Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Kyle Rudolph signs extension

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Oscar

Re: Kyle Rudolph signs extension

Post by Oscar »

Kubiak the 2 TE guru-

2014-Ravens
Daniels 48 receptions, 527 yards, 4 TD’s
Pitta 20, 301, 0

2015-Broncos with Peyton Manning
Daniels 46, 517, 3
Davis 20, 201, 0

Green 22, 237, 1
Derby 16, 160, 0

You can put that myth to rest now. Should have moved up and got another OL.

Top 10 GM! :lol: :lol: :lol:
1.10.22: Never Forget! Zimmer and Spielman are done destroying the Vikings Organization!

Still can’t start a thread on this forum! Bozo’s hate the truth!
Dude

Post by Dude »

Oscar wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:15 am Kubiak the 2 TE guru-

2014-Ravens
Daniels 48 receptions, 527 yards, 4 TD’s
Pitta 20, 301, 0

2015-Broncos with Peyton Manning
Daniels 46, 517, 3
Davis 20, 201, 0

Green 22, 237, 1
Derby 16, 160, 0

You can put that myth to rest now. Should have moved up and got another OL.

Top 10 GM! :lol: :lol: :lol:
10-6
12-4 (Superbowl)
9-7

Oh noES!!
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Still no concrete details, but Kevin Patra at NFL.com reports that it’s very team-friendly. Apparently we save $4M on the cap this year, Kyle gets a little more overall cash in guarantees, and it’s year to year after that with little guaranteed money going forward.

If so, that’s a very good deal for the Vikes.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Imagine the outrage on here because the Vikings picked a good TE in the second round, who is 21! "OMG, we extend Rudolph, why did we draft Irv Smith?!"

Boobtube again with fake outrage because he sees a four year deal for 36 mil which Rudolph will never see the end of. People flip out over NFL contracts before seeing the real numbers. GUARANTEED MONEY/CAP HIT PER YEAR, that's all that bleeping matters. Fake outrage!

Now, regarding this year and all in -- yeah, they're trying to win a super bowl again... like they were trying last year. Will they get there? I feel less confident going into this year but they were pressing last year. This is the year we'll find out if Cousins can live up to the contract or not. If he does, great, let's see how far they can go. If he doesn't, Spielman/Zimmer likely gone, for sure Rick, Paton takes over and IMO the best strategy is to start trading / cutting anyone outside of Hunter/Thielen/Diggs and the young guys on rookie scale deals. Tank for 2020 and put yourself in a spot to get Trevor Lawrence.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:19 am Still no concrete details, but Kevin Patra at NFL.com reports that it’s very team-friendly. Apparently we save $4M on the cap this year, Kyle gets a little more overall cash in guarantees, and it’s year to year after that with little guaranteed money going forward.

If so, that’s a very good deal for the Vikes.
:clap: Fake outrage! 4 years 36 mil my god fire everyone now!
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Yeah if the numbers being reported are true, this is a good deal.

The “why did we draft Irv Smith” people obviously haven’t seen the track record of rookie TEs in the league and fail to understand the purpose of the draft anyway.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:28 am Yeah if the numbers being reported are true, this is a good deal.

The “why did we draft Irv Smith” people obviously haven’t seen the track record of rookie TEs in the league and fail to understand the purpose of the draft anyway.
And fails to understand the Kubiak offense and the fact that Irv and kyle have very different and complimentary skill sets.

I have been preaching this since draft day and it looks like the Vikings agree with me.

- Carl Jung
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:30 am
Ash Ketchum wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:28 am Yeah if the numbers being reported are true, this is a good deal.

And fails to understand the Kubiak offense and the fact that Irv and kyle have very different and complimentary skill sets.

I have been preaching this since draft day and it looks like the Vikings agree with me.
I pictured Irv Smith more in the Jared Cook role, YAC guy. Rudolph is a possession TE. Is this not the case? I can't say I've watched a lot of Irv Smith but these two are guys who can and will be on the field together. How hard is this for some fans to understand? And it was pick 50.
Phrooster

Post by Phrooster »

I maybe in the minority but I like Rudy he's still only 29 still has game :naners:
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:41 am

I pictured Irv Smith more in the Jared Cook role, YAC guy. Rudolph is a possession TE. Is this not the case? I can't say I've watched a lot of Irv Smith but these two are guys who can and will be on the field together. How hard is this for some fans to understand? And it was pick 50.
You're going to hate a heavy 2TE set offense. It's boring. We've seen that movie before. The Irv Smith pick was astonishingly bad.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Small Hands wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:53 am

You're going to hate a heavy 2TE set offense. It's boring. We've seen that movie before. The Irv Smith pick was astonishingly bad.
We just need an option who can beat man coverage when the defense is spending all it's time scheming against Diggs and Thielen and Rudolph can't run by anyone.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Yes. And I see Kyle lined up as a traditional TE next to the tackle and set in motion occasionally. Irv will line up in the backfield and be set in motion a lot.

- Carl Jung
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Also, the people complaining about bringing back Rudolph would be the same people bitching when we struggle in the redZone this year.
Tmoney

Post by Tmoney »

With Diggs, thielen, rudolph you have 3 of the better sets of hands in the league.

If Irv can create a bit of a mismatch and pull safety help because a LB cant run with him it opens things up.

I like it.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:23 am Imagine the outrage on here because the Vikings picked a good TE in the second round, who is 21! "OMG, we extend Rudolph, why did we draft Irv Smith?!"

Boobtube again with fake outrage because he sees a four year deal for 36 mil which Rudolph will never see the end of. People flip out over NFL contracts before seeing the real numbers. GUARANTEED MONEY/CAP HIT PER YEAR, that's all that bleeping matters. Fake outrage!

Now, regarding this year and all in -- yeah, they're trying to win a super bowl again... like they were trying last year. Will they get there? I feel less confident going into this year but they were pressing last year. This is the year we'll find out if Cousins can live up to the contract or not. If he does, great, let's see how far they can go. If he doesn't, Spielman/Zimmer likely gone, for sure Rick, Paton takes over and IMO the best strategy is to start trading / cutting anyone outside of Hunter/Thielen/Diggs and the young guys on rookie scale deals. Tank for 2020 and put yourself in a spot to get Trevor Lawrence.
Thanks for explaining to us how NFL contracts work. :thumbsup:

I'm just not a fan of this guy. He's been overpaid for year's and does nothing more than any veteran TE can do.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Non-participants at Day 1 of Vikings minicamp: Irv Smith Jr, Tyler Conklin, David Morgan, Tashawn Bower, Mike Hughes, Reshard Cliett, Jordan Taylor and Jeff Badet. Minnesota down 3 TEs today.

Top 10 GM drafted a Glass Joe TE!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
1.10.22: Never Forget! Zimmer and Spielman are done destroying the Vikings Organization!

Still can’t start a thread on this forum! Bozo’s hate the truth!
Ash Ketchum

Re: Kyle Rudolph Agrees to Contract Extension

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Blarney wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:17 pmPity post.
Hah, thanks. My thread was actually first, but it’s all good.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Oscar wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:50 am Non-participants at Day 1 of Vikings minicamp: Irv Smith Jr, Tyler Conklin, David Morgan, Tashawn Bower, Mike Hughes, Reshard Cliett, Jordan Taylor and Jeff Badet. Minnesota down 3 TEs today.

Top 10 GM drafted a Glass Joe TE!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Fire the TE coach and the training staff, three TEs out today? WTF!
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Does this mean that David Morgan isn't back after next year?
If not, offsets a good portion of Rudy's contract as I wouldn't be surprised if Morgan gets something similar to Ellison's 4 year $18M deal.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

Per a league source, Rudolph will receive $9.25 million fully guaranteed under the deal. The total guarantee (full guarantee plus injury guarantee) is $16.25 million. He’s getting $1.625 million more than the money he was already due to make, which included a base salary of $7.25 million. Rudolph’s 2020 salary of $7.375 million is guaranteed for injury. Beyond 2020, the deal has no guarantees.

Overall Not Bad.
GM Spielman:
  • Record 62-48-2 (.559 winning %)
  • Playoffs 1-3
  • 7 years - reached playoffs 3 times.
  • Winner of the North 2 of last 4 years
Zimmer is 48-33-1
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

So which of the TE's ahead of Kyle would you rather have?
2019-06-11_14-11-33.png
GM Spielman:
  • Playoffs 1-3
Zimmer is 48-33-1
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

twgerber wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:13 pm So which of the TE's ahead of Kyle would you rather have?

2019-06-11_14-11-33.png
Almost everyone on that list.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

All but maybe 2 or 3. Seems like a decent contract for all parties
GM Spielman:
  • Playoffs 1-3
Zimmer is 48-33-1
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

twgerber wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:28 pm All but maybe 2 or 3. Seems like a decent contract for all parties
What?!? Walker, Cook and Graham are about the only 3 on that list I take Rudolph over. All 3 of them can play just as good as him on any given year also.

At least Graham was once a stud. Rudy is a never has been. One of the most overrated players in franchise history.

We always have to have a overrated nice white guy on all our Minnesota teams though.

He replaces Greenway in that aspect.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:42 pm I am guessing that essentially, the team can get out of this deal after 2020.
Since they are saving $4 million this year. They will still have some dead cap space if they cut him after 2020. Need more details to be sure though. I am guessing they will have a 4-5 million dead cap space if they cut him after 2020.

Edit: Sounds like only 1st year is guaranteed so I think Ash is right. I was under impression 2nd year was guaranteed.
Last edited by Obi-Wan on Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:32 pm
twgerber wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:28 pm All but maybe 2 or 3. Seems like a decent contract for all parties
What?!? Walker, Cook and Graham are about the only 3 on that list I take Rudolph over. All 3 of them can play just as good as him on any given year also.

At least Graham was once a stud. Rudy is a never has been. One of the most overrated players in franchise history.

We always have to have a overrated nice white guy on all our Minnesota teams though.

Kyle Rudolph is a solid player, and has been for what, 7-8 years now? 29 going 30, this deal makes 100% sense given the offseason moves. You're over the top as usual on hate here.
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

Graham hasn't been anything like a stud for years. All those guys all make a lot more and most are older too.
GM Spielman:
  • Playoffs 1-3
Zimmer is 48-33-1
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:54 pm

Kyle Rudolph is a solid player, and has been for what, 7-8 years now? 29 going 30, this deal makes 100% sense given the offseason moves. You're over the top as usual on hate here.
I'm just talking shit. I mean, they are my real thoughts but I am not upset about this. :lol:

I'm fine with him back this year. I didn't expect him not on roster at this point. I just don't care for the extension and he was the first guy I wanted them to get rid of before FA.

I have extremely big expectations for this year and think we are the most talented roster in the league. This move doesn't change that. I just don't prefer it.

There are many others who have said they don't like it either in this thread.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

twgerber wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:59 pm

Graham hasn't been anything like a stud for years. All those guys all make a lot more and most are older too.
You didn't ask about money and age. You sound asked who you would rather have.

You have him way overrated if you think he is better than most of that list.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

I'm pretty sure my girlfriend could tackle Rudolph in the open field and get around him on the edge. If you want a tall red zone guy, just go sign Moss.

Conservative move by the coaching staff and GM.