Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Anyone Else Worried About This Season?

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: Anyone Else Worried About This Season?

Post by HeHateMe »

cunningham wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:22 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:58 am
Dude wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:09 am

This is one of the most asinine statements yet. Outside of a fringe element, there was not a sense of joy from the Redskins fanbase about getting rid of Cousins. That's a flat out lie.
Good to remember Denver, Arizona, NY Jets all wanted Cousins, badly.
Not for what we paid. Allegedly the Jets were offering more, but we will never know. Cousins had a damn good agent. It was kind of a dick move by the Skins to franchise him, but they never bit.

Why?

Then to trade for Alex Smith.

And now they drafted Haskins and have Keenum.

Very odd.

Kubiak is the best offensive mind we have had here. This is THE system Cousins played for his entire career. Kubiak might be better than Shanahan or Gruden, so we are so lucky.

Anything short of winning the North and NFC Championship game would be crazy. I mean maybe you need two years for this system to be built to win it all, but we will see what Cousins has this season.

Finish like last season and you have to dump Cousins. Either way we should draft a quarterback while Kubiak is here. It would be nice to train a new guy in for the future.

Unless, after 31 years being alive Cousins becomes a big winner. Then we are set and the money will mean nothing.
The Redskins don't tank... that's why they've added three qbs in the last 18 months. And yes the Jets did offer more, there's no use is denying it. The Broncos and Cardinals were out earlier but they still wanted him badly. Don't tell me Elway took Keenum over Cousins. :lol:

It's a big year for Cousins and a big year for the Vikings. I'm fully on the tank for Lawrence in 2020 train if they fail to make the playoffs this year.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Flexin'

Post by Flexin' »

Flexin' wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:44 pm I've said it once and I'll say it again, I simply will never trust Kirk Cousins to lead this team to a Superbowl. It really says a lot about quarterback when a team is happy to see him leave.

Seriously, name one franchise QB that a fan base was happy to see leave that didn't have a good quarterback, or an emerging QB backing them up.
This is one of the most asinine statements yet. Outside of a fringe element, there was not a sense of joy from the Redskins fanbase about getting rid of Cousins. That's a flat out lie.
Im 2.5hrs from the stadium. The fans didn't have any faith in the guy and neither do I. That game against the Bears with everything on the line showed exactly the kind of QB he is. Of course I want him to be great and prove me wrong, but I don't think it'll happen and I flat out am not a fan of him.

Having said that, I'm just happy to watch this team play again. I'll be watching every year hoping that we can get that first Superbowl.
Dude

Post by Dude »

Flexin' wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:32 pm
Flexin' wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:44 pm I've said it once and I'll say it again, I simply will never trust Kirk Cousins to lead this team to a Superbowl. It really says a lot about quarterback when a team is happy to see him leave.

Seriously, name one franchise QB that a fan base was happy to see leave that didn't have a good quarterback, or an emerging QB backing them up.
Im 2.5hrs from the stadium. The fans didn't have any faith in the guy and neither do I. That game against the Bears with everything on the line showed exactly the kind of QB he is. Of course I want him to be great and prove me wrong, but I don't think it'll happen and I flat out am not a fan of him.

Having said that, I'm just happy to watch this team play again. I'll be watching every year hoping that we can get that first Superbowl.
Everything I can find in regards to any animosity towards Cousins was about his contract and whether his performance merits what his market would bear. I'm not saying there isn't an element to the idea that people wanted him gone, but we also had people in Minnesota who didn't want Favre here in 2009. Fans can be stupid.

The point is, the Redskins' issue with Cousins was contractual, and that drove the divide. Alex Smith wasn't a better option. He was cheaper.
FLYING_FINN'SSIDEKICK

Post by FLYING_FINN'SSIDEKICK »

Dude wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:43 pm
Flexin' wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:32 pm

Everything I can find in regards to any animosity towards Cousins was about his contract and whether his performance merits what his market would bear. I'm not saying there isn't an element to the idea that people wanted him gone, but we also had people in Minnesota who didn't want Favre here in 2009. Fans can be stupid.

The point is, the Redskins' issue with Cousins was contractual, and that drove the divide. Alex Smith wasn't a better option. He was cheaper.
Yup this!
Herky

Post by Herky »

Tapered excitement if they stay healthy.
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Laquon Treadwell is the fifth receiver — at best — on the depth chart and on the verge of bringing an unceremonious end to his Vikings’ career. So it should come as no surprise to anyone, including Treadwell, that the Vikings are shopping him, according to Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated.

NO! NO! NO!

#MOIST

:lol: :lol: :lol:
1.10.22: Never Forget! Zimmer and Spielman are done destroying the Vikings Organization!

Still can’t start a thread on this forum! Bozo’s hate the truth!
Joe Bag 'O Donuts

Post by Joe Bag 'O Donuts »

Check out @Vikings’s Tweet:
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Herky wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:37 pm Tapered excitement if they stay healthy.
Staying healthy is crucial to every teams success. It's the only worry I have. Nothing else will stop or can stop this juggernaut.

Vikings and Atlanta will play to go to the SB. Scary part is, AtL chokes just as much. Is it finally our turn to make the big game?

I thought last year Zimmer was very cautious with players to keep everyone healthy when it mattered.

I hope the same strategy is used this year.

#HoistIn20
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Subarudrivingsnowflake

Post by Subarudrivingsnowflake »

This year is the end of the “window”

I envision the Vikings making the playoffs and losing to the bears in Soldier field. /thread
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Subarudrivingsnowflake wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:03 pm This year is the end of the “window”

I envision the Vikings making the playoffs and losing to the bears in Soldier field. /thread
I do think this could be it also. Depends how it goes down.

We have a very nice young core signed up so we will still be a team to reckon with.

If we are really good this year and just come up short... I think you can squeeze one more year from this group.

If we are mediocre again.... Time to move on from a handful of guys.

We have a very good young nucleus though. No rebuilding.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Fucking cut him already!

Bailey with 3 more FG tries, hits from 39 but misses from 44 and 49.

3 of 6 on the day.

Beebe was holder on all 6.

Spielman sucks!

#MOIST

1.10.22: Never Forget! Zimmer and Spielman are done destroying the Vikings Organization!

BigInflateable

Post by BigInflateable »

Oscar wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:10 pm Fucking cut him already!

3 of 6 on the day.

Spielman sucks!

#MOIST

Yep all Rick's fault that Bailey, who before last season, was historically the most accurate kicker in the NFL. You've gotta do better than that numb nuts.

#CHODE
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

BigInflateable wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:01 am
Oscar wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:10 pm Fucking cut him already!

3 of 6 on the day.

Spielman sucks!

#MOIST

Yep all Rick's fault that Bailey, who before last season, was historically the most accurate kicker in the NFL. You've gotta do better than that numb nuts.

#CHODE
Can you create some more usernames for this place? It’s dead in here!

#MOIST

j2j

Post by j2j »

Which season haven't you spazzes been worried about?
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

PurpleHaze wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:48 pm
Oscar wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:53 am AllDayCrybaby says it was just a down year for the defense. He knows how to scout talent (Ponder) better then anybody!

#moist
You won't respond because you're a coward.

Methinks someone really needs to sit down with you and splain in detail to you exactly how bits work. It's really not all that complicated. :lol:
hategreenticemase

twgerber wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:20 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:42 pm
twgerber wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:18 am I am neutral as far as optimism goes.

As with any team they have to remain healthy. If they are healthy I think they are a legit playoff team.

Can they go far in the playoffs - I have no idea. I hope so but we have to see how the year unfolds. Every year they seem to have some freak thing occur - death, knees, etc. Will this be the year no major freak thing occurs?
The death of Sparano hurt but we werr relatively healthy last year. You could argue the year before we were also. Sure we lost Cook and Bradford but not much else.

The league is riddled with injuries anymore. There isn't some "Jinx" on the team.
I think Cook and Bradford hurt. And Teddy before that. And Sporano. I wouldn't call them jinx'ed at all but their injuries have been at the critical positions of QB and Coaching.
As for real life - Sparano death was a very sad deal. He was very well liked and respected. Hate seeing a good, respected guy go unexpectedly at such a young age.

As for NFL/Vikes - sorry, the impact to the team has been so over exaggerated it's silly. I'd say it had very little to do whatsoever with the shit play of the OL. It was poor the year prior and was the worst in franchise history the year prior to that. That's what happens when for 5 years you don't invest in the position nearly enough, you are horrid at identifying talent for it, and suck at coaching it. Period.

Such an overblown excuse.
PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:12 pm
Oscar wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:53 am AllDayCrybaby says it was just a down year for the defense. He knows how to scout talent (Ponder) better then anybody!

#moist

Methinks someone really needs to sit down with you and splain in detail to you exactly how bits work. It's really not all that complicated. :lol:
The less responses he receives the more he/she trolls. That packer fan has been here and the other rubechat for well over a decade. That's how pathetic he is.
Simpson Get Lifted wrote
Should have been WAY more booing from the home crowd imo. You have to drown out the cheers from Oscar.

Oscar on the Vikes:
"I am all in for a 4th place finish."
hategreenticemase

PurpleHaze wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:21 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:12 pm

The less responses he receives the more he/she trolls. That packer fan has been here and the other rubechat for well over a decade. That's how pathetic he is.
I will take your word on that fact, and the reason I do not know if that's true or not is the very reason you should listen to my advice. That being knowing he is a 100% bit I pay absolutely no mind to him. Just like DH at old place. Never engaged the fucker. Once you do that you won't care what he posts. He wins when you do. He is a fucking Packer Fan, right? Why on Earth would you want to talk to a packer fan anyway? Listen to me young one. Your life will be improved. :lol:
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

GOPACKGO!
40+ year Viking fan turned Packer fan turned J-E-T-S fan.
Hummdrum

Post by Hummdrum »

this is a very interstesting defensive stand

\
Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Sky Spy in the Sky !
j2j

Post by j2j »

Hummdrum wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:46 am this is a very interstesting defensive stand

\
Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
As long as we don't play Iowa we should be fine.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

Defense still scares me.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

The Replacements wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:35 am Defense still scares me.
They need someone we're not talking about to emerge as a stud. Preferably on the defensive line. You have to get pressure on the qb, can't just be Hunter getting there. Still curious if they can work Barr into more spots where he is rushing the qb.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:23 pm
twgerber wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:20 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:42 pm

The death of Sparano hurt but we werr relatively healthy last year. You could argue the year before we were also. Sure we lost Cook and Bradford but not much else.

The league is riddled with injuries anymore. There isn't some "Jinx" on the team.
I think Cook and Bradford hurt. And Teddy before that. And Sporano. I wouldn't call them jinx'ed at all but their injuries have been at the critical positions of QB and Coaching.
As for real life - Sparano death was a very sad deal. He was very well liked and respected. Hate seeing a good, respected guy go unexpectedly at such a young age.

As for NFL/Vikes - sorry, the impact to the team has been so over exaggerated it's silly. I'd say it had very little to do whatsoever with the shit play of the OL. It was poor the year prior and was the worst in franchise history the year prior to that. That's what happens when for 5 years you don't invest in the position nearly enough, you are horrid at identifying talent for it, and suck at coaching it. Period.

Such an overblown excuse.
A few points

1) Investment - they tried and it failed continuously. They keep doing the same thing which was the mistake IMO. Investing low round picks only. Now they are finally investing in higher round draft picks. Thank goodness!

2) I don't think losing your oline coach had NO impact. The amount can be debated. They were bad the year before and even worse last year. How much was other issues besides losing Sparano? Don't know - some. I don't know what constitutes exaggeration on this point. There was a definite impact.
GM Spielman:
  • Record 62-48-2 (.559 winning %)
  • Playoffs 1-3
  • 7 years - reached playoffs 3 times.
  • Winner of the North 2 of last 4 years
Zimmer is 48-33-1
vikesbumeout
***Official Gibby Award Winner - August 2018***

Post by vikesbumeout »

Is anyone worried about Aaron Rogers this season?

I hear he is one year older.
Liberals are always so confident in their ideas until history meets up with them
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:42 am
They need someone we're not talking about to emerge as a stud. Preferably on the defensive line. You have to get pressure on the qb, can't just be Hunter getting there. Still curious if they can work Barr into more spots where he is rushing the qb.
The defense needs to get more "Exotic" imo.

2015 and 2016 we saw a lot of different blitz packages etc

Lately we seem to only be coming with our front 4. Sure, that's great when it works but we don't seem to be getting enough pressure that way.

We need to start sending LB, CBs, and Safeties.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
vikesbumeout
***Official Gibby Award Winner - August 2018***

Post by vikesbumeout »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:08 pm

Lately we seem to only be coming with our front 4. Sure, that's great when it works but we don't seem to be getting enough pressure that way.

Is that the conclusion after 11 hours of “anal- isn’t” work?!
Liberals are always so confident in their ideas until history meets up with them
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Has anyone seen a pass rush yet?

Weak run offense.

Weak run defense.

If you can’t run the ball, play action is worthless.

The Cardinals offense has looked pathetic so far this preseason, if they look against us, we are fucked.

8-8

#MOIST

DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

j2j wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:42 pm Which season haven't you spazzes been worried about?
I know! everyone should sit back and enjoy watching continued excellence on the field.

This team never disappoints it's fanbase.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
hategreenticemase

vikesbumeout wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:21 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:08 pm

Is that the conclusion after 11 hours of “anal- isn’t” work?!
:lol: