Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Anyone Else Worried About This Season?

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
hategreenticemase

Re: Anyone Else Worried About This Season?

Post by hategreenticemase »

twgerber wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:58 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:23 pm
twgerber wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:20 pm

I think Cook and Bradford hurt. And Teddy before that. And Sporano. I wouldn't call them jinx'ed at all but their injuries have been at the critical positions of QB and Coaching.
As for real life - Sparano death was a very sad deal. He was very well liked and respected. Hate seeing a good, respected guy go unexpectedly at such a young age.

As for NFL/Vikes - sorry, the impact to the team has been so over exaggerated it's silly. I'd say it had very little to do whatsoever with the shit play of the OL. It was poor the year prior and was the worst in franchise history the year prior to that. That's what happens when for 5 years you don't invest in the position nearly enough, you are horrid at identifying talent for it, and suck at coaching it. Period.

Such an overblown excuse.
A few points

1) Investment - they tried and it failed continuously. They keep doing the same thing which was the mistake IMO. Investing low round picks only. Now they are finally investing in higher round draft picks. Thank goodness!

2) I don't think losing your oline coach had NO impact. The amount can be debated. They were bad the year before and even worse last year. How much was other issues besides losing Sparano? Don't know - some. I don't know what constitutes exaggeration on this point. There was a definite impact.
Certainly it weighed on the collective psyche - and I get Sparano was respected as a good OL coach. The facts are, while he was here, he wasnt. He just wasnt.

As long as I live I will never forget 2016 and doing nothing, actually trying nothing, to save the fucking ship from sinking. How Clemmings got past the 2nd start at LT is a mystery of God. (Dont even come back with "who were they supposed to play there, we had no one" - when the guy you are playing there is literally the worst player in the league when asked to play LT you play ANYONE else, including people off the street). He gets hurt, Hill goes in and is an instant improvement. Incomprehensible.

Almost as bad was any other year all anyone would have talked about was how horseshit Fusco was - he was brutal and simply overshadowed by the LT situation. He gets injured and BOTH guys who replaced him were instant improvements. It was unbelievable. The single worst coaching this franchise has ever had was how Zim and Sparano "dealt" with the OL debacle of 16. Turned a 12 win team into an 8 win team. Again, we had two guys better than the garbage playing RG and we didnt even know it until we were forced to. Again, incomprehensible and indefensible.

I believe our OL woes is a 3 pronged blame - first and foremost is RS. He hasnt done enough, period. He convinced Zim to keep Davidson and then didnt fire him til 2 years too late. Secondly, we have been horrid at assessing OL talent. Third, we have sucked at coaching it. Sparano was a large part of that while here.
j2j

Post by j2j »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:44 pm
j2j wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:42 pm Which season haven't you spazzes been worried about?
I know! everyone should sit back and enjoy watching continued excellence on the field.

This team never disappoints it's fanbase.
So basically this season is no different than any other.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Linval Joseph is expected back at practice this week, per Mike Zimmer. He did not participate in team drills during training camp, so that's an encouraging sign if he's cleared to return.

Yeah, he will be in game shape for the Falcons game!

#MOIST

:lol: :lol: :lol:
1.10.22: Never Forget! Zimmer and Spielman are done destroying the Vikings Organization!

Still can’t start a thread on this forum! Bozo’s hate the truth!
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

j2j wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:39 pm
j2j wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:42 pm Which season haven't you spazzes been worried about?
I know! everyone should sit back and enjoy watching continued excellence on the field.

:lol:
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

COACH EM UP!

Towards the end of practice, Ameer Abdullah appeared to injure his right shoulder and left 11 on 11. He fumbled shortly after receiving a handoff and it looked more like the ball was dropped, not that he was hit and contact was forced.

#MOIST
1.10.22: Never Forget! Zimmer and Spielman are done destroying the Vikings Organization!

Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Looks like we won’t see all the starting OL again.

Jeff Badet did not practice today and had a wrap around his leg. He left practice earlier Tuesday with an apparent injury. Brian O’Neill went thru light position drill work then over to the rehab field. Bisi Johnson returned today.

#MOIST

Vendetta11

Post by Vendetta11 »

j2j wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:39 pm

Exactly....

So expect 8-8 season. 8-)
Joe Bag 'O Donuts

Post by Joe Bag 'O Donuts »

Nah, I wouldn't expect like every year, more like every other year with Zim. So, prob good.
Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Post by Night Train »

Confidence is waning.
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Night Train wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:46 am Confidence is waning.
Off that game? How?

Let's see, missed 2 FG's by a guy who will be our new Mitch Berger not our K. 2 replays that go our way in the regular season that cost us 9 points. No Smith or Linval on D and no Theilen on O. About 10 dropped passes by guys who won't play? Rhodes obviously not trying to break a nail. And we still won? And won by running it down their throats? With our returning star breaking a big one? Not to mention Bisi knocking Bebe the fuck out of the 3 WR spot.

We will win 3 games late in the season off our depth alone.
Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Post by Night Train »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:55 am
Night Train wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:46 am Confidence is waning.
Off that game? How?

Let's see, missed 2 FG's by a guy who will be our new Mitch Berger not our K. 2 replays that go our way in the regular season that cost us 9 points. No Smith or Linval on D and no Theilen on O. About 10 dropped passes by guys who won't play? Rhodes obviously not trying to break a nail. And we still won? And won by running it down their throats? With our returning star breaking a big one? Not to mention Bisi knocking Bebe the fuck out of the 3 WR spot.

We will win 3 games late in the season off our depth alone.
Based off history and my gut feeling. Let's just say I'm cautiously optimistic.
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

3 of 13 for 34 yards when playing an entire half kind of puts a damper on expectations.

Cook looks ready to go.
Joe Bag 'O Donuts

Post by Joe Bag 'O Donuts »

cunningham wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:54 am 3 of 13 for 34 yards when playing an entire half kind of puts a damper on expectations.

Cook looks ready to go.
No, no it really doesn't. I mean, maybe it's enough for a Checkdown Charlie reversal. One preseason performance shouldn't change your impression any more than the last two. At least for the rational and intelligent. Oh...oops. Yeah, I guess you're right guy.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Lol. KDC is going to light up the skies Week 1.

3 tds 300yds and no picks.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

The Vikings aren’t making the playoffs.

KNOCK ON WOOD IF YOU’RE WITH ME!

#MOIST

Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

A grown man identifying with the concept of getting moist. Even from a troll that's gaf.
Deep Purple

Post by Deep Purple »

An aging defense, questionable offensive line and a mechanical QB are a concern. The kicking game is only a concern because Zimmer wants it that way.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

I fear that the passing game is going to look almost exactly like it did last year. Some flashes of dominance based on the elite talent we have on the outside in Diggs and Thielen, but plenty of stagnant periods and even some costly turnovers when those two are covered.

It's pretty clear to me that Cousins needs a clean pocket and great play calls to be at his best (which isn't necessary an indictment on Cousins because most QBs are like this). Cousins, despite having underrated speed, is not someone who can buy a lot of time to throw downfield when the protection breaks down like Rodgers, Wilson and Mahomes can do.

I see this offense producing a few 30+ point games where they look great, but plenty of sub-23 point performances where the defense will be called on to win games.
PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

Oscar wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:58 am The Vikings aren’t making the playoffs.

#MOIST

I wonder how incredibly happy you were after the Vikings missed the playoffs last year? I'd imagine you were Ecstatic!!!! But pretty bummed because your Packers didn't make it.

A grown man trolling, haha how pathetic can you get?
Simpson Get Lifted wrote
Should have been WAY more booing from the home crowd imo. You have to drown out the cheers from Oscar.

Oscar on the Vikes:
"I am all in for a 4th place finish."
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

PurpleHaze wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:55 pm

#MOIST

I wonder how incredibly happy you were after the Vikings missed the playoffs last year? I'd imagine you were Ecstatic!!!! But pretty bummed because your Packers didn't make it.

He's also a grown man that knows what it's like to feel moist.
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Hey look!

Two grown men stalking another poster on a message board. Where have we seen that BIT before?

#MOIST

PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

Slap Shot wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:54 pm
PurpleHaze wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:55 pm

#MOIST

He's also a grown man that knows what it's like to feel moist.
Hahaha, indeed!
Simpson Get Lifted wrote
Should have been WAY more booing from the home crowd imo. You have to drown out the cheers from Oscar.

Oscar on the Vikes:
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

There it is, the Minnesota Vikings have officially cut ties with former first round draft pick white receiver Laquon Treadwell. #KFANVIKES

#MOIST

Oscar

Post by Oscar »

#Vikings letting go of Sloter is just the latest example of their inability to recognize good young offensive players since Zimmer was hired in 2014

Of the 19 offensive players Minnesota drafted between 2014 and 2017, only 4 are still with the team

#MOIST

Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Just a reminder, the #Vikings have now used 5th-round picks in 2018, 2019, and 2020 on players who are no longer with the team

#MOIST

PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

Oscar wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:27 am Just a reminder, the #Vikings have now used 5th-round picks in 2018, 2019, and 2020 on players who are no longer with the team

#MOIST

Oscar goes from zero to troll at 7:30 am!!!! The pathetic never stops with you! Feel incredibly proud to be a professional loser? Haha sorry packboy.
Simpson Get Lifted wrote

Oscar on the Vikes:
dennis1

Post by dennis1 »

PurpleHaze wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:10 pm
Oscar wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:27 am Just a reminder, the #Vikings have now used 5th-round picks in 2018, 2019, and 2020 on players who are no longer with the team

#MOIST

Oscar goes from zero to troll at 7:30 am!!!! The pathetic never stops with you! Feel incredibly proud to be a professional loser? Haha sorry packboy.
When they get off to a good start, he'll disappear like a little bitch like he always does.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

dennis1 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:01 pm

#MOIST

When they get off to a good start, he'll disappear like a little bitch like he always does.
Cameron Smith, this year’s 5th, just signed to our practice squad. So he’s still “with the team.”
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:24 pm

Cameron Smith, this year’s 5th, just signed to our practice squad. So he’s still “with the team.”
Plus the 2018 pick he was referring to was for the Siemian trade, but that also netted us a 2017 7th rd pick, which turned into Devante Downs.

I could see him being signed back to PS too.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Oriole81 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:00 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:24 pm

Plus the 2018 pick he was referring to was for the Siemian trade, but that also netted us a 2017 7th rd pick, which turned into Devante Downs.

I could see him being signed back to PS too.
Downs did make it to the PS.

Wasn't the 2018 pick Danny Isadora or was that 2017?
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung