, I truly believe this ascends to a top 5 offense. If they are below avg, well, we will deserve what we get and I will be in even more obnoxious mofo than normal about that issue. :mrgreen:
Dru Samia.

Your starting RG by mid season.

Kline is a nobody.

- Carl Jung
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

j2j wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:32 am I don't understand the "undersized" criticism for Bradbury. He's essentially the same size as every center who has made the pro bowl the last 2 years. He might be an inch shorter than a couple, 10 pounds lighter than 1 or two. But he's the same height as many, heavier than a couple, within 5 pounds of most... Ultimately negligible differences. And he's a rookie. He'll continue to get stronger, and probably add a little weight.
All our linemen have the “athletic” or “finesse” tag. None are regarded as maulers.

You can be really good as an athletic line. They should excel in the zone run game and pick up blitzes and stunts very well.

But fourth and inches in jumbo formation with tight splits, can they move the pile?

Can they hold up on a third and 13 deep drop when a 340lb tackle goes into a full-on bull rush?

Those are the question I want to see answered.

- Carl Jung
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:47 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:36 pm

Dru Samia.

Your starting RG by mid season.

Kline is a nobody.
I agree Kline is not the future and will be the biggest liability on the line.
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

I like this pick. Unlike Kalil this kid has heart and won’t quit or avoid contact. I’m more optimistic about the OL than I have been during the Wolf era. Kubiak is also a part of that optimism.
In Kwesi we trust.