Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Anyone Else Worried About This Season?

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: Anyone Else Worried About This Season?

Post by RubeTube »

Oscar wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:05 pm I can’t believe you bozos aren’t worried yet! Linval Joseph hasn’t practiced yet and the depth at DT is weak.

Two of the first three plays last night Rhodes and Waynes got torched for big plays.

Just must be an off training camp for the defense!

#MOIST

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The Big Goon is resting up. Not worried.

Kirk has been known to turn CBs into human flames.

Nothing to see here.

#KingsOfTheNorth
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:14 pm
Oscar wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:05 pm I can’t believe you bozos aren’t worried yet! Linval Joseph hasn’t practiced yet and the depth at DT is weak.

Two of the first three plays last night Rhodes and Waynes got torched for big plays.

#MOIST

Nothing to see here.

#KingsOfTheNorth
Do you ever stop your Cousins ballwashing?
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

cunningham wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:56 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:14 pm

#MOIST

Nothing to see here.

#KingsOfTheNorth
Do you ever stop your Cousins ballwashing?
Excuse me if I'm a little giddy. I had to sit through nearly a decade of Vikings football with guys who couldn't throw a football.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Oscar wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:39 am
Bleeds Purple wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:32 pm The final game of 2018, VS Chicago, is a snapshot of Kirk’s career in a nutshell! A game where he needed to step up and be the MAN! He fell flat on his face and the team followed him. Cousin’s is a mediocre QB at best. He is a QB that needs to have all facets of the offense firing on all cylinders to be successful. He is not, nor never will he be, a QB that can put the team on his and lead them to victory. Until KDC moves into the next level of QBdom, we, the fans of Minnesota Vikings football, are in for some very average football.
The Bears game was a snapshot of Zimmer’s career in Minnesota. He never has his team ready to go in big games.

He has one playoff win and it took a miracle for that to happen.
They were a missed FG away from beating Seattle. But I thought it was the GM that sucked?
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Slap Shot wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:57 am
Bleeds Purple wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:32 pm The final game of 2018, VS Chicago, is a snapshot of Kirk’s career in a nutshell! A game where he needed to step up and be the MAN! He fell flat on his face and the team followed him. Cousin’s is a mediocre QB at best. He is a QB that needs to have all facets of the offense firing on all cylinders to be successful. He is not, nor never will he be, a QB that can put the team on his and lead them to victory. Until KDC moves into the next level of QBdom, we, the fans of Minnesota Vikings football, are in for some very average football.
The Bears game was a snapshot of Zimmer’s career in Minnesota. He never has his team ready to go in big games.

They were a missed FG away from beating Seattle. But I thought it was the GM that sucked?
and it didn't really take a "Miracle" to win that NO game.
had diggs not broken free, he still caught the ball and would have been able to get out of bounds, giving us a chance at a 40+ or so FG that would have won the game. Considering Forbath previously made a 50+ FG on the previous drive, that was a very doable kick for him.

It wasn't Miracle or bust.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

After not participating in the past three practices, Kyle Rudolph is back in pads. Brian O'Neill isn't in pads and Rashod Hill is taking first-team reps at RT. #Vikings

#MOIST

1.10.22: Never Forget! Zimmer and Spielman are done destroying the Vikings Organization!

Still can’t start a thread on this forum! Bozo’s hate the truth!
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Dan Bailey is now 34/44 (77.3%) in "live" field goal attempts at #VikingsCamp. Nine of his ten misses have come from the right hash mark and eight of the ten have missed to the right.

His career FG% is 86.6.

Good thing we brought in a FG Coach!

#MOIST

1.10.22: Never Forget! Zimmer and Spielman are done destroying the Vikings Organization!

Joe Bag 'O Donuts

Post by Joe Bag 'O Donuts »

Check out @DailyNorseman’s Tweet:

#MOIST
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Joe Bag 'O Donuts wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:27 am Check out @DailyNorseman’s Tweet:

#MOIST
Asked how much run Alexander Mattison will get on Friday, Zimmer made it sound like the rookie running back may have sustained injury that could keep him out. "Hopefully he can play and if he can, then we’ll give him a good dose."

Joe Bag 'O Donuts

Oscar wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:55 am
Joe Bag 'O Donuts wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:27 am Check out @DailyNorseman’s Tweet:

#MOIST
Asked how much run Alexander Mattison will get on Friday, Zimmer made it sound like the rookie running back may have sustained injury that could keep him out. "Hopefully he can play and if he can, then we’ll give him a good dose."
Oh, well now that changes things (and I do appreciate that you're here to make sure I worry). I'm officially very worried that the rookie back up running back "may" have sustained an injury that could keep him out of the first preseason game!

#MOIST
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Oriole81 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:00 pm

had diggs not broken free, he still caught the ball and would have been able to get out of bounds, giving us a chance at a 40+ or so FG that would have won the game. Considering Forbath previously made a 50+ FG on the previous drive, that was a very doable kick for him.

I think people are too hard on the Saints rookie S on that play. He had to be cautious and not take a PI on the play. He wanted to position himself so he could tackle Diggs from the outside-in to keep him in bounds and end the game. But the combination of those factors and Diggs incredible body control is what created the touchdown.

What is missed is that the Saints probably were not in the right defense, or at least executed it poorly. THe Vikings ran 3 receivers to the side and the Saints matched that by having three layers of defense. But the Saints should have never covered Kyle Rudolph in the lower zone. His man should have been covering Wright at his level with outside leverage. The player covering Wright should have been covering Diggs with outside leverage and WIlliams should have been over the top of them.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

mlhouse wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:16 am

I think people are too hard on the Saints rookie S on that play. He had to be cautious and not take a PI on the play. He wanted to position himself so he could tackle Diggs from the outside-in to keep him in bounds and end the game. But the combination of those factors and Diggs incredible body control is what created the touchdown.

What is missed is that the Saints probably were not in the right defense, or at least executed it poorly. THe Vikings ran 3 receivers to the side and the Saints matched that by having three layers of defense. But the Saints should have never covered Kyle Rudolph in the lower zone. His man should have been covering Wright at his level with outside leverage. The player covering Wright should have been covering Diggs with outside leverage and WIlliams should have been over the top of them.
I didn't mean to pick on the guy with my comment, but Diggs' momentum was taking him towards the sideline so it would have taken a really good play on Williams' end to pull him back and tackle him in bounds anyway.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Oriole81 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:20 pm

I didn't mean to pick on the guy with my comment, but Diggs' momentum was taking him towards the sideline so it would have taken a really good play on Williams' end to pull him back and tackle him in bounds anyway.
I agree with you that it was much harder than it looked. Like I said, the real problem was the way the Saints D played it. Crowley, who was covering at Wright's depth should have been at Diggs depth instead. Williams could not cover the outside leverage properly because if he over commits there Diggs plants his foot and heads to the post wide open. Williams had to be careful not to overcommit to the sideline, had to be careful to avoid a PI, and had to cover the inside deep zone all at the same time.

Instead, they should have left Rudolph wide open and essentially doubled the receiver going deep inside and out. Wright, the Vikings intermediate receiver was only a danger if he could catch the ball and get out of bounds, which yu take away with the outside leverage at his depth. You bait them to throw to Rudolph, wide open, short, and that is probably the game.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

mlhouse wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:32 pm
Oriole81 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:20 pm

I agree with you that it was much harder than it looked. Like I said, the real problem was the way the Saints D played it. Crowley, who was covering at Wright's depth should have been at Diggs depth instead. Williams could not cover the outside leverage properly because if he over commits there Diggs plants his foot and heads to the post wide open. Williams had to be careful not to overcommit to the sideline, had to be careful to avoid a PI, and had to cover the inside deep zone all at the same time.

Instead, they should have left Rudolph wide open and essentially doubled the receiver going deep inside and out. Wright, the Vikings intermediate receiver was only a danger if he could catch the ball and get out of bounds, which yu take away with the outside leverage at his depth. You bait them to throw to Rudolph, wide open, short, and that is probably the game.
I'll take your word on the rest of that.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Aviante Collins (left leg) and Brian O’Neill (right arm) remain sidelined for Wednesday’s practice.

#MOIST

Joe Bag 'O Donuts

Oscar wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:46 pm Aviante Collins (left leg) and Brian O’Neill (right arm) remain sidelined for Wednesday’s practice.

#MOIST
:lol:

Having to dig deep right now, eh?

#MOIST
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Dan Bailey goes 1-for-3 on FGs (44-wide right, 41- right upright) in the fifth period of practice. Looks like a bad snap on one and bobbled hold on the other miss.

#MOIST

Oscar

Post by Oscar »

We just spent a good 5 minutes in Kirk Cousins press conference talking about how much Garrett Bradbury sweats and how “posterior sweating” is something that was likely missed on his scouting report.

We need a game to be played or something.

#MOIST

You will never ever top this one!!!!

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Oscar wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:40 pm We just spent a good 5 minutes in Kirk Cousins press conference talking about how much Garrett Bradbury sweats and how “posterior sweating” is something that was likely missed on his scouting report.

We need a game to be played or something.

#MOIST

You will never ever top this one!!!!
Huh! I was mocked and ridiculed by a member(Hahaha I said "Member") here about my SIZZLING HOT take on this matter a few months ago.

Getting your hands under a new center is a game of millimeters and very complex. Same with the Center feeling a new QBs hands under him.

Anything from how "Acidic" the guy sweats to how his fingernails are trimmed, can be the difference from winning and losing a ball game.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

1. New special teams coach.
2. New K or P
3. New long snapper
4. Abdullah is fumbling again like he did in Detroit.

Good to see Spieldope has his built In excuses to try to keep his job next season!

#MOIIST

Flexin'

Post by Flexin' »

I've said it once and I'll say it again, I simply will never trust Kirk Cousins to lead this team to a Superbowl. It really says a lot about quarterback when a team is happy to see him leave.

Seriously, name one franchise QB that a fan base was happy to see leave that didn't have a good quarterback, or an emerging QB backing them up.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Flexin' wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:44 pm I've said it once and I'll say it again, I simply will never trust Kirk Cousins to lead this team to a Superbowl. It really says a lot about quarterback when a team is happy to see him leave.

Seriously, name one franchise QB that a fan base was happy to see leave that didn't have a good quarterback, or an emerging QB backing them up.
There were not too many fans happy to see Cousins leave Washington. I was on their team forums when it happened. Many thought it was another bone headed move by Synder but it was a foregone conclusion he was going to leave a year or two before that.

The few fans who didn't care he left were mostly of the "Redskins suck so bad anyways lets restart" crowd.

The thing is, every fan base thinks they are getting the next Tom brady when they move on. I don't know about you but if I'm a Skins fan, I would rather have had Cousins over signing
Alex Smith then having to go to Case Keenum and burning a top draft asset on Haskins.
I will tell you right now.. Haskins won't be anything near what Cousins is.

Cousins may not be perfect but he is one of the three best QBs this franchise has ever and top 4 if you count Favre.

Most of you ran Culpepper out of town too and we haven't had anything worth a shit other than the one year of Favre since. Careful what you wish for. This team will go into another 20 years of bad QB play when Kirk is gone. Thankfully, Kirk will be extended after this year.

I will never get this fan base. Many of you act as if we have had good QBs. If you are 45 or younger, you have seen very few years with a QB who can even make all the throws. :lol:

We haven't even had two full years of the same guy starting in YEARS! :lol:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:17 pm
Flexin' wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:44 pm I've said it once and I'll say it again, I simply will never trust Kirk Cousins to lead this team to a Superbowl. It really says a lot about quarterback when a team is happy to see him leave.

There were not too many fans happy to see Cousins leave Washington. I was on their team forums when it happened. Many thought it was another bone headed move by Synder but it was a foregone conclusion he was going to leave a year or two before that.

The few fans who didn't care he left were mostly of the "Redskins suck so bad anyways lets restart" crowd.

The thing is, every fan base thinks they are getting the next Tom brady when they move on. I don't know about you but if I'm a Skins fan, I would rather have had Cousins over signing
Alex Smith then having to go to Case Keenum and burning a top draft asset on Haskins.
I will tell you right now.. Haskins won't be anything near what Cousins is.

Cousins may not be perfect but he is one of the three best QBs this franchise has ever and top 4 if you count Favre.

Most of you ran Culpepper out of town too and we haven't had anything worth a shit other than the one year of Favre since. Careful what you wish for. This team will go into another 20 years of bad QB play when Kirk is gone. Thankfully, Kirk will be extended after this year.

I will never get this fan base. Many of you act as if we have had good QBs. If you are 45 or younger, you have seen very few years with a QB who can even make all the throws. :lol:

We haven't even had two full years of the same guy starting in YEARS! :lol:
We will see. Let’s not get overly #moist until we see Cousins beat a few teams with winning records.

I would say that having Kubiak here is the best offensive coach we’ve had in a few decades. He can mask a lot of shortcomings and from the plays called I might be eating my words about Cousins.

We will see though. Gruden, McKay, and Shannahan are some pretty good coaches too. Cousins did Jack shit in the years he had them in his ear, but maybe maturation, Kubiak, and Stefanski, who has been waiting for his chance can get Cousins over the hump.
Dude

Post by Dude »

This is one of the most asinine statements yet. Outside of a fringe element, there was not a sense of joy from the Redskins fanbase about getting rid of Cousins. That's a flat out lie.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Dude wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:09 am

This is one of the most asinine statements yet. Outside of a fringe element, there was not a sense of joy from the Redskins fanbase about getting rid of Cousins. That's a flat out lie.
Good to remember Denver, Arizona, NY Jets all wanted Cousins, badly.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:58 am

Not for what we paid. Allegedly the Jets were offering more, but we will never know. Cousins had a damn good agent. It was kind of a dick move by the Skins to franchise him, but they never bit.

Why?

Then to trade for Alex Smith.

And now they drafted Haskins and have Keenum.

Very odd.

Kubiak is the best offensive mind we have had here. This is THE system Cousins played for his entire career. Kubiak might be better than Shanahan or Gruden, so we are so lucky.

Anything short of winning the North and NFC Championship game would be crazy. I mean maybe you need two years for this system to be built to win it all, but we will see what Cousins has this season.

Finish like last season and you have to dump Cousins. Either way we should draft a quarterback while Kubiak is here. It would be nice to train a new guy in for the future.

Unless, after 31 years being alive Cousins becomes a big winner. Then we are set and the money will mean nothing.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

You all need to quit whining about what Cousins makes. Starting QBs get paid. I know you are not used to it since this team hasn't had a starting caliber QB jn years.

Dak Prescott was offered 30 million a year from Dallas and he turned it down.

Dak Prescott fawking sucks. He's a game manager and a shitty one at that.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Dude

Post by Dude »

cunningham wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:22 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:58 am

Not for what we paid. Allegedly the Jets were offering more, but we will never know. Cousins had a damn good agent. It was kind of a dick move by the Skins to franchise him, but they never bit.

Why?

Then to trade for Alex Smith.

And now they drafted Haskins and have Keenum.

Very odd.

It's well documented that Cousins took less money to play for the Vikings.

Also, take a look at Daniel Snyder's history as an owner. He's never been one to look at as a guy who makes good decisions.

It's not an attempt to let Spielman off the hook by any means, but let's get some real perspective here.
Last edited by Dude on Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.